Trisha's Diary

By _Seulrenity

Beatrice Lopez [COMPLETED] note: Please read TPTG (YOUTH SERIES 2) first before this one to avoid spoilers!! ... More

BEATRICE LOPEZ
Dear Diary, 02
Dear Diary, 03
Dear Diary, 04
Dear Diary, 05
Dear Diary, 06
Dear Diary, 07
Dear Diary, 08
Dear Diary, 09
Dear Diary, 10
Dear Diary, 11
Dear Diary, 12
Dear Diary, 13
Dear Diary, 14
Dear Diary, 15
Sincerely, Trisha β™‘

Dear Diary, 01

16 0 0
By _Seulrenity

#TD01

"Daddy! Daddy!" I called as soon as I got home from school. I looked for daddy around the house and I immediately saw him the kitchen

His eyes widened in surprise when he saw me. "Yes princess? You're home early," daddy said

I giggled. "Daddy! I have something to tell you. Come with me," I pleaded

His lips parted. "Wait princess. I'm cooking merienda for us. Just a moment, okay?" he said and went back to cooking

I reached for his hand and pulled him but he was too strong. "This is important daddy! Please?"

He faced me again and sighed. I gave him the puppy eyes. I though he finally gave in but I was surprised when he carried me. He faced the stove again with a spatula on his other hand. He was frying churros in a hot pan.

I groaned. "Daddy naman e."

He chuckled. "What? Don't you want to help me cook? You told me before you want me to teach you how to cook."

"But I have something to tell you nga po."

"Hmm?" 

He wasn't even paying attention to me. He flipped the churros and got some out that were already cooked. He rolled it on a plate filled with sugar and cinnamon then put it in a plate together with the rest of it that was cooked. My mouth began to water while staring at the delicious churros. He smiled when he noticed me. He got one for me and feed me.

"Is it good?"

I nodded. "Always papa," I replied while chewing. I got the churros from his hand and finished it.

"Pagkain lang lagi ang katapat mo."

I pouted. After he's done making meryenda, finally we sat down on the living room and I got the chance to talk to him. He placed the plate with churros on the center table and faced me.

"What is it that you're going to tell me princess? Seems like it's very important," he jokingly said

I nodded. "Yes po. I met this boy in school daddy. He's my classmate and he's a year older than me."

His brows slightly furrowed. "A boy huh?"

"His name is Keith but I like to call him Kai because that's his nickname. Noong lunchbreak namin, I saw him eating alone sa table. Nilapitan ko po siya at sinamahang kumain ng lunch. I also shared my baon with him."

He nodded while listening attentively. "Okay. How sweet of you princess."

I smiled. "That's the first time we met po. From then on, lagi na kami magkasama mag lunch. I've been wanting to tell you this story but you were just too busy daddy. Ang dami na po naming napag-usapan. We immediately became friends. I also told him you're a lawyer and a great cook!"

He smiled back. "I guess you two both get along with each other. I'm glad you made a new friend in school."

I sighed and pouted. "Actually, naiinis ako sa kanya."

"What? Why? I thought you guys are friends?" he chuckled

I frowned. "Kasi daddy, akala ko noong una friendly din siya pero noong kinausap ko siya, ang sungit niya bigla. I feel like he doesn't want to be friends with me. Shinare ko ang baon ko sa kanya dahil naawa ako na puro fried chicken ulam niya o kaya egg then he got mad because I was treating him like a child. I don't know why he's like that."

"Oh..bakit kaya? Tell me, is he bullying you?" he asked seriously

I immediately shook my head. "No daddy. Hindi naman po niya ako inaaway."

I looked at daddy and he looked confused. I decided to eat another churro as I go on with my story.

"Pansin ko rin po na sa'kin madalas siya masungit. Sa iba ko pong classmates hindi. He treats them nice. Noong nahulog yung bag ng friend ko, tinulungan niyang kunin yung nalaglag na gamit sa sahig at binalik iyon sa bag. Isa pa noong nanghingi ng tubig yung kaklase ko, binigyan niya mula sa water bottle niya but when it comes to me, he does nothing but eat my baon!" I whined

I heard daddy laughed. "He must be a good kid princess."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "But he's so cold and masungit."

He then gently patted my head. "I'm sure you two will get closer. The fact that he eats with you and your baon means he's comfortable with you. Maybe he's just shy Trisha."

"Shy? Mabait naman ako e," I said. "I mean, he doesn't talk much to our classmates. He's always alone. He's weird."

"What made you approach him first? Do you...find him cute?" he teased

I pressed my lips. "Uhm...medyo po. Actually, some of my classmates have a crush on him. They're just too shy to talk to him and maybe intimidated. I'm not sure if he's aware of that kasi lagi siyang may sariling mundo."

"Hmm, I can tell you have a crush on him too."

My eyes widened in shock. "Daddy!"

"It's okay princess. Wala namang masamang magka-crush. No need to be shy. You can't hide it from me," he smiled

"Fine. I guess I have a crush on him that's why I approached him first. What other way to get noticed by my crush none other than to share him my baon?" I giggled

"My princess. You're growing up so fast. Remember to protect your young heart," he reminded. "Out of all your friends na kinwento mo sa'kin, siya lang ang lalaki. I was intrigued. I hope I can meet him someday. I want to get to know him more."

"I know you're protective of me daddy. I, too, want you to meet him too but I'm not sure kung gano'n din siya. Gusto ko mas maging close pa kami e kaso ang hirap. Help me daddy."

He chuckled. "What can I do princess? I'm sure he'll grew fond of you once he get to know you more."

I looked away and began to think of a way to get closer to Keith. "They say that a man's heart is through his stomach," I said and shifted my gaze back to him. "Dagdagan niyo daddy ang baon ko para ishare ko ulit sa kanya."

"Is that so? Okay. I'll cook delicious meal for you two."

My face lit up. "Thank you daddy! You're the best."

He flashed a charming smile. "Anything my princess."

"Tapos ito pa daddy, did I mention how smart he is too? He helped me with my math homework and-"

We were then interrupted by a phone call. It was daddy's. He took his phone out of his pocket and answered the call.

"Yes, hello Sir?"

He put the call on hold and brought his attention back to me. "Let's continue later princess. Daddy has a client to meet."

I pouted. "But daddy.."

He smiled and planted a kiss on my forehead. He stood up and left me. He went up to his office with a phone call.

I sighed. "Marami pa akong kwento e." I then stood up and decided to bring the plate of churros upstairs to my room. I walked passed his office and saw he's reading some paperworks. I went straight to my room and cleaned myself up. 

Dear Diary,

Today is another special day. Kai and I talked again. We ate at the same table during lunch and I shared him my baon. I'm so happy because he loved the sushi that daddy made eventhough we had a small fight about it. It's only been a week since we started talking and little by little, I got to know him more. His family, his hobbies, his cute gestures even his masungit aura that I find charming. Sana magkabati na kami bukas. Sana ay hindi na siya mahiya sa'kin. I hope someday, we'll get closer to each other. 

My kai, cutie pie! <3

I smiled after I finished writing in my diary. I then put some cute stickers below to make it pretty. Afterwards, I closed my diary and put it back inside my bag.

The next day at school, I saw him again eating lunch alone. Meanwhile, I'm with my friends on the other table eating together. I caught him looking at our direction every minute. I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Trisha. Di ba crush mo si Kai?" my friend Chloe teased

"Oo nga. Di ba lagi mo siyang kasama tuwing lunch? Sabay kayong nakain," Sheena added

I looked down at my baon that I haven't eaten yet. Kanina ko pa gustong kainin iyon pero pinipigilan ko lang. I looked at Kai again and my eyes widened when he was looking at me too. I immediately avoided his gaze.

I cleared my throat. "Ha? Hindi 'no. Hindi kami close. Bahala siya diyan."

They laughed. "Anong problema mo? Bakit bigla kang bad mood? Is it because of him?"

"Inaway niya ako e, so bakit ako ang manunuyo?!"

Their lips parted in shock. They went silent by my sudden outburst.

I sighed in frustration. "How annoying," I murmured. I felt bad and embarrassed at the same time. My friends looked at me, confused and they just continued to eat

"Tris?"

My heart skipped a beat when I heard a familiar voice from behind. I looked at my right and was surprised to see Kai standing in front of our table. 

"Hi Kai!" my friends greeted happily

Kai only gave them a small smile then shifted his attention back to me.

My brows furrowed. "Anong ginagawa mo dito?" I asked, irritated

He swallowed hard. I didn't know if he looked nervous of shy. He was holding on his lunchbox tightly. 

"Are you not going to eat lunch with me?" he asked in a soft and warm voice

Why is he so cute? Ugh! I'm supposed to be mad at him. Whatever he is doing right now, it's surely working.

He looked at me innocently like the same way I used to look at my daddy whenever I ask him to buy me something that I wnat.

I scoffed. "Bakit? Wala ka bang baon?" 

My friends were in shock by the way I sounded rude to Kai but I ignored them. I clenched my fist because it was hard for me to resist Kai when he's looking at me with those puppy eyes. I felt like my heart is about to burst. This is torture!

His eyes lowered on the ground. "Hmm, wala. I was waiting for you to uhm, join me."

I inhaled deeply. "Why? Habol mo lang ba ang baon ko? Ano ako? Canteen?"

My friends laughed but Kai remained silent. I immediately felt guilty and thought I crossed the line. I must have hurt him. Nagpapakipot lang naman ako kasi gusto ko siya mag-sorry sa'kin. Konti nalang ay bibigay na ako.

 I thought he's going to add more but I was disappointed when he turned his back on us and walked away. He returned to his table and laid his head on top of it, decided to just skip lunch and sleep instead. 

"Lagot ka Trisha. Inaway mo si Kai," Chloe said in a threatening yet mocking tone

My lips parted while watching him from a distance. I looked at my baon and back to him. He's now sitting properly while staring blankly at his lunchbox. I swallowed hard. Then it hit me. I hated myself for treating him rudely. He didn't deserve it.

"Hi Keith!"

I panicked when I saw one of our girl classmates in front of his table. They started talking. Pabalik balik ang tingin ko sa kanilang dalawa. With that, I got up on my seat together with my baon and quickly walked towards them. My baon almost fell on the floor when my classmate bumped into me. 

"Can I join-"

And before the girl could speak, I immediately cut her off.

"Excuse me!" 

Both of them looked at me in shock. I gulped. My grip tightened on my baon.

"Oh, hello Trisha," she greeted with a smile

My lips twitched but I managed to smile back. "Hello."

I can feel Kai's eyes on me. I looked at him and his lips were parted.

Quickly, I sat on the chair next to him and placed my baon on top of the table. "I'm sorry but I'm with Kai and he's with me."

She blinked a couple of times. "Ha? Ohh, uhm...sorry. I thought he was alone. Sasamahan ko sana siya kumain," she said shyly

"I'm sorry I was late Kai," I told him. He only gave me a small smile. I looked back at the girl in front of us

"Sige, uh, una na ako."

I smiled sweetly. "Okay. Take care. Enjoy your baon!"

She nodded and quickly walked passed us. I sighed and glared at Kai.

"Hi.."

I rolled my eyes. "Hi ka diyan."

"Are you still mad?"

"I'm hangry," I said and began to eat. Kumalma na ako ngayong nakakain na. I then pushed my baon to Kai so he can have a taste too. "Oh, ayan na. Tiniis ko na hindi muna kumain kanina."

"Why?" he asked and took a bite of the vegetables

"Because of you."

His brows furrowed, confused.

I sighed in frustration. "Slow mo naman. Syempre hinihintay kitang suyuin ako."

His lips parted. "Oh, about the other day, I'm sorry for what I said to you. I'm just like that sometimes," his voice turned soft

I pouted. "I'm sorry din kung ang rude ko kanina sa'yo. Hindi naman kasi kita matitiis e. Kainis ka. Yung itsura mo pa kanina, paawa effect."

He chuckled. "Me too. I thought you don't like to hang out with me anymore."

I shook my head. He took another piece of shanghai and ate it. He must be starving since he almost ate all the shanghai.

"Masarap ba?"

He smiled. "Yes."

I sighed in relief. "Muntikan na akong maunahan kanina.."

"What?" he asked then realized what I was talking about. "Oh, she asked me if she can join me. I was about to give her an answer but then you suddenly appeared out of nowhere," he teased

I avoided his gaze, a bit embarrassed.

If I didn't make it on time, he probably would have agreed to eat with her and they're probably eating together right now.

"But just so you know, you're the only one I want to eat with."

I swallowed hard and slowly looked at him again. "Because? Masarap lagi baon ko?"

"No. Hindi lang dahil sa masarap ang baon mo kundi lagi ka ring may masarap na baon na kwento. I enjoy eating with you and listening to your non stop kwentos. It's fun. These little things make me happy."

My heart fluttered. "Really?"

He smiled sweetly. The first time I saw him smile like that. "Yeah. I hope we can have more moments like this in the future."

I felt my cheeks heat up. I filled my mouth with food to avoid the awkwardness I'm feeling. He found it funny.

"Eat slowly Tris."

I shut my eyes and chewed slowly. I drank water after. "Kai.."

"Yeah?"

"Can we be bestfriends?"

He stopped and looked at me. "Aren't we?"

"I mean, like super duper close friends."

He chuckled. "Of course we can be bestfriends."

My eyes widened in surprise. "Really? Yay! Starting today, we're bestfriends."

"Gusto mo lang siguro na may magturo sa'yo ng math," he teased

I pouted. "Hindi ah. Well, I'm luck that I have a smart bestfriend."

He flashed a smile. He got shy by my sudden compliment.

"Thank you Kai, my cutie pie!"

We went back to eat and began to share each other's stories. Today was a great day afterall. Not what I expected. I guess my best moments are with him. When I got back home from school, I immediately rushed to my room and wrote on my diary.

Dear Diary,

This is the best day ever! Kai and I are now officially bestfriends! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 4.9K 135
An epistolary Started: October 2022 Finished: December 2022 #1 Epistolary (02-2023)
3.2K 99 6
NEW ENGLISH VERSION - PART 2 based on something I had in mind for season 3. (Originally written in Hebrew, sorry if there are some grammar mistakes.)
23.5K 685 47
- Slow updates - Short chapters - it's just a title but doesn't mean there will be a lot of cheating Please. Ignore my grammar mistakes. English is...
35.1K 978 23
read all because of detention first! βœ”οΈ: november 11 sequel.. relationships will be tested..