๐‡๐Ž๐– ๐“๐Ž ๐๐„ ๐€ ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๏ฟฝ...

By dyiansobrien

Draco Malfoy is a womaniser. He never cares for the girls that he messes around - doesn't blink an eye when t... More

๐‡๐Ž๐– ๐“๐Ž ๐๐„ ๐€ ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐“๐๐‘๐„๐€๐Š๐„๐‘
1. the chaser and the seeker
2. crushes
3. quick rendezvous
4. the after party
5. theodore nott's plan
6. an unbreakable vow
8. deepest desires
9. halloween
10. slytherin vs hufflepuff
11. three broomsticks
12. sweet nightmares
13. new years ball
14. phase two
15. jealousy
16. slytherin vs ravenclaw
17. like a bludger
18. yours
19. malfoy thing
20. amortentia
21. past loves

7. prefect duties

4.6K 209 342
By dyiansobrien

HOW TO BE A HEARTBREAKER

PREFECT DUTIES

( Thursday 27 September 1997 )

THINGS I KNOW ABOUT MALFOY:

- He likes quidditch

- He doesn't like Yaxley or Potter

- He doesn't like talking about his parents (ESPECIALLY HIS MOTHER!)

- He likes to read (don't ask what, I don't know. Reading is boring)

- He's really good at Potions

- He sneaks out some Tuesday nights to practice quidditch on the pitch

- He hates the cold

- He supports the Montrose Magpies (don't call him a glory hunter, he hates it)

- He likes Honeydukes chocolate bars (I don't know the specific flavour)

- He likes having sex??

- Also I don't think he has a soft spot. Maybe his mother, like I mentioned before? More like a sore spot with the way he gets, actually. DON'T BRING HER UP YAXLEY!!

Rowan pursed her lips and glanced back up at Blaise from the crumpled note he had handed to her in the common room. He was watching her apprehensively.

"Really, Blaise? You've known him for seven years!" Rowan sighed, "Lots of this stuff is really surface level — I could have told you it myself."

Blaise huffed. "Sorry, we don't sit with each other and play twenty-one questions every evening, Rowan," Blaise said, "I mean, are you seriously telling me if I asked you for a list about Pansy, you would —"

"Yes," Pansy interrupted him as she headed over, slinging a hand over Rowan's shoulders, hanging off of her. "Rowan knows everything about me." She snatched the list from Rowan's hands. "I mean, do you not even look at the covers of his books? Do you talk about anything other than quidditch or things that annoy you?"

Blaise snapped, "Well, I mean, of course we do. Malfoy's one of my best mates, but that doesn't mean that I have to know what his favourite colour is, or where he was born."

Rowan was pretty sure she could feel her eye twitching. This whole thing was going to be impossible if Draco was so secretive that even his best friends barely knew much about him! Or perhaps Draco really was as 2D as he presented himself, though Rowan sort of doubted that.

"Oh come on!" Blaise threw his hands in the air at the looks he was getting from them both. "Are you telling me you could tell me —"

"Pansy's favourite colour is dark purple and she was born in Kensington," Rowan said before Blaise could finish.

He opened his mouth, looking at Pansy, who also cut him off. "Yellow. Berkshire."

Blaise went to protest before his eyes widened and he laughed. "Well that's wrong! Rowan, your favourite colour isn't really yellow, is it?"

Rowan didn't smile back. "It is. Why? What did you think it was?"

"Like... black? I don't know. Well, I can probably just guess Draco's. Probably dark green and... somewhere in Wiltshire? Look, you don't have to use the bloody list if you don't want to. There's no need to be so ungrateful about it."

Rowan exhaled through her nose. "No, no. It's fine. Thank you, Blaise. I'll just add to it as I go along," she said, taking the note back from Pansy and slipping it into the pocket of her robes.

There were a couple of things on the list that she could work with. She also supported the Montrose Magpies - that was good. However, the fact that one of Draco's interests was hating Rowan wasn't too great. Also, she found herself rather curious over the issue with Draco's parents, especially his mother.

"I reckon it's a guy thing," Pansy said, crinkling her nose.

"Probably," Rowan scoffed. "Now, I have to meet Malfoy in five minutes for prefect duties. Have either of you seen him?"

"That's actually why I was trying to find you," Pansy groaned, "I saw him with some girl. They were heading for his dorm."

"I'll get them out," Blaise said, dread lacing his tone. "Just wait here."

Rowan felt like her skin was crawling. Knowing that she would be getting with Draco soon was terrifying. And as he emerged from his room two minutes later, looking annoyed, Rowan struggled to comprehend the fact that she knew they'd be fucking at some point in the future — and even he had no idea yet.

She just had to look at the bigger picture. That was what Rowan reminded herself as she headed out into the corridor with her prefect partner. By the end of the year, Draco would feel exactly like Theo and the girls that he screwed over. He'd be heartbroken over his worst enemy, her, and Rowan would get the last laugh and enough money to live out her dream life with her best friend.

"So you don't want to split up?" Draco huffed about fifteen minutes into their patrol.

Rowan shook her head. "I don't know if I'm convinced that you will actually do your job right."

"You're not in charge of me, Yaxley," Draco barked a laugh, "If anything, I should be the one calling the shots."

"Why?" Rowan pressed, pausing in her tracks to shoot him a death squint. "Because you're the man?"

Draco stopped too. "I didn't say that," he huffed. "Don't put words in my mouth."

"I'm struggling to comprehend why you think you'd be better at making decisions," Rowan said, "Especially considering you seem to have made some pretty poor ones in the past."

"It's just a fact that I've taken on more leadership roles than you have."

"So?" Rowan jutted her chin upwards. "The only official one you've taken is captain of the quidditch team, and until our first match, we won't know if you're really all that, will we?"

Draco shrugged. "We'll see."

Rowan didn't say anything else. They walked in silence alongside each other, a foot apart. Draco didn't seem to care what way they went, silently allowing Rowan to choose left or right, or up the stairs or down. They were forty minutes into their patrol when they heard something crash behind them.

Both teenagers froze. Draco pulled his wand out of his robe pocket whilst Rowan squinted her eyes, peering back into the dim hallway. She started to walk towards it.

"Who's there?" Draco demanded.

There was no response, though Rowan could hear shuffling about. She sped up a little as Draco cast a spell that lit every lamp down the corridor. The few portraits hanging began to complain, squinting their eyes in the new light, but Rowan was more concentrated on the fallen suit of armour on the ground.

"A ghost?" Draco suggested, his stance faltering from where he'd been ready to shoot a hex.

Rowan shook her head, furrowing her brows. She saw something black flash for a split second on the ground. The ebony-haired girl darted forwards, taking a risk of looking like a complete idiot, and yanked at the air by the odd shape she had seen before. Her hand met an invisible cloth that was tugged away to reveal none other than Harry Potter himself.

"Ha!" Rowan threw the invisibility cloak to the side as Draco pointed his wand. "What are you doing out past curfew, Potter? You're not a prefect."

Draco was glaring fiercely down at Harry, and Rowan instantly thought back to the note that Blaise had given her. Of course everybody knew that Draco and Harry had a rivalry, but Rowan had never thought about using it until now.

Truth be told, Rowan didn't think Harry was that bad. It annoyed her that he was extremely good at quidditch, but, at the end of the day, she had to respect it. The only times they'd ever really spoken were on the pitch or when she used to meet up with Fred Weasley in their fifth year. He seemed nice enough, although she could tell he was hesitant due to the fact that she was a Slytherin.

"I was just walking around," Harry said, grunting as he climbed up off of the floor, rubbing his lower back where he had fallen.

"Seriously, Potter?" Rowan spat just as Draco opened his mouth. "As if we believe you were just walking around."

"I was!" Harry exclaimed, his eyes slightly wide. "I'm serious. I – I had a nightmare, okay? I wanted to clear my head."

"Poor Potter," Draco mocked with a scowl, "Ten points from Gryffindor for sneaking out past curfew. Another five for such a pathetic excuse."

Rowan pursed her lips. "And another five for lying to your prefects. Nobody falls asleep before ten."

Draco looked slightly surprised as he glanced over at her. Their dynamic was in no way good cop/bad cop whilst they were patrolling, however, Rowan had always been the more understanding of the two. And she never took away house points for things like that.

"I wasn't lying!" Harry snapped, and yanked his invisibility cloak from the floor. "You can't take twenty —"

"Don't make me deduct another ten for your lack of cooperation and arguing with prefects," Rowan said finally. "You best head to bed, Potter. This time try not to knock over any more suits on your way up."

Harry glared but didn't say anything as he headed off, this time with his cloak curled up in his arms. Just by the way he was walking, Rowan could tell that he was furious.

"It must be his fucked eyesight," Draco quipped, "Watch out, four eyes," he called, "There's a rather large statue coming up ahead."

Rowan gave a small snort, but straightened her face when Draco glanced over at her. His smirk diminished, but he still looked slightly impressed – intrigued even.

"I'd say this was a successful patrol." Rowan cleared her throat, turning on her heel to start heading back for the Slytherin common room. "We deducted points from Gryffindor — and it was Potter, at that."

"I had no idea you hated Potter so much, Yaxley," Draco said as he walked beside her, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Would you really have taken another ten points?"

"Of course," Rowan said, looking straight ahead. "I don't like Potter as much as the next Slytherin. He's always thought he was too good for us — and he's not even that great at quidditch. Just tends to get lucky."

"Very true," Draco exclaimed, "He's got half the staff table up his arse because he got rid of You-Know-Who when he was a baby. That was luck too."

"Well, duh," Rowan replied, and then realised they were getting a bit too close to the common room for her liking.

She needed to bring up Theo. Rowan needed to take things back down a notch or two so that they could carry out their plan, and also so that he wouldn't get suspicious of how much she was agreeing with him.

"Recognise this corridor, Malfoy?" It was a coincidence they were down the one she had spotted him and Lorelei in — and perhaps it was petty to bring it up like that, but it was the best Rowan could think of at the time.

Draco's brows furrowed, his nose scrunched. "Yeah — I walk down it every day, Yaxley. Got memory loss or something? Do you recognise it?"

"Oh, I do," Rowan said, "I remember seeing something quite disgusting down it last Friday night, actually."

Draco's lips parted with realisation and he huffed. "Funny. I reckon you really were spying on me down the corridors, weren't you, Yaxley? Like an obsessive stalker."

"I was actually here first," Rowan hissed back.

"And what could you possibly have been doing down..." Draco's brows shot up and he froze in his place, pointing at her. "You were hooking up with someone too, weren't you?"

Fuck off, Malfoy. Back to Theo, back to Theo!

Rowan rolled her eyes. "No. Perhaps I was taking a breather."

Draco scoffed, "C'mon, Yaxley. Who'd you let fuck you? Are you embarrassed about who it was? Is that it? Don't tell me you had that Weasley twin back for old time's sake!"

"No," Rowan said, "And I don't even know why you care so much, Malfoy. You should be embarrassed of who you were fucking — your best friend's crush."

The twinge of playfulness that had been in Draco's eyes dimmed. His pointed features hardened automatically.

"Theo didn't really like her that much," Draco claimed, "She's just a girl — he can just find a new one."

"Merlin, Malfoy!" Rowan laughed, "You have no idea what it's like to actually have feelings for someone, do you? It's not like sleeping around, you pig. You can't just pick and choose who you fall for, or decide to not like them anymore. And Nott was clearly very smitten with her — you knew that, at least."

"Well then he should see her for the whore she turned out to be," Draco snapped, and Rowan resisted the urge to smack the shit out of him. "Clearly Robinson wasn't the girlfriend-material Theo was looking for."

"Holy shit!" Rowan laughed to stop herself from screaming out of anger. "You're so stupid! And her name is Robertson! I can't decide if you honestly don't give a shit and you're an airhead, or if you're putting up some sort of facade, Malfoy."

"It's far from a facade, Yaxley." Draco turned his nose up. "Theo should actually see last Friday for what it was. One, a mistake on my behalf, I'll admit, and two — proof that Robertson isn't the innocent little Hufflepuff he had expected and wanted. I was going to convince him that she was a bad choice, but you just had to rear your big nose into it."

Rowan rolled her eyes, but couldn't help feeling nervous as they got closer to the common room. "Nott deserved to know. You know that deep down, Malfoy. What if he'd done it to you? You'd want someone to tell you."

Draco shook his head. "I don't get attached to the girls I fuck. If Theo wants any of them after me, he can have them."

"Absolute pig," Rowan hissed, and then muttered the password. The door creaked open. She was glad to see Theo sitting in one of the couches, a book in his arms. "Ah, there he is! Nott, tell Malfoy that it's not my fault the two of you aren't friends anymore."

Theo released a loud sigh.

"Shut it, Yaxley," Draco snapped.

"Don't talk to her like that," Theo seethed.

"You're defending her?" Draco laughed bitterly, throwing his hands in the air. "What is this backwards fucking universe that I've suddenly entered?"

"You know what?" Rowan cried, shaking her head. "I'm sick of it! I'm sick of Malfoy blaming me for everything, and I'm sick of Nott moping around about losing his best friend. Both of you, sit the fuck down."

Draco looked alarmed. "Excuse me?"

Rowan didn't answer but shoved him back by his shoulders so he collapsed into the seat on the sofa next to Theo. Theo turned to glare at Draco.

"Theo, enough!" Rowan said, "Both of you need to work your shit out. Meal times are fucking tense with the two of you not talking. Blaise is so blimmin' stressed that he's started hanging around Pans and I. Work. It. Out."

"I already apologised," Draco said, folding his arms against his chest. "Theo didn't want to listen to it."

There were a few moments of silence.

"Why did you do it?" Theo asked quietly.

Draco hesitated. "I don't know. I was really drunk and I wasn't thinking. If I could turn back time, I wouldn't have done it. I was..." Draco thought for a moment. "I made an error of judgement. I was wrong."

Theo scoffed and went to stand up when Rowan shoved him back down too. "No, he answered your question, Nott. Now reply to him."

Draco sneered up at her. "You're not our fucking mothers, Yax —"

"I get it," Theo blurted, and Rowan could see the anger in his eyes — the way his left hand clenched by his side as he spat a lie he never wanted to give out. "We've all done shitty things whilst drunk. Thank... Thank you for admitting you were wrong."

Draco blinked in slight confusion, facing Theo curiously. "You mean it? You accept my apology? Just like that?"

"Well, Yaxley also talked to me about it the other day," Theo lied, "About how if Parkinson had done it to her, she'd find it in her to forgive Parkinson. And I don't reckon Lorelei is for me anymore. I think I'm past it all. I just needed time and a proper apology, I think."

"Right," Draco said, slightly stunned. "Well... Well, I'm glad you accept my apology. I won't fuck up again."

Rowan feigned a cooing sound. "Now hug."

"You're pushing it now, Yaxley," Draco growled, standing to his feet. He did hold his hand out to pull Theo to his feet. "I'm heading to bed. Are you coming, Theo?"

"Yeah," Theo replied, but stopped in front of Rowan. "Thank you, Yaxley. For what you said before, and for forcing us to sit and talk."

"No problem, Nott," Rowan replied stiffly, side-eyeing Draco.

He looked hesitant, but then he headed for the dormitories. "See you in there, Theo," he grumbled.

After a few seconds, grins split across Theo and Rowan's faces. "I think that worked!" Rowan hissed excitedly.

"Yeah," Theo chuckled, "I don't think he realised he owed you until I added that last bit – about being thankful to you. He was too stubborn to do anything though."

Rowan nodded in agreement. "It's in his head now though, isn't it? He knows deep down that I'm to thank. And he can't be angry with me anymore over it. Oh! And we actually got along for a moment during duties — I deducted house points from Potter."

"Genius," Theo grinned, "Fuck, we deserve awards for that performance, Yaxley. Day two and we've already had a breakthrough. This is amazing."

She chuckled quietly. "Don't get too happy just yet, Nott. Malfoy and I bonded the tiniest bit over harassing a nightmare-plagued orphan — we're not exactly planning our wedding."

"It's only a matter of time, Yaxley. Only a matter of time!"

...

( Friday 28 September 1997 )

"Fuck, you're so hot, Rowan," Clay panted against her ear, his hips snapping against hers as he rutted into her, the sound of skin on skin contact filling the Room of Requirement. "So fucking hot."

Rowan gasped as he hit a point inside of her that had her seeing stars. Her nails scraped down his back, making Clay close his eyes and groan in a mixture of pain and pleasure. Her legs moved to wrap around his waist, bringing him even deeper into her, if that was possible.

"Mhm, Clay," Rowan panted, throwing her head back against the pillow beneath her. "I'm gonna come. Keep doing that."

"Yeah?" Clay said, almost excitedly — and much to her dismay he started to pound into her harder and faster.

He threw off her focus of an orgasm completely. She hadn't asked him to slow down or speed up, she'd wanted him to just keep going as he was. Clay thrusted inside of her at an animalistic pace, quickly drawing new moans and whines out of the teenage girl beneath him.

"Oh, fuck!" Rowan gasped, surprised that her body had caught on so quickly to the change — she was actually going to finish like this. "Fuck! Shit!"

The dark-haired girl's head flung back and she moaned, her ending finding her heart pounding as she fell over the edge. Her walls clamped around his cock, spasming and milking him for all he had as he finished too. Clay's groans echoed around hers, then being swallowed by her lips, their hands frantically searching each other as they came to the end of their time rolling around beneath sheets.

"Holy shit," Clay breathed, flopping off of her body, one hand on his chest where his heart was pounding. A thin layer of sweat clung to his body. "That was amazing."

"It was," Rowan agreed.

They were silent for a few more moments before Clay hummed and leaned on his side, pulling her legs apart where he could see the evidence of his fun spilling out from between her legs. She was thankful for the contraception spell more than ever. His fingers traced her swollen cunt, Rowan's body twitching from sensitivity when he brushed her clit.

"I can't," Rowan breathed, reaching down and grasping his wrist, gently pushing it away. "Seventh years have Potions revision tonight. I'll be late if I stay any longer."

"Okay," Clay said, face frowning in disappointment as he fell away from her and back onto the bed.

Rowan grasped her wand off of the bedside table and cast a Scourgify spell, cleaning her body right up. She climbed from the bed and pulled on the clothes she had been wearing before — a black bodycon skirt and a black turtleneck with a dark green lace cami top over it.

"You've ripped my tights," she said to Clay.

Clay raised his eyebrows. "They have loads of holes in them anyway."

"They're fishnet tights, they're meant to look like that," Rowan said, and brought her wand out, muttering a quick incantation that mended the broken thread back together.

She pulled the tights up her legs and then her black boots, examining herself in the mirror. Her curtain bangs could do with a cut soon — and the dark berry lipstick she'd been wearing all day had worn off completely. She wiped away some smudged eyeliner with her finger.

"I'll see you later."

Clay sat up quickly, moving to the edge of the bed. He grasped her arm and she leaned down to press their lips together. They kissed for a moment or two, and then Rowan pulled away.

"See you," Clay breathed.

Rowan only made it a few feet out of the Room of Requirement when her eyes landed on Draco down the hall. He was talking to Crow, a Beater on their team, but his gaze flickered up to her as if he could sense her coming. Rowan tried to pretend she hadn't seen him, but the sound of her name being called from behind her made her jump.

Clay raced over, thrusting her bag into her hand. "You forgot this, Rowan. Figured it would be a bit hard for you to do your lesson without it," he chuckled.

Rowan forced a smile. "Thank you, Inkwood."

Clay looked slightly upset by the use of his surname, and then he noticed Malfoy. He looked a bit paler already.

"See you at practice, Yaxley..." He grumbled, and then took off in the opposite direction.

Much to Rowan's dismay, Draco dismissed Crow as soon as Rowan was within a twenty foot radius of them. Or rather, he simply pushed off the wall, away from Crow, leaving him behind and confused.

"And what was that exactly, Yaxley?" Draco questioned, following alongside her. "What was Inkwood doing with your bag?"

Rowan shook her head. "I just forgot it at the library, that's all."

Draco bit back a laugh. "Really? I was at the library five minutes ago and I didn't see you there."

"The library's a big place, Malfoy..." Rowan sighed, acting as though her heart wasn't pounding out of her chest. "It's none of your business, anyway."

This felt like the night before, when she and Theo had put on that little act for Draco. She'd been so fucking nervous of messing up or it not working, yet Rowan had a knack for remaining as physically emotionless as possible.

"You two are hooking up, aren't you?" Draco released a laugh. "That's why Inkwood gets so upset when I'm hard on you at practice."

Rowan rolled her eyes. "No, Malfoy. I don't know why Inkwood's like that — and we're not hooking up."

"Really? What's with the hickies on your neck then?"

Freezing in place, Rowan's eyes widened and her hands darted up to her neck to feel bruising. Draco laughed loudly this time – not genuinely, but out of satisfaction (and cruelness). Rowan's face heated up. There were no hickies there, but Draco had caught her.

"Merlin, who would have thought?" He tutted, following her towards the common room again. "Inkwood and Yaxley... I sure hope your little relationship doesn't mess with our team's performance in quidditch. It would be a shame if we had to put a stop to it."

"Are you threatening me, Malfoy?" Rowan huffed as she marched in long strides — eager to get away.

"No, not at all," Draco chirped.

"What I may or may not do with Inkwood in my free time hasn't impacted my performance on the pitch so far. Don't worry about it," Rowan grumbled.

She was happy to come to the Slytherin common room, the wall already open from someone leaving it. Rowan weaved inside, Draco right behind her. She cursed her luck when she realised Blaise and Theo were sitting by the fire, Pansy nearby as she sewed up some sort of black material bunched in her hands. Daphne, Millicent, and Tracey were also sat to the left, talking idly.

"Did you guys know about Yaxley and Inkwood?" Draco announced loudly to the entirety of the seventh year Slytherins — minus Crabbe and Goyle who were God knows where.

"What?" Daphne's cry was immediate. She swirled around in her seat, her hands clinging to the back of the armchair, her eyes wide. "Yaxley and Inkwood are together?"

"No," Rowan spat and then shoved Draco, though he barely moved. "Malfoy's a fucking idiot."

"Yeah. Shut up, Malfoy," Pansy said without glancing up from her sewing. "Fucking cunt."

"What's this?" Blaise asked.

"I caught Yaxley doing the walk of shame," Draco snickered, dropping down onto the couch by Theo.

Rowan stood by Pansy's armchair, her hand on the back, her black nails digging into the leather so hard that she grew worried they'd snap. She loosened her grasp but still glared at Draco.

"So? It's none of your business," Rowan hissed.

"Are you two together, Yaxley?" Daphne probed. "Or just fucking?"

Rowan rolled her brown eyes. "Holy shit. If it's none of Malfoy's business, then it's none of yours either, is it, Greengrass?"

Daphne glared this time. "So I take it Inkwood is the real reason that you were sneaking back into our dorm at six in the morning after prefect rounds last week? Not some poxy Herbology essay you fell asleep doing?" She sneered.

"Oh, you hypocrite, Yaxley!" Draco laughed delightfully, smacking his hands together. "You were worried about me using my patrol time to get with girls, and yet there you were, fucking Inkwood in some hallway —"

"That is not true," Rowan huffed, "Anything I have done with Inkwood has been in my own time, not during my prefect rounds."

That was the truth — mostly. She had ended her patrol half an hour early to go and meet Clay, but that didn't mean she hadn't still fulfilled most of her duties. She'd still covered the part of the castle she was meant to in that time.

"I wouldn't trust her, Draco," Daphne said quickly, "Yaxley —"

"Nobody asked you, Greengrass," Theo said furiously — even Blaise looked taken aback by his sudden jab of anger. "I don't see why any of this matters, anyway."

"What is wrong with you?" Daphne scowled and then turned back around in her seat with a huff, immediately pulling Millicent and Tracey in to whisper.

"Let's just go," Millicent said quietly. Thankfully, Daphne seemed to agree — the three of them grabbing their bags and heading for the after hours lesson early.

"Thanks a lot, Malfoy," Rowan glared, "Bed time tonight is going to be a game of one hundred and one questions."

"You're so welcome, Yaxley," he grinned, then climbed up from his very temporary seat. "I need to go change before Snape's revision session. Try not to miss me too much."

"I'll do my absolute best," Rowan said through gritted teeth.

Draco sauntered towards the dormitories. Rowan shook her head, furious at him. What went on between her and Clay was none of Draco's business, and the teasing nearly pushed her right over. The absolute audacity of Draco Malfoy would be the end of her, she swore it.

"You never told me about Inkwood, Yaxley," Theo hissed, looking genuinely angry with her. "And now Draco's going to think he doesn't stand a chance with you."

Pansy released a loud laugh. "Oh, please, Nott. Malfoy knows he doesn't stand a chance with Rowan anyway."

"You need to call off whatever you have going on with Inkwood," Theo pleaded, "This won't work if you already have a boyfriend."

"He's not a boyfriend," Rowan huffed, "I just... I forgot all about him, I suppose. Ugh — this is so annoying. I'll get rid of him, don't worry."

"Wow, you sound like Draco there," Blaise teased, earning a harsh glare from Rowan.

"No, I do not!" She practically shrieked, "Inkwood knows our relationship is purely sexual — I'm allowed to end it any time I want."

"Okay, okay," Blaise muttered, holding his hands up in defence. "Sorry."

"I don't mean to come across as controlling, Yaxley, I just —"

"I know," Rowan sighed, cutting Theo off. "I know. It's fine. Besides, this will all be worth it when Malfoy's crying like a baby and realising if he wasn't such a shitty person then none of this would have ever happened."

"Exactly, Yaxley," Theo grinned, "Or is it Rowan now? I feel as though becoming partners of such a big revenge plan permits us to have a first name basis with each other."

Rowan raised a brow. "You may call me 'Rowan,'" she agreed.

"Good," he chirped, "Rowan it is."

Pansy huffed. "Yeah, whatever — just don't go calling her 'Row'. That's reserved for me and me only."

"Don't worry, Parkinson. I wasn't going to call her that."

Draco reemerged from the dormitories moments later. He wore a smirk as his eyes met Rowan's, all smug and cocky, but Rowan only smirked back wider.

He had no idea what was up her sleeve.

...

im kind of happy with this chapter! theyve head their first little breakthrough aha (even if they ended up arguing again 5 seconds later, and they really did bond over bullying harry).

i hope the slowburn isn't too tedious -- im trying to make it so it's satisfying when they finally do get together. their hatred for each other is a lot more intense than draco and amora's was, so this is kind of new territory for me!!

thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed <333

word count: 5.0k

dyiansobrien.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 146 16
*Complete*Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger loathe each other. They will be civil to each other when the hell freezes over. But will a simple game ch...
174K 4K 44
Draco's eyes blazed with anger, "I fulfilled my promise. Theo made me swear to look after you and I did that." Hermione stood her ground, watching th...
70.5K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...
350K 6K 76
Stella Blackwood, a pureblood witch who spent her life following traditions living by the rules of parents. Dating the hottest guy at Hogwarts, getti...