𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐒, 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐀𝐒�...

By _kaerinrin

on-going. sequel of hi, mitsuya. ❝ don't lie mitsuya, i know it hurts. ❞ ╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮ yo... More

Disclaimer
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
-
Eleven.

Seven.

1.5K 99 150
By _kaerinrin

07. MAYBE

--

"This or this?" Mitsuya handed over the compilation of gown designs to Aimi, and there, you only watched him work.

You weren't comfortable in your seat, there's no way you can be comfortable sitting in front of your ex-boyfriend and beside a seemingly crazy person who disguises himself as Aimi's cousin.

"Ah, Mr. Mitsuya, are you free this weekend?"

Mitsuya stopped for a moment to look at Ran who intentionally caught his attention.

Maybe because for a lot of years you've seen him smile, that's why you know when he's faking one. "I think so. Why?"

"Well, that's nice. I would like to invite you to my bachelor party."

Sanzu suddenly turned towards Ran, he had a frown on his face. "You didn't even invite me?"

Ran laughed and tapped Sanzu on his shoulder, "I was about to. I can always invite you anytime but Mr. Mitsuya's quite busy... so I figure this is my only chance." Ran faced Mitsuya again. "So, how about it?"

It was only a second, but you were certain he looked your way. A slight tint of regret was visible on his eyes.

"Sure," a fake smile once again, "Just tell me the location."

Now that you're too close with him again, so close that just one move, just one surge of courage and you'll be able to touch him again. A thought crosses your mind. What was his reaction seeing the red string once again?

"Ah, now that you mention the bachelor party. Ran, I was also thinking of celebrating a bachelorette party myself." As if you expected it, Aimi turned to you. "Should we arrange one?"

You absentmindedly nodded, "Sure, of course you should. It'll be unfair that he's the only one who's gonna have fun."

Aimi clapped her hand together before turning to face Mitsuya again. "With that being said, I also want to invite Yuzuha. You know, the girl who's helping you here."

"Ah, Yuzuha. I'll tell her."

And again, he looked at you.

""Hey, babe, what do you think about this gown?" Just like a lovely couple, Ran and Aimi converse intimately and all you can do is smile for them.

You missed Rindou.

Maybe this is the longest you can go without being able to receive all his sweet messages, a day without him pestering you with his calls or barging into Ran's office just to openly flirt with you.

It's funny because when he was doing it, you were annoyed. And now that he's not, you're feeling lonely.

A sigh escaped your lips and everyone's attention suddenly directed at you. "What's wrong?"

You forced a smile, you can even feel how Mitsuya's gaze burned at the back of your head. "Ah, I... I'll just go. I need to take some calls. I'll be back."

Aimi nodded, "If you're planning to call Rindou. You should just go to his condo. I'm sure he's pretty drunk一 hangover. Yeah, bring hangover pills."

Ran laughed, "He'll hate me for this but Aimi's right. Just go visit him. I don't know if you guys got into a lover's quarrel but he seemed pretty sad."

You looked down. A sudden pain on your chest reverberated. Maybe it was your fault. Maybe he's sensing that you're hiding something from him.

"Yeah, I will. Just take your time and choose the best gown, alright?"

"Of course, I will."

From Aimi's side, Mitsuya had a certain look that you'll probably won't understand what it was for. Or what it means. He averted his gaze, smiling sarcastically to himself.

Before you could hold the doorknob, Sanzu stood up from his seat and walked towards you. "I'm bored here, so can I go with you instead?"

Aimi's forehead creased while looking at her cousin. "What are you talking about. Just come sit here一"

"No fucking way. Let's go... what was your name again?"

You were startled when he suddenly grabbed you by your shoulder. He was intimidating. His pink hair and his scars. That'll be memorable. "Y-Y/n."

"Ah, okay, Y/n. Let's go visit your boyfriend."

He didn't even give you time to complain as he dragged you outside and pushed you to sit inside his car. "What's his address by the way?"

"Uh, you're tagging along but you don't even know his address?"

You heard him sneer before turning at you with a scary look on his face. "Why are women so damn loud? That's why I'm asking, right?"

Yes. He ain't a person you can just talk back to. You shook your head and just told him Rindou's address.

As you approach the condominium, the faster your heart beats. It kind of hurts but all you can do is clutch on your chest as you trudge towards his room, Sanzu trailing behind you.

Once infront of his door, you hesitated to ring the doorbell but the nosy ass Sanzu Haruchiyo, immediately pushed the button with a smug look on his face.

If you were rude or maybe had the guts, you've long kicked him between his legs, right on his family jewel.

"Rindou is Ran's brother right?"

You pursed your lips and didn't answer.

"Do you have a tongue?"

You chose to ignore him and instead decided to ponder why Rindou still hasn't opened the door. Maybe he's asleep? You pushed the doorbell again.

"Seems like I'm talking to a fucking air."

You grimaced, "Yeah, yeah. He's Ran's brother. Happy?"

He didn't say anything back but leaned on the wall next to the door, looking up. "I don't know if my speculation is right, but I just know my instincts are never wrong. I don't want to ruin your relationship with him but..." You looked at him like he's someone who belongs to the weird kid group. "I think he's my soulmate."

Just as he said those words, the door opened revealing a shirtless Haitani Rindou. Without you knowing, a bright red string glowed on Rindou's pinky finger, connecting to Sanzu's.

They, indeed, are soulmates.

"Sanzu Haruchiyo?"

"Just like I thought," Sanzu chuckled, leaning back on the couch, "You don't even remember that I was with you last night. I even listened to whatever fucks going on with your life."

"What?"

"I said, last night, I was there at dinner. Aimi introduced me to you, but guess you were too preoccupied to remember me. But then you got so drunk and blabbed about your problems."

You stared at Sanzu. You don't know whether he's spouting nonsense or just telling the truth.

"What do you mean problems?"

"Like how you're jealous一"

Rindou kicked him on his leg, "Shut up. I get it. What are you even doing here?"

Rindou doesn't seem well. His eyes look red, you can't figure if it's because he drank all night or he cried. He looks pale and he's sweating a lot.

You want to ask how he's feeling but you're just too nervous to even sit beside him. All you can do for now is watch as he talked with Sanzu.

"Ah, me? I accompanied your girlfriend here. She said she missed you."

Did you tell him that? Of course not.

Rindou turned to face you, eyes a little bit hooded.

"You miss me?" There wasn't excitement in his voice. It was plain cold, like a blade on your neck. "Doesn't seem like it."

Sanzu looked at you and he looked a bit surprised at how Rindou reacted to you. His eyes were going back and forth from you to Rindou before he finally got the cue to stand up and bid farewell.

"Well, I gotta go now. Don't break the bed."

When you heard the lock click, your chest jumped. Palms sweating. The soft cushion doesn't even provide a tinsy bit of comfort.

Rindou shifted from his seat, brushing his long hair back. A long painful sigh escaped his lips. "Why are you here? I thought you're busy? I don't want to hinder your work."

Is he mad?

You bit your lips and finally grabbed all your courage to sit beside him. Immediately, you used the back of your palm to feel his forehead. Just like you thought. He's burning up.

"Hey, you have a fever! Let's' go back to your bed一"

He pushed your hand away, standing on his own. "Just go back to work. I can handle myself."

"Are you mad at me?"

He didn't look back and continued walking to his room. You followed him only to see him struggling to take another step. He must be hurting a lot and you're just there contributing to whatever pain he's feeling right now.

"I'm sorry, okay. I'm so sorry, so please, let me take care of you."

"You're hiding something, aren't you?" He sat down on the floor, looking up at you. Now that you can see his eyes clearly, he was indeed crying all night. "You don't have to apologize to me, Y/n. I'm just fucking anxious that... that I'll lost you like that."

As if you lost the strength on your legs, you flopped down next to him. Holding his hand against his will. You just want those lavender eyes to look at you again. "You're not gonna lose me, okay? And... if you want to know about anything, I'll tell you so please, don't ignore me."

"Weren't you the one who's avoiding me?"

"I wasn't一" You stopped talking. You have no right to deny because that's exactly what you've been doing. "I'm sorry, Rin."

"I told you not to do that. Hearing you say that makes me wonder when you're gonna leave me."

"What?"

Rindou was always there, always, and always there to reassure you that you're the only one. Take for example when he got involved with a dating scandal. He immediately rushed to your house and told you he wasn't dating anyone. The fact that you guys weren't even in a relationship back then speaks so much about how he'll never ever cheat on you.

But then, what about you?

You scoot over next to him, your knees touching. He looked at you for a moment before he averted his gaze again. His long mullet hair curtaining his face. "If you're worried about Mitsuya. I'll tell you this again. We're over. I'm over him, okay?" You opened his clenched fist, intertwining your fingers with his. You lifted your hands, kissing them with your shivering lips. "I'll never leave you, okay?"

"You forgot to tell me一"

Before he could say anything again, you chuckled, "Oh yeah. I love you. I love you and I'll never forget to tell you that, again."

You were startled when he suddenly let out a sigh, a long sigh of relief.

"Damn. I was so sure you're here to break up with me. You know I was practicing my lines over and over again to beg you not to leave me."

"What are you even saying? Where did you even get that idea?"

"Nothing. Mitsuya scares me. You say he's your ex-soulmate right? What does that even mean? Even soulmates can end?"

You suddenly looked at your pinky finger, the string glowing as if it's mocking you.

"Well, I guess it doesn't. We're still soulmates."

"What?"

You squeezed his hand tighter before looking at him. "Five years ago, when he broke up with me, my string turned black but I don't know exactly when but at some point it turned red again. I don't even love him anymore."

Rindou squeezed your hand back, closing his eyes. "What about him? Does he not love you anymore?"

You pulled your hand away from Rindou and instead faced him, grabbing him on his shoulder. "Mitsuya doesn't matter. Let's forget about him and you should just drink your medicine. I can't believe you sleep shirtless with a fever. Gosh."

A smile crept on his lips, reaching his hand to touch your face. "I don't even know that I can believe in God or whatever spirit brought you to me. But I can pray to every shine just to keep you with me."
You don't know whether it's the words coming out of his mouth that made you tear up or his soft voice that creates soft patches of warmth all over your chest.

Ah.

Whatever happens, whoever your soulmate, whoever his soulmate, you'll love Rindou under all circumstances.

"Me too, Rindou."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 667 17
Yamamoto Y/N was betrayed not once, not twice, but multiple times by the men she trusted the most in her life. This made the woman's trust issue rise...
16.2K 798 82
-Tokyo Revengers! but I don't tell you the love interest. -Only a small amount of the population has been brought into a strange new world where murd...
39.5K 1.5K 15
Mitsuba Sousuke. You've probably heard of him before, right? Obviously, as a social media influencer, he's bound to be famous. Within the sight of hi...
3.8K 104 34
Tsukishima Kei x femreader Sometimes people online aren't how you think they'd be... Chatfic You created an account on a new social media app- a chat...