Sold Out - Michael Hardy

By ryanshitkowski

"...It's been years since they split up so Michael has zero reason to be jealous but this girl was the love o... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN

EIGHT

821 17 2
By ryanshitkowski

"Okay, what about this?" Michael asks, picking up the paper he's been writing on.

"Like a rainy Sunday mornin' makes me wanna stay in bed twisted up all day long. You're my inspiration, girl. You take me places, put the words right into these songs

Stealin' kisses under cover, babe. See forever when I see your face and I swear, God made you for me..."

Cassie blushes slightly. "I like that."

"Yeah, that's nice." Morgan adds, bouncing his knee while he nods. "You make it easy, lovin up on you. Make it easy with every little thing you do."

Cassie's getting flustered with the song. It's such a simple song but it has that fluttery vibe to it.

She stands and excuses herself, needing to calm down before she falls in love with both boys in that room.

Damn song.

Cassie Leigh:
Come here

Michael Hardy:
where are you? are you ok?

Cassie Leigh:
Ladies bathroom

Michael knocks on the door and he's suddenly pulled inside. "We need to talk."

"Now?"

"I can't stop thinking about it so yeah, now." Cassie licks her lips. "What is this?"

"What's what?"

"This. Us."

Michael rolls his lips into his mouth as a boyish blush dusts his dimples cheeks. "You wanna get back together?"

"Do you?"

"Well, yeah." He runs his hand through his hair. "Of course I do."

Cassie smiles. "Ask me."

"Cass, will you be my girlfriend again?"

She laughs and nods. "Yeah."

+++

There's a hand on his back and it's gentle, feather light ghosting across his tan skin. Michael hums, stirring slightly as he turns on his front, letting Cassie have more space.

She smiles as she presses a soft kiss to his shoulder. "Wake up, I finished your song." He hums again, burying himself deeper under the sheets. "Babe, wake up." She whispers again, her voice makes goosebumps show on his skin.

He lifts his head, his hair a mess as he squints at her. "What?"

She chuckles and runs her fingers through his bedhead before reaching over for his glasses. "I said I finished your song."

"Nice." He mumbles, sitting up, sliding his frames onto his nose.

Cassie slides herself under his outstretched arm and cuddles against his side. "Couldn't sleep so I called Morgan and cranked it out."

"Somethin' on your mind?" He asks, his opposite hand resting innocently on her leg.

"Nah, I just couldn't sleep." He nods and kisses the side of her head. "You hungry? I can make some pancakes or somethin'."

"Okay, baby." He smiles, watching her climb out of bed wearing nothing but a pair of panties and one of his shirts.

She shoots him a wink then disappears down the hallway to the kitchen.

As she's dropping batter on a hot skillet, Michael sits at the counter, watching her.

He still can't believe that they got back together. He missed her ever since that day they broke up all those years ago.

Damn, it feels good to be back with her.

+++

"If I could go let down my hair
Would you take off those clothes you wear?
And hold me here tonight?
If I can learn to trust someone
My heart, it's like a loaded gun
Tell me it will be alright..."

Haley nods. "That's real good."

"You think so?" Cassie asks, setting her guitar to the side.

"For sure, Cassie. I love it already."

She smiles as she takes a sip of her beer. "Hope them boys are doin' good."

"Oh, I'm sure they're fine. This is usual for 'em."

Morgan and Michael are out for some writing retreat so the girls are at Haley's house for the weekend.

It's nice to be with a girl after working with boys.

And, to get another girl's perpective on the romantic parts is so much easier and less embarrassing than with boys.

She can be transparent about sex with Haley than she can with the guys at work.

They'd tease her for sure.

Lovingly type of teasing though.

"How's it goin' with Michael?" Haley asks, kicking her feet up on the table in front of the patio couch.

"Oh, good." Cassie nods back. "I got all them teenager feeling for him again."

"Y'know what my mama calls that?"

"Hm?"

"Soulmates."

Cassie playfully rolls her eyes but then stops.

Are they soulmates?

She presses her lips together. "Maybe we are."

"Hell if y'all found each other again, that's fate." Haley continues. "And your chemistry is just off the charts."

She smiles. "How- how're things with Morgan? He's a goddamn pistol, ain't he?"

"I swear that boy has ADHD." Haley laughs. "Always busy, always thinkin' but things are good." Her smile fades. "He, uh, told me he slept with another girl."

Cassie's stomach drops.

"But y'know we talked about it and I gave him hell so we're- we're good now."

Cassie rolls her lips in her mouth. "I'm glad y'all are good."

They both jump when her phone suddenly rings. It's Michael.

"What's shakin' baby?" Cassie asks, a smile on her face.

"Hey!" Morgan shouts, catching them both off guard.

"Morgan? What's up? Everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Listen, uh-"

"I don't have a concussion!" Michael shouts from the background.

"Shut up, man!" Morgan shouts back before cackling. "Cassie Leigh, listen to me."

"I'm listening, Morgan."

"Michael dived- doved? Div- divied? He jumped in head first into the pool and smacked his head on the floor."

"Oh my god. Is he okay?" Cassie goes serious as she stands. "Where are you?"

"Uh, Franklin but listen-"

"Morgan."

"I'm fine! Don't bug her!" Michael shouts.

"Franklin- we're- shut up, man! We're at the St. Francis hospital."

"Okay, we'll be down there in a bit. Sit tight."

"Okay." Morgan nods then hangs up, no doubt getting lip from Michael for calling his girlfriend.

"We gotta go to the damn hospital. Michael smacked his head on the floor of a pool."

"Damn boys." Haley chuckles as she stands. "I'll drive."

+++

You Make It Easy - Jason Aldean

Take Me Away - Morgan Wade

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 5.6K 51
Y'all know the freaking vibes! I just have such a crush on Jack and have imagined so many scenarios and decided to share them with anyone willing to...
15.1K 80 13
Being friends with Mike and Maryse since my debut in 2010. I knew they would be married eventually. And when they did I more than anyone was happy fo...
83 6 5
Isn't she lovely, all the guys are after her. Come on man. Sept 27 2022 I finished this story in two days not even.
30K 1.1K 29
Just read it 🙏🙏.