The Valkyrie (Rogue Cheney Lo...

By Silver-Tigress

18 year old Vivian Knight Hunter has been a member of the Fairy Tail guild for as long as she can remember. S... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
New Book!!
Author's Note!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49, Filler, Showdown! Vivian VS Erza!
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 3
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 3
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
The Final Chapter

Chapter 1

3.3K 36 1
By Silver-Tigress

Welcome to my new Rogue Love Story! I'm so excited for it and can't get it out of my head, so I've decided to start publishing The Valkyrie now.

Please don't forget to vote and comment and let me know what you guys think!

Above is Vivian—>

Vivian's P. O. V:

"Who is Sabertooth again?" Natsu questions as he leans against the bar counter, his head tilted to the side curiously, and a mug of fire in hand. Happy stands next to him, while I stand beside Gray in my work attire which consists of a red and white tunic with a metal breastplate underneath and a red skirt. I've got on my feet ankle length white boots and thigh high white and red socks. My long light chestnut brown hair is in a waterfall ponytail.

He and the other Tenrou team members disappeared for seven years when they were attacked by Acnologia. Now they've returned, alive and well, only they have stayed as young as when they've left.

Romeo responds, "They're incredibly strong—like majorly! They surpassed Blue Pegasus and Lamia Scale awhile back, so now they're the strongest wizard guild around."

Gray murmurs, "I've never heard of them till today."

I respond, "That's because seven years ago nobody had heard of them." Since I've heard of Sabertooth's behaviour, I made a point to avoid them at all costs. "It started once they got a new master. After he took over, five incredibly strong wizards joined, and that was all she wrote." Upon saying this, I hold up five fingers for emphasis.

Lucy breathes in surprise, "Wow! Five new members made that much of a difference?"

Natsu says eagerly, "Sounds like these guys have some serious guts!"

Wendy asks hopefully, "If they're the number 1 guild in Fiore, does that mean Fairy Tail's number 2?"

I give the bluenette an 'Are you kidding me?!' expression, as I scoff, "Yeah, you wish!"

Charlele says pointedly, arms crossed as she hovers beside the bluenette, "Wendy, would you look around you, child?"

"Huh?"

"We're dead last!" Romeo says.

Alzac puts his hand to his forehead as he mumbles, "They call us 'Whimpy Fail.'"

With the backs of her hands on her hips, Bisca mutters in annoyance, "You just had to ask, didn't you."

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Wendy quickly apologises.

Natsu, however, laughs, thinking this funny, "Wow! We're in last place?! That's perfect! This is going to be fun!"

"For who?" Gray questions.

Jumping to his feet, Natsu replies enthusiastically, "Just think about it, Gray! It's gonna be awesome, clawing our way back up to the top all over again! I can't wait!"

"Of course you can't," I say with my arms crossed below my large chest, about the same size Erza's is now.

Lucy laughs. Romeo says energetically, the backs of his hands on his hips, "There's just no keeping you down, is there?! I'm fired up now!"

Wendy chimes in, just as excitedly, "I am too!" She giggles. "I can't wait to show them what we've got!"

"Sorry to interrupt, but..." Cana says as she approaches them. "... have you seen Gildarts anywhere?" It turns out that she's the Ace of Fairy Tail's daughter.

Gray asks in a teasing tone, "What's the matter? Is wittle Cana starting to get lonely whenever daddy's not around?"

Glaring sharply, I nudge the ice wizard's side hard, causing him to utter an "Ow!"

"Way to go, Gray," I say with a pointed glance to Lucy. She'd just found out that her father had passed away sometime after Tenrou Island disappeared, and was saddened by the sudden news.

Gray realises what he'd just said and quickly apologises, glancing at the Heartfilia, "Oh! My bad!"

"It's okay! Seriously. Don't worry about it," Lucy says sincerely.

Gray rubs the back of his head in embarrassment.

Erza says as she enters the guild hall, "Gildarts and Master Makarov just left. They're going to visit the old guild hall." She's my idol and Requip Magic teacher since my mum died when I was six years old, my dad passing not a few months later. For the past two weeks, Erza has been training me in my Requip Magic like we used to.

I'm not nearly as powerful as she is, though I'm just as fast as Erza is at requipping.

"Hella-freakin-llujah! I'm going on a job before he even realises I'm gone," Cana cheers before she runs out of the guild hall.

                      🗡🗡🗡

The next day, Team Natsu, minus myself, realise how weak they were. Natsu has fought Max who had easily overpowered him. Until Natsu hit him with a Flame-Lightning Dragon Slayer attack and he'd won, much to mine and my teammates' surprise. I remain at the guild hall while the others went to see Porlyusica about getting a potion to help boost their magic power.

Everyone, minus the rest of Team Natsu gather in the guild hall before Master Makarov. He stands before them as he makes an announcement. I stand next to Erza.

"The time has come, kids. I've done all I can in service to this guild. Allow me to introduce Fairy Tail's next master."

"You're really stepping down?" Cana asks.

"I'm honoured, and I'll do my absolute best," Macao says as he tugs at his white jacket. He's been out fourth guild master since Gramps disappeared with the others seven years ago.

Wakaba hisses at him, "It ain't you, you dimwit!"

"Without further ado, the fifth master of Fairy Tail... Gildarts Clive!" Makarov holds out his hand to the person beside him. Everyone just stares in utter confusion when they don't see said S-class mage. Makarov gasps in shock when he turns his head to see Mirajane standing in Gildarts' place.

The white haired beauty beams at him.

"Where the hell is Gildarts?!" Makarov demands as he scurries up to Mira.

Mira replies as she hands him an envelope, "I'm not sure, but he left us a note."

Makarov takes the note and his face immediately becomes shocked as he reads the letter aloud, "To Makarov, and all of my Fairy Tail family, I'm sorry. Being master of the guild just ain't my style."

Bisca, Alzac, Asuka, Max, Juvia and Lisanna laugh at that. Asuka is Bisca and Alzac's daughter. She's so cute! She has long black hair in a braid and purple eyes.

"What?!" Makarov yells in disbelief.

"But! Since I have the rare opportunity to be in charge for a bit, there are two things I wanna get done. First, I hereby reinstate Laxus as a member of Fairy Tail."

No one looks as surprised as Laxus and the Thunder Legion at that. Laxus had been expelled seven years ago for putting not only the guild but everyone else in danger because he wanted to take over the place. We also found out he's the Lightning Dragon Slayer with a Dragon Slaying Lacrima sealed inside him by his own father.

I'd actually kind of missed the guy.

"He's got some kind of nerve!" Makarov hisses, glaring at the note. The Thunder Legion are ecstatic about Laxus returning to the guild. I smile at the Lightning Dragon Slayer, happy he's being reinstated, after what he did to them seven years ago.

Makarov mutters, "Hmmm... well, if that is the master's wish, then so be it." Lisanna giggles at that.

"And second, I hereby appoint Makarov Dreyar as Fairy Tail's sixth master."

"But I've just retired!" The short old man exclaims indignantly. Me and a few others break out into laughter.

"I guess you could say things have come full circle," Alzac remarks.

"It works for me," Bisca agrees.

"Old moustache man's in charge!" Asuka says cutely, pointing at the master.

"And that's a very good thing for us, sweetheart," Bisca murmurs, holding Asuka in her arms.

Makarov resumes reading the note, "It's time for me to hit the road again. But, don't worry! I'll come back around when the mood strikes me. Take care, everybody!"

Cana was given a note from Gildarts as well, who says she thinks he might be being selfish, and that she's probably right. He gave her a Calling Card should she ever need him. However, Cana rips the card in half, much to her teammates' surprise.

"Are you freaking kidding me?!" Cana exclaims.

"Cana!" I gasp in surprise as Erza's brown eyes widen.

"I told you: I'm just fine with the way things were, you deadbeat dad!"

"Fairy Tail will always be my true home; that will never change," Makarov continues reading. "And I believe with all my heart that we'll be the number 1 guild in Fiore by the time I return. But getting us back on top isn't my responsibility. It's up to you guys. Makarov! That will be your final task as master. I'm counting on you to bring Fairy Tail back to its former glory."

"What does that lumbering fool mean, "my final task"?! After the stunt he pulled, I'll never let anyone else be master!" Makarov yells in frustration, thrusting his fists in the air. "I'll be this damn guild's master till the day I die! Somebody pour me a drink; that's an order!"

Mira replies as she giggles, "Well, of course, Sir!"

As Makarov takes a swig from his alcohol, Gildarts' words float through his mind, "And, Master, I won't tell anyone about what's down in the basement. You have my word."

"You better not, bonehead," Makarov grumbles under his breath.

"Gildarts is out of his mind! He thinks we can be Fiore's number 1 guild?" Warren asks dubiously, as I remain standing next to Erza.

"It's gonna take a miracle to make something like that happen," Max mutters.

"I don't think it's impossible," I say.

Erza nods her head in agreement as she adds, "Besides, we should rise to the challenge."

Warren says as he glances at them, "That's a pretty tall order."

"Yeah. Things are different these days," Max states.

Alzac says, "Sabertooth would be tough to beat."

Bisca adds, holding Asuka in her arms, "Not to mention that even the Lamia Scale and Blue Pegusas guilds have gotten way more powerful in the past seven years."

Asuka inputs, "All of them are super awesome."

Veejiter mutters, his arms crossed, "We are a lot better now that we have some of our major players back in action."

Laki inputs, "But the fact of the matter is that you guys are still seven years behind everyone else."

Levy looks disappointed in that.

Macao says, sitting at the bar, "You've gotta admit, that's a pretty substantial training gap."

Wakaba adds, "Whether you're talking about an individual's strength or even the guilds' overall power, we still have a long way to go."

Erza says, "I see your point. It seems it'll take a good amount of time and training to reclaim our standing."

Romeo exclaims as he jumps on the tabletop behind her, "I've been waiting for you guys for seven whole years! I'm sick and tired of waiting for something to happen!"

"Romeo!" Macao says warningly.

Romeo ignores them both as he declares eagerly, "There's totally a way for us to be number 1 again! You all know what it is!"

Everyone who knew about it was startle by this, and starts protesting against the idea.

"No! Didn't I tell you we would never take part in that thing again?" Macao demands as he jumps to his feet.

"And what might this "thing" be, Fourth Master?" Makarov asks, his arms crossed over his chest.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't call me that, sixth master!" Macao snaps back.

Romeo proclaims determinedly, "We're gonna do it this time! You're not the master anymore, dad!"

"Well, neither are you, you little rugrat I absolutely forbid it! We're never gonna get involved with that thing again, you hear!"

The doors swing open and Team Natsu walk in. "Yo, guys! We're home!" Natsu greets.

I ask, "Hey! So, how did it go? Did you guys pick up anything worthwhile?"

Lucy responds, "Well, Wendy sure did." Wendy laughs happily, hugging a book to her chest.

Romeo shouts, glaring at Macao, "You don't make the rules anymore, so get over it! It's up to Makarov!"

Macao points his thumb at himself as he shouts back, "I'm expressing myself as a member of the guild!"

Gray asks as he steps forward, wearing only his black boxers, "What's all the fuss about this time?"

Charlele sighs from Gray's other side, "Seems like typical teenage rebellion to me. Clothing, Gray!" Charlele sighs as she glances at him while crossing her arms. I blush when I also notice the ice mage is only in his boxers.

Macao addresses the guild, "Those of you with me, say I!"

"I!" Everyone echoes, except for me, as I've never once competed in it. But I have heard about it from my guild mates who have.

"I don't ever wanna go through that crap again!" Alzac mutters.

"That has got to be the most embarrassing thing in the world," Says Bisca. Even Asuka has her hand up in agreement.

"But we got the Tenrou team with us this time! Natsu and Erza and all those guys. There's no way we're gonna lose with them on our side!" Romeo points out.

Warren states, "Haven't you been pasting attention? They've all missed out on seven years of training." Levy once more looks disappointed.

With a hand on his hip, Natsu asks as he steps forward, "So, what exactly are we talking about doing or not doing here, anyway?"

Romeo replies as he turns to the pinkette, "While you guys were all stuck on Tenrou Island, a tournament was started to determine Fiore's number 1 guild."

Happy jumps around excitedly. "Oooh!"

"Sounds like a whole lot of fun to me!" Natsu says.

I explain, "Guilds from all over the country face off against each other in magic events. They call it The Grand Magic Games."

"Oh, yeah!" Natsu cheers excitedly.

"That sounds totally amazing," Lucy agrees.

Wendy chimes, "Yeah. I'd love to play some games!"

Gray asks, a hand on his hip, "So, it's more like a magic festival?"

I nod my head. "Yeah. From what I've heard. Though, I haven't been."

Gray looks surprised by this. He asks me, "Why haven't you competed?"

I say, "Because I went on jobs to help the guild instead."

"Oh."

With her hands on her hips, Erza says, "I understand. Sabertooth is known as the top guild in Fiore these days because they won the last go round."

"That's right," I say. "But if we can beat them and win the games this time, we'll be number 1 instead."

The whole Tenrou team says in unison, "Oooh!"

"That would be nice," Makarov says, a hand on his chin thoughtfully, "but I'm not entirely convinced we could win, given our current state of disarray."

Macao says as he turns to his son, "That's my point exactly!"

I add, smirking, my arms crossed below my large chest, "Yeah, but if we do win, the guild will get, like, 30, 000, 000 Jewell in prize money." She knew all too well that the Master will fall for that.

"We're in!" Makarov exclaims, as I had expected.

"Seriously?!" Macao exclaims in shock.

"Figures," I mutter, but I smile a little at that, knowing that Master would've agreed the moment he heard that.

"But, Master! It's gonna be really hard!" Droy says.

Warren states, "There are tons of powerful guilds that compete each year!"

Jet says with his arms crossed, "And, don't forget that we've come in dead freaking last every single time we've entered."

Elfman utters disappointedly, "That is just pitiful!"

Makarov says enthusiastically, as he punches the air, "Well, then, this year we'll just have to beat all those other guild to a pulp!"

Natsu says excitedly as he rests one leg on a table while his fist is enveloped in flame, "Sabertooth thinks they're hot stuff?! We'll just see about that!"

Jet mutters in annoyance, frowning at the pinkette, "Put a cork in it."

Natsu gets off the table and faces me and Romeo, asking, "So, when does this thing go down, anyway?"

Romeo responds, "It kicks off in three months!"

Natsu punches his non-flaming palm, grinning eagerly, "That's plenty of time! But we have to start training A. S. A. P! We'll put Fairy Tail back on top, and nobody's gonna get in our way!"

Everyone shouts their own agreement.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 87 39
17 year old Reina Evans Walker returns from a year long mission to find that Fairy Tail has a new member named Lucy, but that not much else has chang...
3.5K 44 14
Time period: After Grand Magic Games Further stories (from the anime or manga) updated after is not tied to this fanfic. Note: I don't own Fairy Tai...
108K 1.8K 13
(Y/N) (L/N) a very mysterious girl. She is a Fairy Tail member, but not just any Fairy Tail member, no she's a triple S-Class wizard, a Shadow God Sl...
67.8K 1.7K 37
A girl. Lost. Abandoned. By two dragons. Her Mother and Father. She's a puppet. His puppet. Emotionless. A puppet without her strings that connect h...