Miracle Snatcher

By RipThatPuthayyy21

In which a woman reunites with old family members after 13 years. Much to her displeasure, of course. More

Information
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 1

40 2 8
By RipThatPuthayyy21

A fast blur ran through the wild jungle, using branches to launch herself further ahead while also making sure not to make any noise unless she wanted to attract any wild animals or worse...

Humans

She almost scoffed out loud at the thought of getting caught, still that's the very last thing she wanted to happen. It's much better if no attention is brought to her.

The mysterious figure soon came to a stop after hours of running. She titled her head as she observed down below where there seems to be a village located.

If she strained her ears long enough then she is able to hear chatter amongst the village people. She listens for any valuable information but to no avail.

Damn gossip.

After a 30 minutes, she sighed quietly as she massaged her forehead.

Ria didn't expect to ever go back to her old village, much less to her old family but unfortunately she doesn't have much of a choice because right now she's on an important mission.

To steal a candle.

The very same candle, that's been giving her family extraordinary abilities that most people could only ever dream of.

She normally wouldn't care about such an object, especially if it was in her family's care. but after she had lost her power for a month, the trust she had for them flew right through the window.

Now she has no choice but to take action. Whether they like it or not.

____________________________________________

In Casita

Mirabel stirs awake from her deep slumber. A blade of sunlight breaks through her window and shines on her face. A groan escaped her mouth as she slowly starts to get up from her bed to wake up the rest of her family members.

She stays still for a couple of minutes before feeling Casita nudge her.

She grumbled as she gently swats at Casita, "I'm up, I'm up." She rolled her eyes and began to quickly get ready for another day.

She sluggishly made her way downstairs, to the kitchen where she knew her mom was making breakfast. She almost immediately woke up completely at the smell of the food.

"Mami, good morning" she grins and hugged her, discreetly grabbing a small bite from the food her mom just made.

"Good morning, Mi vida. I hope you had a good night's rest" Julieta lovingly pressed a small kiss against her forehead.

She nodded as she hastily ate her small bite, already craving for more but she knew she had to wake up the others first.

After a couple of minutes later, she left the kitchen and she ran across the house, banging on everyone's doors to wake them up. Except with Dolores, she just knocked softly.

After everyone waking everybody up, she bolted downstairs to go outside. Her mami said that a little sunlight never hurt anyone, so the Madrigal family occasionally has breakfast outside. Which, even she can't deny, is a nice day and a nice idea.

After she finished admiring the nice sunny view, she began helping her Ma by setting up the table and by placing down each family members plates down at the table, also setting down utensils besides the plates.

Once she was done with that task, she went to the kitchen to grab the plates of food to set them down near the table. She then stopped when she saw the family tree portrait.

A smile began to form on her face as she saw each family member on it but then her face morphed into a confused stare. She deeply studied the a certain family member who she hadn't know for long, or at all.

Victoria Madrigal.

She didn't know much about her but she does know that she left the family behind, even the whole village behind, at the age of 15.

Mirabel was only 2 at the time so she didn't know her cousin very well. She also knows that she's the reason behind the rule they once had with Bruno.

You know, the one with the whole 'we don't talk about Bruno' thingy. Expect it was also 'we don't talk about Victoria' and Mirabel is almost ashamed to admit that she never once questioned that rule.

As time went on, she continuously grew more curious though. She wants to know more about her long lost cousin, the one who she never had a chance to make much of a connection with. In the past, she tried to bring up a couple times as a child but she soon stopped once she realized just how much Victoria's disappearance hurt them, especially her tio Bruno, who was or is her papa.

She almost jumped a couple feet in the air when she felt her mom poke her side. She gasped and held her hand over her chest where her heart was located.

"Ma! You almost gave me a mini heart attack" she dramatically exclaimed to her before she grabbed the plate of food from her hands to go and place them near the table.

She grew a panicked expression once she was out of sight of her mom. She hopes her mom didn't see her looking at the family tree and of Victoria.

[A small POV change to Julieta]

Julieta stared at her youngest daughter confused by her reaction but shaked her own head. She needed to get everything ready for breakfast. She too grabbed a plate of food but was momentarily stopped as soon as she laid her eyes on the family tree.

Her eyes quickly dart over to Bruno's side of the family, she sees Bruno's little portrait and smiled happily. Her eyes then go further down, only to see her sobrina's portrait. The smile slowly fades away as an aching pain grew in her chest.

She gently touched her niece's portrait with two of her fingers. Oh how she wishes that Victoria was here with them. With her family. The aching pain inside her only continued to grow at the thought of her.

'No...I can't keep thinking of the past...' she breathes out as she looks away from the family tree portrait.

Still..she can't help but think to herself, a question she always thinks about when she's reminded of her oldest niece.

'Oh if only they were a better family back then...could she had stayed?'

[Timeskip and no ones POV]

After 30 minutes, the rest of the family made their way downstairs and they went outside to have their breakfast.

Isabela leaving a couple flowers trailing behind her, she still hasn't grown out of that habit yet but oh well. Old habits die hard, is what they say and they're not wrong with that.

Isabela walks towards the table with an arm interlocked with her dear cousin, Dolores, as they continued to have a conversation about the new plants Isabela has made and about Mariano.

Camilo and Antonio talk over giving the rest of Antonio's animals names. Antonio already named his Jaguar Parce and Camilo wants to name at least one as well. Antonio and Camilo bring Mirabel into their conversation once they realize they are currently having no luck with any names.

Felix and Pepa take a seat next to each other once they finished filling their plates with food. Felix telling her to make it hail a little bit so they can dance later, Pepa smiles and lovingly stares at him, as per usual.

Luisa, ever the helpful girl, helps her mami and papi bring the rest of the food over so they can all enjoy it. She then quickly grabs her plate and starts filling her plate up with all sorts of food, her other family members also doing the same before finally sitting down at the table.

Abuela taps her spoon against her glass cup to gather everyone's attention. The table soon grows quiet as they all wait for her to talk.

"Good morning everyone. Before we start eating, I want to inform everyone here that since you all did such wonderful work yesterday, the whole village thought it would be best for each and everyone of you to take a couple days off." She smiles and gives a pointed glance at Luisa when she said everyone.

The rest of family cheers and the table, once again, grows lively with chatter.

"Finally. I've been wanting to try growing new plants but I couldn't find the time" Isabela sighs and soon began eating her food.

"Well since we have a couple days off Antonio, Mirabel and me will just hang out!" Camilo smiles and shares a high five with Antonio and Mirabel.

"Not so loud, Camilo" Dolores softly scolds him

"Sorry" he sheepishly smiled at Dolores who rubbed her ears.

"Knock knock knock knock knock, knock on wood" Bruno chants as he knocks on the door way and knocks his head.

He smiled awkwardly at everyone and sat down next to his mother. He stood up and was about to get some good, only to find out it was already filled by his sister, Julieta.

He quickly thanks her and she smiled at him. He's always been an awkward guy to anyone. Even to his own family.

He sat back down and quietly ate his food in peace.

[A small timeskip]

A couple minutes into their dinner, Antonio asked an innocent question that most people in their family would rather avoid.

"Who is Victoria?" He tilts his head slightly as he looked at the rest of his family members in confusion.

Then..it's as if all hell breaks loose.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 13.9K 37
𝐻𝒶𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒶 ⁽ᵛ.⁾ ᵀʰᵉ ᵃᶜᵗ ᵒᶠ ʷᵒᵒⁱⁿᵍ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵃ ˢᵒⁿᵍ. Three years have passed since the rebuilding of Casita, Camilo found himself getting closer...
27.2K 406 14
la familia madrigal ! encanto oc x oc under editing.
128K 3K 20
Camilo x Fem!Reader "You know...you don't always have to pretend to be someone you're not. There's nothing wrong with being who you really are." "Wh...
17.5K 570 8
"i'll let you stay," she mumbled under her breath. he was over the moon when he heard this, "but just for tonight! this isn't gonna happen again!" on...