The Spirit of Termination: (A...

By Elementorsl

Across infinite timelines, one shows the result of an arrival to a world that leads to a chain of events that... More

Chapter 0: Prologue
Chapter 1: A new beginning
Chapter 2: The Awakening
Chapter 3: The Reality of the Situation
Chapter 4: Tengu city
Chapter 5: Preparations for the worst
Chapter 6: Eye Before the storm
Chapter 7: The Clash in the sky
Chapter 9: Aftereffects
Chapter 10: Faces Unforgotten
Interlude: Diabolus Ex Nihilo
Interlude: Humanity's Lost Hope
Chapter 11: Ambush
Chapter 12: Crimson Nightmare
Chapter 13: Ritsuka Fujimaru
Chapter 14: Lost in Time and Space
Chapter 15: Heart of Vengeance
Chapter 16: The Unhinged Monarch of Malkuth
Chapter 17: The fallen monarch of Lilith
Interlude: Beast I
Chapter 18: The Villain I am
Chapter 19: The Shining sword of destruction
Chapter 20: The Pitful Jester
Chapter 21: A Darkened Light and A Brightened Shadow
Interlude: The Spirit of Origin
Chapter 22: Before the Grand Order
Chapter 23: The threat of Y/N L/N
Interlude: "Bio"
Chapter 24: Butterfly effect
Chapter 25: The first of many battles
Interlude: Kotori Itsuka
Chapter 26: Descent into Madness (Beginning stage)
Chapter 27: Descent into Madness (Second Stage)
Interlude: Singularity F
Chapter 28: Descent into Madness (Tertiary Stage)
Chapter 29: Descent into Madness (Final stage)
Chapter 30: The Beast Unleashed
Fic Cancellation

Chapter 8: A diverging timeline

2.6K 82 6
By Elementorsl

"Skreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

Intense waves of red energy, gathered up from the energy of the beasts sword of rupture and it fired directly at the angel. The cannon fired, a large Beam of concentrated light energy was aimed straight at the beast. The two beams collided, with energy spilling around, shaving and burning leaves off trees, and scorching the ground.

The rippling of reality from the weapon was weaker than the original, as the earsplitting screech was not as loud as the one used on Tiamat, nor was the the concentrated laser beam able to destroy a city, but it was enough to overpower a ray of light and was enough to swallow the whole attack. The attack from the beast's weapon continued to push onwards to the angels crown cannon.

As the swirling red energy struck the angel and weapon, the angel started to vaporize into nothingness, taking the the Sephira crystal  inside her along with it, as the dust and explosion cleared, they were no signs of Reiryoku left, only the Inverse Reiryoku emitting on the beast and it's weapon. All around, the forest, the mountains were blown clean off. It is apparent that the weapon is not just a simple toy, but it had outlived out its use, now in broken pieces.

The beast paused still for a second and did not express any emotions. Although it had had a piece in victory in mind, as it had won his first battle against another spirit, even though he had not tested out his abilities properly against anyone yet. 

But deep down, he also felt remorse, killing someone who had suffered for the past 5 years, suffering from the trauma of losing her loved ones, and never learning to move on rather than hold a grudge towards a group of people. 

The angel was vaporised with agony and raw anger in her heart, but she finally saw the sillohuete of her parents smiling at her in her last moments. She wept in happiness as she vanished, finally realizing that she may a have a chance to see her parents again.

However as she vanished, space and time began to distort, and the beam continued it's journey to the future.

...

Gilgamesh had awoken in the Throne Of Heroes, disturbed from his sleep by the presence of a weapon in a far off reality.

He had the memories of dying to the beast of the end, which called itself the prime minister of the world were still fresh in his mind. He hated that beast because it wanted to bring back the age of the gods. He remembers fearing it in the final singularity, he once mentioned it the presence of it appearing before the defeat of Goetia. Ironically, Beast VII isn't so different from him in terms of goals and personality, as they both want to assert dominance over the world and both liked to look at humanity with disdain. However, it was not Beast VII that woke him up, it was something far more personal to him.

A fake imitation of him was using a imitation of his most powerful noble phantasm "Ea" against a mongrel in a wedding dress. "There shouldn't be another copy of Ea."  , the king thought, but this sword was probably an attempt at recreating one, as it was much weaker. He would have to chase after and scold whoever made that faker's sword, if he got the opportunity to. 

Yet even as a fake, the faker still managed to vaporize the mongrel. But he saw something that interested him. Apparently the mongrel had travelled back in time, and the beam had continued its journey through time travel. 

The beam ended its journey 5 years ahead from when it was fired by the faker, striking the ruined city center and caving it ten meters deep, further adding to the damage. Other than the panicking and screaming of those nearby, nothing happened and all returned to silence.

Then that world started collapsing, as the timeline began to diverge to a new branch and possibility. It started with people noticing that their bodies had began to dissolve, leaving powder. Structures, trees and cars started to do the same thing too. Soon the whole earth was beginning to lose its existence, along with the neighbouring planets, stars and galaxies. It started to burn, as its molten inner layers had become exposed.

The consequences of the actions that the faker caused were, "entertaining". Really, he had knew he created a new timeline, but he did not know what will happen to the one that would be gone soon. Gilgamesh could see everything and everyone turn into dust, even planets, stars and galaxies were a victim of this vanishing. 

 Gilgamesh enjoyed the confused and scared noises of the people around as their timeline was erased, especially those in that city. He enjoyed the superpowered beings realize that they would turn into nothing and are scared. He enjoyed seeing that the most powerful being in that world realizing that her plans were now about to fail, and is panicking, struggling to find the cause, but accepts death. However he did not enjoy that a homunculus in a business suit laughing his head off. Something was off about that him and it made him uncomfortable about his presence. 

Unfortunately, as he was in the throne of heroes, Gilgamesh could not stay up for long to warn the faker of the looming threat and soon was put to sleep. He hoped the faker would notice soon. However as he drifted off again, he failed to notice the presence of a mentioned being making its way to that earth. 

...

Kurumi was not having a great time. First, she sent back Origami five years backwards, as an experiment to test out her twelth bullet <Yud Bet>, and as she returned, she started to turn into an inverse spirit

Then she shot Shido with <Yud Bet>, and the ninth bullet <Tet>, to attempt to find the cause of Origami's inversion.

From the observations of Shido, Origami yelled and attacked Phantom. However, a black being she and Shido had never seen before had ambushed Origami whilst she was about to fight Phantom. However the black being appeared to negotiate with Phantom and Origami, before Origami decided to attack the black being. The black being retaliated and kicked Origami to a far residential area. 

Shido tried to go to the location where Origami was to stop her from fighting, but unfortunately he was too far from where she crash landed, and when he arrived, Origami had already begun to engage the black being over a forest. Shido tried to head there, but he was repelled by blades, orbs and beams flying everywhere, making it too dangerous for him to enter without suffering massive injuries or even dying. 

Back to the present, the Inversed Origami suddenly started to vanish into dust, and so did other panicking survivors that were below her position. 

"Kurumi! Help! I think I am starting to... Argh my ears!!!"  

Kurumi's mind started to hurt from a screech from Shido's end. 

"What do you mean starting to?" Kurumi asked as she began to feel regret for starting the whole event in the first place

"I am starting to turn into dust!"

This was bad. Shido had the same condition as all the other people in the present, as more and more people had turned into dust, and she was beginning to feel the effects too. Only her powers were enough to keep her existence, but it was clear the timeline had been changed again.

 She attempted to use the bullets on herself to prevent the events from occuring or at least give her past selves her memories, but to her despair, it didn't work. On her face was no longer the calm, playful expression, rather one of sadness and defeat, as her goals will never be met and her memories will never make it to any of her other selves. 

...

Just as Kurumi Tokisaki was about to welcome death into open arms, a loud thud could be heard near her. Something large had landed.

"BLAM! Crack!"

A tall monstrous being came to view. It was out of this world, and it was muscular, with horns growing out of his head like the branches on trees. On its chest there was an eye, which she found disgusting. From the feel and the outlook it was an uncountable times more powerful than her former ally, the first spirit. 

"What are you?!" Kurumi spoke, frightened by the newcomer, and the sudden development in events.

To her surprise, the being spoke in a regal, booming voice, as if each syllable was the sound of thunder.

"Do you want to survive and achieve your objectives, also assisting in my own plans? Or do you want to perish along with the rest of this dying planet?"

Even though she had worked with a powerful being before and got backstabbed, it appeared she had two choices as her life and plans were on the line, one was to get erased forever along with the timeline , the other joining this mysterious being. 

"Yes I do... but- I can't trust you fully."

"Then you shall work for me and destroy the stem responsible for the unfortunate state of this world. I will assist you in restoring your existence in the meantime."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.4K 1.4K 33
(Date A Live X OC) "You think being a Spirit is not a good thing? Think again, because I have my best life on Earth. Sure, being a Spirit also means...
3.2K 194 29
Spirits, mysterious beings that come from another world. Their arrival brings destruction and strikes fear in the hearts of men. When the power of lo...
29.4K 1.4K 19
Various Lego Monkie Kid x GN Muichiro Reader. ______________________________ ❝𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒇 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔, 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍...
23.6K 428 15
Age 932 Timeline: 34 out of ??? Planet: ??? Singularity: Solomon Gudako Ritsuka makes a last ditch effort in order to defeat Goetia, the beast that...