No Way To Escape | Novel

By Sobhan11

GENRE:- Mystery-Horror-Thriller A city of dreams, as it is deemed, Reynburg has been a happy-hunting ground f... More

PREFACE
CHAPTER 1: THE PARTY
CHAPTER 2: A VISIT TO THE WARWICK'S
CHAPTER 3: LARRY
CHAPTER 4: THE SEARCH
CHAPTER 5: FOUND
CHAPTER 6: THE SINISTER BEGINS
CHAPTER 7: DAWN
CHAPTER 8: NIGHTMARE
CHAPTER 9: THE SMELL
CHAPTER 10: VOICE
CHAPTER 11: DR. EASTWOOD
CHAPTER 12: SILHOUETTE
CHAPTER 13: THOUGHTS
CHAPTER 14: LUNATIC
CHAPTER 15: FRED
CHAPTER 16: INTERROGATION
CHAPTER 17: AT DINNER
CHAPTER 18: LARRY
CHAPTER 19: BACK AT THE WARWICK'S
CHAPTER 20: AT THE MORTUARY
CHAPTER 21: AT LARRY'S
CHAPTER 22: EULOGY
CHAPTER 23: "IT'S YOU"
CHAPTER 24: DISBELIEVE
CHAPTER 25: AT OFFICE
CHAPTER 26: A NASTY MORNING
CHAPTER 27: GUESTS
CHAPTER 28: TIME OUT WITH RICK
CHAPTER 29: THE EVIL COMES BACK
CHAPTER 30: THE TREPIDATION
CHAPTER 31: HOPE AND FEAR
CHAPTER 32: BACK HOME
CHAPTER 33: IN THE WOODS
CHAPTER 34: THE UNCANNY TRIP
CHAPTER 35: PARTING
CHAPTER 36: MEETING HIM
CHAPTER 37: FATHER RICHARD
CHAPTER 38: THE REVELATION
CHAPTER 39: AFFLICTION
CHAPTER 40: EDWARD-I
CHAPTER 41: EDWARD-II
CHAPTER 42: EDWARD-III
CHAPTER 43: PRELUDE TO THE CULMINATION
CHAPTER 44: THE HOMICIDE
CHAPTER 45: 'PUNISH ME'
CHAPTER 46: BANISHMENT
CHAPTER 47: A NEW HOPE
CHAPTER 48: THE TRUE IDENTITY
CHAPTER 49: THE DOCUMENTS
CHAPTER 50: 'SIR'
CHAPTER 51: IN THE ATTIC
CHAPTER 52: THE REMEDY
CHAPTER 53: SILVER
CHAPTER 54: SETTING UP
CHAPTER 55: THE POLTERGEIST ASSAULT
CHAPTER 56: DOMINATION
CHAPTER 58: THE DREAM
CHAPTER 59: 'FEAR IS THE FODDER'
CHAPTER 60: THE RITUAL
CHAPTER 61: 'IS IT GONE?'
CHAPTER 62: THE EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE

CHAPTER 57: SUBMISSION

26 21 2
By Sobhan11

He raised me up inches through the air. 'Why don't you kill me, hm?', I asked him. 'What - what's the point behind all this? What do you want?'

He gave me a smile before turning it into a grin and then said, 'You know it, my friend. I am gonna make it so desperate for you!'. I laughed. 'You are so well behind it, you douchebag!', I remarked mockingly.

'Oh, am I?'

'Liam! Liam! How... Who...?'. I could hear Father Richard's voice downstairs. He couldn't see it of course.

'You are just another pussyfoot for me', Edward's evil counterpart continued. 'But just with a thicker tail. Crushing your fat ass wasn't that easy, Liam, and I thank you for the competition you gave me. You should boast for the courage you have shown but you are still tied up in the chain of mortality -- a trait that's characteristic of people like you. I won't complain though'.

I was just staring at his face while whimpering and trying to loosen his grip over my neck.

He continued, 'You would be having my chivalry if not for the deed you were going to commit. I swear to you, Liam, you would be escorted by the Devil's men themselves to the holy Paradise of the Satan. There's no pain. No suffering. No loss. Just life. A life of freedom, of domination... One for which a man always craves for his entire mundane life... You--'

'Just shut your fucking mouth up and do hell with your freaking Satan!', I yelled at him. 'How many more you think you can lure and deceive like this? Huh? You all yourself are worthless for your Lord... Then why would he leave you all here? Just tell me. What's your fucking job down here? You won't ever get any stronger. You are deceived by your Lord himself. He has left you all down here to perish. It's just your deception that you think that you have been gaining strength ever since, but within, you are all still moles! Fucking... Moles!'.

The left over tenderness in his speech faded as he said, 'Oh Liam, I tried my best to make you understand the power of Satan. But it's your ignorance that's hindering your progress. But no worries, we are here for the job. I thought I would make it nicer for you. But now, I am gonna make it so painful for you'.

He grunted as he was about to throw me off the second floor - just like the way he had done when I was here to search for Larry. 'Not... Again!', I yelled as I forced all my strength onto my leg and gave his muscular, ripped belly a mighty kick. He lost his grasp and retreated back as I fell down on my knees.

But even before I could react, came a kick from his side; even mightier than mine. It landed right on my face; on my left cheek. I spat out blood and got a tooth uprooted as I eventually fell downstairs, shattering my way through the old, wooden railing. I landed on my shoulder, but my motion was already slowed down when I tried to hold onto the rails while falling down. But still the impact was heavy enough to destroy my mental confidence.

The world started to haze before me. I couldn't see anything clearly now. The pain in my forearm and chest was enormous now. My shoulder was hurting too because of the impact and I was having a heavy headache. I gripped my injured forearm. I could faintly see Father Richard rushing towards me. He kneeled against me. His voice seemed so faint and distant! It felt like I was listening to him underwater. His face was juddering before my eyes, making my headache worse. The blood on his face had dried.

I closed my eyes. Pain all over my body. Chaos in my mind. Oh, I tried so hard! So hard!... Oh Edward, I know you can listen to me. Help me fight the beasts, Ed. We all need it. You know I am the best chance. Don't let us be defeated. It's our fight together. Help me, Ed. Help me... I slowly descended down into dark oblivion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 15.1K 44
Powerful deity Isla Develler is cursed and goes to the other side of the world for a solution, where she encounters more trouble than she imagined, a...
10K 1.4K 66
***NOW A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY*** [Book One of the Arabella Academy Series] Four teenagers, one dead girl and a whole lot of secrets surrounding a s...
65.6K 3.3K 25
BOOK TWO- Male Reader Version After being fired from the Sanitarium, the slashers were determined to be with you again. Breaking out, they travelled...
The Rapunzels By Mumma Vamp

Mystery / Thriller

1.4K 294 17
Confined to the family's estate since birth, three sisters have never seen the outside world. Taught they are unable to leave home due to their long...