Shifting to the Witcher,

By caitlvsthor

I am shifting for Geralt. I'm not the best writer but I wanted to share incase anyone needed motivation or wa... More

How me and Geralt Met
Scared?
Let's Get this Bread

My First Night

60 1 0
By caitlvsthor

Authors note

Thanks for clicking on. This is my first published thing so it will probably get better as I go.

The dialogue will be written with speak indicated by font so here is a key if you get confused

Kaia - Is my DR self and my speech looks like "this"

Geralt - his speech looks like "this"

Jaskier - their speech looks like "this"

Yennefer - her speech looks like "this"

hope this makes sense and enjoy!

--------------------------------

I meet Jaskier on my first conscious night. I became aware in my room in the inn. It was dark expect a flickering candle and a beam of light from the shuttered window. The bed was hard and the blankets were thin. As soon as my mind stopped racing, I felt the things around me to prove it was real. I made my way out of bed and realised I was shorter and thinner then in my OR. I was wearing a knee length chemise. After making my way to a small mirror by the candle I saw a myself. It was strange because I recognised myself but at the same time I didn't my face shape had not changed much it was slimmer and my freckles were gone. I had long lilac hair which framed my face, two pointed ears stuck slightly out of my hair. My face had two purple eyes along with deep purple eyebrows and eyelashes. 

I thought I looked beautiful and had a quick cry before putting on the necklace I scripted. It lay on the counter beside the mirror. It was a purple stone wrapped with silver wire to create a beautiful cage for the gem. Once I wore it I looked the same as before but with black hair, human ears and the same purple eyes.

My leather bag had many beautiful dresses and shirts packed inside. I picked a plain blue dress with brown boots. It was my first night after all and I didn't want to draw unnecessary attention if I didn't have to. I through the cloak over my shoulders and willed myself to leave the room. The door was heavy and held together with iron nails. I swung it open with ease and saw a short corridors filled with the same doors. 

The sound of laughter and soft fiddle notes told me where the bar was and I slowly made my way forward. The tavern was bathed in candlelight and music. The beaten and cracked tables housed men arguing, couples holding each other after a long day and a familiar bard. I walked quickly to the bar realising I was unprepared to see him. I ordered an ale and knew how much to pay automatically which was a relief. I found a small table hidden in the corner and settled in for the show I had been waiting to see for months. As I drank I tried to think about my past and what would take place over the next few days.

I am on the run from Nilfguard, I have a high amount of elderblood in my system hence the purple hair. They want to use me as a weapon to take more of the Northern Realms. I have been at an inn in Maecht for 2 days and wrote to Geralt who is an old friend of mine.

The letter we sent were 

/////

Dearest Geralt,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and spirits. I hoped to be writing to you again under better circumstances. Two days ago when walking home I saw about a dozen Nilfguardian soldiers outside the shop I work at. Some were stationed at the stables so I had to leave my horse behind. Thankfully they did not see me. I fear because I fled on foot they will find me soon. I was hoping for your assistance in escorting me to a safe haven. If you want to I will be staying at the inn you dropped me at the first day we met I will be there till the 17th day of this month. If you are not able to make it or do not want to I understand and hold no ill will.

My love,

Kaia

\\\\\

Kaia

I hope you have made it to the inn unharmed I will be there on the 17th of the month. If I do not arrive by midday please leave the inn and make your way towards Kaer Morhen. You will be safe there and they will help you plan a route to your haven. Make sure you tell them your name and they will know who you are. Please be vigilant and stay as assuming as possible.

Yours,

Geralt

/////

 He is meeting me tomorrow morning and escorting me to safety. I think of meeting Geralt and get flustered. Before I can spiral further Jaskier begins to perform. He sings some of the songs I know and many I don't. Hearing him perform Toss A Coin To Your Witcher was so strange. The crowd loves him and we make eye contact a few times. I have a good view of him. Once the show ends I go up and tip him a coin before heading to bed but he chases me before I go.

"Leaving so soon"

"Sorry"

"I was just wondering why you are leaving so soon"

"I am going to sleep if you must know"

"I assumed as much, how about having a drink with me instead"

"That is very kind and you are quite talented but I know how bards can be"

"but you have never met me"

"I suppose not"

"So, ale and introductions"

"if you are buying"

We talk and introduce ourselves and we laugh and we get along great. After 2 drinks I take my leave.

"I must go this time, being hungover is not a great way to greet an old friend"

"news to me"

"of course, goodnight Jaskier"

"Sleep well, Kaia"

I go to my room. It went well. My first night went well. I am exhausted but scared to go to sleep what if it sends me back and what if I can't do it again. Eventually I convince myself it wont happen and get undressed. The next morning I get up hoping to grab some bread or something before Geralt arrives. As I step into the tavern Geralt is already in the corner. My heart is going a mile a minute and I try my best to be cool.

"Hope you haven't been waiting long"

"not at all" he says still sitting.

"oh, Geralt come here, you don't need to be so cold"

he stands up to hug me. "it is good to see you again"

"and to see you"

"how have you been" he says awkwardly, he never was a fan of small talk.

Like some sort of hungover angel sent to save him from further pleasantries, Jaskier comes over, after seeing us hugging.

"Geralt? where have you been, I don't think I have seen you hug anyone well, ever"

Geralt grunts. (yes I freaked out inside when he did it)

"lets see the lucky lady... Kaia"

"good morning"

"what, you know Geralt, wait are you two..."

I chuckle slightly "no, Geralt is my old friend I was meeting this morning"

"I didn't know you knew Jaskier"

"we met last night"

"how long have you guys been friends?" I ask already knowing

"5 ye.."

"we aren't"

"ouch, now Geralt that hurts"

"Jaskier I need to speak with Kaia, can you.."

"of course, yes, I will get us some food"

"Ok so.., Geralt I need your help making it to Temple school there is someone there who I think can help me, I am on the run currently, I will pay you all I have my life is in danger"

"you don't have to.. I owe you from"

"you owe me nothing and you don't have to help me but please consider"

"yes"

"yes what"

"i will bring you"

"really.. Ok wonderful when should we leave"

"soon they will be tracking you as we speak, after we have eaten and you have payed for your stay meet me outside."

"Of cour.."

"I have returned, Geralt why do you never hug me?"

We eat and talk a bit about where we know each other from. Geralt leaves to prepare Roach and put my bag on the saddle, while I pay. Jaskier walks out behind me when I leave the inn.

"it was nice meeting you Jaskier, perhaps I will see you in the future"

"wait, where are you going?"

"Geralt is escorting me somewhere"

"are you a fugitive?"

"not exactly"

"well then I will assist you "

"what"

"yes, I will aid in your quest"

"Jaskier no, this is not a joke she could get hurt"

"you care for her?"

"I owe her now go"

"Are we ready to leave?"

"Yes"

"Anyway, Jaskier we only have one horse"

"I can walk. I am quite athletic"

"Your choice Kaia"

"the more fists fighting the better"

"ok"

Then we leave Maecht and I shift back for school in the morning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.5K 698 11
In This Season, Things Get Odder And Crazier! As BroZone Dives Deeper Into Their School Lives, Along With Their New Friends GalZone, They Get Engage...
42.5K 1.3K 41
Maenya Targaryen. Born in 96 AC, The first child of Aemma and Viserys Targaryen, All seemed well, Maenya was "The gem of the Kingdoms" her younger si...
858K 29.6K 106
When Grace returns home from college, it doesn't go like she thought it would. With her past still haunting her everyday choices, she discovers a sid...
213K 8.5K 51
(Male Yandere Demons x Female Reader) You are just a normal high school girl living a normal life. . . . Until your life is not normal anymore. ____...