Sitting Ducks

By RachelJessie

Everyone has a different view on life. For example, when you see someone dead, you never say they deserved it... More

Prologue: 671
Chapter One: 214
Chapter Two: 153
Chapter Three: 749
Chapter Four: 84
Chapter Five: 403
Chapter Six: 544
Chapter Seven: 380
Chapter Eight: 959
Chapter Nine: 104
Chapter Ten: 11
Chapter Eleven: 21
Chapter Twelve: 63
Chapter Thirteen: 946
Chapter Fourteen: 0
Chapter Fifteen: 368
Chapter Sixteen: 637
Chapter Seventeen: 8
Chapter Eighteen: 550
Chapter Nineteen: 442
Chapter Twenty: 389
Chapter Twenty-Two: 648
Chapter Twenty-Three: 152
Chapter Twenty-Four: 204
Chapter Twenty-Five: 352
Epilogue: 199
Alternate Epilogue: 768

Chapter Twenty-One: 207

115 6 3
By RachelJessie

"Should I get her a puppy or something?" I heard Tyler ask. It was fuzzy though, and I forced myself to stay still.

"Maybe, but you can't buy her. Did you hear that he put a hit on me and Cane to be killed? How did he find out, and why Eric?" Tucker. That traitor. I wanted to hear more of this though.

"I actually have no idea man, he's really resourceful." Tyler really stressed the word he.

"He wants my Elise." My Elise? I could feel eyes on me, and turned over. Might as well do something interesting.

"Tyler. Tyler, I'm so sorry." I whispered, but I knew he heard me. Gag. Tucker groaned and I could feel Tyler wrap his arms around me. I should win an Oscar.

"How does she not hate me. She should be hating me!" He exclaimed quietly, as if not to wake me.

"What if he gets her? She loves him like a brother, she'll always pick him over me." That was true, I didn't love Jared. I did once though, but that was in the past. Why were they talking about Jared?

"He won't get her, and she's yours. She loves you, stop thinking about what Cane said. If she didn't love you, she wouldn't be here. Now why is there a ticket on Cane's head, and how did they find out about me?" Tucker sounded confused. Tyler shifted me so I was cradled in his arms, sitting in his lap. I felt my watch vibrate slightly. What the?

"Eric Cane! It's Eric Cane!" Tyler shouted, and stood up with me in his arms. I pretended to wake up, all confused. It wasn't much of a stretch, I was so confused about Eric.

"Tyler? Tyler, you're here! Oh I was so scared you'd leave me!" I wrapped my arms around him.

"Elise, I would never leave you. Why on earth made you think that I would even think about leaving you!" I looked over at Tucker, and pretended to be surprised.

"You traitor! How could you betray Danny like that, he's your friend!" I jumped out of Tyler's arms but he held me back.

"How are you any different Houston? You left them for Tyler, I was never with them. If only Bradley could see you now, he would be disgusted." He spat, then went pale. My fists were by my sides.

I turned around and kissed Tyler. Gently I pushed him away and tackled Tucker to the ground. Placing my weight on him, I placed my hand on his throat.

"What the hell do you know about him. I will kill you, I do it for a living." He shook his head defiantly. 

"I have nothing to lose Tucker, and if you're smart, that should scare you. Now tell me, what do you know about Bradley!" I felt Tyler trying to pull me off gently, but I pushed him away. I started to squeeze my hands around his neck.

"Elise! Stop it, please! You're going to kill him!" Tyler exclaimed and yanked me back. I reluctantly let go of Tucker's neck, but still struggled against Tyler.

"I know about Bradley, he was one of my closest friends. In fact he's my c-" A gunshot went off before he could finish. Tucker's eyes widened and he collapsed to the ground. I hit the ground seconds later, but there was no more gunfire. The window had a small bullet hole in it, and I saw a flash of blond hair as someone ran from the bushes, way down below. We were at least twenty floors up.

"Tucker!" Tyler screamed and ran to his cousin's side. He was dead, that bullet hit him straight between the eyes. Whoever did it was trained, a killer like myself.  The downside was that I had no more info on Bradley, Tyler wouldn't tell me anything.  When he turned to me, I saw him crying. 

"No!" He choked out. I wrapped my arms around him as he sobbed. Family meant a lot to all of us, and he had just lost his cousin. 

"Elise, can you get me the phone please." I looked around for his cell and found it on the table. Handing it to him, he quickly dialed a number.

"How dare you, seriously! I'm going to kill you, slowly." He left the room talking and I was left with a dead body.  I opened the window to let out the smell and sat on a chair in the corner, frowning.

"Frowning doesn't look good on you sweetheart." I knew that voice. I turned around with a huge smile just to be greeted with a gun to my forehead and four people glaring at me, Jared included.

"Where is he." Jared demanded. I rolled my eyes and turned away from him.  Hello to him too.

"Elise, I will not hesitate to shoot you if you are protecting him. Now tell me, now." He yanked on my hair and I grabbed his wrist. Twisting it, I pushed him back into his group of people.

"I'm not protecting him, Jared. You dare to put a gun to my head, and make threats that you'll shoot? What happened to you?" I demanded.  His face fell.

"It doesn't matter. We're getting you out of here Silver, and back to safety with the Resistance." Okay, I was fine with that. But my plan with Tyler would be destroyed.

"She's not going anywhere, 544. Now take your little group out of my house, if you will."  Everyone turned to see Tyler in the doorway, and I could see a large group of people standing behind him.  They far outnumbered Jared's little group.

"Tell me one thing Coyle, before I kill you. Why is there a hit on Eric Cane?" Good question. Jared shifted uncomfortably. 

"Cane works for you, under a different name. He's an operative, and it was found out. Just like Tucker, but Cane has already been eliminated." Wow. You think you know a guy.

"Thanks. Nice knowing you Jared, you were a good pal." He pulled a pistol from his pocket and shot the man next to Jared, then shot the other two that were standing next to each other. Jared remained motionless, with a frown.

"Wait! Ty, please don't shoot him!" I begged him. Even if I was pissed, I didn't want him to die. 

"Why not!" He almost whined. I stood in front of my friend. 

"Please, just keep him captive or something! You don't have to kill him, not like you did with them. Please Tyler, please." I begged him. Jared placed his hand on my shoulder. Tyler looked annoyed, then nodded.

"Take him away. Elise, come with me." I turned around and gave Jared a quick hug, then walked to Tyler. He grabbed my hand and led me out of the room.

"We need to get out of here, just for a while. Pick a place you want to go Elise, anywhere in the world." He said, and we walked into a master bedroom. He opened the closet and grabbed suitcases. There were new clothes for me in the closet.

"How about Aruba?" I asked and he nodded without hesitation.  He picked up his cellphone, and pressed one button. This was perfect, maybe I could find Bradley!

"I want two tickets to Aruba, first class. By tomorrow night, today would be nice. What do you have for me Joyce?" He asked, rather rudely.  After a pause, and a muffled voice, Tyler answered.

"Tomorrow, what time? Oh, ten, that will be fine. Thanks Joyce, and tell my V.P. that he's overseeing BrickStone for the week. I'll have my phone on me, but it will probably be off. Bye." He hung up and held out his hand. I looked at him confused.

"Your phone please, Silver." I handed it to him, and he smashed it, then threw it into the toilet in the adjourning bathroom.

"It was a listening device Elise. That's how Tucker was found out, but I don't know about Cane. You can go say goodbye to Jared if you like." He sounded pained. 

"Thanks Ty." I gave him a quick kiss, then ran out of the room. Bumping into Henry, I smiled at him.

"Can you show me where Jared is? Tyler said I could say good-bye." He nodded and led me down the corridor. Opening the door to one of the rooms, I saw it had been converted into some sort of basement prison. Jared sat against the wall, with his feet shackled together. 

"Chains don't look good on you Jare." He saw me and smiled. I grabbed the chair and pulled it up to him. Sitting down, I assessed his face for injuries. None. 

"Remember when we were dating, and I took you to Six Flags?" He asked and I nodded, smiling. He brushed a piece of my hair out of my eyes.

"And then you nearly peed yourself on that really tall ride, what was it called?" I asked, trying not to laugh at the memory. Jared shrugged.

"I don't remember. Elise, why are you down here? You're not leaving are you?" He looked a little panicked, and I didn't respond.

"You are. Where is he taking you too, where am I going to end up?" Jared fiddled with the cuffs on his ankles.

"He's taking me to Aruba, and I don't know about you. I'll ask that you're treated all right until I get back. Maybe Tyler will listen to me." Hopefully. 

"Whatever you do Lise, you can't love him. I know you're faking sweetheart, because you don't love anyone." Point taken. I did love him, but now it was more like a brother.

"I loved you Jared." He shook his head, and I sat down on his lap. He hugged me tightly and we just lay there, silently.

"I loved you too Elise, but not anymore. Now we're like siblings, it would be weird." That was true.

"Jared, I have a really bad feeling that you're going to a BS facility. Hopefully, you won't be there long though." I heard the door open and saw Tyler. He looked pissed.

"Elise, come with me. Jared, your freedom is being negotiated. You'll be returned to Rhode Island, because I've made a deal. You're so lucky boy!" I walked over to him and he yanked my arm. Pulling me into the bedroom, he pushed me onto the bed.

"We're leaving tonight, actually right now. He's coming for you, he wants you. Hopefully, he's here, not anywhere else. Mark can't find him, I need to keep you safe." He threw me a suitcase and we ran out of the apartment. Quickly, he pushed the ground floor button on the elevator and held the close door key. 

"Who? Who are you hiding me from?" I asked him. We ran into the lobby and straight out the door. We were in uptown New York City. Tyler pushed me in a car and climbed in after me. 

"Get us to the airport, stat Henry. Go!" He shouted and Henry stepped on it. Tyler kept holding my hand, and mumbling to himself.

"Ty, who are you hiding me from." Time slowed down as he answered. I didn't actually hear him the first time, but he repeated the name.I had to force a frown on my face, while it itched for a smile.

"I won't let him find you Elise!" I nodded and smiled at him. Little did he know that him finding me would make me the happiest person on earth.

"I will never let Bradley find you."

With any luck, I would find him first.

A/N I know I update quite quickly, like basically every two or three days, but I'm going to slow down. It will be no more than six days, but I hate having to push out chapters I don't like. It's ending in maybe three or four chapters.

Silver- Elise      Coyle- Jared       Patel- Tyler      Cane- Eric    Thompson-Hannah

Just in case the last names were confusing.

199- Elise    544- Jared  442-Tyler

Those are the numbers of the people. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 10.8K 55
π–Έπ—ˆπ—Ž 𝖺𝗋𝖾 π–Ώπ—‹π–Ύπ—Œπ— π—ˆπ—Žπ— π—ˆπ–Ώ π–Όπ—ˆπ—…π—…π–Ύπ—€π–Ύ 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖺 π—†π–Ίπ—Œπ—π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ 𝗂𝗇 π–Όπ—‹π—‚π—†π—‚π—‡π—ˆπ—…π—ˆπ—€π—’. π–Έπ—ˆπ—Ž 𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗅𝗒 𝖺𝗍 π—’π—ˆπ—Žπ—‹ π—π—ˆπ—π—‡οΏ½...
14.9K 560 6
Note: Please refrain from controversial remarks and comments. This story is not written to offend any religion and culture. If you cannot digest it...
5.7K 123 60
"How do you feel now, Morgan?" She says, more pointing something out than asking a question. She grabs hold of my wrists and tightens them. If I coul...
13K 240 49
Estella was presented as "Dead". After a dark past, she becomes Angelina Clark aka Trigger. Angelina was filled with hate and sought revenge for her...