The Unbreakable Dancer

By lushwriterlvr

Tessa Wren is a painter(who can also secretly dance) at the Maryland School of the Arts (MSA) and is best fri... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A/N
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Book Request Book
A/N
Chapter 29
A/N

Chapter 19

2.5K 53 31
By lushwriterlvr

Bonus chapter from Step Up Revolution.

Two years later from the events of Step Up 3D. *Moose, Tessa, and Camille are all juniors in college.*

"Have a good summer break students," my teacher Professor Stark says to us as all of the students walk out the door of the building.

I walk out the door and I am greeted by my boyfriend of almost two years holding a sign. The sign says 'Congrats, you finished the calculus II course'.

"Congratulations are in order, you finished calculus," Moose cheers.

"Aw aren't you sweet?" I say to Moose and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Uh uh, you missed," Moose pouts.

I roll my eyes and grab him by the collar and connect my lips to his, even over a year of dating I still feel the fireworks go off when we kiss. I pull away and straighten out his shirt.

"Better now?" I smirk.

"A lot better babe."

"Mmm, you wanna get ice cream to celebrate?"

"Yeah sure, afterwards can we go to my dorm and watch a movie?"

"Of course, as long as the movie is Harry Potter or Marvel-related," I say to him.

"Always," Moose says and pecks me on the cheek then wraps his arm around my waist as we go to the ice cream shop.

******************************************

We walk into the ice cream shop and see Camille, Yasmine, Andrew, and Devan.

"Hey guys," I say as we walk up to them.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" They all shout at me at the same time.

"You passed calculus, I'm so proud of you," Camille says and gives me a hug.

"We don't know if I passed or not, the exam will tell," I say.

"Oh come on you're obviously gonna pass. You're extremely smart, you got this girl," Devan hypes me up.

"Okay, did you guys get your ice cream yet?" I ask.

"No we were waiting on the lovebirds," Yasmine teases.

I roll my eyes and was about to head into the line.

"Sit down, I'll get your ice cream," Moose insists.

"You don't know what I-"

"You usually get chocolate ice cream, with chocolate chips on top, with sprinkles, and sometimes you add mini brownies," Moose recites my order from memory with a smirk.

"You know me so well,"

"Of course I do."

"Devan and I will go with you, we'll get Camille and Yasmine's ice cream," Andrew says to Moose.

The boys walk off and it gives us time to catch up on our girly gossip.

"So what's new with you and loverboy?" Yasmine asks me.

"Nothing much, I mean-" I get cut off by Yasmine.

"Have y'all had done it yet?"

"What? Why do you want to know that?" I ask baffled.

"So I'm taking it as a no," Yasmine says.

"You would be correct," I admit.

"Really?" Camille asks. "I thought as soon as y'all got together you would-"

"Can we please not talk about this in public. Anyway enough about me, what about you Camille, any boys or girls on your mind recently?"

"Yeah, actually. Wait how did you know about that?" Camille asks shocked like I found out a secret.

"How do I know about what?" I ask confused.

"Nothing," she says quickly and laughs it off.

Okay weird.

"What about you Yasmine? I have been seeing you've been giving Andrew some goo-goo eyes lately," I tease.

"I have not," Yasmine denies.

"Yes you have, it's as bad as Tess and Moose before they started dating," Camille comments.

"Camille!" Yasmine whines.

"What it's the truth," Camille holds her hands up.

"What's the truth?" Andrew asks as he, Devan, and Moose came back with our ice cream.

"Nothing," Camille, Yasmine, and I say in unison.

We look at each other and start laughing.

Andrew gives Moose and look and he shrugs. Moose hands me my ice cream.

"Here you go, princess."

"Thank you," I say and give him a peck on the cheek.

"Aww," Camille, Yasmine, and Devan gush.

I roll my eyes and dig into my ice cream.

**************************************

"See ya later guys," I wave to our group, as Moose and I walk toward his dorm,

Since we're juniors, juniors have slightly different dorms than the freshman. Our dorms are a little bigger and the person you share it with, you two have separate rooms. So we can hang out in his dorm without disturbing his roommate.

We enter his dorm and walk into his bedroom. I take off my shoes and run into his closet to get one of his hoodies. I put one on and walk out.

"Really Tess," Moose asks with a smile on his face.

"Yours is more comfortable than mine," I admit.

I sit on his bed and cuddle next to him.

"What movie?"

"Oh, can we watch The Avengers?"

"Of course." Moose clicks a button on the remote and I hear the intro that makes me happy in all Marvel movies.

I snuggle next to him even closer to capture his body heat.

After about an hour my eyelids begin to feel heavy.

I don't wanna sleep during a Marvel movie, that's offensive.

I fight to stay awake but sleep defeats me once again.

After a while of sleeping, I hear a phone call. I ignore it but Moose picks it up.

I pretend I'm asleep so that I can listen to the conversation.

"Hey Jason, what's up, I haven't heard from you in a while," Moose says softly.

"Oh, she's sleeping beside me. Yes, we both have clothes on," Moose says annoyed. "No, we didn't do the devil's tango."

Ah, Jason being the overprotective brother we all know and love.

"Oh wow, that's cool."

"Really, me and Tess? When? Alright cool. Don't worry about it, we always have your back. Okay, check ya later, bye."

He hands the phone up and I can feel his eyes looking down at me.

"So beautiful," he whispers and kisses my head. Then he falls asleep.

We wake up about an hour later and Moose explains what Jason needs us for.

"How are we gonna get the money to fly to Miami?"

"The mob will pay for it,"

"Who's the mob?"

"I'll explain later,"

"Okay, when do we leave?"

"Um, tomorrow."

"MOOSE," I shout.

"I was going to tell you yesterday, but you look so peaceful while you slept," Mose says sheepishly.

"It's okay, let me go to my dorm and pack, and I'll sleep over here tonight. Wait who's gonna drive us to the airport?"

"Don't worry about it. I got it covered."

*************Next day***********

"So you're Moose's girlfriend?" Moose's roommate asks me from the front seat of the car driving.

"Yep," I reply.

"Cool."

The entire ride to the airport was filled with awkward silence. But finally, we reached the airport and Moose's roommate dropped us off. We thanked him and he shrugged and sped off.

We went through the normal airport things like security, bag check, dealing with kids running everywhere, the usual stuff.

After waiting for a couple of minutes at our gate, we were called to board.

"Moose?" I ask as we are walking on the plane.

"Yeah."

"Can I have your window seat, please? I love looking out the window when we take off."

"Sure thing."

"Thank you," I say and give him a peck.

We get down in our seats and wait for the plane to board with passengers. After 15 minutes we were ready for take-off.

***I don't feel like writing the plane ride so I'm gonna skip to when you go off the plane and go to the bag pickup area***

Moose and I walk into the bag pickup area and look for our bags.

We spot Moose's but we still can't spot mine. In the distance I see a guy picking up my bag.

I walk over to him to tell him politely  that he has my bag by mistake.

"Excuse me, sir," I say to the man and he turns around.

"I think you have my- JASON," I jump onto him and give him a hug.

"Woah, sis. I didn't think you missed me that much," Jason says with a smile. I let go of him and Moose walks up to him and they do some dude handshake.

"Sup man," Moose says.

"Glad y'all could make it on such short notice. Walk with me to my car and I'll explain."

After a bit of walking, we get to Jason's car and put our bags inside.

"Moose up here with me," Jason tells Moose.

"Hey, why can't he sit back here?"

"I don't want y'all to get frisky in my car. It's cute that you two are together, but Imma make sure he keeps his hands to himself," Jason says to us.

I roll my eyes at him and head into the back seat.

Moose and Jason are in the front and Jason drives off.

"So I'm in this dance group, we call ourselves the Mob."

"Oh my gosh, I've seen you guys. It's so cool." I say.

"Thanks, sis, in the beginning, we were trying to convey a message but some things went down and that message become overlooked. You two are the best dancers I know. When you move, people watch. That's why I called you down here, you can make the world listen. If we don't convey the message, people down here can go out of business and lose their homes."

"Wow," Moose and I say in unison.

"We're gonna help in the best way we can," I say to Jason.

"Yeah man, we always got your back," Moose says.

"Cool, now let's meet the members of the mob," Jason says and we pull up into a parking lot.

We enter the building and see people everywhere stretching and warming up.

"Hey Sean," Jason says to this tall guy with brown hair crossing his arms.

"Sup J, who are they?" Sean motions to Moose and me.

"These are the people who I brought to help with the art protest. This is Moose he can dance anywhere at any time, he was a part of the MSA crew that won The Streets 3 years in a row. He was in the house of the pirates with me and trust me, he can move."

"And this is Tessa, was on the MSA crew and helped lead them the win The Streets and was the one to convince Moose to keep dancing. She was also in the House of Pirates with me and believe me, she can do tricks and moves like nobody else.

"Alright cool, nice to meet you guys," Sean says. "Let me introduce you two to some of the members of the mob." Two guys and a girl walk up to us.

"This is Eddie, Tripp, and Olivia, guys this is Moose and Tessa, new people who are gonna help us with the art protest."

I greet them all with a smile and they smile back.

"Okay, guys let's get to work. We need this to go almost perfect if it's gonna work,"

***********3 days later*********

It was the day the dance is supposed to happen we get into our dance gear and get into our positions.

(What Tess was wearing.  Resend the red part in the top is black)
"Moose, what are you here? You're supposed to be on the complete other side of those crates over there?" I ask my boyfriend who is currently not where he is supposed to be.

"One I wanted to tell you how hot you looked, and two I wanted to do this,"

He pulls me by my arm and pulls me into an alluring kiss. I wrap my hands around his neck and  after a few more seconds I pull away.

"You need to get in your spot," I pant.

"Sure thing princess," Moose smirks and me and fixes his hat, and gets to where he is supposed to be.

After ten minutes the mayor starts his speech about some of the projects they are doing and Sean cuts him off.

"Ladies and gentlemen, for weeks you have been asking who's the Mob? The Mob is all of us." Sean's group starts walking out from the shipping containers in their black clothes making a cool entrance.

"The Mob is Miami, you take us down you take down Miami."

Then Sean's group starts to dance and me and some other girls wait for our cue.

The first group dances with bars in their hands and slides them on the concrete creating sparks that look amazing.

Then the music changes and that starts my cue to start dancing on top of one of the shipping containers with everybody else.

After doing our dance and ending the first part some dude 'falls' off the side of one of the containers, making everyone gasp. Then he pops back up because of the trampoline we put there when we set up.

The people clapped and cheered for that.

When that happens I discreetly climb down from my container and get to where the group of girls is hiding.

We watch as the guys do tricks on the trampoline making the crowd cheer.

One guy storms up to a police officer asking why he isn't doing anything. The police officer turns around and shoves a doughnut in the guy's mouth, revealing Robot guy and some Mob members dressed as police officers.

They start dancing in different formations which looks amazing and I cheered for them.

Their dance ends when our container opens up and grabs him inside making smoke come out.

Everyone goes silent and wonders what's happening.

Some hip-hop music starts and me and some girls run out to dance. One of the girls I was dancing with was Kido, I didn't learn that she was here until a few seconds ago.

The girls and I go out to dance perfectly. Then Me and Kido go to the front leading the group in the next part if the dance.

We finish our dance as our music skipped and we inmate the gunshots at the end of it. Then we run to the back as the next group comes forward to start dancing.

The group after us that comes out does a bunch of tricks and spins on their heads making the crowd shout.

Then the breakdancing group points to the guys at the top of a container budgie-like straps around their bodies for support as they run up and down the side of a shipping container.

The bungee part ends and my favorite part is about to begin. I look to the opposite side of the yard and see my boyfriend entering the scene doing a flip. He lands it as people with police shields that say 'The Mob' on them come up behind him.

Once they are in formation the music builds up and Moose jumps into the air. When the beat drops he lands on his knees and pops up dancing back towards the shields as they make a path for him.

He comes back forward and messes with his hat.

I just love watching him dance, he looks amazing and attractive while he does it.

Then some people behind him bend down and he steps on them walking upwards and drops behind a group in the back.

After his part ends everyone comes together for the final part and we kill it.

The music ends with Sean doing this flip thingy on the last beat. Once it ends we all jump up and give each other hugs.

We did it.

Then some dude walks up to us along with a girl.

"That's Mr. Anderson and his daughter that Sean is obsessed about," Jason whispers to me.

"Thanks for the info."

"Ah my boy," Moose walks up to him. "I'm Robert Alexander III, but you can call me Moose," Moose introduces himself.

He does the blow-up thing but Mr. Anderson looks so confused while he's doing it.

"I think it's pretty clear that this community has something to say to you. We are here to help them say it," Moose mentions to Me, Kido, and Robot guy.

"Look, Mr. Anderson, I know there is no way we can stop you from destroying our neighborhood," Sean starts. "But we wanted to show you what's being lost in the process."

Some bald guy walks up to Mr. Anderson "Sorry things didn't go as planned today sir," he apologizes.

"It's okay because the plan just changed. Maybe there is a way to build this neighborhood up without tearing it down. What do you say?" Mr. Anderson puts out his hand for Sean to take.

Sean steps away from the group and takes his hand and shakes it.

The Mob cheers and Mr. Anderson turns to look at Moose.

"Why Moose?" Mr. Anderson asks curiously.

I'm actually kinda curious too, why Moose as a nickname.

"I think the question you're gonna have to ask yourself is why not Moose?" Moose says to him with a wink.

Really Moose?

We laugh at Moose's comment and he wraps one of his hands around my waist.

"Really 'why not Moose,'" I say to him.

"He wanted an answer, that's the answer I gave,"

"But really why Moose, why not people just call you Rick or you could just go by your middle name?"

"You really want to know?" Mose asks me.

"Yeah."

"It's because, well why not?"

"I will hit you," I threaten

Moose laughs at my aggressiveness and pulls me in closer as we watch the Mob celebrate their neighborhood being kept up.

The next chapter is All In. I'm so excited to do this movie. Just a mini disclaimer, since a lot happens in this movie, it might take me a little longer to write most of it down and make this still a good story. Anyway just wanted to let you know.

Have an amazing day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 121 20
"I Just want to be part of your symphony" When the music club goes through yet another fight Jake gets banned from the club by Hailey's step-brother...
Band Aids By Sophie

Teen Fiction

219 1 25
Band aids were always a must have when we were kids. Whether it was the time you tripped while skipping rope, or fell off the monkey bars, or got int...
249 3 31
THE BAD BOY Before I met Gianna, I'd thought I was living life to the fullest, wild and carefree. Now that I had her in my life I understood what it...
2.1K 303 29
Spencer isn't the average seventeen year old girl. She is intelligent, sassy, stubborn, independent and beautiful ( she doesn't see it, for she is lo...