The CEO's Proposal || PAUSED

By iforgotwhoasked

** ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE ** * "๐…๐ฎ๐œ๐ค ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ." ๐ˆ ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ญ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ. "๐‡๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ž๐ง... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE - please read
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
prologue || 00
chapter one || 01
chapter two || 02
chapter three || 03
chapter four || 04
chapter five || 05
chapter six || 06
chapter seven || 07
chapter eight || 08
chapter nine || 09
chapter eleven || 11
chapter twelve || 12
chapter thirteen || 13
chapter fourteen || 14
chapter fifteen || 15
chapter sixteen || 16
chapter seventeen || 17
chapter eighteen || 18
chapter nineteen || 19
chapter twenty || 20
chapter twenty one || 21
chapter twenty two || 22
chapter twenty three || 23
chapter twenty four || 24 *
chapter twenty five || 25
chapter twenty six || 26

chapter ten || 10

698 19 1
By iforgotwhoasked

A/N: The picture shows a visual of their dresses.

Someone bangs on my bedroom door.

I have absolutely no doubt that it's Rayne.

I groan, and roll over in my bed enough to be able to stand up after getting off from the side and unlocking my door.

Rayne lets herself in, I notice her carrying a bunch of clothes and she scatters them all over the bed.

"Okay so, I bought a bunch of clothes earlier so let's see which ones you'll suit." She says, while rummaging through them.

She's a lifesaver. I was so close to just putting on some old party clothes from last year.

I walk over to her and peer over her shoulder.

One of them catches my eye immediately. I point it out and she takes a good look at it, then holds it up against my body.

"Perfect!" She squeals and pushed it towards me ushering me to go try it on.

She goes round near my wardrobe and starts changing out of her clothes to put on her short indigo blue dress on. The dress stops just above her mid thigh, with a low cut at the front and long sleeves completing her look.

I gasp as I look at her. "Rayne you sexy minx. I don't know if I wanna be you, or wanna be with you." I say proudly look at her as she twirls in her dress.

She grins, "Why thank you, she-devil. Now go try yours on!" She says.

I shrug, and take my shirt off following with my joggers too.

If you think us changing in front of each other is weird, you should see the other things we do together.

We're proper siblings I swear.

When I finally manage to get into the dress, I examine it in the mirror. The colour is a midnight black dress and straps that are thin with no sleeves, with a 'V' shape in between the valley of my breasts making the top part of my chest visible. The dress stops just about mid thigh, it hugs my body in all the right places giving a nice curvy type to my figure.

Maybe it doesn't look too bad?

I should try something a little looser. Just in case.

I try to look confident but my smile comes out a little wonky and Rayne notices me moving towards my other clothes.

She looks at me up and down. "Babes trust me, if everyone isn't their knees for you tonight, I definitely will be." She comes up to me and hugs me tightly.

"I promise I'll be with you the entire time if you feel anxious at all." She promises me, and I hug her back just as tight.

I quickly look back into the mirror to make sure my normally wavy light dirty blonde hair is properly straightened, and see Rayne's gorgeous naturally curly raven hair.

I smile at her. "Well, shall we?" Then we link arms and make our way.

******************

Before we left the house, I quickly texted my mum that I would be out for most of the night so she doesn't need to wait up for me. I just know she would probably have been celebrating so she could have her 'well deserved beauty sleep'.

We get into Rayne's car and she drives quite quickly to the closest club near me, luckily it's decent from the inside so we normally go there since it has a nice dance floor.

We promptly arrive outside the club and already get out the car to see a huge line of people waiting to get in.

I leave my airpods in the glove compartment so I know it won't get lost and grab my purse. We walk towards the end of the line which is near the end of the street, hopefully it will go down quickly.

Me and Rayne distract ourselves by talking about a bunch of random things like we always do and end up playing a game of smash or pass with celebrities.

"Ooh! How about Andrew Garfield?" She asks me.

"Is that even a question? One hundred percent smash." I fan myself dramatically.

I think of someone else. "Dylan O' Brien? I say pass, but I wanna hear your opinion." I say.

"Oh yeah, pass. That guy looks like a child I swear," I laugh at her comment agreeing with her, "What about Shay Mitchell?" She asks.

I look at her. "She's my girl crush. We would totally shag." I put it simply.

"You're right. My girl crush has to be Rihanna. She's a fucking queen!" Rayne exclaims.

Before we know it, the line shortens up and we're at the front. We show out ID's (How nice it feels to show real ones instead of making fakes) and enter the club.

I immediately wince at the sudden light intensity change, as multiple rays of different coloured lights are being flashed across the entire area. The lively atmosphere and people in the middle dancing their butts off. I notice a few people sitting on the sides and some are on the bar stools having conversations with the bartender.

I tell Rayne I'm going to go get drinks and she nods, walking off probably finding someone to dance with.

I approach the bar and sit casually on the bar stool, waiting for him to finally notice me.

I stare at my old friend behind the bar. He's got dark brown messy hair, with emerald green eyes that you could stare at for hours and never get bored. His jawline is quite sharp and he has those dimples that you could just sink your finger into. He has broad shoulders and a toned stomach, he doesn't exactly like working out much but I always tell him that his body is perfect. He also wears glasses sometimes, but that's only when he reads.

We met in high school at the end of year 10 and he was my friend all the way up until the last year of our college, until he had to go to Ireland to start his university. I heard he was back a few weeks ago, yet he never called after that.

He finally finishes his drinks and turns around. When he spots me sitting across from him he freezes and his eyes widen.

He quickly comes round and takes me by surprise by hugging me extra tightly. I melt and hug him back, I haven't seen him for two years.

As I pull back from the hug, I smack his shoulder. Hard.

He rubs it and groans. "Ow, what was that for? Not even a hello?" He says, while sitting down next to me.

"You're an absolute idiot, you know that? You never called me to tell me you're back!" I exclaim rather loudly, expressing my anger and crossing my arms.

He winces and looks at me with guilt. "I'm so sorry N, trust me I was going to but with the moving and everything I was kinda overwhelmed with that so I completely forgot to tell you." He says sincerely.

I roll my eyes and lift the corner of my lip up. "It was dickish of you, but I'll forgive you just this once." I say.

He smiles. "Thanks Nai."

Just at that moment, Rayne comes running to me. "Nai! You'll never guess what-" She pauses as soon as she sees who I'm with and her eyes widen.

"Roman?" She says, without daring to move closer.

He looks just as tense as Rayne and stumbles over his words. "R-Rayne. You look- um. You look great." He finds it difficult to find the right words to say to her.

Yeah, this is awkward.

Back in college, Rayne had a huge crush on Roman but never ended up confessing to him and when he left for Ireland it completely broke her. He also secretly liked her but was clearly too shy to say anything and by the time he figured it out, he was leaving.

It was sad. I was both of their wing woman.

I laugh awkwardly. "Okay soo," I drag out, "I'm gonna go over there and leave you two to talk over here." I point somewhere random, they obviously don't see me since they're too busy starting at each other to even notice.

I quickly slip away and see another bartender near the end of the counter.

I sigh with relief and go over to him, plopping down onto the stool.

"Hey, could I please get a shot of vodka? Thank you." I ask and mindlessly tap my fingers along the counter.

"Make that two." I hear a firm, deep voice behind me sending shivers down my back as I recognise that voice and straighten my back.

He sits down next to me and I stare at him unconsciously.

"Miss. Brown?" He says, equally shocked to see me here.

Mr. Russo himself situates himself right next to me as he looks at me. He's wearing a black button up shirt, with the top few buttons undone so I can see his silver chain along with the start of his tattoos on his chest. The shirt hugs him tightly so I can see the bulging muscles that are on his arms with the watch he wears. The bottom half is covered with black slacks, almost straining against him.

It's odd to see him look so calm and collected out of work, since he literally gives me vibes of a workaholic.

I can't seem to find the right words as I rapidly blink my eyes. "Uh, what are- how is-," I confuse myself and finally settle with, "How you doin'?" I lean on my arm and mentally smack my forehead for sticking with that.

He looks as if he's trying to keep in a laugh and simply shakes his head. "I'm having a small break. Company's tiring me out." He's so simple with his words, like he doesn't even need to think since he always know what to say.

He opens his mouth again. "I also received your voicemail, about you accepting my proposal. I appreciate that. Thank you. We can discuss that tomorrow but it appears you have friends with you so I'll let you have your fun." He says looking at me straight in the eye and grabbing the drink that was placed in front of him.

I nod silently and grab my drink, immediately downing my shot before having a lot more then making my way to Rayne and Roman.

I look over to the bar to see them still talking, so I smile and move to the dance floor not wanting to disturb their moment.

I begin to get lost in the music as my hips start swaying with the beat and I move along doing my favourite white girl dance for the fun of it.

It may be weird, but it's fucking hilarious.

I feel someone press up against me and I gasp, shocked.

I think about it, and I may as well have some fun. I start grinding up against him moving my hands behind me to his neck, feeling his arms grip waist and we move like this for a little while before I drop down on him slowly and back up again. I could've swore I heard him groan.

I turn around to see a guy in his maybe mid-twenties smirking down at me and gripping my hands in his.

"Hey pretty, wanna get out of here?" He asks me while intertwining his hands with mine.

I smirk. "Nah, thanks for the offer though." I pat his cheek and try to leave.

He pulls me back by the wrist, "It wasn't a question." He sneers, obviously can't seem to handle my rejection.

I roll my eyes. "Well in all honesty, I never even bloody asked." I snap back and rip my arm away from his tight grip.

He tries to come back to me, but I see a much taller man intervene as he stands right in front of me when I turn around to face the douche bag.

Mr. Russo himself, ladies and gentlemen.

"If I'm correct she told you no, yes?" He says with a calm expression, taking a hold of my hand.

It fits perfectly with mine, sending tingles all over my body. I don't want to let go. He take a quick glance at me and smirks, with a look that just says 'go along with it'.

I rest my head on his shoulder, slightly having to go on my tip toes since he's abnormally huge and see douche bag quivering as he sees me smile at him.

I don't know where this boldness came from, but I love it.

He trembles, putting his hands up as surrender. "Sorry man, I didn't realise she had a boyfriend." He says pathetically quickly scurries away.

I scoff at the guy and look up at my boss. "You did great sir, thanks a lot but I could have done that myself you know." I slur my words and point at his chest, fiddling with his buttons

He rolls his eyes and takes a hold of my hands. "We're outside of work, you can call me Vittorio, Nailea. I'm sure you could have handled that yourself, you're very strong, but you are under the influence so I just wanted to make sure you were alright." He says, not realising we had moved really close that our chests are extremely close.

I move closer so that if I trip, I would fall directly into him. He notices my movements and his breaths shorten and his chest moves up and down rather quickly, so does mine. I glance at his tattoos ever so quickly so he doesn't see it. Tattoos are everything. I see him analysing my face and looking at my lips for a split second before looking back into my eyes.

He shakes his head and moves back to create distance between us.

I sulk, feeling the loss of his warmth suddenly being surrounded by nothing but cool air.

I feel rather bold today, "Can't believe you haven't got a girlfriend yet Vittorio." He chuckles at my words and shrugs.

"Well, I wouldn't mind it but I never have the time to do that dating stuff." He says while looking into my eyes.

I slur my words again. "If you'll excuse me, I need to go find my friend." I try moving forward.

I stumble a little, barely being able to stay upright and almost drop down onto the floor when I feel a big strong arm grip mine and pull me back up, now holding onto my waist and turning me around.

"You're drunk, Nailea. Do you need me to take you home?" He asks politely, making sure I'm comfortable.

I gasp. "I would most definitely absolutely love that! We could literally have a sleepover at mine. Or yours, whatever floats your little bubble big man." I say excitedly, already mentally planning what snacks to take out.

He shakes his head and helps me walk out the club, making me text Rayne that I had to leave.

Damn, the sky looks so fucking pretty.

I look up at the sky and admire the stars in awe as I sit on the curb of the pavement, getting out of Vittorio's grip. He sighs and collapses right next to me.

"What are you staring at?" He asks.

"The sky. Literally." I say, wanting to reach out and touch the crescent moon.

I feel his gaze on me as I stare up and when I go to look at him, he immediately acts like he was looking at the sky the whole time.

He clears his throat and stands up again. "Alright, I'll take you to mine since you don't have your purse with you and you need your keys." He says, before pulling me up.

I nod, stand up and sigh while stretching out my arms letting out a little yawn. "I'm absolutely positively knackered Vitty." I say with droopy eyes.

He pauses and turns back around when he was about to open my car door. "Vitty?" He pulls a weird face.

I shrug and open the door myself before making myself comfortable at the back seats and lying down so my whole body is propped up on all the seats.

He rolls his eyes at my actions and closes my door then goes to his seat.

The drive isn't too long, I was asleep for most of it.

I hear the car door open on the side my legs are, probably so it's easier for him to tap me to make sure I'm not dead but asleep.

What shocked me was that he ended up lifting my whole body and carried me in his arms all the way up to his what looks like an apartment like I weighed a feather.

I feel self-conscious again. For fuck's sake.

I stir awake properly and try to jump down but he doesn't let me, telling me I'll stumble and fall again so I stay as still as possible not trying to put all my weight on him.

He walks to his what I presume is the guest room and lays me on the bed, taking off my shoes.

"I don't have any clothes for you, so only if you want to you can wear my shirt and spare joggers." He says while placing my shoes in a corner.

I nod. "Yeah that would be great, thank you. Do you have anything I could use for my makeup to come off?" I ask, fiddling with my fingers.

He nods towards the en-suite bathroom. "My sister comes over a couple of times in a month so she leaves her makeup remover and pads in that bathroom. Help yourself." He says with no hint of emotion and leaves the room.

So serious. Jeez.

I take a towel from the bathroom and hop in the shower cos I feel icky for no reason whatsoever.

When I'm done with my five minute shower I brush my teeth, never without a little dancing to a good old Bruno Mars song.

I change into his black shirt and grey joggers and shook that they're actually so comfortable and soft. (And definitely smell like him)

As soon as I reach the bed when I leave the bathroom to go back to the room, I collapse onto it with a big jump and immediately fall asleep.

_______________________

AUTHOR NOTE

HEYY!!

How was the long chapter? If it's too long, let me know and I'll try change it.

Also I wasn't bothered to write it but if it's needed I can add it in later but basically Nailea and Vittorio talked about the bodyguard thing already I just thought it would be too long so I didn't include it in.

What's everybody's fave band? Mine's arctic monkeys.

Love you all <3

Until later,

Rue :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72K 1.5K 52
___________________________ "You were mine the second you put your signature on that contract." He looked at me with pure lust and dominance in his...
8.6K 250 17
"What do you say, bellissima?" "Stop calling me that, Arius." "Over my dead body, wife." โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:*โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:หš โ™ก โ‹†๏ฝกหš๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:*โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* Lucian West was in de...
425K 7.7K 50
Silence. "HUH?" He laughs aiming the gun at my head. "Does this scare you, babe," he yells with anger. My heart was beating so fast it felt like I wa...
237K 7.6K 30
I look at him weirdly and before I know it his lips are on mine and his hands are in my hair. God his lips are so soft. I forget about what was going...