Clash of Worlds

By and12winter

A portal between Earth and a fantasy world is discovered near a small town in Central Italy. Ho... More

Lomor Empire and royal family bio.
Kharn continent and other characters bio
Chapter 1: Lost in Another World
Chapter 2:The Portal
Chapter 3: The Contact
Italy bio
Chapter 4: The Team
Chapter 5: The Adventurers' Guild
Chapter 6: Two Worlds Finally Meet
Chapter 7: Cultural Exchange
Chapter 8: Castir
Chapter 9: The Academy of Magic Part 1
Chapter 10: The Academy of Magic part 2
Chapter 11: The Academy of Magic Part 3
Chapter 12: Meeting with The Lord
Chapter 13: The Emperor
Chapter 14: Diplomacy
Chapter 15: History is Being Made
Chapter 16: Visiting Earth
Chapter 17: Rome, The Città Eterna .
Chapter 18: Learning Earth's History Part 1.
Chapter 19: Learning Earth's History Part 2
Chapter 21: Reactions
Chapter 22: Lomor's History
Chapter 23: Going to America
Announcement
Chapter 24: The Big Apple
Chapter 25: The UN Meeting Part 1
Chapter 26: The UN Meeting Part 2
Chapter 27: Going Back Home.
Chapter 28: Family Meeting
Chapter 29: The Embassy
Chapter 30: The Nature of Magic
Chapter 31: The Meeting Starts
Chapter 32: Politics and Fairies
Chapter 33: The Embassy Battle Part 1
Chapter 34: The Embassy Battle Part 2
Chapter 35: The Embassy Battle Part 3
Chapter 36: The Aftermath of The Battle.
Chapter 37: War and Peace
Chapter 38: Magic VS Tanks
Chapter 39: Italy Goes to War
Chapter 40: Warriors of The World
Chapter 41: The Coup
Chapter 42: The Battle of Selos Forest.
Chapter 43: The Solat Alliance Attacks
Chapter 44: Echoes From A Distant Past
Chapter 45: The Ambush
Chapter 46: A New Era
Chapter 47: Infitrating the Academy + Politcs and Stuff
Chapter 48: The Siege of Castir Part 1.
Chapter 49: The Siege of Castir Part 2
Chapter 50: The Siege of Castir Part 3
Chapter 51: The Siege of Castir Part 4 (The End)
Chapter 52: Hunting the Demon Lord
Chapter 53: Secrets of The Past
Chapter 54: Planning the Next Moves
Chapter 55: Fortunate Son
Chapter 56: Defeating The Alliance
Chapter 57: Operation Fallen Angel
Chapter 58: The Final Battle Begins
Chapter 59: The Demon Lord's Stratagem
Chapter 60: Coppelli's Resolve.
Chapter 61: Battle Aganist the Demon Lord Part 1
Chapter 62: Battle Aganist the Demon Lord Part 2

Chapter 20: Learning Earth's History Part 3

1.7K 35 27
By and12winter

University "La Sapienza". 11 december 2026.

"General Napoleon Bonaparte rose to power in the beginning of the 19th century and founded a revolutionary empire." Explained Sandro.

"The revolution first brought a costitutional monarchy, then a republic and in the end an empire".

"Despite being an emperor, Napoleon chosed generals basing on meritocracy and not by their noble birth."

"He was a military genius and after conquering almost all of Europe he tried to invade Russia but then winter came..."

"In the end he was defeat at Waterloo and exiled but the ideas of the French Revolution were too widespread to be destroyed..."

"Many countries were forced to concede constitutions and feudalism was definitely extinct."

"In the second part of the 19th century nationalism became widespread and the Germany and Italy were unified after being divided for too long."

"Germany was unified by Prussia and Italy by the kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont."

"In 1860 AD Giuseppe Garibaldi with 1000 volunters arrived in Sicily and then he enlarged his army with more volunters."

"He joined forces with the Sardinia-Piedmont kingdom and in the year 1861 AD Italy was born as a costitutional monarchy."

"In the meantime in the USA a civil war was going on between the South and the North because the first wanted slavery to be accepted but the latter rejected it."

"The Union (the north) won and slavery was banned in the USA but racism continued in the south towards black people till the 1960's."

"Black people in America came from Africa and were brought there as slaves by the british back then."

"The second part of the 19th century also saw great innovations and electricity and a vehicle called train became widespread."

"During that time the asian nation of Japan also rose the power after being isolated in a feudal state."

"So we have reached the beginning 20th century where airplane and car became common."

Then Sandro showed the lomorians a picture of brothers Wright's first plane and of Ford's model T car.

"Amazing! You have machines that can fly. We will go to America with a thing like that?" Asked Valentinia.

"Yes, but obviously the one that we will use is more advanced." Said Giovanni.

"We usually use dragons, gryphons and wyverns to fly but it's not easy to fly them." Said Valentinia.

"I would die to ride one of them." Said Giovanni.

"Anyways, let's continue the lesson. Shall we?" Said Sandro.

"We have arrived to the year 1914 AD where tensions between european powers were very high that anything could start a war."

"In this year the heir of the Austrian Empire that at that time was called Austria-Hungary died by the hands of a serbian nationalist and that caused a war that brought two alliance to fight: the Central Powers and the Triple Entente."

"The Central Powers Alliance was composed by Austria, Germany and the Ottoman Empire while the Triple Entente was composed by Russia, France and the United Kingdom."

"Italy also joined the war in 1915 AD in the Entente side in order to recover some italian territories that were still in austrian hands."

"We call this war World War 1 or the Great War and many new weapons came to the battlefield like the tank, the submarine and the airplane."

"Trenches were build and both sides fought a very long and tiring war."

"Now you will se a clip about WW1."

The lomorians were horrified at the sight of the clip even though it was just a movie.

"In the end the Central Powers lost and the war ended after 10 millions deaths and Germany, in particular, was humiliated because it was blamed for everything."

"In the year 1919 AD a peace was signed at Versailles and Europe celebrated a peace that would not last for much long."

"After WW1 women also were given the right to vote in many countries because they worked in the factories while men were fighting and the world recognized that."

"Meanwhile, in Russia communism became the ruler after a revolution." Said Sandro.

"What is communism?" Asked the princess.

"It's a political movement that is based on socialism, another movement created by Karl Marx, and that wants to nationalize all the means of production in order to give power to the peasants and to the workers." Explained the historian.

"It was born because of the industrial revolution that saw many worker being exploited by their owners, "the capitalists"."

The lomorians nobles discovered another dangerous idea that could be harmful for their power.

"In the year 1922 AD the Soviet Union was created in Russia and a man called Stalin rose to power there."

"In the year 1929 AD we had a great economic crisis and 10 years later Europe was going to war again..."

"In Germany Adolf Hitler rose to power along with Benito Mussolini in Italy."

"They were dictators that had nationalistic ideas and formed an alliance with the nation of Japan that was ruled by a fanatical emperor (the Axis)."

"In the end, in the year 1939 AD Hitler invaded Poland, starting the Second World War, using the "blitzkrieg", a military strategy that involved the massive use of tanks and airplane to quickly hit the enemy."

"He later invaded France and then the Soviet Union."

"In the year 1941 AD Japan launched a surprise attack at the US Pearl Harbor's naval base and went to war with the Axis."

"With time Hitler started to loose and in 1944 AD the USA launched the "Operation Overlord" and stormed the beaches of France."

"We will show now a clip of this invasion from a movie."

"Germany surrendered in the year 1945 AD when the russians reached their capital, Berlin, and during the advance something awful was discovered..."

Sandro then started showing pictures of the concentration camps where jews were killed.

"Hitler believed in a racial supremacy of the "Arian Race" and hated jews so he killed them in the holocaust with 6 millions deaths."

At this explaination the lomorians were horrified. Yes, they weren't innocent and they had commited some war crimes like everyone in their world but that was too much. Even the stoic Lord Selfrud was disgusted.

"However, Japan didn't want to surrender and so the USA launched the most powerful weapon in human history, the nuclear bomb." Explained Sandro.

"In august 1945 AD the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed by two nuclear bombs."

Then Sandro showed them this picture:

(image not mine)

"It's in black and white because colored camers weren't invented yet." Added Sandro.

Valentinia then remembered what she heard in the news before and knew that she would soon have known what a nuclear bomb was.

"A nuclear bomb uses the power of the atoms, what the matter is made of, to release a powerful explosion that is as hot as the sun." Explained Giovanni.

"It also releases dangerous radiations that are letal even after many years." He continued explaining.

"Japan surrendered and later even the Soviet Union had its own nuclear bomb: the Cold War began." Said the historian.

"After WW2 Italy became a republic with a popular vote in the 2 june 1946 AD and the UN and the NATO were born."

"The Un, as you already know, wants to prevent another war like that that caused 60 millions deaths while NATO is a defensive alliance lead by the US that was created to fight to soviet block and that exists today despite the fall of the USSR and Italy is a part of it."

"In fact, the Cold War was never a real war because both sides could destroy each other and the entire human race with nuclear weapons."

"They even have the power to destroy their own world... I am scared of them." Tought Valentinia.

"The Cold War saw some local wars between the USSR and the USA that never arrived with direct confrontation like the vietnam one and the korean one."

"We also competed with them in the "space race" and the USA won the race reaching the moon in the year 1969 AD."

So the italians showed this photo to the lomorians awing them:

(photo not mine)

"Before going forward, one important thing of the Cold War is the end of colonialism in Africa that began in the 19th century and many african countries (and even asian countries like India with the pacifism of Gandhi) became indipendent."

"The soviet union fell in the year 1991 AD because of politcal and economic crisis."

"So the USA today stays the sole world's superpower even tought Russia is still very strong along with Communist China."

"Yes, China became communist after WW2, even thought they have a capitalist economy, and the Chinese Empire was already collapsed at the start of the 20th century."

"We are now entering in the current century, the 21th, that saw the spread of the Internet, a method that allow the spread of informations in fast way thanks to computing machines called "computers"."

"The special effects in the movies you saw some clips of are made with computers and these images I am showing you are stored in the memory of one of them."

"This world both scares and amazes me now." Thought Valentinia.

"In 2001 AD an islamic terrorist organization crashed two hijacked airplanes in the Twin Towers in New York and that marked the beginning of the war on terrorism."

"In the year 2020 AD we had the last big plague: the Covid- 19 pandemic and in the year 2022 one of the latest european war: the 2022 AD russian invasion of Ukraine."

"Despite all that, WW3 didn't happen yet and we hope that things stay like that for a very long time."

*It's done! I always wanted a fantasy world reaction to Earth's history and I was inspired by the Gate fanfiction "Operation Marteau de Justice". I hope that I didn't bore you *

*In the next chapter we will see some reaction of the lomorians and I will have tell telling their world's history too.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 307 14
In the year 2026, our world will never be the same again. A mysterious portal was opened on the coast of Manila, Philippines. The world on the other...
36.1K 1.1K 22
Inspired by stories like Summoning America and GATE, this is an original work that takes place in a completly original world with a unique and fleshe...
96 0 2
PLOT OF THE FANDOM : "Year 2049, 5 year since the war between the Dummies vs Noobs started, thing haven't move better or worst, from those dust, in a...
153K 3.9K 54
Amidst escalating Chinese aggression in the Pacific, Japan and the United States maintained their strong alliance, fully aware of the looming possibi...