On The Run | Wakasa I. (Tokyo...

By noticeyoursenpaii

[WAKASA X READER] When a long time friend of the Black Dragons' former members suddenly returns after years w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Back in Japan
Chapter 2: Beg
Chapter 3: Walk Home
Chapter 4: Dinner With You
Chapter 5: Carry
Chapter 6: Old Friend
Chapter 7: Dumb
Chapter 8: Forced to Date
Chapter 9: Lies
Chapter 10: Missing Person
Chapter 11: Suspicious Men
Chapter 12: Heiress
Chapter 13: Truth
Chapter 14: Suspicious
Chapter 15: Quarrel
Chapter 16: With The Akashi
Chapter 17: Veeery Insensitive
Chapter 18: Runaway Bride
Chapter 19: Apologies
Chapter 20: Distant
Chapter 21: Attacked
Chapter 22: Worry
Chapter 23: Scars
Chapter 24: A First
Chapter 25: Victim
Chapter 26: Stay
Chapter 27: A Night To Remember
Chapter 28: The Day It Started
Chapter 29: Mistakes
Chapter 30: Apple of His Eye
Chapter 31: Words We Want To Hear
Chapter 32: Still On The Run
Chapter 33: Missing
Chapter 34: A Friend's Care
Chapter 35: Reversed Game of Tag
Chapter 36: Scared
Chapter 37: Princess and The Royal Guard
Chapter 38: Promises with a Mother
Chapter 39: Raid
Chapter 40: Run With Me
Chapter 41: Run Away
Chapter 42: Crazy
Chapter 43: Guilt
Chapter 44: I Promised
Chapter 45: Just The Two Of Us
Chapter 46: Treat
Chapter 47: One-Sided
Chapter 48: Talk
Chapter 49: Worst Friend
Chapter 50: The Densest
Chapter 51: A Little Help
Chapter 52: Better Hurry
Chapter 53: Bad Feeling
Chapter 54: Weak Side of Me
Chapter 55: The Surprise
Chapter 56: Miracle
Chapter 57: No Home To Return To
Chapter 58: Unwanted Promise
Chapter 60: Awake
Chapter 61: End Things
Chapter 62: I Want To See Her
Chapter 63: Past
Chapter 64: Accept
Chapter 65: Approaching Battle
Chapter 66: Meeting the Crazy Bastard Again
Chapter 67: Sacrifice
Chapter 68: Younger Version of Her Mother
Chapter 69: Saved
Chapter 70: Finally
Chapter 71: Back To You
Epilogue

Chapter 59: Siding with Kanto

1K 58 25
By noticeyoursenpaii

3RD PERSON'S POV

A week has passed with the four still in their depressed state. As the day of Draken's death came, all four of them could only feel the worst each day while facing the reality they're in of losing two of their friends. Due to this, the battle of three deities has begun without further ado and Brahman has faced its worst as well.

Losing against both Rokuhara Tandai and Kantou Manji Gang.

However, things took a turn when two of Brahman's executives turned their backs on their gang—Wakasa and Benkei.

No reasons were stated with the both of them switching sides, and leaving Brahman as well as the siblings behind. But to Wakasa, he only wanted one thing. To be stronger in a group that can grow bigger and bigger to be able to fight the ones who took 'her' away from him... from his life. He only wanted to be in a gang that can face the mafia at a sooner time.

To avenge her and make them pay.

That's all he wanted as he's still blinded by his rage and despair of losing the one he loved the most.

And so a few days passed and the time has come for the battle between Kantou Manji Gang and Tokyo Manji Gang Second Generation where the siblings decided to be with is to happen. Both him and Benkei are going to fight them today and the Akashi siblings were far from being delighted of their reckless decision.

"Benkei, you too?! You're seriously siding with Waka on this??" Takeomi shouted as he turned to the well-built man who stood behind Wakasa with an unreadable expression on his face as usual. "We just lost a comrade and you two think siding with Kanto Manji will solve things??" Takeomi was hurt, too. It was hard for him to lose two friends and yet, it felt like he lost four of them with Wakasa and Benkei not being themselves ever since their lost. He felt hurt to see them turn themselves in to a path they're not supposed to be in.

"Let's accept it, Takeomi. Brahman has lost. So did Senju." Wakasa spoke in a monotone voice. His face had no expression as he stared blankly at the man. He didn't even bother explaining to anyone why he left Brahman and joined Kantou. He knew that they won't understand him. He knew that they would only try to get in his way.

And no, he isn't letting anyone stop him.

Because that would probably be the last thing that he'll do for her.

Takeomi wasn't able to stop himself and grabbed Wakasa's collar, pulling him aggressively closer in annoyance.

"Both of you two!!" He shouted, glaring at him then at Benkei. Bringing his eyes back to Wakasa's lilac ones, he spoke. "You think Y/N will be happy if she saw you like this?!" He can feel his heart clenching at the mention of the girl. He's breaking too. He still hasn't recovered from her death yet. And he's sure the other two feel the same way.

"Takeomi." Benkei spoke as if warning him when Wakasa remained silent. He was just staring at Takeomi blankly as if trying to hold in his anger silently. But Takeomi paid no heed to Benkei's warning and instead, continued.

"Y/N would never want you to go on the same path she has taken before. You know Kanto's intentions very well at this point. ARE YOU JUST GONNA IGNORE HER AGAIN?!" He shouted.

There was a second of silence until Takeomi felt a push on his chest, followed by a harsh impact on the side of his head. Next thing he knew, his vision was already spinning as he lost his balance. As soon as he fell to the ground is the moment he realized that Wakasa kicked him. But he had no time to react quickly as he was still in pain. Wakasa didn't waste a second and straddled him, raising his fist in the air and landing it directly at Takeomi's cheek with one strong blow.

But it wasn't enough. He wasn't thinking straight. All he could think of is the rage and the deep hole in his heart in that moment as he thought of the girl. He kept on punching the man beneath him who didn't even try to fight back and instead, blocked all of his attacks without strategies.

Just suddenly...

"Oi Waka, that's enough." Benkei's voice was heard and a large hand wrapped around Wakasa's wrist, stopping him from hitting the bleeding man furthermore.

Wakasa still has the dead expression he's been wearing ever since he lost her as he stared down. He was silent and stared as if he can't even see Takeomi's state who looked back at him with a bleeding nose and a busted lip with cheeks that are sure to be swollen anytime soon. But even with Wakasa's blank expression, Takeomi's heart broke at the sight of his friend who looked the most broken. Though he has an unreadable expression, he can still see the look of pain in his eyes. The pain of losing someone dearest to him.  And he can recall clearly the last time he saw Wakasa in that state.

It was the time when Wakasa lost his mother who he had no chance of seeing again due to the fire that their home caught that night.

And now he's seeing it again. He knows... He knows Wakasa already saw Y/N in a different light. And losing her the same way he had lost the first woman he loved in his life could be twice as painful as if reliving that same scene.

"She's gone. Y/N's gone." Wakasa spoke in a very low tone. "Never use her name against me again. You know nothing." He paused. A shadow casted upon his neutral face, showing how devastated he is. "She can no longer see me again." Just then, Takeomi's eyes widen as he stare up at him. "Why would I care if I ruin my life with the path I'm taking right now when she's no longer with me?" Along with his words, tears slept from his eyes and dropped to Takeomi's cheeks who's still in shock of seeing his friend crying with an emotionless face. He looked so tired of everything as if his life has fallen apart.

With this, Waka looked to meet his gaze with his pained ones as his voice trailed.

"Tell me, Takeomi... I failed her. I couldn't save her whenever she needed me. What else is there for me to prove when she isn't here anymore?" All those days when she was no longer around, Wakasa spent every second regretting everything, and torturing himself mentally and emotionally. He's been blaming himself for her death. That he could've saved her if he was there. But no... again, he wasn't there when the person he loves needed him the most.

That day, he already felt it. He already sensed that something was wrong and yet he chose to ignore it. If only he returned fast then he could've been there for her. He could've saved her this time. He could've helped her as he promised.

But he failed.

"Waka..." Takeomi tried to speak but ended up shutting his lips, not knowing what to say to him as Wakasa looked like he got lost in his thoughts when his lifeless eyes went out of focus.

"I made a gift for him last night. Do you think he'll like it?" The young girl couldn't stop from checking the small box repeatedly, turning it from left to right. She's been so conscious of it ever since she came to school. It was clear she's nervous.

Wakasa looked at the box, feeling a knot in his stomach at the thought of her giving it to someone. But he acted casually and shrugged his shoulders in an unbothered manner.

"I don't even know what's in it. How would I know?" He replied. But if he was being honest, he didn't really want to answer her question. He's sure if the guy is Shin then he'll surely like it without a doubt. He might not even have the heart to react negatively with how wide the girl is smiling. But a part of him didn't want to give her that encouragement and satisfaction of letting her know that the guy she's giving it to will accept it wholeheartedly.

But little did he know, the girl grew even more nervous at his response. It was an expected reaction of Wakasa but she at least hoped that he'll try to encourage her to her confession today even if the gift is for him. And seeing him react that way, she only started to be more anxious whether she has to give it to him when there's a huge possibility that he's not going to like it.

"W-Well... it's only a matter of effort. I thought that he'll appreciate it more if I made it personally." She shyly replied and lowered the box down. She's still feeling nervous of doing it but it looks like Wakasa isn't the right person to ask for such encouragement, she thought it'll be right to ask Shinichiro for advice later on since he knows Wakasa well than she does.

Just then, a memory of not too long ago flashed in Wakasa's mind.

It was at the day after Brahman's disbandment when he met up with Mikey—Shinichiro's younger brother who also heard of the news of Y/N. They didn't even start a heartwarming conversation when Mikey extended a mid sized box towards him. A box that looked familiar. Too familiar that he's sure he hasn't forgotten after years of not seeing it again.

"My brother brought it home before... but I know who made it and to whom it's made for. And it's definitely not Shin." Mikey spoke when Wakasa accepted the box. He turned to the side to not meet the man's eyes as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "I assure you he never opened that. He wanted Y/N to give it to you." He added, recalling how his brother, Shin used to remind them to not lay a finger on the box no matter what as it isn't his nor theirs.

Wakasa remained silent as he stare at the unopened box. It still looked the same as before when he last saw it in Shinichiro's hands. Although it had some dust on it, considering how long it's been.

After the short silence, Mikey quickly cut through their talk and went straight to the point.

"It's still your choice whether you join Kantou or not. I just wanted to give that to you since there's no purpose for me to keep it when she's gone already." Just like the rest, Mikey was also hurt when he found out of Y/N's incident. Although he was no longer close to the girl, still he grew attached to her at some point when he was younger. Afterall, she was there to take care of him together with Shin when he was still a toddler.

Despite seeing her as a rival to his brother's brotherly affection, he still owe her a lot for being one of his older brother's reliable friend.

As he snap back to reality, he stood up and moved away from the dark haired man.

"I don't care whether we win this battle or not. Pick whoever you want to fight but don't you dare bring her up again in front of me." Was the last thing he said to Takeomi before turning his back on him once again and walking away as Benkei accompanied him on their way to the battleground.

On that day, for some reason, Wakasa and Benkei both lost in their fight against Taiju. It was not what they were all expecting. It was a dismay to the both of them as if their goals were shattered at that instant. But at the end of the day, even though filled with bruises and wounds, they all fought with everything they can.

Wakasa finally arrived at his house when it was already late and dark outside. He was clearly out of it as he entered his home, not realizing the door is no longer locked before he even opened it to get inside. He stopped the moment he reached the living room, feeling as if the girl is still there with him and is currently sitting on the couch and watching TV... even when it's no longer possible to happen. As he stood there in the middle of the room, something caught his eyes and he glanced at the table in front of the couch where the box that Mikey passed him sat untouched.

Remembering what happened earlier today, he unconsciously reached for the box and the ribbon tied around it to keep it closed. When he pulled the dusty ribbon off of it and took off its lid, he was greeted by a small yet wide enough glass bottle to fit inside the box. With creased brows, he pulled it out slowly and there he was able to see what's inside. The glass bottle is filled with colourful folded papers cut into small sizes with inks of letterings visibly written on it. Noticing a paper at the back of the bottle, he turned it around to read what's on it.

'A Whole Month Collection of Reasons Why I Love You Until I Confess'

He released a huff at how stupid it sounded in his mind. And yet he can feel his eyes sting and his heart being stabbed painfully. He didn't even open it yet when he noticed something else inside the box. Looking back at it, he caught sight of a photo inside. When he tried to pull it out, it wouldn't budge. That's when he realized that it's pasted on the box.

It had been so long that the walls of the box didn't even fall down the moment he took off the lid. It was already stuck. So slowly, he pulled it down one by one. The second he saw it, he could no longer hold back his tears.

It was a box of collage photos full of their memories together way back in high school to college.

He can feel his heart breaking at the sight of their photos together. Even a few of stolen shots from the times when he wasn't aware of it or rather purposely ignoring her.

Once again, he felt regret eating him. He wasted so many chances in life to be with her. To make her happy. Just why did everything have to sink into him when he lost her already. What's the purpose of seeing these now when she's no longer with him?

He was unconsciously hugging the bottle to himself as he mourned, failing to notice a presence in the corner of the dark room.

Having enough of the drama, the man heaved a sigh and took a step forward.

"You better be crying for my daughter alone." He said and turned the lamp on so they can see each other.

Wakasa flinched at the sound of the deep voice of the man. He whipped his head to where the source of light is and there stood the man in a suit who looked like he's in his mid fifties age.

"Who are you?" He asked in alarm even though the man was being laid back. He didn't even pay attention to what the man said and instead, stood up in a defensive position while putting the bottle down.

"Don't worry. I'm no threat. I decided it'd be better if your personal life is kept private at her request so I came here alone." The man responded while waving his hand at front while looking around the room, unbothered.

"Whose request?" Wakasa kept his hard gaze on him , watching his every move intently. The man then turned to him with brows raised in an amused look.

"I guess you have no idea, huh?" He said and lowered his eyes, feeling bad for Wakasa for not knowing anything and even suffering for it. He couldn't even imagine if he was in his position. But at least Wakasa didn't experience the same fate that he did before with his wife. He released a sigh and looked back at him.

He knows that once he finds out about it, it'll change the man's view of the situation either in a good or a bad way. But he hopes it would go on a brighter path for he does not wish to see his daughter suffering again.

"My daughter... Y/N." He saw how Wakasa's poker face broke and his eyes widen at the mention of his daughter's name but kept silent, waiting for his next words out of curiosity. He was sure the man sounded familiar but he didn't expect him to be Y/N's father especially in a moment like this. But he had not the time to even worry about it when the older man immediately followed his words with a news that felt deceiving to even hear.

"She's alive, you know."

___________
Author's Note:
I was actually waiting for TR's update about the fight but it seems like it's taking too long to conclude about the fight between Kantou Manji and Tokyo Manji 2nd Gen so I just had to release this chapter because some of you might have thought the story really ended in that previous chapter T^T

Anyway, here 'ya go. Hope y'all are happy with our mc being alive hahahahah! Btw, classes are already about to start so idk how long I'll continue to update huhu but I will make sure that this story will reach its epilogue sometime!

That is all! Thank you! <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 1K 21
In the last fight with the league of villains, Izumi risked her life to save her friends. And in doing so she died but was saved by a new quirk she r...
101K 4K 38
- "i made it my life goal to protect you" - --------- [izana kurokawa x fem reader] --------- We all know the man with the 'special' earrings, we a...
30.8K 1.3K 15
A thirty something year old woman hops into the Naruto universe and gets reborn as a male Uchiha. He's uncouth, uncaring, and incredibly selfish in h...
473K 20.8K 57
[COMPLETE ✅] *✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿**✿❀❀✿* After years of unconsciousness, she regained her "life" only to find the people she treasured had changed for t...