The Billionaire's Wife (SAMPL...

By MJ_Cristine

Clarise Abegail is the only daughter of the Reyes's and one of the wealthiest family in the Philippines. She... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
!! PLEASE READ !!
!! PROMOTIONAL NOTE !!

Chapter Nineteen

22.7K 536 10
By MJ_Cristine

Two days after Abegail is still feeling low and couldn't get Ivan off her mind. Gwen had to visit her since Abegail claimed that she's not in the mood to shop or go out so Gwen being a good friend stayed the night over at her place.

"You're spacing out again are you still thinking about the fight?" Gwen nudged Abegail who is playing with her fork.

"I'm still feeling guilty sissy." Abegail uttered for like umpteenth times and Gwen is now immune to it.

"Since we are on identity topic don't you think it's time for him to know about Aurora too?" Gwen suggested the idea.

"Speaking of Aurora I kind of lied to him about her too." Abegail took a deep sighed.

"Which part?" Gwen stared at her.

"I told him he's not in the picture." Abegail detailed every conversation they had with her friend.

"Well you didn't totally lie most of it are true but why didn't you tell him? Eventually he will know about it because he is going to be your husband in few weeks." Gwen pointed out and that made Abegail sank on her seat.

"I'm not ready to give out that detail yet when we are just starting to get along and besides I don't want him to pity Aurora because of her condition and her situation." Abegail keeps twirling the fork on the plate.

"Tell him the truth it's better he heard it from you than elsewhere." Gwen advised her that makes Abegail think harder.

"I can't do that he is already mad and he will be furious if he finds out." Abegail spoke after a minute.

"Then it only shows that you accepted his insults." Gwen retaliates.

"Fine I will tell him but just to clear the issue he didn't actually insult me since he does have a point." Abegail felt she needs to justify Ivan's act.

"Why are you defending him all of a sudden?" Gwen eyed her strange friend.

"I don't, I'm just trying to see it from his side." Abegail drinks her coffee.

"Let's analyse it and your conflicting feelings shall we? First you forgive him easily the night that he insulted you while Wesley takes forever to get that." Gwen is counting on her fingers.

"Wesley is off the topic he cheated on me and he was my boyfriend." Abegail rolled her eyes.

"Bottom-line, they both hurt you and you're a type of person who is hard to be please not unless I convince you. In Ivan's case I didn't do anything it was all your decision." Gwen rationalized with her.

"Still it doesn't prove that I have feelings for him like you're implying." Abegail stands up on her seat.

"Second, the day Ivan proposed you were tense and eversince then you keep holding your mouth as if you're reviving the almost one time kiss you had with him here." Gwen made her another point.

"It's not only one time, he did it three times." Abegail statement made Gwen raised her eyebrow.

"And you are just telling me now?" Gwen put a hand on her waist.

"Because you're going to exaggerate it just like what you are doing now." Abegail groaned in response.

"Third, your eyes show admiration while he was with Aurora and then when you told me about the dinner you had with him in your clinic and I bet you never once think of Wesley eversince you met him." Gwen gestured her third finger.

"Wesley and I are over so why would I think about him. Regarding the dinner it was just simple getting along type of conversation nothing fancy about it." Abegail asserts but she won't admit that part is true.

"Fourth, at the engagement and interviews you've been gawking at him every chance you got." Gwen kept on counting.

"I've been observing Ivan's action that time not gawking." Abegail is getting frustrated with her best friend.

"Do you honestly think I will believe you?" Gwen gave an intimidating attitude.

"I'm not asking you to besides it will complicate our situation now that Ryan is involved." Abegail went to the sink and started washing their dishes.

"Why would he be?" Gwen stands beside her.

"According to Ivan, Ryan is allegedly is in love with me and if that is true they will get into a fight because of me. I know Ryan and if he wants something he will get it whatever its worth. Ivan on the other hand needs to marry me because we are obligated to do it." Abegail gave the cleaned plates to Gwen.

"So what's your plan?" Gwen dried the plates with the kitchen towel.

"I will talk to Ryan to confirm it." Abegail dried her hands.

"If it's true who will you choose to get settle down with? Is it Ryan who loves you or the guy you love?" Gwen gave her another opinion.

"There was never a choice to begin with sissy it's the fact that I can't change who I want to marry." Abegail closed the subject.

"You already outrun the best Lawyer with all your excuses." Gwen deflated since she can't win this argument with her best friend.

They were still on the sink tidying up everything when Abegail's phone started ringing. It was an unknown number and Abegail wishes it's not another media prying on her life. The moment the caller introduced herself she began to relax while Gwen is anticipating who it was.

"Who is it??" Gwen waited edgily.

"It was Lucy she wants us to meet in an hour to give the wedding invitations and I need to bring it to Ivan to discuss our guest list." Abegail checked the wall clock and noticed she still have time to prepare.

"Great now you have means to see Ivan and talk to Ryan instead mopping around here." Gwen leaned on the counter with a grin plastered on her face. "I'm going to take a shower before you start again." Abegail walked out of the kitchen.

"Make it fast so I can doll you up and make Ivan realize what he is missing!" Gwen yelled.

"What do you think of me a Barbie doll?!" Abegail hollered while Gwen moved to the living room.

"Are you going to take a shower or do I have to do that to you?" Gwen opened the TV and waited for her friend to finish.

"Okay Mom." Abegail cynical retorts that only made Gwen smiled.

After about fifteen minutes Gwen was already inside Abegail's bedroom and started to choose dress for her friend. Soon as she was ready Abegail drove to the coffee shop and chatted a little with Mrs. Mortiz before giving out the invitations and Ivan's office address. Abegail mapped it on her phone so she can find the easiest route going to Ivan's place.

Abegail reached Ivan's workplace that she easily distinguished from the rest of the buildings nearby. The design was truly majestic and it everything is made from glass from walls to the tower. It has 36 floors which she bet has a skyline view of the whole city by night

"Hi I would like to know where Mr. Mortiz office is please." Abegail went to the front desk politely.

"Hi Madam! You're his fiancée right?" The friendly receptionist smiled at her.

"Yes it is me how did you know?" Abegail was a bit shaken.

"Madam it's all over the news, anyway just take the private lift and it will directly leads you to his floor and his secretary will be there to assist you." The woman instructed her.

Abegail thanked the woman and gave a small pamphlet to her which will be a great help since she will spend a minute or two inside the elevator. Soon as the elevator pinged she fixed her dress a little before stepping out. Her eyes landed to the red hair woman who is enjoying caking her face than doing her rightful job.

"Hi! Can you tell Ivan that I am here?" Abegail tapped the woman's desk.

"Do you have an appointment with him Ms---?" The secretary snorted seizing at Abegail up and down.

"Right I didn't give my name it's Abegail he already know me." Abegail gave a curt smile sensing the woman's got an attitude problem.

"I'm sorry but I can't do that Ms Abegail." The woman declined her and flipped her hair.

"Yes you would because I am his fiancé." Abegail put an indention on the last word.

"He didn't tell me his engage." The nerve of the woman to do that now Abegail was right on her hunch.

"Maybe you're too busy applying lipstick that's why you missed the important news about your BOSS." Abegail didn't back down.

"Actually I'm busy with him last night if you know what I mean." The woman sneered and it made Abegail's blood to boil.

"Listen here Bitch, I am his fiancée so back off Ivan is mine!" Abegail claimed possessively wait --- what mine? She scolded herself.

"Then why he is at my place instead of yours?" The woman hits back just then Ivan emerged from his office.

"Abegail what are you doing here?" Ivan was surprised to see her.

"Ivan Honey, your Mom wanted me to give you our Wedding invitations but you're secretary demands that I need an appointment to see you." Abegail made sure to use the endearment again.

"Oh I'm sorry about that. Ms. Gilberto, next time Abby arrived let her in do you understand?" Ivan instructed his secretary that's gives Abegail a victory.

"Yes Mr. M." The woman nodded and went back to her desk.

"Come on let's discuss it in my office." Ivan gestured Abegail to walk with him.

Inside the office Abegail can already smelled Ivan's perfume that perhaps was already embedded on every corner. The interior is design is called Transitional style meaning it's a mixture of modern and traditional design. The receiving area has white modular lounged to the side and incorporate it with glass coffee table; the carpet is a tufted tiles that creates a calming and relaxing space for guest to sit; there's only one walls just beside Ivan's own pantry and the rest are smoked frosted glass.

"Your office suits your personality." Abegail sat on the lounge.

"Thanks and I think you didn't come here just to admire my office. Now tell me what was that all about?" Ivan guides Abegail to the lounge.

"What do you mean?" Abegail knew exactly it is she is just stalling him.

"Don't act I know what you did back there and you don't call me Honey unless there is something fishy about it." Ivan air quoted the word for her.

"I just give that bitch the taste of her own medicine she's being rude when I introduced myself." Abegail sat down.

"She wouldn't do that." Ivan believed Wynona can be a little rude but she won't try to do it especially with his clients or visitors.

"But she did you are too dense to see how devil she is anyway here are the invitations and your Mom told me to list the entire guest you wanted to invite." Abegail gave Ivan the small box.

"Just leave it I'll do them later do you have any more people invite aside from Gwen?" Ivan stared at Abegail's dress that made him bothered.

"Just Nanay Jena's family." Abegail tried to pull her dress down since it's too short for her taste.

Although the dress is a wrapped up blue color her curves are visibly shown and her cleavage is partly hidden. It was paired with back pumps and black purse too courtesy of Gwen whom she wants to curse right now.

"How about Aurora? Aren't you going to take her to the venue?" Ivan focuses on Abegail this time.

"I don't think it's possible but I'll see what I can do I'm her Doctor anyway." Abegail seems to relax after that intense gazing from Ivan.

"How is she by the way?" Ivan took one of the enveloped and checks it.

"Still doing the therapy thanks for the concern." Abegail did the same.

"Send my regards to her please." Ivan continued reading until both of them went in silent.

"Will do." Abegail answer while watching Ivan.

Abegail tried weighing Ivan's mood if he is in good mood or not. She wanted to open up about Aurora but she is afraid that he might lash out again and Gwen's words rang to her ear over and over. So after a heavy breathing and a bottle of confidence she speaks.

"Ivan, can we talk about what happened at the Engagement?" Abegail fiddled her nails.

"There's really nothing to talk about Abegail." Ivan eyes remains on the paper in front of him too afraid of what he might do to Abegail.

"We have to discuss it because you're right I did lie to you about something that concerns Aurora." Abegail knew this is the only chance to tell him.

"Go on I'm listening." Ivan folded his arms together.

"Aurora is not my daughter I meant not biologically." Abegail opens up.

"What?" Ivan chose to face Abegail.

"I met her while I was doing charity in the Orphanage that I have been supporting. To cut the story short I got attached to her since then so I took care of her medical bills and operation then later on I adopted her." Abegail briefly detailed him.

"It's not hard to like her she's a very smart little girl but why did you have to keep it?" Ivan got interested and forgets about his desire for a moment.

"I want to protect her from these cruel people and I don't want them to take pity over her just because she's sick and an orphan. Even though she didn't come from me I considered her as my own and I love my daughter." Abegail hope that Ivan will understand her.

"I can tell you're a great Mom to her and she deserves to have you. The kid experienced a lot of sufferings and pain and I was glad she found you." Ivan had a flashback of his first day with the kid and he couldn't help but smile.

"I just have one favour." Abegail bit her lips out of nervousness.

"Sure." Ivan nodded.

"Just don't let the Media know the truth I want her personal details confidential.

I don't want to overwhelm her especially on her condition." Abegail let her fears out with Ivan.

"I understand I'll keep my word." Ivan agreed without a fuss.

"Thanks now that this skeleton is out from my system I can took a breather. I will take my leave now, thank you for your time." Abegail started gathering her purse.

"Actually I wanted to talk to you about the contract, can you stay for a minute?" Ivan abruptly held her hand.

"What about it?" Abegail's eyes are now focused on their hands.

"I was thinking that maybe it's best to remove the clause #4." Ivan immediately pulled away that made Abegail a little disappointed.

"I thought you wanted to honour the marriage so there will no affairs?" Abegail concludes Ivan changed his mind.

"I don't want us to regret the chance of knowing someone that we might eventually fall in love with like your case with Ryan?" Ivan sat across Abegail.

"And you with your secretary." Abegail added with a little snort.

"How did Wynona get into this?" Ivan waited her next response.

"She seems interested on you." Abegail talks back.

"Why are you jealous?" Ivan countered seeing how the earlier encountered she had with his secretary.

"Why would I be it's not as if we are a real couple unless you are jealous over Ryan." Abegail gets even with him.

"I'm doing it for Ryan it's not about me." Ivan folded his arms while studying the woman in front of her.

Abegail on the other hand knew that he is doing it for him and Wynona because clearly he was blinded on the woman's love for him. Maybe they are really together last night that his secretary claimed to be and she has no right to get mad about it.

"Okay then let's forget about that clause." Abegail agreed since she cannot do anything more.

"Abegail... I also would like to apologize for acting like a bipolar according to you. I realized that your identity is very important to you, so for that I'm sorry." Ivan sincerely faced Abegail.

"I was at fault too but thank you for understanding; anyway I better get going I have a lot of patients today." Abegail stands up.

"I'll take you to the lobby." Ivan offered.

"No it's okay I got it." Abegail shook her head.

Ivan didn't listen instead he puts on his suit and just a few steps away from the door Abegail suddenly slipped on her heels. Ivan wasn't fast enough to catch her and she landed on the floor butt first.

"Are you okay?" Ivan rushed to her.

"Damn heels!" Abegail hissed when Ivan tried to touch it.

"I think its sprained but I have some ice pack for it." Ivan picked her up on the ground.

"Thanks." Abegail muttered.

Ivan was holding her securely while Abegail clasped her hand on Ivan's neck. Ivan gently placed Abegail on the couch and applied the ice pack on Abegail's ankle. Ivan started massaging it while Abegail was grunting but if someone can hear them from outside it sounded as if it was a moan. Their eyes locked and suddenly the surroundings become thick and everything began to blur. Without breaking the eye contact Ivan glides his rough hands on Abegail's leg then the door opens and both of them startled a little.

"Bro-- Izzie?" Ryan barged in.

"Ry!" Abegail's voice hitched.

"I'll go back later." Ryan walked away with jealousy ripping on his veins.

"I uhmm-- should go." Abegail pulled her leg down and wear the heel again.

"Are you sure your ankle is okay now?" Ivan worried face.

"Yeah, thanks for the help." Abegail nodded and walked slowly.

Ivan followed her just to make sure until she was at the elevator where Ryan is standing. Ivan head back to his office and called his brother after two rings Ian accepts it.

"Abegail was here and we talked and apologized both sides." Ivan started as soon as Ian picks up the phone.

"Than that's great you and Ate are back on good terms you won't bug me again." Ian chuckles at the other end.

"She mentioned something that concerns her daughter--" Ivan paused.

"And that is?" Ian is busy on the other line gathering some documents but the moment he mentioned the daughter he stopped.

"Aurora is her adopted daughter." Ivan revealed.

"Isn't it a good thing?" Ian stopped for a moment.

"How does is it such a good thing?" Ivan sat on his desk thinking.

"At least you knew the truth and no guys were involved with them. You can be a father to Abegail's daughter without a problem." Ian gave out this point of view.

"I don't know how to do that." Ivan sounded reluctant about it.

"Then how come you played the role of being a good father towards Aurora during her birthday?" Ian reminded him of that day.

"Ma told you I guess but in my defence the kid didn't have a father figure and I'm not that heartless." Ivan supported his action.

"The point is you made a way to get closer to the kid and that is something out of your character. Then you're going to tell me that you don't have any kind of affection towards Abegail?" Ian gave him another hint.

"What I did for Aurora is not a judgement that I am attracted to her mother. That is just me being human. I'm just doing the right thing that clearly her real father or rather family didn't do." Ivan convinced his brother.

"So you're willing to be part of Aurora's life not just play the role as her father even you know she's adopted?" Ian grilled him again.

"Of course! That little girl deserves to be happy." Ivan immediately agreed.

"Yet you're still dumb to figure your own feelings." Ian grumbled under breath.

"I'm hanging up my secretary is here." Ivan cut off the line not waiting for his btother's response.

"Yes Ms. Gilberto?" Ivan placed his phone on his desk.

"I just want to tell you that your Fiancée went to Ryan's office doing god knows what." Wynona rolled her eyes.

"That is none of your business Ms. Gilberto, just do your job." Ivan kept his tone cold and stoic.

"I really don't understand what you saw on that woman she's nothing compared to me." Wynona seems not minding that her Boss is glaring at her.

"Don't you dare insult her! She's far way different from a whore like you." Ivan suddenly yelled at Wynona and has the urge to protect Abegail from her.

"Does she know you were sleeping with me?" Wynona fired back.

"That was two months ago and you don't have the right to question me or my fiancée! Pack your things Ms. Gilberto and leave this building permanently. This is the last time I'll see your face here, you are fired!" Ivan stood up on his desk with vague expression.

"You are firing me?" Wynona couldn't believe it.

"Are you really that stupid or do I have to spell it for you to understand?" Ivan irritably told his secretary.

"You can't fire me." Wynona stood on her ground.

"Watch me." Ivan walked out of his office.

Ivan directly went to the stock room and took one of the empty boxes. He returned at Wynona's desk and in one swift motion he wiped out all her stuff.

"How can you do this to me? To us?" Wynona was now getting hysterical.

"There is NO US I made that perfectly clear you are just a woman that I fucked and nothing more. I should've fired you long time ago you better be gone when I'm back or I'll drag you out myself." Ivan left his secretary who is still packing her stuff and head out to the elevator.

At the elevator Abegail managed to catch Ryan on the elevator. They went to his office since Abegail wants to confront him about his feelings that Ivan insisted on him. She found out that Ryan is the business partner and a college friend of Ivan and that makes her feel awkward.

"Just take a seat anywhere you want." Ryan offered his friend.

"Nice office it's totally you." Abegail checked the surroundings.

"Can I offer you anything?" Ryan took the soda out of his own pantry too.

"Oh my!! You still have this?" Abegail saw the picture frame on Ryan's desk.

"Yup! That was our last picture after your high school graduation and the only reminder of you." Ryan hands her the soda that Abegail used to drink and like.

"I'm really sorry for not trying hard to contact you I just thought you got mad when I left without saying goodbye." Abegail placed the frame back.

"Izzie I can never be mad at you but I wished you could've told me your plans." Ryan sat in front of Abegail.

"I wasn't sure if Mom and Dad will allow it that time and when they did I called your phone but it was unattended." Abegail suddenly finds the ground appealing.

"We were on the way to Davao after graduation since my Lolo was sick and then my phone was left somewhere at the airport. Anyway let's just forget about it what important is we already met again and this time we have all means to be connected." Ryan gave her a wide grin.

"I agree all thanks to technology." Abegail giggled softly.

"Anyway what is it you wanted to talk about?" Ryan initiated the topic.

"Oh yeah right--- I know this may sound crazy but is true that you're in love with me?" Abegail fiddled her nails again.

"Ivan told you." Ryan can only guess right.

"It was by an accident when we argued the night of our engagement." Abegail told him the truth.

"I'm going to be honest Izzie when I found out that you're back I was beyond happy and eventually I have plans on dating you." Ryan held Abegail's hand.

"But I'm marrying Ivan." Abegail stared on Ryan's hand on top of hers.

"Izzie I know your marriage is just an arrangement heck I even suggested him to have affairs." Ryan is ready to receive a bunch of screaming from Abegail since it was really not good to be heard of.

"You did what?" Abegail pulled away her hand.

"Swear to God I didn't know it was you and the Company was at stake so desperate times call for desperate measures." Ryan explained in good faith.

"You didn't even think about the person's feelings when you made that ridiculous plan." Abegail is a little annoyed.

"Maybe no or yes but it's really up to Ivan if he wanted that." Ryan touched the base of his neck.

"Maybe hitting you with my shoe will clear your mind huh?" Abegail was about to take her heels off.

"I'm sorry okay I will even help you out on your marriage not to happen." Ryan tried to protect his head.

"It's too late for that you know I don't have a choice but marry him." Abegail sighed.

"You do have a choice Izzie I'm part of this Company and I'll help you to get out of the deal." Ryan gave her an option.

"I can't let you do that Ry you've worked hard for this company, while we were young you used to tell me this is your dream and you can't just throw it out because of me. I also don't want to ruin your friendship with Ivan and mostly my relationship with my parents." Abegail frowned.

"I'd rather lose my friendship with Ivan than lose you again and with your parents they will understand you believe me." Ryan is really determined and Abegail is sure of that.

"It's not that simple Ry." Abegail shook her head.

"It is if you don't have feelings for Ivan." Ryan countered.

"That is out clearly not a question to be answered." Abegail revolts the idea.

"I'll rephrase it do you have feelings for me?" Ryan saw Abegail is in deep thought.

"What will you get out of this I am still marrying Ivan no matter what?" Abegail try to ignore the question.

"There is one way to find out." Ryan went closer to Abegail and before she can react Ryan crashed his lips to her.

The kiss is soft like Ivan but this is different Abegail felt like she was being uncomfortable and kissing a siblings.

"RYAN?!" Abegail pushed him off.

"It's the only way I'm sorry." Ryan gives a disappointed expression.

"I'm sorry too but I don't feel the same way I love you like a friend maybe what you had is just an infatuation kind of thing I guess." Abegail speaks softly even know she knew it will still hurt him.

"It's okay now I have a closure that's has been long way overdue." Ryan really meant it.

"I hope it won't ruin our friendship I just got you back." Abegail just wanted to take back her words but she can't give Ryan false hopes that there will be anything for them.

"Izzie don't worry you won't lose me just because of that kiss." Ryan smiled even though he felt rejected and somehow relieved.

"So are we still friends?" Abegail smiled back.

"Of course that will never change you're just marrying my best friend." Ryan chuckled.

"For the sake of the deal yes." Abegail argued.

"You'd be surprised when you figured out it's not the deal." Ryan winked at her and the awkwardness is gone.

"You're just like Gwen she's the female version of you." Abegail couldn't help but compare him to her.

"Gwen?" Ryan scratched his chin.

"My best friend back in Arizona she was at the Engagement did you meet her?" Abegail briefed him a little.

"I can't remember but maybe what is she like?" Ryan wiggled his brows.

"I'm not telling you anything." Abegail knew exactly what her friend meant.

"For old time sake help your two best friends to find love like you did." Ryan teased her.

"Now I am your best friend too? Another thing you and love that's close to impossible like Ivan." Abegail rolled her eyes.

"Come on Izzie! There are a lot of people that night so please pretty tell me who was she among those woman." Ryan complained.

"Never mind you'll meet her again on my wedding day since she will be your partner anyway I gotta run." Abegail began standing up.

"Let's head out together since I have to go to Ivan's office." Ryan guides her to the door.

They both parted their ways at the elevator after exchanging numbers and promise to catch up again. As soon as Ryan head to Ivan's floor he saw that Wynona's table is clear and when he entered his best friend's office it was a mess.

"What happened here and where is Wynona?" Ryan can sense he had a very pissed off vibe.

"Fired." Ivan is organizing his desk.

"Why?" Ryan picks up some papers on the ground.

"She's becoming a nuisance anyway why were you here earlier?" Ivan fixed his desk.

"Oh I was to tell you the advertising agency is requesting a meeting to discuss about the launching." Ryan relayed the message.

"Ah good I'll just set up one with them as soon as I sort this out and got a new secretary." Ivan sat on his chair.

"By the way Izzie and I talked and we're good now." Ryan told him and Ivan can tell his friend is really happy.

"That's good I'm happy for you if you don't mind I'll get back to work since Wynona is not around." Ivan felt something steered up in him.

"Of course! Later bro!" Ryan tapped his shoulder and head out.

The moment Ryan left, Ivan fetch his phone again and called the only one who he can speak about it. He was getting frustrated since his brother is taking so long to take the call. Ian on the other hand excused himself in the board room when his phone keeps ringing for twice since his meeting started.

"What is it again now?" Ian answered after five calls from his persistent brother.

"If hypothetically speaking your conclusion is true about my attraction to her then what do I have to do?" Ivan immediately confides with his brother.

"Then go and tell her instead of talking to me, did you somehow lost your brain these days?" Ian is now ready to kill his brother since he couldn't focus on his meeting.

"I cant it's too late I saw them kissing and Ryan confirmed that they are okay meaning they are together." Ivan sat on his chair.

"So you are willing not to fight for her?" Ian questioned him in exasperate tone.

"I..." Ivan doesn't even know what to do.

"Kuya you better make up your mind unless you're willing to lose her for your best friend's happiness." Ian advised him.

"My friendship with Ryan is more important than her." Ivan was so confident with his response.

"Are you sure?" Ivan countered.

"Yes." Ivan confirmed but at somewhere at the pit of his stomach he felt he isn't.

"That's not what I saw during the Engagement if it's an act then I don't know anymore." Ian argued back.

"I was just doing what a normal fiance would do." Ivan justifies.

"You had your arms around her the whole time and you almost want to strangle me while we were talking." Ian pointed out on his stubborn brother.

"I don't okay." Ivan keeps denying to his brother.

"Do you think I believed that? Even Kuya Kenneth noticed how possessive you are over her unlike while you were with Nathalie." Ian compared his brother's action to his past relationship.

"What is your point?" Ivan touches his temples.

"I think you already figured it out you're just too stupid to realize it." Ian hanged up the phone.

The rest of the day Ivan couldn't focus on everything he does because Ian words keeps getting on his mind. He knew his brother is somehow had a point but Ivan totally denied what he is feeling towards his betrothed wife. Instead of dwelling on that issue he spent his days with work and just let the days passed.

The weeks had passed and everything about the weddingdetails has already been discussed. After the guest lists was made, Ivan mailedit to the families that were invited while his mother set up the meeting withthe wedding planner. Ivan decided to have a sunset beach wedding in an Island soit's far from the press. Abegail chose the flowers for the corsage, bouquet andeven for the aisle with a motif of red and white. All the guests will becatered by a Mortiz private plane to take to the island and they will stay atthe hotel that is also owned by the Mortiz.    

============================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 38K 56
An arranged marriage romance novel. Pretty cliche, completed! ** Could love ever be a part of an arranged marriage? Eleanor Hays never chose to be a...
3.5M 296K 55
When Alaia married the billionaire, Agastya Singhania, she was okay to be stepped in a loveless marriage. She knew from the start that she'd always...
333K 11.3K 33
||COMPLETED|| ||STAND ALONE BOOK|| ||NO SEQUEL|| - • Highest Rank : #37 in Romance on 21.05.2017. - "I want divorce." She said looking directly into...
79.8K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...