Cupid Shinobi: Naruto Fanfic

By Ryuu_Tsukima

*The art cover is by our lovely friend @EMOPHASEWHENIWASAKID* Y/n is known as the Cupid Shinobi in the villag... More

Y/n Bio
Y/n Kanroji Kocho
Team Assembles
Meeting and Training
Let The Test Begin!
You Fail!
The Demon Vs. The Slayer!
Be Prepared
New Healing
Round 2 Leaf vs. Mist
Fate meets again
What happened?
New Improve
A Good Day
Y/n x GN! Reader One shot
Chunin Exam
Meeting new team!
Rookie Face Off!
The Written Exam
Tenth Question
Death Forest!
Unknown Threat!
Snake Vs Butterfly
The Heartbreak
Love Rage
The Third Test
First round
Puppet Master
Cupid's Sadistic
Team 7B's wrath
The Power of Wind and Shadow
Top Dog Unleash!
Naruto's Surprise Weapon!
Byakugan Battle!
Stand out!
The Power of Youth!
Forbidden Secret Jutsu
A Splendid Ninja Is Born!
Interview Q&A
Shadow in Darkness
The Stone Sensei
Stone Heart
Deadly Heart Attack
Sheer Cold
The Bounding Day
Bonding With Poison
The Evil Hand Revealed
The Final Round
Byakugan vs. Shadow Clone
Ultimate Defense
A Failure's True Power
Hit it or Quit it
Zero Motivation
Dancing Blood Lust
The Technique Is Born!
The Konoha Crush Begins!
Village in Distress
A Call to Strike
Hokage Battle Royale!
A Mistake from the Past
Dead Demon Consuming Seal!
Panda's Identity Emerges!
Pushed to the Edge!
Assassin of the Moonlit Night
Light vs. Dark
The Sand Demon
Cursed Mark AU
Ninja Handbook
Interview Q&A Part 2
The Third Hokage, Forever...
Return of the Morning Mist
Sharingan vs. Sharingan!
Potential Disaster!
Roar, Chidori! Brother vs. Brother!
Hate Among the Uchihas: The Last of the Clan!
A New Training Begins: I Will Be Strong!
Keep on Training: Pop Goes the Sound!
The God and The Angel: Unforgettable Night!!

A Dangerous Mission!

8K 263 318
By Ryuu_Tsukima

No One POV

"Y/n reporting from point A."

"Sasuke reporting from point B."

"Sakura reporting from point C."

"...Naruto reporting at point D. Believe it!"

"You're slow Naruto," Kakashi said through the headset. "Okay, Squad 7...hm... the target has moved! Follow it!"

Y/n crept behind the trees quickly, not making a sound to alert the target. His eyes were now focused like an archer on watch out. 

He has to focus so he would see the target since they're small.

"What's your position?" Kakashi asks. "Five meters," Naruto answered, "I'm ready, just give the signal."

"Two meters," Y/n answered as well, "I'm ready when you guys are."

"I'm ready too," Sasuke asked. 

"So am I!" Sakura followed up.

"Okay...now!"

As soon as he gave the signal Y/n moved swiftly and scooped up the cat into his arms. The feline began to struggle a bit, but Y/n loosen his grip and stroked the cat's head gently. 

The cat calm down as it was also sniffing Y/n's hair a bit then started to nuzzle his face and purr.

"Aw... I wanted to get him!" Naruto pouted. "Ara? Um...do you wanna hold him?" Y/n asked, hoping to cheer him up. 

Naruto nodded his head as Y/n gentle passed the cat to the Uzumaki. Unfortunately, the cat immediately started attacking him and made him fall to the ground in pain as the claws started to get into his face.

"Does he have the ribbon on his left ear?" Kakashi asks, being aware of what's happening. "Affirmative," Sasuke answered, not paying attention to the sounds of pain and struggle behind him as Naruto tried to get the cat off of him, and Y/n tried to help both Naruto and the cat.

"We got a positive I.D." He continues once Y/n got the feline off of Naruto, making the cat now be relaxing and pure again once it started nuzzling him. Making Naruto go on an outrage.

"Good. Lost pet Tora, captured. Mission accomplished." Kakashi declared. 

"CAN'T WE GET A BETTER MISSION THAN THIS?! I HATE CATS!" 

Naruto screamed through the headset, causing Y/n to yelp in pain and quickly take it out. Kakashi crashed to the ground from the loud noise. Sasuke winced and threw the headset as Sakura started to yell at Naruto.

The cat placed its paw on Y/n's face, causing him to close one of his eyes. "H-Hey! Those tickles!"

Y/n laughed as he tries to breathe but it wasn't helping as the whiskers were also tickling him. Naruto and Sasuke blushed at the butterfly boy as he was confused by his team's behavior.

Meanwhile unknown to them a certain silver hair also blush a bit before clearing his thought.

"Don't get too attached, Y/n. Tora has a home to get back to." Y/n sighed and pouted a bit, "I know, I know."

Scene Change Jutsu:

"I think I now know why he ran away." Y/n sweatdropped as he's watching Tora getting squashed by a hug, from his owner. Kakashi rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as Naruto was enjoying the cat's misery, "Stupid cat! He deserves to get squashed!"

Sakura shook her head in sympathy for the poor feline while Sasuke, well being Sasuke showed zero emotion towards the cat.

Lord Third drew their attention by picking up some papers. "Some of the missions we have available are... babysitting the Feudal Lord's three year old, helping his wife do the shopping, digging up potatoes in the-"

"No!" Naruto shouted, cutting him off, "I want to go on a real mission! Come on old man!" He says while forming an 'X' by his arms.

"HOW dare you!" Iruka yelled, standing up. "You're a brand new Genin with no experience, so you start with a small mission and-"

"I kind of agree with Naruto." 

At that moment everyone quickly turns to see the comment came from Y/n. His cheeks were pink a bit as he got a hold of himself, "I mean...there have to be some more serious missions that we can do. Even if we're still Genin with little experience."

"Exactly like he-!"

Naruto got cut off when Kakashi punched his head. "Will you put a plug on it?" He spoke. 

"Naruto!" Lord Hokage addressed the Uzumaki. "It seems you don't understand..."

Y/n got distracted when he saw two butterflies playing outside. He then zones out on what Lord Hokage was saying and just watches them flying around. 

Naruto was rambling about ramen that had yesterday while the others listened. No one was listening to the Hokage's little speech.

He now had noticed that they weren't paying attention, because he shouted, "Hey! Are you listening!" 

Kakashi rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Heh... sorry."

"Ah! You're always lecturing me like you're my grandfather or something! Well, I'm not that little kid that pulled pranks anymore! I'm a ninja and I want a ninja mission!" Naruto said while he turned away and pouted... almost like a kid.

'I'm getting a vibe that their relationship is almost like family.' Y/n giggles to himself. 

Lord Hokage began to chuckle. "Naruto wants us to know that he's not a brat. He's a former brat, and he wants a mission. Very well." 

Y/n looked up in surprise along with the other two gasped. "If you're so insistent, I will give you a C rank mission. You'll be a bodyguard on a journey."

'Huh, that's a good one. It's better than doing yard work, plus it's not like some crazy mission. So, it even out our experience, Lord Hokage thought this through.' Y/n thought.

"Really? Yes! Who are we guarding? A princess? Or some big wig councilor?" Naruto asks excitedly. Y/n giggled a bit from all those things Naruto said.

"Don't be so impatient. I will bring them in now. Send in our visitor!" The Hokage called. Is the door open as Y/n was introduced to the smell of... sake? 

Y/n hold their nose a bit from the smell, he turns and sees an old man in a straw hat and holding a bottle of sake.

His cheeks are dusted pink, signaling that he's drunk. That hat is handmade, he must've made it himself. 

"What the-? A bunch of snot-nosed kids?" The man demanded. "And you, the small one with the idiotic look on your face, you honestly expect me to believe you're a ninja?"

"Hahaha!" Naruto laughed, "Who's the small one with the idiotic look on his-huh?" 

The Genin all lined up in order of their height, Sasuke is first since he's the tallest. Then it's Y/n and Sakura being almost neck and neck, though Y/n is a little bit taller. 

And now the last is...Naruto. He seems to realize this and tried to charge at the man. "I'll demolish you!" 

Y/n was quick to react as he was behind him and hug Naruto to hold him back. "Naruto, you can't do that to a client," Y/n said while shaking his head. 

Y/n turn to the client as he made Naruto bow at him. "Um... sorry about that."

"Seems that one brat gets it." The client rambled a bit. He gulps some of his sake before speaking, "My name is Tazuna, a master bridge builder and I return to my country. I'm building a bridge there that will change our world and I expect you to get me there safely, even if it cost your life."

'Well...that escalated quite fast.'

-Time Skip Jutsu-

At Y/n's house, he's currently packing some things in his backpack. So far, he has some medical supplies that he recently bought, fresh knew kunai and shuriken, oh he also was able to purchase some tools to clean and sharpen his sword. 

Right now, he's in the kitchen just to grab a few snacks, in case he or some of his team gets a little hungry.

Knock

Knock

Knock

"Hmm?" Y/n turned as he hears his door be knocked on. He wasn't expecting a guest now, was he? He walks to the door carefully and sees who it is. 

'What the,' it was Iruka-sensei.

He open the door and see that it was Iruka. "Moshi Moshi! What can I do for you Iruka-sensei?" Y/n ask as he gave a close eye smile. 

"Please just call me Iruka, since I'm no longer your teacher I think the sensei isn't necessary," Iruka says as he scratches his cheek a bit.

"So, what is it that you need?" Y/n restated his question. 

Iruka snapped out of his thought as he remembers why he was here. "Oh! Right, I was hoping you can check on my wounds since you were my doctor during that time." 

Y/n remember that Iruka had gotten injured and that he patched him up.

He nodded and open the door to let Iruka in. "You can just sit on the couch while I bring the kit," Y/n instructed. 

Iruka went to the couch to sit while Y/n goes upstairs to get most of the supplies while a few were in his bag. He came back and now it was time to check Iruka up. 

"Okay! First, I need you to remove your shirt so I can examine your body. I just want to see if there's any spot that needs to be cleaned up." Iruka nodded and take off his shirt. 

However when he did... Y/n remember what happened the last time his shirt was off.

'Eh?! It's more ripped than how I last saw it!' Y/n blush a bit when he realizes that he was staring.

Meanwhile, Iruka also remembers what happened as well and it didn't help Y/n getting close to his body. 'Ugh! I can't take these feelings off of me! I feel like I got shot by cupid, better yet him!'

"Hmm... so far that fatal blow you have is recovering fast. If anything, you just need to relax a bit like not to do many exercises, stretch a little bit but not a lot. I believe that you'll fully be back to normal, in about tomorrow morning to be honest." Y/n analyzes as he goes through the supplies and starts cleaning the wound before freshly wrapping it up.

"O-Oh really? That's great." Iruka said but he mentally curses himself when he stutter a bit. 

Y/n caught the slip up as he panics, "Are you okay? Did I put too much pressure or-"

"No! I mean no you're fine it's just..." Iruka tries to finish the words, but he doesn't know what will happen if he finishes them. 

Iruka looks around and sees the backpack on the floor near the small kitchen counter. Y/n follows his eyes as he 'realizes' what Iruka was saying. 

"Oh? If you're wondering about what I was bringing then it's just some weapons, medical supplies, and I was just about to put in a few snacks for when we get hungry."

"I still can't believe Lord Hokage just did that. Most Genin that would ask for it he would just ignore or give the same D rank mission but make it a bit higher." Iruka say as he shook his head. 

"Don't worry, I'm sure Naruto would be fine. He has us so if he gets stuck then we'll be there." Y/n giggles as he finishes wrapping.

"Okay! Whelp I'm done, I also need to finish packing since Naruto is gonna lead me out with him. So I hope your recovery gets better." Y/n said as he get off of the couch. 

He zip up his bag and was gonna head out. "Actually," Y/n turn to see Iruka and tilted his head. 

"How about when the mission is over... you and I spend some...time together?" Y/n face turns crimson from that. 

"Y-Y-You m-m-mean on a d-d-date?" Y/n ask but was stuttering crazy. He couldn't believe what was happening, Iruka is asking Y/n out? 

On a date?!

"Yes... so is that a yes?" Iruka asks. It was told that Iruka was nervous, not only for him but also for Y/n. 

He's the worry that he'll think that he was a pervert and would hate him. Or worse tell the whole village and make them hate him. 

'Maybe this is a bad idea.'

"No! I mean yes!" Y/n shouted before he shut himself up. Silence filled the area as Iruka couldn't comprehend what he just said. 

"Did I say that out loud?" Iruka asks.

Y/n nodded his head, "You did and... I think it would be fun! So after the mission right?" 

Y/n ask while he was shy to where he was looking at the ground. He felt a hand that grabbed his face leading him to see Iruka showing a close eye smile, "After the mission."

Iruka let go and take off, 'I did it!'  Meanwhile, Y/n was blushing where some steam came out of his ears, 'We never hang out so it might be fun! Like a catch-up!' 

He hears a knock as he goes and sees that it's Naruto.

"Hey, Y/n! Ready to head-", he stops himself when he sees Y/n smiling but not as he was before.

"Did something happen?" Naruto asks. Y/n nodded his head fast, "Y-Yeah! I found something that I've been looking for for some time."

Naruto believe him and the both of them started to head out. When they got there they realize that they were the last to arrive, everyone else was just standing outside of the village gate.

"Ara ara? We arrive after Kakashi-San?" Y/n ask when they approached. Kakashi had a look of being an offensive. 

"What are you talking about? I'm very punctual." He wined. Y/n giggles a bit, "Uh-huh? Sure~."

"Well, if you're all done chatting." A grumpy voice coming from Tazuna, "Can we get a move on?" Kakashi's face turns serious, "Right, let's go."

"I can't wait to see some action!" Naruto cheered while he was rubbing his hands together. 

Y/n sigh a bit, "Naruto, you do know that there's hardly a chance where we get any action right?" He ask while he was tilting his head a bit.

"Of course, there will be, we're on a real ninja mission. So there's got to be some action." Naruto claimed positive. 

"Naruto, you are such an idiot sometimes." Sakura accused. "This is a C rank mission. It was given to us because there's a low risk of actually seeing any combat. Did you listen to anything Iruka sensei taught us?"

Naruto and Sakura bicker back and forth, but Y/n is different. When Sakura mentions Iruka's name, he remembers everything that occurs.

'After the mission'

Y/n blush at the thought and try his best to get over it as he needs to focus. 'Come on Y/n! Focus, focus, focus! You're on a mission! You can't think of this! Oh, this is so embarrassing!'

He felt someone staring at him as he see that it was from Tazuna, the client. "Hey kid you okay? Your face turns red real quick?" He ask as that question gave everyone to look at Y/n. 

"Oh is it from that thing you found?" Naruto asks.

'Oh, thank Kami!' Y/n thought. He nodded before answering, "Y-Yeah! The food was still burning but now it's just fine. No need to worry."

Everyone believes him except for a certain silver hair ninja.

Just as that awkward moment came over, a loud noise like metal on metal, had them turn into shock. Kakashi was surrounded by sharp metal chains, Y/n's eyes widen.

"Kakashi-Sensei!" Naruto cried out worriedly. The chains were connected by two men behind Kakashi. 

The chains squeezed making Kakashi's body ripped into two. Sakura screamed as they see the body.

"Kakashi-Sensei!" Naruto repeated. Y/n couldn't believe what had just happened, his sensei... is dead? 

'No that can't be. Kakashi, the clever, cunning ninja from the other day going down like that. I don't believe this!'

"There's two of them! We have to protect the bridge builder!" Y/n shouted. Even though he isn't a leader, he needs to get their attention on the mission. 

"You're next!" One of them shouted to Naruto who looked terrified.

"Naruto! Get out of there!" Y/n shouted but the words were falling deaf to him. Naruto's body was shaking from fear as the chains were getting closer to him.

Y/n use his speed to get a hold of him and moved away. While at it, he made a sword into his whip and use it to tangle with the chain that was about to hit Naruto. 

Using his strength, he uses enough force to put them down on the ground hard.

While distracted Sasuke use it and rush to the guy that was now on the ground and did a roundhouse kick. While he did he also made one of them enemy stuck to the ground with his shuriken.

Y/n notice something about the metal. They had an odd smell and are slippery than how he originally thought when he tangled them with his sword. 

He takes a closer look at the chain as he notices a liquid dripping from it. His eyes are wide.

"Don't let them touch you! They're covered with poison!" Y/n warned. 

One of the shinobi charged at Y/n with poison-laced claws. The other launched himself at the bridge builder, with Sakura jumping in front of him in defense.

"Stay behind me!" She ordered. She had a more determined face than she ever gave. 

Meanwhile, for Y/n he was focused on his attacker as he detangled the sword from the chain.

The claw was about to strike but he suddenly vanish. Many people were confused as the guy looked everywhere but couldn't find him.

He sees a butterfly and looks up only to meet the smiling Genin coming down with his sword. However, everyone was now surrounded by butterflies but none of Y/n. 

He sees a butterfly landing on a finger.

However, the butterfly turn red like blood leaking as he also notice that some of his body had some red spots. Without a time to react, he came back but only to meet slashes at the same spot he saw.

"Breath of Insect, Butterfly Dance: Caprice"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 783 11
SEE no evil HEAR no evil SPEAK no evil Traits to never let evil overshadow a pure soul. A soul that is kind, accepting, and delicate. the strong prot...
4.5K 125 22
Naruto's ex girlfriend just broke up with him. Not to long after his break up he meets a raven haired boy under a tree. Naruto later on starts to hav...
By Phonix

Fanfiction

24.6K 322 23
Hi! This is my first time writing on wattpad! So um, yeah Characters do not belong to me! All rights to the character go to Koyoharu Gotouge! Cover a...
842 17 23
If you have already seen this please go back cuz i re- create it. So..This story just came out of my mind and..its based on my dream that I had😄 thi...