𝐖𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 ||...

By Only-Lu

𝐑𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲... More

˗ˏˋ CAST ˎˊ˗
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 9

848 40 4
By Only-Lu

A/N- Soooo... Surprise I'm not dead 😅 It's been a while I know, I've been a little distracted lately and I have meant to get this chapter out sooner but you all know how addictive and distracting Wattpad is. You're reading my story after all.
I would like to give a big thank you to you all for making 4k happen. I was surprised many of you actually liked my story and made it to chapter 9. Anyway, I know myself, not to bore you all with a long author note so that is all. Enjoy this long-awaited chapter.

Rowan found herself sprawled out on Stefan's bed, her eyes wandering around the room as she waited for him to finish yet another futile attempt at reaching Elena. The creases on Stefan's forehead deepened with each unanswered call, revealing the mounting anxiety he felt.

The night before, Elena had stumbled upon a picture of Katherine in Stefan's room, and without giving him a chance to explain, she had fled. Now, Stefan was frantically pacing the room, trying to figure out what he was going today to her when she eventually picked up the phone.

Rowan shifted, propping herself up on her elbows as she watched Stefan's distress. Her mind wandered back to the moment he called her, his voice filled with desperation. She had rushed to the Salvatore boarding house to lend a supportive ear.

"It's Stefan. I know that picture must have confused you. But I can explain. I need to explain. Please, when you get this, call me," Stefan's voice echoed through the room, tinged with vulnerability.

"Stefan." She received no answer from the distracted vampire staring at the phone. This only caused her to roll her eyes. Why had he called her over when he wasn't going to ask the questions he wanted to ask? "Stefan," she repeated saying his name louder this time which drew his attention from the device in his hand. "Put us both out of our misery and ask the questions you want to ask, will ya." Rowan sassed as his fidgety behaviour was starting to bug her.

"Have I lost her?"

Rowan's face softens at the question, letting out a sigh wondering if that had come out a bit harsh. She shakes her head, "you haven't. I know that for sure." She paused briefly seeing a bit of relief on his face. She pushed herself up from her position and swirled herself round, throwing her legs off the side and deciding to stand up. "But right now Elena's head is probably overflowing with thoughts and emotions. she's confused about what she saw, Stefan. Anyone would be if they saw a picture of someone who looks exactly like them in their boyfriend's bedroom."

Stefan nods his head slightly knowing that she was right. He sighs deciding to give a break on the numerous phone calls.

"Just to let you know though. She isn't in Mystic Falls." he turns to her sharply, he looked at her expectantly.

"I don't know where she is if that's what you're waiting for. But she's safe," Rowan tells him but paused a moment and bit her cheek nervously knowing who Elena was with was going to add a few more frown lines to his forehead.

Stefan narrowed his eyes seeing the change of expression on Rowan's face. "What aren't you telling me, Rowan." She gave him a weak smile not saying anything but motioning to the phone in his hand as if to tell him to give it another try.

Frustrated with the lack of answers, he does just that, lifting his phone and calling Elena once again. This time the phone answers and he sighs in relief but it was short-lived as it wasn't the voice he was expecting.

"Where is she? Why do you have her phone? Is she ok?" Stefan throws question after question at Damon who had answered.

"I already told you she was fine," Rowan grumbles to herself, but Stefan heard her as he stared at her blankly. She sends him a sheepish smile.

"Where are you? Let me speak to her." Rowan rolls her eyes at Stefan she knew Elena wouldn't want to speak to him and it was stupid of him to think otherwise.

"Damon, I swear to god, if you touch her--" Stefan was cut off as Damon ended the call. He lets out a frustrated shout and Rowan just shakes her head.

"I don't know what you were expecting Stefan. She doesn't want to talk to you right now so just give her some space until she's ready to talk. She'll come eventually." Rowan advised, she knew he wouldn't listen but it was worth a try.

She turned on her heel and headed for the door. "Where are you going?" Stefan questioned looking at her confused, she knew he had no trust in his brother when it came to Elena's safety, but the one thing Rowan knew if anything was that with Damon she wasn't in any immediate danger and he would protect her. She needed space and being away from the small town would do her good.

If what she'd seen was anything to go by it only showed her that Lexi's boyfriend and close friends were the least of their problems. All things aside she was probably better out of Mystic Falls, because the second she stepped foot back into the small town, it would only go down hill from there.

___

Rowan pulled her phone from her jacket pocket to see if she had gotten any updates from Stefan, or Bonnie considering he had mentioned going to talk to her.

She looked around the grill to see if there were any familiar faces, and it was not long till she spots Aspen the girl she had talked to a few weeks ago. She hadn't seen the girl since, meaning she hadn't received any new memories of her. She sat in the corner of the room sipping on a cup of coffee while typing away at her computer.

Rowan didn't know much about how the memories were triggered, but she wondered in that moment could she control them; if she focused enough, would it trigger something? Rowan closed her eyes exhaling heavily, before opening them and focusing her attention on Aspen, trying not to make it look too obvious. After all, she didn't want to look like a total weirdo with a staring problem.

"Who are we staring at? Anyone cute" Rowan jumps slightly from the sudden voice next to her. She turns her head only to see Caroline sliding into the seat next to her with a teasing smile.

"I'm not staring at anyone," Rowan quickly denies, shaking her head.

"Sure." Caroline just smiles "Anyway I came with a purpose." Rowan raises her brow looking at her curiously as she waited for her to continue what she was saying. "Ok, I was here last night. Brynn had texted me to come because she needed some help, and me of course being the nice person I am agreed to help her out. Anyway, I had been talking to Matt after Brynn had left and a real cutie came up to me asking about you."

"His name was Ryan and he was a total dreamboat," Caroline beams excitedly, hoping that she could be cupid to her friend.

"What did he want?" Rowan asks trying to refrain from rolling her eyes at the mention of a boy. she slurped the rest of her milkshake while peering at Caroline from the corner of her eye.

Caroline's shoulders slump hearing the disinterest in Rowan's voice, but in all fairness, Rowan's experience with boys in the past wasn't exactly great. "Come on Rowan, even a little bit of enthusiasm would be nice."

"I'm sorry Care, but boys are the last thing on my mind right now." Rowan sighs, "I don't exactly have a great track record with them."

"You can't stay single forever Rowan" Caroline fusses sending her a serious look; she didn't want her friend to be old and wrinkly and not have a man by her side.

"Seems like a good idea to me" Rowan grumbles and Caroline nudges her playfully. She shakes her head, rolling her eyes but just decides to continue with her story.

"Fine, I'll stop for now, I hadn't finished the story anyway. Good looks aside he was a little weird but I didn't really think much of it at the time. Yous would actually look quite cute together." Caroline trails off with a giddy smile.

"Caroline."

Caroline just sighs rolling her eyes "He was asking all these different questions," Caroline shrugs, "I didn't think much of it at first, but questions came one after another, I just thought he was really interested in you but looking back at them now some of the questions were a bit personal."

Rowan's eyes narrowed, not liking the sound of this; based on Caroline's words, the guy sounded real shady and there was a gut feeling telling her to be wary of him. "You know the more you speak, the more I hear poor judgement. Like seriously Caroline how were there no alarm bells going off in your head?"

"His bright blue eyes kinda distracted me a bit- it kinda distracted from his personality." She sends Rowan an innocent-looking smile

"Of course it did..." Rowan sighs to herself knowing exactly how the girl could be. she would be lying if she had said she was surprised, Caroline was... unique, but she had one of the best character development in the series, well besides Damon but he was a whole different story.

"Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?" Rowan raises her brow, confused. Seeing her phone light up and Stefan's name popping up as it vibrated against the table.

"I'll be back in a second care, I just need to take this." Caroline sighs but nods, she felt like she was being left out a lot recently.

Rowan steps outside the grill, looking around her to make sure she was alone before answering. "Hey, everything ok?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm at the grill"

"Have you heard from Bonnie?"

"No, I thought she would be with you"

"Is something wrong?"

"Earlier I was with her, I had her try and see if she could see if Elena was ok, but something was off with her magic, she rushed off after."

"No, I haven't heard from her,"

"You check in with her father, I'll check in with her grams, I was hoping to speak with Sheila anyway."

"I'll meet you after." Rowan hums in acknowledgement before quickly ending the call and rushing into the grill.

Her pace was fast as she darted for her table, "I am so sorry Caroline, but I have to go, we'll talk about it later, ok?." Rowan apologises, packing all of her stuff back into her bag.

Caroline nods and smiles tightly, "I'll hold you to that." Rowan nodded reassuringly, apologising again before rushing over to pay the bill and leaving.

The drive was a short one as she pulled up in front of the quaint little house. There were faint memories that came to mind as she walked up onto the porch. she looked around taking everything, the memories were anything but clear, they were blurred as if she were fast-forwarding through her mind for a defining moment which held significance.

As she stood in front of the door raising her hand to knock the door opens and she is met with Sheila Bennett's welcoming smile. "Rowan dear, I have been expecting you,"

"You have?" Rowan looked at the Bennett witch confused.

"I have, come in." The woman answers beckoning to enter and follow. Rowan does just that, closing the door behind her and heading into the living room. "Take a seat, I'll get some tea." Sheila walks into the kitchen leaving Rowan to her thoughts.

She was looking around the room when something caught her eye, she got to her feet and walked over to some shelves which held some pictures. However, there was only one that her eye was drawn to. Two young girls with huge grins and their arms around each other. The girl on the left resembled Bonnie with her coloured complexion, dark brown wavy hair, and chocolate brown eyes. Rowan observed the girl on the right, her skin was lightly bronzed, she had silky straight brown hair that fell just below her shoulders, and the brightest blue eyes she had ever seen.

She bit her lip as her eyes began to glisten, she trailed to prevent the sob from escaping her lips as her thumb trailed over the picture. She would know her mum from a mile away. They shared many of the same features, their hair, their nose, the same smile...

But her eyes she got those from her dad.

"I suspect, you have many questions-" Sheila says to Rowan walking into the room but stops as she sees her holding a photo of the girl's mother and her daughter. Her eyes turn sympathetic seeing the tears trailing down her cheeks, with her faint sniffles as she tried to hold herself together.

The woman sets the tea down on the coffee table before walking over to where Rowan stood. "One of my favourites." The Bennett witch smiles warmly looking down at the photo, "she would be very proud of the woman you have become."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

She feels her phone vibrate from her back pocket, and she looks at Sheila apologetically not wanting to seem rude before pulling out to see a message from Stefan.

Stefan: He's not sure where Bonnie is, but said that her grams may know.

Rowan looks up at Sheila, sliding the phone back into her pocket. "Sheila, have you seen Bonnie today?"

The woman nods her head, she was about to but she was interrupted by a knock on the door. She let's out a sigh as she stands up and heads toward the door that Rowan had entered not too long ago.

Rowan fiddled with her fingers, waiting for the woman to return. She had an inkling of who would be at the door but she waited a moment to know if she was right, and not just some neighbour popping by.

"Hi." Rowan's head perked up hearing Stefan's voice at the other side of the

"Can I help you?"

"I'm Stefan a friend of Bonnie's. Her dad told me she might be here." Rowan rose to her feet

"She was, not anymore." Sheila looked over to Rowan's now standing figure. "Your friend is here, dear, but I believe you already knew that." there was a small smile playing on the woman's lips.

"Do you know where she went?" Stefan asks Sheila as Rowan came to stand beside her.

"No, but you do"

"I'm sorry?" Stefan looked at the Bennett which confused

"I told her to face down her fear, and I'm sensing now that you know exactly why she was scared."

"You know what I am, and yet you offered me your hand. Which means you wanted me to see that I can trust you."

"Can you?"

"I trust you'll keep her safe."

"Better be in your way, then."

"I'm not going to invite you in. Sure you understand why."

"Rowan will be with you in a moment." with that being said Stefan nods walking back to his car to wait for the Matthews girl as Sheila closed the door so they could finish their conversation.

Sheila looks to Rowan motioning with her head for her to follow. There was this old-looking bookcase, full of ancient-looking books, she concluded that they were mostly grimoires, that had been passed down the Bennett line from one generation to another.

Bennett's have been closely allied with the Caddel's for over a thousand years, Rowan. And as does it continue. Your Grandmother Annabelle was my best friend, much like your mother's was my daughter Abby. But they did not have even the glimpse of the power that you now hold my dear.

You are a siphon wolf with the ability to see the dead, not something that occurs very often or at all. And with that, many witches see you as a threat.

I promised your mother that I would take care of you and help you when the time came. And that time is now, your powers are manifesting, and they will act as a beacon to those who wish to locate you and inflict harm on you.

Sheila pulled out a key from her pocket and Rowan watched her curiously. She kneeled so she could access one of the drawers under the shelves unlocking it with a twist of her hand. "Your mother asked me to keep this hidden until the time in which you were ready and I believe that time is now.

Rowan could feel the power radiating from it as Sheila lifted the grimoire from its place, she felt drawn to it as if it was calling out to her.

"This is the Caddel family grimoire. Only those of your bloodline can read what is written on its pages. The book holds power of its own and by the look on your face I'm assuming you can feel the pull."

She nods, her eyes not leaving the book as Sheila hands it over to her.

"Rowan?" Rowan looks up at the Bennett witch, "be careful."

Rowan lets out a sigh nodding her head in acknowledgement as she looks Sheila directly in the eyes, "don't worry" She sends her a small reassuring smile, "I'll be fine."

"You should probably get going. She'll need you right now." The Bennett witch says referring to her granddaughter.

Rowan smiles getting to her feet and gathering her belongings before saying a quick thank you and making her way outside to the youngest Salvatore's car.

Rowan focused on her hearing as she stepped out of Stefan's car, looking around trying to remember which way lead to the tomb. Her head whips around hearing the young Bennett shout for help, fear evident in her voice. Without a second thought, she starts legging it through the woods, weaving in and out of the trees following the witch's shouts.

She came to the familiar clearing, looking around to spot her friend but curses her forgetfulness when from the corner of her eye, she noticed the gaping hole in the ground.

"Bonnie?" Rowan calls out cautious with her stepping hoping the ground beneath her wouldn't give out on her.

"Rowan?"

"Yeah, yeah, it's me. Are you ok?" Getting to her knees Rowan peers her head over the hole looking down to see Bonnie gazing up at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine, other than a few scratches," Bonnie reassured slightly grimacing as she raises her hand to the small scrape on her head. Relief had flooded through her hearing the familiar voice, she had been pacing back and forth wondering how she would get out, jumping at each and every sound to be heard. But seeing her best friend there brought some ease to her.

"The ground gave away and I fell" Bonnie croaked, looking away from Rowan, seeming a bit distracted.

Rowan sits over the ledge dangling her legs. She let out a sigh thinking over what she was about to do. "Oh well, what could go wrong," Rowan rolls her eyes at herself before pushing her weight off the ledge and jumping down, and landing in are crouching position. She stands up brushing herself off before looking up only to see the Bennett looking at her in disbelief.

"Rowan?"

"Yeah?" Rowan answers nonchalantly looking over at the young Bennett witch

"What are you doing?"

"You looked lonely thought you could do with some company" she simply shrugs while taking a look around her. It looked like she remembered from the show, which reminded her of how she need to get her shit in order with what was soon to come. Nothing was ever smooth sailing in Mystic Falls.

"But now we are both down here."

"Oh, you worry too much Bon Bon. I have it all sorted." She sighed mindlessly as she started walking around the tomb. Her hands trailed against the stone-bricked walls, the friction causing her fingers to tingle.

As she came to a standstill Bonnie give her a confused look as to what had caught her attention.

It was the entry into the tomb where the vampires were being held. The magic that was keeping them held here was strong, she could feel it – the magic pulsing through her fingers as they came in contact with the stone wall.

"Can you hear them?" Rowan muttered, looking to a hesitant Bonnie. The girl gulps before inching closer till she stood next to her, she could sense the magic within the walls.

Bonnie presses her ear against the stone only to hear faint murmuring. The girl stumbles back in shock letting a gasp pass her lips.

Rowan knew that if she wanted she could drain its juice dry. But that would be reckless of her, these vampires were dangerous and she knew what they were capable of– after all, she had seen it herself.

Anyway, she didn't see the point, no one really important was in there, besides maybe Pearl or Harper. Other than that she couldn't say she was interested in it, it's not like Katherine was in there.

She knew she should take this all seriously, this was her life now and if she wanted to survive she would have to be less reckless. The tomb was going to open it was inevitable, even if she told Damon Katherine wasn't there he wouldn't believe her.

She couldn't help but enjoy the tingle under her fingers, but she steps back to get a better look at the entrance.

Interrupting her trail of thought, a squeal erupts from Bonnie as Stefan appears behind her scaring the life out of her. She steps back before only for her to calm down seeing who it was. "Stefan?"

"Are you ok?" Stefan asks the Bennett witch noticing the bit of blood dripping down her head

"Yeh I'm fine"

"You took your time" Rowan smirks looking at her nails.

Stefan turned to Rowan with an amused smile "You know, I came to save Bonnie, but I never mentioned saving your ass as well, Matthews," Stefan says as if to try him.

"You wouldn't do it, Stefanie," she says with a teasing smile, "you're too nice."

"Well I suppose if I were so nice I wouldn't just, disappear." he shakes his head at her smugness before a small smirk starts to show. "Now would I?" Before Rowan could even blink Stefan and Bonnie were no longer in front of her.

She groans looking around for the youngest Salvatore and grumbles to herself. "I know you wouldn't really leave me here and that's because it goes against all your good guy morals, Stefanie." Getting no reply she lets out a huff.

"Fine. I guess your not too worried about Elena's whereabouts then." She knew what she was doing was manipulative and borderline Katherine Pierce behaviour, but she wasn't going to stay down here when she knew exactly what would get Stefan's attention.

"So you do know where she is."

"I never said that I didn't, now did I?" Rowan comments letting out a huff as she turned her head slightly acknowledging the young Salvatore's reappearance. She begins walking around the observing the tomb only to receive an impatient glare from Stefan which she groans at. "I don't know her exact location ok? The memory is a little fuzzy on it, plus geography never really was my strong suit."

Stefan rolls his eyes at the young girl letting out a frustrated groan. "Please Rowan, I need your help with this."

"Get me out of this tomb then we'll talk..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177 16 11
Sybil is the quintessential teenager. Well, she was before her parents woke up one day and chose to move to Virginia. Mystic Falls, Virginia, a smal...
165K 6.4K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
63.7K 2.3K 18
☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚-- 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄 /ˈ𝐫ɛ𝐯(ə)𝐫𝐢/ 𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬; �...
490K 9.9K 38
After the incident is 1864 everyone in mystic falls including the Salvatore brothers assumed their youngest sister was dead. She had fled the town to...