The Discovery : Sci-fi meets...

LostChild0017 tarafından

Humanity discovers a new habitable planet named XEROX-H43, and sends a scientific research ship to investigat... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 (Rewrite)
Chapter 2 (Rewrite)
Chapter 3 (Rewrite)
Chapter 1: Discovery (OUTDATED)
Chapter 2: The Eyes In Question (OUTDATED)
Chapter 3: An Angel's Limit (OUTDATED)
Chapter 5: The Ones From the Stars. (Part 1)(OUTDATED)
Chapter 5.5: The Ones From the Stars. (Part 2) (OUTDATED)
Chapter 6: Emergency Meeting (OUTDATED)
Chapter 7: A Staged Encounter (OUTDATED)
Chapter 8: City Carved from Stone (OUTDATED)
Chapter 9: Meeting the Lord (OUTDATED)
Chapter 10: Royal Meeting (OUTDATED)
Chapter 11: Getting Started (OUTDATED)
Announcement: Rewrite

Chapter 4: Meetings and Action (OUTDATED)

1K 30 4
LostChild0017 tarafından

The day has come. The castle was surrounded to the brim with people, waiting patiently for their king. On the top on the balcony, their blonde red skinned with a white suit of armor fitted with red mana crystals entered the light, clearing his throat to give a speech. The two besides him use a long blowing horn. The crowd goes silent. They then step back. 

"Subjects of the kingdom of Reizor! Today marks the 545th anniversary when our people were horribly massacred in the 4th realm, with it's hideous abominations; abominations immune to our 6th senses. Some of these mysterious monstrosities have managed to enter our realm, acting as eyes for the creatures beyond, some have never been found."

There was a pause before he continued.

"This annual ritual, in which we gather all of our young brothers and sisters, is to not only help them identify these beings when found but also to remind the next generation to not be foolish enough to invade, or to be arrogant to think that they are the ones above, looking down at the rest. With that, we will start this ritual, with a heyluk of silence for the fallen ones."

The silence falls on once again, with only the small gusting wind and the animals that roamed around that refused to be quiet. After the 80s was up, large doors to the castle swing open. The hall walls were decked out in paintings, paintings of the 4th realm, reserved for the peasants.

One showed a land with great glass towers, filled with the corpses and skeletons of their brethren, being crushed my a gray metallic beast that walked like a caterpillar. They both moved on to another, which featured a great black dragon being ripped apart from an invisible enemy. There was another where a creature in black, that is slightly invisible, kills one of the lords with it's black staff.

The kings, along with their families and the rest of the elite, away from the peasants, being shown the relics sealed firmly behind expensive crystal clear glass. There was a the black staff in the one, there also was a rectangular device made out of a mysterious material and glass, which presumably turned blue when a button was pressed. There was a book with pictures on it, some even portraying their own species.

...

Kerit, with it's hickory brown dirty fur, a strong black dog nose, with irradiating red eyes, with lots of muscles on it's arms and legs, making it fast dashed across the dark dungeon to the dungeon master, screaming "The Stench! The Stench! It's Here!". He started banging the door with all his might, nearly breaking it. The door opened. He swiftly made it to the master's room. He was sitting on his throne, wearing his pitch black enchanted steel armor with red mana crystals amplifying his power. All while wielding Bolejuner II on his back, a sword long large blade made out of the finest enchanted steel, that is said to cut through iron. 

"Kerit! What is with you? Have you gone mad to.."

"THE STENCH MASTER, I GOT A WHIFF OF THE STENCH OF A CREATURE IN THE DUNGEON! THE ONE FROM THE 4TH REALM!"

The dungeon master froze in place. He felt a cold breeze go down his spine, paralyzed of shock and fear. He started to breath heavily. A minute pass. He stands up and leaves the room. He walks down the red carpet to dark door, to a dark room, luminated by a purple sphere. He places both his hands, and starts to communicate with his majesty.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angels with their white tunic and float around the divine realm with it's glowing white skies and the sky blue lake that acts as a floor. Houses, magnificent classical houses with pillars and detailed art of it's occupiers, shone as their light hits the powder white stone bricks levitate in the air, housing the angels. At the top, were multiple floating arches made by the same bricks filled with detailed statue art of the ones that above the angels; the gods, while the arch floating on the lake below lead to the mortal realm.

Mala came out of the arch to the mortal realm and entered the arch gateway to the gods. There were multiple arches with diverse architecture with the name of the gods engraved at the top. One arch was made out of a tree, with blooming flowers, there was one with a mechanical door, one made out of aquamarine with flowing water acting as a curtain and finally the one with a renaissance architecture and the name plate reads 'Kalina'.  

...

On the smooth palm of Kalina's hands was a cute Kinuwa, a fury brown animal with big fury tale and smoke black eyes that is about the size of the tennis ball, mostly found in forests. They were made solely to entertain the goddess. She puts it gently on the ground, and it blazes off into the tree in front of her in which it calls home. She wanted to play and pet more of the animals before going to visit her little Ferrians. 

Then, there was a tingling feeling, that an angel had arrived to her room. 'An angel? At this moment?' she thought to herself. Condensing her angelic wings, her body starts to ascends and flies towards her home in the cool wind, in which her angels meet with her face to face. 'There must be something of importance for them to disturb my blissful moment.' 

Her home, a palace, was a massive magnificent monument build by Ferrians long ago, that shamed even the greatest of royal palaces today, to honor her, decked out with many maids who willingly joined her as her personal maid. The walls were made out of the toughest stone bricks painted in white that shined across the land, and the floor made of marble kept warm with magic. There were many rooms, with many purposes. Her favorite, was the one with the steamy hot tub and the sauna, in which she stays a millennia for. A castle for a goddess indeed. 

The dark brown wooden door reinforced with gold opened, revealing Mala. She kneeled down in front of her goddess, and bent her head to touch the floor. Kalina raised her right palm. 'You may speak'. The angel raised her head. 

"Oh great goddess Kalina, there has been a creature looking down your children without permission, one had no smell that belonged to the other great gods. I used my holy spell to reveal itself, but it dare not budge."

 "Oh great goddess Kalina, please lend me your strength to force it's hand to unravel it's hideous mask."

Kalina paused for a minute, digesting what the angel had just said. 

She decided to ignore it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The drip of water droplets to the small pond and the thumps of the alien creatures' movements echoed throughout the cave as RVER-15 searches for more samples. It has been two hours since it had arrived, searching for ores to take back to the ship, while also collecting the loot left behind by the natives like chestplates, helmets, swords, bows or silver and gold.

The glowing aquamarine crystal with shiny white edges luminated the front of RVER-15 (#003) with a blue tint. Scans indicate high radioactivity of sorts. It extended it's right robotic claw for an arm, and yanked it off the ground. The compartment box came out, revealing the containers. It took out a thick container that was effective against radioactive material, and placed the crystal carefully. 

Then, a sudden noise from an alien beast was picked up. It initiated it's cloaking mechanism, and continued it search. WOOSH. CRACK. An arrow nearly missed the drone. It started running to the drone. RVER-15 started to flee, deciding to return the luggage 4 hours earlier than expected.

...

"It turned invisible again." said Kerit.

With his new suit of armor, that was made of an enchanted black metal and powered my a mana stone, and a strong enchanted yellow bow that is said to penetrate steel, making him stronger, faster and more precise in his shots. He used his nose to follow, locate and aim to shoot and kill the creature. It had turned itself invisible, and seeming to be flying away from him.

"Don't have any weapons to fight I see." noted Kerit, breathing a huge sign of relief. 

He starts following it. It was swift and sharp, turning at tight angels while keeping most of it's speed. However, it will take long for it to get out once for deep in the cave. Kerit got closer and closer, taking another shot. Woosh... Crack! Missed again. As it got closer and closer to the exit of the dungeon, Kerit got faster and faster. He aimed again. Woosh! Crack! Missed yet again. Kerit started to panic a bit. Luckily, he had some help. 

...

The creatures of the dungeon were relentlessly charging at the direction of the drone, slowing it down, a few somehow managed contact and even scratch the RVER-15. WOOSH! SCREECH! CRACK! Suddenly, the arrow shot by the chasing alien, came very close, with the sides of the arrow touching the outer shell, to hitting RVER, making a little screeching sound.

RVER started accelerating, using all it's computing power to predict and move in accordance to maximize the speed gained and minimize times to decelerate. WOOSH! CRACK! The creature missed again.

...

Kerit took a deep breath and waited for the perfect moment to shoot his arrow. His companions start to be more and more aggressive, slowing it down, all while he was shots of getting closer and closer to his target. However, he sees it, the light at the end! He takes out another arrow, and steadily aim it at the creature. The creature will meet another large ambush in about a few seconds, this is when he would take his shot to kill the beast, concentrating as if his life depend of it. This was his last shot, and he knew it.

As a final assault to slow it down, there was a surprise attack by a horde of demons, an unpredictable move, forcing the creature to slow a lot. At this very moment, he released the tread of the bow. The arrow swished through the air. WOOSH! CLING! It was a hit. Straight to the back of the creature. His face and moment filled with bliss and joy however, was short-lived. 

The arrow, failing to penetrate, fell onto the ground, and the creature fled. The arrow, despite being a direct hit, despite being one of the most sharpest arrow of all time, with all it's high level enchantments, wasn't able to penetrate it's metal shell. He stopped in his track dropping bow. His faced turned grim and he starts to breath heavily. His kneels fall on the ground in defeat. The stench fades into obscurity as it exits the dungeon. 

"I..... Failed." he says to himself, before he starts to scream in anger. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day was almost over for the crew, and it was time for the meeting before the next. Dr. William Grant had arrived at the cafeteria, and sat down at the table where the others were waiting for him to arrive. Dr. John Hamilton starts the meeting. They all go around, asking around what they did, and their findings. 

Dr. Anna Williams and Dr. Carl Johnson was up first. They have done research of the biological life on the planet. They gave Dr. John Hamilton a report of all it's findings. The duo had found out that the life on XEROX-H43 was like a remix of what was on earth. They had also found the possible suspect for the mysterious powers these creatures have, the mysterious element that is found in the bodies of the fantastical creatures.

"Yes, your hypothesis is very good.  Hopefully we can analyze this mysterious element." said Dr. John Hamilton

"About that" Dr. Robert Rockefeller interrupted. 

"I have already analyzed it, with Dr. Anna and Dr. Carl"

"Oh.. Congratulations Dr. Robert Rockefeller. So what were your findings?"  asked Dr. John Hamilton. 

"I have made DAVID write a detailed report of my findings, which you can read right here." Robert laid the report on the desk and pushed it towards John, "The basics of how this element, which I temporarily call element-337, grants it the life of XEROX literal sorcery is because of it's 'radiation'."

"Radiation?" asked William.

"Yes, Radiation, but instead of destroying the DNA of the natives, it gives them the ability to cast real magic. For them at least." said Robert.

"For them?" asked John.

"Yes, because when it is exposed to the human skin in high concentration, it... well does what radiation does to our body, but in a magical way. Some parts might burn, some parts freeze, some parts get electrocuted and so on. It would eventually kill the human body. But only in very high concentrations, so the planet is still habitable." said Dr. Robert.

John turns to Dr. William Grant and Dr. Mike Florence who had little to say, then he turned to Melvin D Rogers, who had his hands crossed, waiting patiently for his turn. 

"Is there anything else you have found out about XEROX-H43, Melvin?"

Melvin took a deep breath. "Yes  Dr. John Hamilton, I have. Now, can I have all your attention to the screen please?"

Everyone turned to the screen. It first showed the insides of a run-down church, with a priest, elderly women, and a the little girl from before. There was a magic involved with circles, and then a woman with blonde hair, a halo and large wings with a silver tunic appeared. Melvin paused at it.

"What is that?" asked John

"Looks like an angel from that anime I used to watch as a kid." said Anna. 

Melvin unpause the footage. There was a conversation between the priest and the angel. Then, she looks at the drone, staring at it. It held its hands and a blinding light flashed in the room, then nothing. It then turned to the priest, telling that it changed it's mind. The footage ended there. 

"Did that thing just.... looked at the drone? When it was cloaked?" Carl asked Melvin. Melvin nodded. Everyone was in a bit of a shock. Melvin let them cool off before he showed the next clip. This time it was inside a tree, with with the tree people and the pointy ears. The 'angel' saw the drone, tried to reveal it, yet fails. They were stupefied, but not to the levels of the first clip. Then, there was the one with a RVER-15 drone, collecting a blue element-337 crystal. Then, an arrow, narrowly missing it, was spotted. A chase ensued, with the creatures seemly are able to coordinate well to slow the drone down. However, the arrow didn't seem to be powerful enough to penetrate the carbon fiber shell.

"Now there are more clips and footage of the other sapient life I wanted to show and discuss, but I felt that this was important." said Melvin.

"Now as you know, the two 'angels' seemed to have somehow spotted the drone, and shined a bright light at it, which did nothing. They then proceeded to ignore it. The creature that was chasing the RVER-15, somehow managed to coordinate with the animals to help slow it down, so it can shot the drone down WHILE IT WAS INVISIBLE." Melvin pointed out.

Questions starts racing everybody's mind. How did the 3 creatures see an invisible drone? Why did they shine a light at them? How did the aliens managed to coordinate such a move to slow down the drone in a short amount of time? There was so much they didn't know. Everyone starts putting their hands on their heads, except for Melvin.

Melvin stood up from his chair, cleared his throat. Everyone's eyes moved to meet his own. There was a silence at first. "Now these clips, that I have presented, all show that this planet is unlike any other we have been to. We have found magic, human aliens, fantasy creatures, and more roaming and living on the rock, thinking it is all normal. This ship, this expedition, is not adequate to fully understand what it contains." He said.

He takes a deep breath before he continues. 

"Dr. John Hamilton, I recommend, that we head back to Neon-17, to report our.... dubious yet factual findings to the AASE. They will then organize and set another expedition to set up the proper infrastructure and facilities to effectively research the fascinating beings on this planet, most likely us included, because we are the first ones to come here." 

John looked at everyone. They all seemed to nod in agreement. 

"Authorization granted. DAVID, head course to Neon-17, Jenvee star system."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks later.....

Hellena had started her journey to be a mage a few weeks ago. The little girl was ecstatic, because not only she had been accepted to a prestigious school, but also to be able to get out of the tiny village to go to a place called Vinchescot, a city of wealth, a city of mages, a city of education. However, there was a problem.

It takes a long and arduous journey across the dangerous rural roads to get there, where it is said that bandits would kidnap and sell little vulnerable children like her, to be sold off or used in inappropriate ways. However, despite the lurking dangers, she felt felt safe, most likely thanks to her grandmother's friend being around, who vowed to protect her from any danger.

It was nearing midnight. The pair set up a campfire, for Hellana to rest and sleep under, while her guardian would watch. She covered herself in her blanket, and pretended to sleep. How could she? Her mind was filled with the thought of being a mage ever since she got herself tested by an angel. It would take a while for her to go to bed. 

CRACK!

An arrow spitted Hellena's guardian in an instant, falling down, leaking blood everywhere. She knew there was danger. Hellena picked up her feet, and ran. Ran as fast as she could. Arrows were fired again and lands in front of her, slowing her down. Eventually, she tripped, and found herself surrounded by them; bandits, ugly bandits, whose thoughts only revolved around money and pleasure. They all look a bit thirsty. 

Hellena screamed, hoping somebody, anybody would come and save her. Their hands came closer and closer. PEW! A red light pierced the head of the leader, instantly killing him off. He falls to the ground. The bandits backed away and looked around but there was nothing. PEW! PEW! PEW! More starts loosing their heads to the red light, until all but one remained physically unharmed; Hellena.

A teal blue light beam then starts shining on her. Her body and legs start to be repelled away from the ground. She was flying. Flying to the beam. She looks above, seeing parts of the creature that decided to kidnap her. From the darkness, she could only see the metal that made the beast. She disappears to the beam, and the creature blasts off to the sky. 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

2.1K 37 3
death no one knows what comes after it, but waking up to finding himself alive yet in a different reality and especially when he has powers that he n...
11.3K 252 11
(NHS inspired work) In the year 2022, an ordinary day in America took an extraordinary turn as it was unexpectedly transported to an enchanting realm...
82.6K 2.1K 66
A portal between Earth and a fantasy world is discovered near a small town in Central Italy. How will the two worlds coexist? How will...
44.7K 574 6
Maple encounted another mysterious quest, but in another world?