No Way To Escape | Novel

By Sobhan11

GENRE:- Mystery-Horror-Thriller A city of dreams, as it is deemed, Reynburg has been a happy-hunting ground f... More

PREFACE
CHAPTER 1: THE PARTY
CHAPTER 2: A VISIT TO THE WARWICK'S
CHAPTER 3: LARRY
CHAPTER 4: THE SEARCH
CHAPTER 5: FOUND
CHAPTER 6: THE SINISTER BEGINS
CHAPTER 7: DAWN
CHAPTER 8: NIGHTMARE
CHAPTER 9: THE SMELL
CHAPTER 10: VOICE
CHAPTER 11: DR. EASTWOOD
CHAPTER 12: SILHOUETTE
CHAPTER 13: THOUGHTS
CHAPTER 14: LUNATIC
CHAPTER 15: FRED
CHAPTER 16: INTERROGATION
CHAPTER 17: AT DINNER
CHAPTER 18: LARRY
CHAPTER 19: BACK AT THE WARWICK'S
CHAPTER 20: AT THE MORTUARY
CHAPTER 21: AT LARRY'S
CHAPTER 22: EULOGY
CHAPTER 23: "IT'S YOU"
CHAPTER 24: DISBELIEVE
CHAPTER 25: AT OFFICE
CHAPTER 26: A NASTY MORNING
CHAPTER 27: GUESTS
CHAPTER 28: TIME OUT WITH RICK
CHAPTER 29: THE EVIL COMES BACK
CHAPTER 30: THE TREPIDATION
CHAPTER 31: HOPE AND FEAR
CHAPTER 32: BACK HOME
CHAPTER 33: IN THE WOODS
CHAPTER 34: THE UNCANNY TRIP
CHAPTER 35: PARTING
CHAPTER 36: MEETING HIM
CHAPTER 37: FATHER RICHARD
CHAPTER 38: THE REVELATION
CHAPTER 39: AFFLICTION
CHAPTER 40: EDWARD-I
CHAPTER 41: EDWARD-II
CHAPTER 42: EDWARD-III
CHAPTER 43: PRELUDE TO THE CULMINATION
CHAPTER 44: THE HOMICIDE
CHAPTER 45: 'PUNISH ME'
CHAPTER 46: BANISHMENT
CHAPTER 47: A NEW HOPE
CHAPTER 48: THE TRUE IDENTITY
CHAPTER 49: THE DOCUMENTS
CHAPTER 50: 'SIR'
CHAPTER 51: IN THE ATTIC
CHAPTER 52: THE REMEDY
CHAPTER 53: SILVER
CHAPTER 54: SETTING UP
CHAPTER 55: THE POLTERGEIST ASSAULT
CHAPTER 56: DOMINATION
CHAPTER 57: SUBMISSION
CHAPTER 59: 'FEAR IS THE FODDER'
CHAPTER 60: THE RITUAL
CHAPTER 61: 'IS IT GONE?'
CHAPTER 62: THE EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE

CHAPTER 58: THE DREAM

27 21 4
By Sobhan11

As I opened my eyes, it was still night-time. I was seeing myself standing on the porch of the backyard of the mansion. I probed my right forearm. It was alright; no fracture. Then my ribs. Alright. I moved my jaws. Alright. I put in a finger to check on my tooth. It was missing though. I realised I was again in a dream now. A dream designed by Edward. He wanted to show me something.

I moved further towards the three-step stairs down to the backyard's gravel path and then turned towards the garden. I realised I was in the past of the mansion. Soft, cool breeze was flowing as I looked back again at the sinister mansion. The elegance was well-exhibited by the back-view too. It made me scoff.

And then came a group of people from inside the cottage. There were six of them. It made me gawp and pull in my breath as I saw Momma Warwick in their arms. They carried her up to the back yard and put her down on the grass. And then they all went in.

I moved in closer to the corpse. They had closed her eyes. How terrifying they seemed right when she was murdered! Made me shiver. I knelt down and tried to hold her face in my hands, but it went right through; as if I was the ghost here. 'I mourn for your death, momma', I spoke out softly and got up. After some minutes came Edward, in the men's arms. Rather than putting him down gently, they crashed him. And then one by one came Ruth and then Laura. I saw them being buried down. First it was Laura, then Ruth and then Momma Warwick. Some prayers were being made while burying Edward. I saw him being buried just by the gravel path.

But why I am seeing all this? What do you want me to be a witness to? I was really curious when all the men suddenly disappeared. A flame burst out where Edward lay. I was shell-shocked right then. It was beyond wonders for me to guess what it meant. But then it dawned.

I saw the coin rolling down from the mansion. It rolled through the porch, then its steps, its gravel path and then finally to the pit, getting submerged into the flames. And then the idea perceived in my head with a bang. I had to burn his body alongwith the coin; burn the curse alongwith the beholder. Yes, everything was attached between them. Getting rid of both of them at a time was the only way to win. It was the only way to snap the strings between the dead and the mundane.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 14.3K 40
OPTIONED BY WATTPAD STUDIOS FOR PUBLISHING/MOVIE DEALS!!! Also approached by 108 Media, the studio that produced Eerie (check it out in Netflix) but...
42.5K 1.6K 47
"𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴... 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴.... 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦...
2.9K 551 25
Diallo is poor but gifted with the ability to tell great lies. After a bad afternoon with his friend Paul in which he nearly ends up in jail, the pai...
36.1K 3.2K 28
Unjustly accused of murder, the Demon of Wrath joins forces with the Archangel of Justice to find the true culprit. ____ Sannarah lives from one dead...