Falling for You (Everything I...

By munsen12

Story is similar to Everything is Only for You yet different. Shehnaaz is rich girl. Her father has given her... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 21

2.7K 448 381
By munsen12

Shehnaaz had fallen asleep on the couch. A touch on her forehead wakes her up. She looks to her side where her father lay asleep on the bed. She rubs her eyes and sits up. She lifts her head to find him standing.
"What are you doing here?"
She asks.
"I am sorry."
"What are you doing here?"
He sits beside her, "How is he? Nurse told me the surgery was successful."
"You know then why you ask me?"

"I know you are angry and you should be. I told you I would come but I couldn't. Trust me, I was stuck in a situation.."
"Sidharth Sehgal, I don't want to know about your situation. I understand everything."
Sidharth holds her hands but she takes it away.
"Shehnaaz, just listen to me once then you can decide whether to punish me or not."
"Punish you for what?"

"I broke my promise. For that. I didn't want to. I was coming here but on the way.."
Sana again cuts her short, "I don't want to hear your excuses. I get it Sidharth Sehgal, I mean nothing to you. My father forced you to marry me. I forced you to become my friend. I forced you to come. I know you never wanted any of that. It's okay. I don't need you to stand by me. I have my brother. I don't need a fake husband. I don't need to rely on a pseudo friend."
Sidharth stands up, "Fake? Pseudo friend?"
"Yes. Now will you go or I will leave the room?"
Sidharth shakes his head, "I am leaving. You stay."

Sumitra opens the door and Sidharth enters the house, walking with a limp.
"Kahan tha tu raat bhar? Shehnaaz kept calling you, we all were trying your number. You were supposed to be at the hospital. Yeh kya halat banai hai. What happened to your feet?Will you tell me anything?"
Sidharth doesn't reply to anything and goes to his room and shuts the door. He stands in front of the mirror. His hair is messy, his shirt untucked and dirty. He unbuttons his shirt and drops it on the floor. There was swelling on his arm that had turned bluish black. He winces in pain when he touches it.

He knows Shehnaaz is angry and she should be but calling her fake was not something he had expected. He wanted to be with her and he was on the way. But what happened was something he had no control over.

Flashback.

Sidharth was in his way. He got caught up in the delivery of some items. The surgery would start sometime and there was too much traffic on the road. He really didn't know what to do. He then realised that there is a short cut. The street was not good but if he took that he could reach the hospital on time. He turned his bike and took a narrow street. His phone was vibrating. He knew it must be Shehnaaz. He decided to let it ring. He couldn't waste time now. The street was bumpy and dark with no street lights.

Suddenly someone came in front of the motorbike and he clutched the brakes tightly. As a result he lost control of the speeding vehicle and it skidded. Sidharth tried to get up but his foot was under the bike. And then he saw them, three men who surrounded him. Two of them were tall and heavily built and the other one was short and thin. The thin man had a knife in his hand that shone as light from a far away street lamp fell on it. The two tall men pulled him out from under the bike and grabbed his arms. When he tried to release himself, they punch him hard.

"Tere paas jo bhi hai, rokda, kava(mobile), ghadi, sab nikalne ka aur apun ko Dene ka."
The short man ordered.
"Leave me. Chod apan ko."
"Goliya, tere ko kuch jasti chadhgali hai re.. (you are drunk)we have caught him. How will he take out his stuff?"
One of the men holding him said and they all laughed. Sidharth could catch the smell of cheap alcohol from their breath.
"Listen, take whatever you want. Just let me go. I need to be at the hospital. Apan ka hath chod, apan sab de raha hai. Mere ko koi rada nahi chahiye.(leave my hand, I will give you everything. I don't want want any fight.)"
He tries to release himself and pulls out his wallet. There were a few hundred bucks in them. He pulled them out and then took out his old watch.

"Take these. That's all I have."
"Chandu, Shane ka pocket dekh. We need more money for the powder. "
The thin man, Goliya said.
One of the tall men grabbed his collar and pulled him closer,
"You heard him, will you take out your things or I will check."
Sidharth clenched his teeth, "I gave you everything I had. Let me go, or else I will break your already broken nose. Trust me you won't look good,"
The man, Chandu turned his fingers into a fist and punched him on his abdomen.
"You will break my nose? Dhakan sha*la!"
"Chandu, mamu log ajayenge(police will come). Let's go. Take his phone and his bike. He doesn't have anything."
"No. Not my bike. Here, take my phone. Not my bike. I need to go."
The men laugh and the other tall man goes and picks up the bike.

"The bike is in great shape. We can get a good amount for this."
"No.. I said.. no."
Sidharth screamed and pushed the man away from him. He started kicking the man. Goliya came with the knife and Sidharth clutched his wrist. He twisted his arm and he screamed in pain. He pushed him away once the knife fell off his hand. The man standing by the bike, came to him and punched him on the arm. Sidharth kicked him in the abdomen.

Just then a police patrol van came and he stopped hitting them.
"What is happening here? Get them all."
The officer sitting inside asked the constable. They grab them all and put them in the SUV.
"Sir, I haven't done anything. These people were threatening me, trying to rob me."
Sidharth tried to explain.
"Shh.. whatever you have to say, you can do in the police station. Chalo!"

Siduram sat on the bench inside the police station. The other three men were inside the lockup. His phone was with the police and no one was willing to listen to him. He was granted the luxury of sitting on the bench and he should be thankful for that. This was the only response he received when he asked for a phone call. The Sub-inspector was on patrol. So, he had no other option but to sit there and wait for his return. Finally he returned in the early hours of the morning. He was allowed to leave after he explained everything and denied filling any charges against the three men.
The police had kept the bike so he had to wait for the bus to go to the hospital.

"Tujhe kahin lagi toh nahi? Kya zarurat thi dusre raste se jane ki? If anything would have happened to you, I don't know what I would have done. "
Sidharth sits on the table holding the cup of tea.
"Main thik hun. You know I can take care of myself. Will you go to see Uncle at the hospital now?"
"Yes. I will. You take rest. I will go alone."
"No, I can't rest. I have to go to the showroom. I have a meeting in the evening. So I have to finish up my work now. I will go with you and drop you there. Then I will go to the police station to pick up my bike."
"Listen, I will tell Shehnaaz what has happened. She will understand."
"Ma, please aap kuch mat bolna usse. Please aap ko meri kasam."

Sidharth doesn't find Shehnaaz at the hospital when he goes to meet Sukhbinder and drop his mother there. Rajvir informs him that he had sent her home to freshen up in the morning. He also tells him that she has decided to stay at Suri house till Sukhbinder has recovered. He doesn't say much and ignores his questions about his absence during the surgery.

Sidharth waits for the bus at the bus stop outside the hospital. And his eyes fall on two figures who get down from a car that enters the huge gates of the hospital. Sidharth crosses the street and walks towards the gate.
Why?
She termed their relationship pseudo, why? She is fine without him, why?
He feels cheated, why?
He is hurt, why?
Everything ends with just one question: why? And he could never find the answers.

Sidharth is busy checking inventory when his phone rings. It's Shehnaaz. He first decides to let it ring but then he picks it up.
"Hey, can I talk to you? I mean are you busy?"
"I think you have dialled the wrong number. This is your fake husband Sidharth Sehgal. The one who is no longer your friend, Remember?"
"I reacted and I guess my reaction was justified. You made a promise to me and you broke it."
Sidharth was silent.
"Sidharth, you there?"
"Hmm.. "

Shehnaaz says, "I know I should have listened to you. But I was tired, angry and upset."
"I know."
He whispers.
"Will you tell me now what happened yesterday? Why didn't you come?"
"Why do you want to know?"
"Like I said I was angry then, so I was not interested to know before. But then Rajvir told me something about not jumping to conclusions. He asked me to talk to you. I should have listened to you.. Will you tell me now?"

"It.. doesn't matter.. anymore."
"It does. I know I have said too much. As a friend.."
"Friend? Who? You cleared things earlier that I am just no one to you. So it doesn't matter why I didn't come."
"Sidharth, why are you saying that? You are my..."
"Stop it, Miss Suri. I have work. I need to go."
He hanged up the phone and turned it to silent mode.

Sidharth reaches the reception of La Mère International hotel and asks for Dr.Ganguly. The receptionist asks him to wait in the lobby. Sidharth sits down, nervously tapping his feet. He has no idea why Dr.Ganguly wanted to meet him here. He hoped he would give him some project to work on. Some extra money always helps. His mind then goes to Shehnaaz. He felt bad not for what she told earlier but with the fact that she called him after Rajvir asked her to. They considered each other friends then why couldn't she think about talking to him? What hurts him more is seeing her outside the hospital with him. He may deny it but it is true that he can't see her with anyone else. Another question to which he has no answer.

A tap on his shoulder breaks his chain of thoughts. He looked up to find a tall and handsome man in a white shirt, dark blue waistcoat, matching trousers and jacket on his hand, standing in front of him. His hair had been combed back, his face still and his lips pursed. There's an air of mystery and aristocracy around him that makes him attractive.
"Mr.Sehgal?"
He asked.
Sidharth nods his head and stands up.
"You are being asked at the reception."
Sidharth goes to the reception and is informed to take the elevator to room number 1408 where Dr.Ganguly awaits him.

Sidharth enters the elevator and presses the floor number 14. He turns to his side to find the same man standing beside him. Sidharth smiles at him but gets no reactions from the person. He stands there with his hands in his pockets and his face devoid of any expressions. Suddenly the elevator stops with a rumble.

Sidharth mumbles some curses under his breath. The other guy presses the button and talks to the maintenance.
"What the hell is going on?"
"Sir, there's a problem in.."
"Don't give me all those f**** excuses. Sort it out before I lose my mind."
"Y..yes.."
Sidharth stared at him with surprise. The way he talked to the staff was shocking.

He takes a look at the guy carefully now. His appearance is somewhat similar to him but the guy is more poised, sophisticated and stylish. There's a tattoo running down his ear and he gets startled reading that.
'Why would anyone draw this?'

He could see a tattoo on his chest peeping through the gap of his shirt. He starts folding the sleeves of his shirt. More tattoos start to show.

This man has some serious love for tattoos. I have seen him somewhere but can't really place him. Do I know him? Forget it and concentrate on the problem. Dr. Ganguly waits for me and I am here. Phone is not working obviously.
F***! How long are we going to stay here?

The guy without turning to face him says,"I apologise for this inconvenience."
Sidharth realises he had spoken the last sentence aloud.
"Why are you apologising? It's not your fault that we are stuck here."
"It is. You are my guest and it's my responsibility. I am the owner of La Mère International."
"Oh! That's why.. well I am not actually your guest so you don't need to say sorry. I am here to meet one of your guests. I can't never imagine being a guest here. It's above my pay scale. Not in this lifetime maybe. Unless I win some lottery."
He giggles nervously then stops.

The guy with a serious face says,
"You may never know when life may take a turn. As it is said, life is unpredictable. You may sit here, it will take some time until this thing starts again."
Sidharth nods his head and follows him by sitting down beside him on the floor.
"I am Sidharth Sehgal. "
Sidharth extends his hand to shake. The guy stares at his hand for sometime and then takes it.
"Sidharth Raichand."

"Sidharth Raichand? Oh! I know you. You are.. famous."
Raichand doesn't give him any response and turns away.
Sidharth says, "You are correct, life is unpredictable. We were rich and suddenly everything was gone. But now it's tough you see. I wish things were different, especially in monetary situations. Sab ki zindagi aap jaisi nahi hoti."

A soft smile appears on Raichand's face and it disappears immediately,
"I pray and wish that you don't have to live my life. Tumhari aur meri zindagi jitni alag ho until achi hai."
Sidharth stares at him,
"I don't know why you say that. You are rich, successful and you have everything."
Raichand gives him a smirk, "Money, power, success might be important but it is not everything. Love, family and relationship matters more. I never had the fortune of having them until recently.. I am sure you must have a great family, father, mother and siblings."

Sidharth nods his head,
"That's true. Love, family and relationships are the most important things. And I had the fortune of having the best Dad. He is no more you see. Things changed after he passed away. Now I have to take care of my mother and a younger sister and repay a loan. I desperately need to get better luck. Things are really not going well. Money is tight. I hoped Dr.Ganguly would give me a project or something and see I am stuck here. Why doesn't God help the poor? You say you don't want me to have your life but I honestly want it. Money is tight. I hoped Dr.Ganguly would give me.. I am repeating myself again and again. Sorry. I tend to talk when I get stressed."

"I really don't get it. Why do I get a talkative co-passenger whenever I am stuck in an elevator?"
Raichand murmurs to himself.
"Hun? Did you say something? I am sorry. I am not usually the talkative type. She is the talkative one, not me. But today I am nervous."

Raichand smiles, "Don't tell me you too have a talkative woman in your life?"
"Oh yes, I have."
Raichand says,"I was stuck in the elevator with her once, before we got married. Shehnaaz didn't stop even for a second. She didn't know who I was and still.. "
Sidharth stares at him with his mouth wide open.
Raichand asks, "What?"
"We share a lot of similar things. Not only our names are the same, our wives names are also the same, Shehnaaz, who are both talkative."

"How long are you married?"
Sidharth asks.
"It will be a year soon. And you?"
"Two months. We have been best friends since we were kids. We had always thought we would marry each other when we were older. But today she loves someone else and I am termed a fake friend as I could not be there with her while her father was in surgery. I was robbed, beaten up, and spent the night at the police station. I tried to tell her but she didn't care. And when she called me, I came to know she did so as her brother had asked. Why should I tell her now? I know our friendship doesn't mean anything to her. She is just trying to adjust with me. And she loves someone else. She doesn't feel anything for me. She is rich, we aren't. But I feel bad, you see. She loves someone else and.. I am doing it again.."

Sidharth's words trail off. He wipes his eyes.
Raichand says,
"You love her. Do you know that?"
Sidharth lifts his head and stares at him.
"No. She is.. just my friend. Best friend. The guy she loves is not a good person. I don't love her."
"As you say."

Both stay silent for sometime and then Raichand says,
"You know, I am the last person to give relationship advice to anyone. Still I will say one thing from my experience. The Shehnaazs we married are not going to leave us or break the marriage. No matter what happens they will stay and try to work it out. That being said, I will ask you to talk to your wife. Tell her why you couldn't be there beside her. She has the right to know. My Shehnaaz is.. naive, she doesn't understand things easily. But when she does, she is the most sensible person I know. I guess your Shehnaaz is no different."
Sidharth thinks for some time and then nods his head.

The lift starts to move again and Raichand stands up. Sidharth follows his suit and stands up.
"Thanks."
Raichand nods his head and slips his hands into his pockets.

The lift stops at the 14th floor and the door opens. Sidharth steps out.
"It was really nice talking with you. My nervousness is gone. Thanks again."
Raichand nods his head again and says, "Remember anything can happen at any time. You will get the success you deserve. Just wait for the proper time. And if you realise what you feel for her, just tell her. Don't wait for long. And don't wait for her to realise her feelings for you. It will take an eternity. Best of luck, Sidharth Sehgal."
"Thank you, Sidharth Raichand."
The door closes and Sidharth mutters the tattoo written below his ear, "Devil!"

Sidharth couldn't sleep. Something was missing. What? And as he turns to his side, he understands what it is. Or rather who? The empty bed beside the walls of the pillows reminds him of her. He misses her. He knows that he can't sleep tonight. He switches the light and starts working. He checks his phone. 5 missed calls and 2 text messages.

Why aren't you picking up my phone?

You don't want to talk to me. I get it. I won't disturb you anymore.

Should he call her? Should he take the stranger's advice or not? He dials her number and finds it busy.
Who is she talking to? Him?
Sidharth throws the phone on the bed out of frustration.

Sidharth avoids Shehnaaz the next day. Ryan tries to talk to him but he doesn't let him discuss her with him.

That night he looks at the bed and decides he should work. He knows sleep is not going to visit him anytime sooner. So he better utilises the time effectively. After it's past midnight, he feels tired and goes to his bed. He starts playing his guitar, an old English song he had heard on his Walkman.
"....
Nothing's gonna change my love for you
You ought to know by now how much I love you
One thing you can be sure of
I'll never ask for more than your love..."

Sidharth had no idea when he had dozed off. He opens his eyes and gets startled finding her staring at him.
"F*** man! You scared the hell out of me!"
She doesn't say anything but just keeps staring with misty eyes.
"What are you doing here? How? How did you come?"
"Sidharth Sehgal, this is my home too."
She hits him on his arm,"This is my home too."

Sidharth grabs her wrist, "Are you nuts? Maar kyun rahi ho? Yes this is your home. But you only had planned to stay in Suri house. And it's past midnight, how did you come here?"
Sana snivels, "Rajvir dropped me here. Ma opened the door and your door was open. Happy? Now will you tell me why you are giving me so much attitude?"
Sidharth gets up, "I am not. It's late. I am tired and.."
"Shut up Sidharth Sehgal! Tell me right now! Yes I reacted then but then I called to say sorry and ask you what happened."

Sidharth mutters, "Yes, when Rajvir asked you to."
"I was upset after you left. I told him I felt bad for the way I behaved with you. He told me to talk to you and say sorry."
Sidharth turns to look at her. She looks genuinely upset and almost on the verge of crying again. He can't see her in tears. He is about to take her hand when he remembers what he saw in the morning. He stops.
"Sidharth, will you stay like this forever? Why? We are friends. Can't we fight and make up?"
"Miss.Suri, we can't be friends. We are two people from two different worlds tied together in an unwanted bond of marriage. I know you want to get out of this. You must. After uncle is better we can find a way to get separated. You can then go to whomever you want to spend the rest of.."

"Shut up! You.. How many times have I told you, I will not leave you or this marriage? Why do you keep repeating the same thing again and again? Why?"
Sidharth remembers what Mr. Raichand had told him. Their respective Shehnaaz will never leave them. No matter what. He is right. Should he take his advice and talk to her?
Water had spilled out of her eyes by now. He turned to face her and cupped her face. Wiping away her tears he says, "You love Sameer. Don't you want to be with him. You still meet him right?"
"No. I don't."
"Will you tell me what was Sameer doing with you today at the hospital? "

Shehnaaz gazed into his eyes, "Car had a flat tire. He was passing by and gave me a lift. I just thanked him and asked him to leave. Is this the reason you asked about separation?"
"No. I asked because I felt you should be happy. And if you can be happy with Sameer then as a friend it's my lookout to think about it."
"I am happy here. With you and Ma, your friends and Shini. I can't and I don't want to think about leaving you or them. I don't know if I really ever wanted to marry him or he was just my.. I don't know what he was to me. I am no longer sure."
A smile appears on his face.
"Do you promise, you will never leave me?"
Shehnaaz nods her head, "I do. I will never leave you, Siduram."
Sidharth raises his eyebrows, "Sidharth Sehgal se direct Siduram? Wow!"

Shehnaaz giggles, "I hate calling you by your full name. I was just angry. Now will you tell me what happened?"
Sidharth tells her everything that had happened the previous night. Shehnaaz gets upset for her behaviour after knowing what he went through.

"Tumhe inti lagi thi. You went through so much and I.. I couldn't even see that you had got hurt. I am sorry."
"It's okay Rondu billi. Jo beet gaye, bhul jao usse. Now will you tell me tum iss waqt kyun ai? Itni raat ko kyun."
Shehnaaz slips her arms around him and puts her head on his chest.
"I couldn't sleep there. I don't know but I felt I was missing something. I missed this room, this bed, our wall of pillows and my favourite place to sleep. I think I missed you too. Mujhe na tumhari aadat ho gayi hai."

Sidharth lay awake, staring at her beautiful face.
Mujhe na tumhari aadat ho gayi hai.
The words keep ringing in his ears. And then he remembers what Mr.Raichand had said.
You love her.

Tujhe kya pyar karne laga hun
Ya yeh unki galat fehmi hai.
Jo bhi ho na Jane kyun,
Maan ne ko aaj dil kar ta hai.

Main teri aadat ban raha hun,
Yeh sun kar kyun main itna khush hun.

Shayad Woh sach kehte hai,
Mujhe sirf tujh se pyar hai.
Jo bhi ho na Jane kyun,
Maan ne ko aaj dil kar ta hai.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, how was the surprise? Devil and Siduram together. Was it interesting enough?
Longest chapter..
Let me know how was it.
And do send me stars by clicking the ⭐ button.
Come fall in love💕💕💕💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

491K 45.5K 63
*What if Sidharth was in Bigg boss but Shehnaaz wasn't a part of this season *What if Shehnaaz was a Sidfangirl *What if Sidnaaz were to marry each...
34.6K 4.8K 17
© All Copyright reserved to the writer, @PoohBear8435 only. Please do not copy, distribute or publish any of my work in any form. Some things happen...
153K 17.2K 39
© All Copyright reserved to the writer, @PoohBear8435 only. Please do not copy, distribute or publish any of my work in any form. They say love comes...
349K 31.3K 103
"𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒍𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒔. 𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒂�...