𝔻𝕚𝕣𝕥 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙 𝕄𝕪...

By Angsty0Vibes

[ON GOING]/HIATUS] "𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘧 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵...𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴... More

Before We Begin
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Update
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 34.5 (New Year's Special)
No Chapter (UPDATE)

Chapter 19

1.4K 83 42
By Angsty0Vibes

TRIGGER WARNING: ❗️Suicide/Graphic depictions of death❗️
VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

(Y/n)'s POV

(Alternate timeline)
2009

'Where did we go wrong?' I asked myself, watching the poor guy in front of me get pummeled by two of the newbies.

"Okay, I think that's enough..." Mikey announced, holding his arm up in the air, signaling the two to cease what they were doing. The blonde walked over to the sobbing man on the ground. Blood seemed to seep out of every orifice. It was disgusting to see him in such a state.

"Hey." Mikey knelt down to the man, grabbing the top of his head by his hair to force him to look up at him. "You really thought gambling our money away was the right thing to do?" 

Mikey's expression held a dull but strong intensity. It was hard to explain; he put up such a tough front, but inside I knew he didn't feel that way.

"I-I'm sorry!" The man wept; he closed his eyes instead of making eye contact with Mikey. That resulted in a hard punch to his face.

"Look at your commander when he is speaking to you." Mikey hissed. 

I looked away at this point, I knew Mikey wouldn't kill the guy, but he would get close if he so desired. Even so, I still never allowed myself to cry in front of anyone; especially Mikey, especially now. Who knows how that would turn out? I felt a large hand on my back, and I turn. Draken stood by me, his expression unreadable. The only time I saw him show any emotion anymore was when he was fighting or the few times I was able to talk to him alone.

I knew what he was trying to tell me. He was telling me to suck it up in a nice way. We never truly talked about it, but we both knew that the other was unhappy with how things had gone.

"Get rid of him, he can come crawling back when he gets the money back, that or..." Mikey turned over his shoulder as he walked back towards us. "I could just kill him, but that would be merciful." 

The two new guys quickly took care of the guy they had beaten.

Mikey walked back to Draken and I, blood covering his fist and his face. I pulled the sleeve of my shirt down to my hand as I wiped some of the blood on his face away. 

"Hey, let's get you cleaned up, why don't we?" I let out a small smile, grabbing his arm lightly.

"Okay..." Mikey responded solemnly. 

My smile faded just as easily as it had appeared. I led the two to the closest bathroom on the floor. The lights flickered as I switched the light switch on. I guided Mikey to sit on the closed toilet seat. Draken stood by the door with his arms crossed and just watched.

I turned to the sink to wet a paper towel, squeezing out the extra water before getting to work. I began to gently dab the bloodied spots on his cheek.

'I really started acting like a mom even more to him didn't I?' I chuckled inwardly. 'When did this start? Well, I guess I've always been looking out for him, that hasn't changed. But I think it was that one day, Bloody Halloween when everything changed for the worse.'

I swallowed the saliva that had gathered in my mouth, remembering back to that painful day.

////—////

"Mikey! Stop! Please, I'm begging you!" I screamed as I held onto Mikey's arm, trying to stop it from continuously punching Kazutora who laid motionless underneath him.

I was hyperventilating, I felt like I couldn't get a solid breath into my lungs. No matter what I yelled at him, no matter how much strength I put into stopping him, it was no use. Compared to Mikey, I was the definition of weak.

"Please, Mikey, you can't keep going or you'll kill him! You can't live with that!" I tried to persuade him to reconsider what he was doing, but it did nothing.

I knew what was on his mind. Not too far from us Baji laid dead, his childhood friend was murdered right in front of his eyes. So, he was taking revenge on the man that destroyed something precious to him.

I wanted to be angry with Mikey, but I suppose the difference between Mikey and I is that I wouldn't resort to murder. Mikey I thought wouldn't either.

After what felt like an eternity of begging and crying, Mikey finally stopped. I didn't hesitate to stand up straight and pull Mikey into a hug. I was surprised how easily I dragged him into my arms; just a second ago I couldn't even stop his arm from moving. It was like his energy was completely drained.

   I knew what I should be doing, I should be making sure Kazutora was alive. I should be clearing everyone out of here. I should be confronting Mikey for what he did. 

But I couldn't, all I could do was hold him.

My arms wrapped around him tight, the blood that covered him was sticking to my skin and through my uniform as I did so. But I didn't care, right now I needed him. I needed him to be okay, to feel safe, to feel loved. "Mikey..." I cried out, but it came out a whisper that only he could hear. And he didn't respond.

I wasn't surprised that he didn't hug back, I was just glad he didn't push me away. If he did, I don't know what I would have done. The longer we stood, the tighter I hugged him. Any sobs I had came flooding out at full force now. Usually, I would be embarrassed to be crying in front of anyone. But here I was, bawling in front of two whole gangs as I held a murderer in my arms.

When my sobs calmed down, I could finally hear what was going on around us. I could hear shouting, and both the strong voices of Kisaki and Draken.  None of it was clear though, and I let myself finally get a clear look of Kazutora. My stomach dropped when I realized he hadn't moved from his last position. Two guys from Toman had already gone over to him with a tarp.

"Mikey..." I started, the guys lifted his body that was barely recognizable onto the tarp and wrapped him up. "Mikey...?" Tears started to come out again. "Mikey, you killed him..."

For a split moment I finally heard his voice, calm as ever. 

"Stop crying." He ordered.

"Huh?" I pull away and looked him in the eyes.

"Don't waste your tears on someone who doesn't deserve them." 

His eyes were dark, darker than I had ever seen before.

////—////

When I finished cleaning up his face, I took ahold of his wrist to bring him back up. I threw away the bloody paper towel into the toilet and flushed away the evidence. I led Mikey to the sink, turning on the water and making sure it was warm before helping him put his hands in it. I took some soap from the dispenser and began to wash his hands. The blood was washed away and tainted the water a dull red. I savored these moments, as weird as that sounds. This was when Mikey let me actually feel a sense of normalcy, as abnormal as this was. It would throw me back to the good years; when we would all go out, share drinks, ride our motorcycles. Stupid little things that made me want to wake up each day.

'Are you wanting to hold my hand that bad         (Y/n)?' Was something I wished Mikey would say, something to make light of the situation and make me crack a smile. 

But he wouldn't, I just felt like his caretaker now. I received nothing in return like friends should when they take care of the other. A simple 'thank you' would be all I'd even ask for. But I guess it doesn't matter, this is when I feel closest with Mikey and I don't want to ruin the small bit I get anymore.

I turned off the water, grabbing another paper towel, and began to help him dry his hands before going to my own.

"There, all clean." I say softly, looking up at Draken with a pained smile. I think he started to see past my facade in recent years. After all, I had only gotten worse at hiding my emotions. He let out a sigh as he moved to let Mikey and I out. We all walked out and into the empty, dimly lit hallway.

////—////

We stood silently in the office-like room we had been working on. It had a bland yellow light and had minimal furniture but I guess that is how it would have to be until we got things going a bit more.

It was a silent night for once, my favorite kind of night. It wasn't like old times, but at least there wasn't blood, money, or something else bad involved. I sat on the couch with my hands folded in front of me. I let my eyes wander to Draken, but his attention was on something that Mikey was concentrated on. It was subtle, but I saw Draken's eyes close, and a small frown appear on his face. Mikey didn't express any emotion so I could only assume from Draken it wasn't a good thing.

It was really frustrating that no matter what I did I could never see Mikey smile anymore. I really did everything I could without overstepping boundaries to make him show any positive emotion. Maybe even seeing him express any emotion towards me besides numbness would be nice. I sigh as I let myself run through the thoughts in my head.

"(Y/n)." Mikey stated, more like ordered my attention. 

I missed when he used to call me (Y/n)-chin, he even stopped that with Draken. He treated us like employees under him now rather than his best friends.

"Yes?" I asked, looking towards him.

"Tonight will be your last night in this organization." Mikey stated, signing the paper and then looked at me, folding his hands under his chin.

"Huh?" My eyes widened, I looked towards Draken who showed just as much surprise.

'So he didn't even mention this to Draken? What's going on?' I wondered.

"Mikey, what are you talking about?" I stood up, my hands fumbling with themselves.

"You'll no longer be a part of this gang. You can turn in your uniform tonight before you leave." Mikey said as if it was the most causal thing, like two guys who were discussing a game on tv. 

"Wait, but why am I supposed to leave?" I asked.

I stood in wait, there was no way Draken could answer, so I had to simply wait on Mikey. But instead of an answer, I got silence and cold eyes just watching me.

"Please, Mikey can you reconsider this? I've been with you since the beginning. I've never betrayed you, I've stuck by your side and have done everything you've asked of me." I held my hand to my chest. "I'll continue to be loyal to you! I can do more, I can do anything you want of me!"

I had to be careful and not let myself cry, I had to convince him otherwise.

"Mikey, what are you do-" Draken had leaned to ask Mikey but Mikey quickly put his hand out towards him to stop him.

Draken's eyes seemed to focus on the paper that was in front of Mikey, his eyes widening as he read it. He then opted to stay silent.

'What was on that paper?' 

"(Y/n), I will not say this again. You are done here." Mikey said sternly.

"You can't get rid of me without explanation! Mikey, I promise I'll do whatever it takes to stay. I don't want to leave-" I tried pleading with him in a last-ditch effort. How was I supposed to prove myself if I didn't even know what I did wrong?

The next thing I knew, Mikey's monotone demeanor changed as he slammed his fists on his desk as he stood up, startling both Draken and myself.

"I want you gone. You have always been a burden to me, to Toman, to everyone. You were worthless at your one job." He began. "You act like you do anything worthwhile for me. You just waste everyone's time, especially mine."

He walked away from behind his desk and made his way to stand in front of me. "Mikey, I'm sorry-I'll fix that, I promise I'll change I-"

"You mean nothing to me, you never meant anything." Mikey got close enough to be in my face now. "I really shouldn't have brought you in that day. That beat up kid that did the moral thing just because it was the right thing to do was worthless. He wasn't worthy of any sort of payback; it was stupid of me to think I owed him anything!" I stood still as he yelled at me.

Just like any other time I was yelled at, I stood there and took it. But now, for the first time, Mikey was the one yelling at me.

"Mikey, no matter how you feel I just want you to know that-" I didn't look at him as I spoke, I couldn't look him in the eyes.

"Save your words, they mean nothing." Mikey grabbed my chin to force me to look at him.

"Mikey!" Draken finally tried to involve himself with the situation.

"Do us all a favor and kill yourself already." Mikey said, his eyes boring into mine. As he spoke, anger wasn't present on his face anymore; it was just cold.

"Mikey!" Draken came over, grabbing Mikey's shirt by the back of his collar and forced him away from me, throwing him further back as he shouted at him.

But I couldn't hear what he was saying, it was like I was deaf. Only the words Mikey had said to me were repeating in my head. I watched the two fight, well more like Draken yelling at Mikey and Mikey not giving any reaction to it.

I made my way out of the room, my feet carried me out without realizing it. I turned back one more time to make eye contact with Mikey for a split second. I really don't know why but I smiled at him one last time, I couldn't help it. Even after everything that was said and done, it was Mikey, he was my reason to smile.

I walked silently through the empty building until I made my way out of it. I took a deep breath in; the sky was a beautiful sunset orange. Very few clouds were in the sky and the night air bit my skin. Plenty of people were still in the streets, cars zipping back and forth, it looked like everyone was on their way back from work. I walked in sync with the people on the sidewalk. It leads us all to the major intersection ahead. The crosswalk light was red and everyone was stopped.

Cars zipped past as people waited, but I had places to be. I pushed past the people who stood before me, annoyed whispers made their way to me as I got to the front. I smiled as I looked both ways, a car was barreling down the road. I took my first step into the street. My hands in my pockets as I did so, as if I didn't have a care in the world.

There were voices louder now, I think they were towards me. The words 'hey' and 'stop' were the clearest out of them all. It was weird, when a car just missed me I didn't even flinch, I just kept walking. It was odd to me how free I felt, maybe it was because it was what Mikey wanted? Maybe it was because I could end my pain, I truly didn't know. I heard loud honking over the screams that erupted from the crowd. When I looked to my left I saw a car making its way to me, it showed no signs of stopping on time. I stood still now and welcomed the impact.

////—////

3'rd POV

Draken raced down the street towards the commotion that was happening. He was aware of what he would probably find when he got there. Still, he prayed for an unrelated incident that just tricked him.

The crowed was thick on all sides. He physically had to push past people in order to get anywhere he could see; his height didn't do much for him in this situation. By the time he was able to make it to the front, the sound of police sirens were already in the air. It was clear now that there was a car accident.

"Oh god, someone help him!" A woman shouted.

"He's dead! There's no use, someone call the police!" A man replied loudly.

"Get an ambulance! He might be breathing still!" Someone else yelled.

The amount of voices made it hard to hear anything clearly, and nobody approached the actual scene itself until Draken decided to.

Draken looked at the car that was involved. The windshield was completely smashed in, nobody was in the car, but from the looks of it, the driver was out and on the phone. He had only minor cuts it appeared. But the hood and the upper interior of his car was covered in the smashed glass and deflated airbags. The hood of the car bared damage as well. It was dented in as if a heavy force had impacted with it.

He knew better than to pretend that was it, in fact, he was avoiding the real damage that laid right next to it. He was fully aware of what he would see if he acknowledged it. Draken wanted to avoid facing reality at all costs.

Even still, he let his eyes fall on the person on the ground. (Y/n) laid there, barely recognizable. The only things that made it clear to who he was were his clothes.

His body itself was covered in cuts, scrapes, and blood. In fact, his body was laying in a pool of blood, part of the liquid smeared across the asphalt, indicating he was thrown from the impact. At least one of his arms and legs were broken, they stuck out at unusual angles. The bone of his arm tore through the skin as it barely hung together.

If that wasn't disturbing enough, his head was the worst of it. You couldn't even make out a head because it was stuck inside the hubcap. Turning to the side of the car he could see tuffs of hair peeking out, bloodied.

"(Y/n)..." Draken whispered, but he knew he wouldn't get a response. He knew what happened. Above all, he knew one thing, there was no way   (Y/n) survived that.

Author's note: Hey guys, more alternate timelines for you. Just wanted to say again how excited I get to see favorites and comments. Your guys's support is so incredible and gets me so excited to write this. I really hope you all have a wonderful day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 3.3K 101
**My family** A half Japanese girl came back to her mom's hometown, and meet her childhoods friends. In order to get closer to her friends after leav...
5.6K 341 21
You and the rest of the founding members (Mikey, Draken, Baji, Mitsuya, Pah-Chin, and Kazutora) have been childhood friends for a very long time, whe...
5.4K 180 11
Every day, you wake up, remembering only small fragments of a distant memory. A past life maybe? Everything in that dream was dark. Especially him. ...
79.9K 2.5K 16
Y/N a person who takes care of tokyo manji gang and treated their wounds whenever they are bruised up, he treats them as his friends and family... ◼️...