𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗞𝗘 [ UNDER HEAVY REVI...

By thinkaboutmina

COMPLETED ✓ stay awake twice adaption. Pics from Pinterest. CTTRO - dave_anglc More

AWAKE : ONE
AWAKE : TWO
AWAKE : THREE
AWAKE : FOUR
AWAKE : FIVE
AWAKE : SIX
AWAKE : SEVEN
AWAKE : EIGHT
AWAKE : NINE
AWAKE : TEN
AWAKE : ELEVEN
AWAKE : TWELVE
AWAKE : THIRTEEN
AWAKE : FOURTEEN
AWAKE : FIFTEEN
AWAKE : SIXTEEN
AWAKE : SEVENTEEN
AWAKE : EIGHTEEN
AWAKE : NINETEEN
AWAKE : TWENTY
AWAKE : TWENTY ONE
AWAKE : TWENTY THREE
AWAKE : TWENTY FOUR

AWAKE : TWENTY TWO

2.1K 173 28
By thinkaboutmina

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

The suffocating darkness made it nearly impossible to see.

The deafening silence was broken only by the soft thud of our footsteps. The lack of human activity in the morning had been unsettling, but at night, it was terrifying.

The cold night air bit at our skin, sending chills and uncontrollable shudders down our spines. Thankfully, Jihyo held onto my arm, radiating a comforting warmth that defied the ruthless cold.

Occasionally, we hear a dog's howl, making us even more scared than we already are. I know that they're prowling the streets now and looking for unfortunate victims The thought terrified me – we could easily become their prey if we didn't find shelter soon.

Earlier, we were unlucky enough to be stuck in the middle of the road with our useless car. The night sky is void of any stars, and it's a sign that the rain is going to pour down anytime soon. We really need to find a shelter.

We walked in silence, not daring to speak for fear of attracting unwanted attention. Yet, a strange sense of comfort came from being together.

We carried nothing but backpacks filled with supplies hastily grabbed from the mall what felt like ages ago. So much had already happened, and all I craved was to flop down on a warm bed and drift off to sleep.

And I think it will happen right now. After a few minutes of walking in the middle of nowhere with only a lighter to lead the way, we finally found a place to stay. It seems like the odds are in our favor now.

Finally.

The place we found is a vulcanizing shop and a small store. I almost jumped for joy when the light from Tzuyu's lighter reflected the name of the establishment.

Beb's Vulcanizing Shop and Little Store.

God bless you, Aling bebs.

It wasn't much, but in the desolate landscape, it felt like a gift from heaven.

The moment we stepped inside, heavy raindrops began to pelt the ground. We were incredibly lucky to have stumbled upon this glorious...

Fine, I'm just exaggerating, maybe not glorious. But if you ever find yourself lost in the middle of nowhere with only a lighter to guide you, any place that offers refuge feels like paradise.

The store was about the size of a high school classroom. A single bed sat in the corner, a small fan whirred in the background, and a drawer likely held clothes. But the real treasure wasn't the furniture.

There was food. Boxes of it.

These foods are probably on sale. Canned goods are mostly the ones we have right now, and if the three months Irene said are true, I think we can still eat them.

Just to make sure, I inspected it, upon inspection, a can of food with an expiration date two years from now sent a jolt of joy through me.

a week's worth of provisions!

We dropped our bags and began unpacking the canned goods. We also found three packs of candles, a box of lighters, and plenty of bottled water.

Our situation was definitely improving.

We lit up the candle and opened some spam. We used the plastic spoons we found to eat.

Spam wasn't exactly a delicacy, but hunger gnawed at me, and I practically moaned in pleasure with each bite.

We ate in silence as the rain continued its relentless assault outside.

After a moment, Dahyun blurted out, "Do you think those weird malfunctions with electronics are just temporary?"

"I'm not sure," Mina replied. "But I read somewhere that the effects of an EMP can be permanent."

"I hope not," I chimed in. "If this mysterious syndrome ever ends, I still want to use my phone."

"Me too," Irene agrees.

As I finished my can of spam, I asked her, "Can you tell us how your dad found out about those... aliens?" Even now, the idea boggled my mind.

"My dad's a scientist," Irene began. "Ever since I was a child, he's been obsessed with outer space."

"How did he get involved with the government?" I pressed.

She finished her food before answering us. We wait patiently for her next words.

"He got a call from the president's office five years ago," she explained. "Back then, I didn't know what it was about. All I know is he left immediately after the call. He didn't come home for two weeks. Even my mom didn't know what was happening. He just said he had important work that needed to be done."

"After that, I noticed a change in his behavior. He locked himself in his room constantly, reading documents. I was only twelve, so I didn't pay much attention. But I do remember my parents fighting a lot. Then, one day, they got divorced." she clears her throat, attempting to mask her emotions. But it's useless because I heard her voice break.

Taking a deep breath, she continued, "Mom left me in Dad's care. My life became quieter with him, to be honest. Even though his obsession with those extra terrestrial beings became strong, he never neglected me. Aside from being a scientist, he managed to build the Blue Moon club, and that's where we get an extra income."

"Woah," Tzuyu suddenly said. We all look at her, laughing silently. She looks like a dog who's looking at her owner with amazement. "So, you're the owner of the B.M."

Irene nods. "Yes. That's where my career being a singer started."

"That's so cool." Chaeyoung's eyes are sparkling, and I almost laugh at the sight of her, when something suddenly crosses my mind.

It's possible...?

"Irene," I say. "Can you describe what your Dad looks like? Like his physical appearance?"

Irene looks at me skeptically. "Why?"

I was about to say something when she suddenly spoke.

"Nevermind. I have his picture." she fishes out her wallet from her pocket, then she pass it to me. "There it is."

I open her wallet. At first, my gaze lands on her graduation picture. Then beside it is the picture of her Dad.

Mother freaking carabao.

"What is it?" Irene asks.

Her Dad... he's the middle-aged man I fought in the Blue Moon when the mysterious syndrome hit in this world.

And.....I can now remember the reason why we fought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 20.8K 44
Min Y/n a girl who is a human, got a invitation to Friar Academy where magic exists. what will happen to her? let us follow her fantastic journey in...
59K 2.7K 54
Aryan the silent, charming and caring boy was the neighbour of Silly girl Rose who was always busy day dreaming about him. But the daydreaming of Ro...
243K 9.5K 31
What will happen if Myoui Mina, the head of Surgical department takes an interest on you? || Myoui Mina × fem! reader||
24K 1.2K 19
Will the heart won't forget even if you have amnesia? [Nayeon, Mina x Female Reader]