After Journeys End: A Royai F...

By IngeniumVatum

After the battle on the Promised Day, Fuhrer Grummand realizes what needs to be done. Colonel Roy Mustang and... More

The First Day of a New Life
Confessions
First Fight
Gone
Dork
You Win Some, You Lose Some
Mission Begin
Convincing
Oops
Fuhrer Grummand
Revealing
Nightmares
Rebecca
The Meeting
The Train
New Book

Finally

3.2K 100 50
By IngeniumVatum

A/N: Hope you enjoy this chapter! It'll be longer than the last one :) hopefully it won't be too boring.

Don't forget to comment! I love getting feedback! I honestly don't care about votes, as long as I know you guys like what I'm doing.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Roy's P.O.V.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Knock knock knock*

I heard the door open after a few knocks.

"Mustang? You awake?"

I sat up, hearing the familiar voice.

"Hey, Breda. Is there a problem?" I asked, out of habit.

"No, but...there's someone here to see you," he replied.

"Oh?" I asked, excited that it was who I thought it would be. "Who is it?"

"One minute, I'll get him." I heard the door shut.

Riza had left a while ago to take some tests; she was still feeling a lot of pain in her neck, even though she tried to hide it. It hurt to know that she was in pain, especially when it was my-

No, Roy! You can't think like that. It's not your fault she was hurt, it's not your fault you couldn't save her. Riza wouldn't want you to think like that, and she doesn't blame you, either.

But... it was my fault for letting it show that I cared for her in front of the enemy. If they hadn't known, she wouldn't have-

The door suddenly opened again and I banished all thoughts of her from my mind.

"Mustang, I'm back, and I brought a friend..."

"Mustang!" I heard another familiar voice say.

"Havoc!" I said, sitting up in bed. I was glad it was him, and I was anxious to get him walking again.

I heard the door close, and then what must have been his wheelchair-I cringed at the thought-coming toward me. I felt a hand on my shoulder as he spoke.

"Colonel-"

"I'm not a colonel anymore, I'm a general."

He laughed.

"General," he said, obviously smiling (I could hear it in his voice), "I heard about the sacrifice you made so I could walk again, and I am forever grateful."

I scoffed. "It's not that big of a deal. What's a few days of not being able to see, when one of my closest comrades is unable to walk? Priorities, Havoc."

I was surprised when he pulled me in for a hug. "Thanks, Mustang," he said. I hugged him back for a second before he whispered into my ear, "So have you made a move on Hawkeye yet?"

I pulled back, shocked that he would speak to me like that, or that he would even have known about my feelings for her.

"Excuse me?" I asked quietly, but sternly.

Suddenly, he burst out laughing. "AHAHAHAHA! You should have seen the look on your face! Priceless! And you're blushing, ahahaha! I was kidding, man. Unless...."

I shook my head fiercely. "No!" I shouted, a little too quickly.

"Ahh, don't worry, man. Just messing with you. Don't worry, Breda left. You don't have to worry about being embarrassed or anything. Besides, I've seen the way you look at her. I'm surprised they let the two of you share a room."

"Havoc. Stop. Hawkeye is my comrade."

"Okay, sorry man," he said, still laughing a little. "So. How you been holding up? I heard you can't see, so that's gotta be hard."

"Yeah," I replied. I was still shaken from what he said, but I tried not to show it. "That's why we gotta get you back up and running soon," I said with a smirk. "So I can see you walking again...both of those things seem impossible now, but I have faith in Doctor Marcoh."

"Speaking of the Doc, where is he?" Havoc asked.

"He should still be around," I said. "I think he's been helping out with the other patients," I mused. "You can ask a nurse about it later."

"Alright. Let's do it in here, so you and Riza can be here," he said. "Speaking of her...where is Hawkeye," he asked.

"She's getting some tests done. She aggravated her neck injury, so she's in a lot of pain."

"Oh...I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe I can come back later to check up on her?"

"Yeah," I said. "She should be done in an hour or two."

"Alright. I'll see ya then," he said, and I heard the door open. "Bye, Roy."

"Bye, Jean," I replied, and the door shut after him.

============

*le time skip*

Riza's P.O.V.

____________

When I woke up, I was back in my room, in my bed. My neck was numb, probably from the anesthetics and tests.

I looked over to Roy's bed, and he wasn't there. Worry rumbled in my stomach, even though I was sure he was fine.

There was no use worrying about the Flame Alchemist, even if he was blind and injured.

The Flame Alchemist...I began to ponder what life with him could be like...

*Into the darkness of Riza's imagination*

I woke to the smell of breakfast being made. I got up and walked into the kitchen, where my handsome husband was cooking some bacon, eggs, and pancakes. I watched as he used his fire to cook them, instead of even turning on the stove. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist, leaning my head on his back.

He stiffened, then whirled around and hugged me back. He held me close to his chest, and it was so warm...so warm...like...fire?

I yelped as I realized the food was on fire. He turned around and cursed, putting out the fire quickly. I stepped to be next to him and smiled down at the burned food.

I started laughing, and so did he. He picked me up by the waist and twirled me around. Then, he set me down, and kissed me softly. He whispered,

"Hawkeye, I'm back. Are you awake yet?"

I was jolted from my silly, uncharacteristic daydream as I saw him walk into the room, accompanied by a nurse.

I smiled, and answered, "I'm up, Mustang. You took a walk?"

"Yeah."

"Hm," I mumbled, still blushing from my unrealistic imagination.

The nurse helped him lay down, and said, "I'll get the people you asked for, Roy." Then she left.

"The people you asked for?" I asked.

"Yeah. Havoc arrived today, so we're gonna get him healed up as soon as possible."

"And that means you will be healed, too?" I asked.

"I suppose," he answered.

"Good."

We were both silent for a moment, as I thought about the nurse.

"That nurse...did she call you Roy? I thought they all called you Mister Mustang?"

He chuckled. "Jealous? Ah, I'm just kidding. Nah, they changed their policies, the staff are to call patients by their first names. After all, it's a lot easier to associate first names with faces, and there are so many patients."

"Okay," I answered, secretly glad he wasn't actually trying to act like a playboy with another nurse again.

Suddenly, I remembered the plan I had come up with to get back at Roy for his little stunt he pulled yesterday.

"Hey, Roy..." I smirked.

"Yeah?" Here goes nothing.

"Wanna go on a walk? Like a real one, around the hospital, with a guard maybe?"

He smiled. "I'd love to, but what if people start to think things?"

I pretended to be thinking that over, even though I had all my responses already planned. "Well, for starters, we shouldn't act that way," I said, pretending to be making a joke.

"Duh, of course not. But..."

"Oh, come on, it'll be a one-time thing," I pleaded.

"Fine," he said, swinging his legs over the side of the bed. "But only because I love you," he ended.

I couldn't help but blush whenever he said that. He seemed to reiterate that he felt that way quite often.

"Hey, Roy...why do you always say that?"

"Because it's true. I. Love. You."

"Yeah, but...why do you say it constantly?"

He sighed. "Because after this, there will not be nearly enough chances for me to remind you. We'll be around people most of the time, and so I'm making up for it now by telling you that I am utterly in love with you."

That made me blush again, and his answer satisfied me. "Thank you, Roy. I love you, too," I said quietly. He smiled at that.

I stood up abruptly. "Now, I'm going to go ask Ross if she'll escort us."

"Good idea," he said. "Since she brought me to get you after...that happened...she'll be the person we can trust the most."

"Yeah," I replied, but before I could open the door, I remembered something.

"Umm....wait...weren't Doctor Marcoh and Havoc and the others supposed to be coming?" I mentally facepalmed. I suppose my brilliant plan would have to wait.

"Oh yeah...duh... Ha. We're such losers. I totally forgot about that. Guess we'll have to take a rain check. Oh well."

I sat back down on my bed. Well. This was awkward.

That was, until the door opened.

"Mustang. Hawkeye."

************************

A/N: Cliffhanger!!

What's going to happen? Are you excited that Havoc is back?

Find out next chapter!

Don't forget to comment and review!

Also, can you tell me if the beginning is cut off? Wattpad is being confusing on my computer right now and it seems like it's starting in the middle of a sentence?

-IngeniumVatum

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58 0 10
Winry, a naive and young girl, is locked up by her overly protective mother. Her wish to escape into the world outside finally comes true when she me...
7.8K 148 24
Amy Elric is Edward's twin sister. When they tried to bring back their mother, she lost one of her legs. As Edward and Alphonse went around the count...
2.7K 51 11
It's been almost a year since Aileana moved back to Central with her husband Roy Mustang, but all is not well. The Homunculi are making their move an...
9.7K 264 20
Every time Roy sees Ed he starts to blush. Then he starts to tease him until one day full metal challenges him to a duel but he gets mad when roy doe...