π™ΌπšžπšπšŠπš—πš: π™²πš˜πšπšŽ π™½πšŠπš–...

By AudreyKirkland

What's her name? "(Y/N)." I prefer her real name. "Sauven; the legacy." I said her real name! "...Healer." "... More

π™Ώπš›πš˜πš•πš˜πšπšžπšŽ. π™ΏπšŠπš›πš 𝟷
𝙲𝙷. 𝟷 π™½πš˜πš π™°πš•πš˜πš—πšŽ
𝙲𝙷. 𝟸 π™·πšŽπš›πš˜πš’πš—πšŽ
𝙲𝙷. 𝟹 π™ΆπšŽπšπšŠπš πšŠπš’
𝙲𝙷. 𝟺 πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš‡-π™ΌπšŠπš—πšœπš’πš˜πš—
𝙲𝙷. 𝟻-𝟷 𝙰 πš‚πšžπš›πš™πš›πš’πšœπšŽ Vπš’πšœπš’πš
𝙲𝙷. 𝟻-𝟸 π™»πš˜πšœπš
𝙲𝙷. 𝟼 πšƒπš‘πšŽ πšƒπš’πš–πšŽ πšƒπš›πšŠvπšŽπš•πš•πšŽπš›
𝙲𝙷. 𝟽-𝟷 π™΅πšŠπš–πš’πš•πš’πšŠπš›πš’πšπš’
𝙲𝙷. 𝟽-𝟸 π™²πš˜πš—vπš’vπš’πšŠπš•
𝙲𝙷. 𝟾 πšƒπšŠπšŒπšŽπš—πšπšŠ
𝙲𝙷. 𝟿 π™³πšŽπš‹πšŠπšŒπš•πšŽ
𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟢 π™Άπš•πšŠπš πšƒπš’πšπš’πš—πšπšœ πšŠπšπšπšŽπš› π™΅πšŠπš’πš•πšžπš›πšŽ
𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟷 π™°πš•πš’πšŠπšœ
𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟸 VπšŠπšπšŠπš›πš’
𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟹 πš‚πšŽπš—πšπš’πš–πšŽπš—πšπšŠπš•
𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟺 πš‚πšŽπšπšπš•πšŽπš
π™±πš˜πš—πšžπšœ π™ΏπšŠπš›πš: π™·πš’πšœ π™°πš•πš’πšŠπšœ
𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟻 π™΅πš’πš›πšœπš πšƒπš’πš–πšŽ

π™Ώπš›πš˜πš•πš˜πšπšžπšŽ. π™ΏπšŠπš›πš 𝟸

885 26 6
By AudreyKirkland

Peter's POV

I thought my sister: Wanda and I, were the only two. Mutants, I meant. Never thought there was someone else like us, in the same town, who went to the same school.

She's the one. I saw her. She did that, the healing thing, shielding, and the memory erasure. It's cool. I knew it sounded a bit creepy, but I really wanna know her name; thank God I was able to move fast. I checked her name on her assignment papers before getting myself out of that detention classroom.

(Y/N) Sauven. Pretty name for a pretty girl.

That's not the only thing I found. Honestly, I've been looking for this girl since she helped me. No, I wouldn't admit that, but still, she helped me.

Where should I start? Well, it all began in the springtime, back ten years ago.

-Flashback-

Time: 1962 (7 years old)

I was always alone and never had an accompany.

Wanda played with girls, sure, but I'm a boy. A boy wouldn't play with girls. If some boys in my class found that I'd played some stupid make-believe game, it would be so lame. Therefore, I decided to join the bigger boys and play some cool games that were more masculine.

There, not far from where I stood, were three bigger boys; one of them was blonde, another was ginger, and the third one was raven-haired. I was pretty sure they were all in the third grade or above since they were taller than me by at least three inches. They seemed cool enough; maybe they'd consider me to join them.

''Alright, Timmy, you'll be the sidekick number one, and Jimmy, you'll be the sidekick number two.'' said a taller guy in the group.

''What are you going to be then, Byron?'' said the shortest boy in the group.

''I'm the hero! My name is Byron, the abrupt.'' said the blonde proudly. ''I have super speed and can run from this corner to the slide over there within a blink!''

I curved my lips upward, a superhero with super speed. That's awesome. I dashed to their front, rambling about being part of their group. ''Can I join you? Please! Please! Please! Superhero game is so cool!''

Their face dropped, exchanging glances like cool kids on the television. I supposed that they were considering me to join them.

''Hey, you're the guy who doesn't have a father, right?'' said the raven-haired boy, Timmy.

''What? You know this shorty, Timmy?'' asked the blonde 'leader'.

''Sort of...he's quite famous in our class. Peter Maximoff; everybody said he got the shiny silvery hair. It's not normal for us. Besides, he and his sister don't have a father.''

Oh no. When someone dragged about me having no father, that's not a good sign.

''Well, well, well...a boy with no father? Normally, I'd love to consider another sidekick, but I think we have better things to do now right boys?'' sneered Byron mischievously.

The other two nodded, crossing their arms, and taking steps toward me. My eyes kept on their face, my neck feeling sore due to the height difference between us. They took another big step, and another one, and another one, forcing me to back up to the wall.

I could feel my eyes brimming with hot tears. What did I do wrong again? Nobody seemed to like me at school. I was often mocked for my silver hair, being poor, and having no father. What's so wrong with all those stuff?

My mother always told me it was unique to have silver locks, but everybody had thoughts against her. Sometimes I was called a 'freak' or an 'outsider' since children judged me by my appearance over my personality. My mum and Wanda told me I was funny, but no one at school seemed to appreciate my humor. They said I was loud, so teachers thought I couldn't focus in lessons and tried to disturb the class order.

I was always a loner.

''Oh, I'm sorry...Are you gonna cry?''

''I think he's sick! Do you know an illness that makes kids grow old when they're still young? I bet he's one of them.''

''No, I'm not old!'' I retorted, shutting my eyelids to prevent the tears from rolling down. ''I'm not sick either!''

Byron sneered, smirking evilly. ''That's up to us; guys, take him by the arms; this old man needs someone to hold up.''

I tried to fight them back with my own, but it was useless; they were taller and more powerful than me by strength.

''Hey, let him go!'' I heard the voice of a girl.

''Go play with your doll house, Sauven. This, is a guys' business,'' said Byron, stepping aside. I could finally see the source of the girl.

She was pretty. She's a (Y/H/L) (H/C), wearing an overall jean-made dress. Her glares sharpened at the three boys as if she wasn't afraid of them.

''I said, let. him. go, Byron.'' She repeated, stomping her feet angrily in front of Byron, who was at least taller than her by a head and chest. The blonde boy had to bend down to talk to her.

Sighing, Byron told the other two to release me. I wondered what power the girl owned.

''You're lucky,'' said Byron, pointing at me with his middle finger, ''next time, I'm gonna take you to hospital and let the doctor check you up...without your girlfriend's help. Let's go.''

With that, the three older kids walked away unamusedly, leaving the girl named Sauven and me.

''Are you alright?'' She asked softly, kneeling to my level and helping me to stand up.

''Yeah...thanks...er...''

''Sauven.'' She replied, holding out her left hand for me to shake. ''I like being called Sauven.''

''I'm Peter,'' I said, providing her with my best big smile. ''How did you do that? Was Byron scared of you?''

She rolled her eyes, crossing her arms across her chest. ''Because Byron's dad asked him to, of course. Everyone in my community knows his dad is in love with my mum, so Mr. Turk told him to be nice to me for someday, we might become siblings.''

''Yikes, that's gross.'' I cringed my nose, and she breathed out laughter.

''I know, my dad hasn't even gone, you know. It's a matter of morality. Oh, no. It's bout dinner time; I should probably head home.'' She said apologetically, and I felt my heart sink. I just met her, and she was going to leave.

''Will I see you again?'' I blurted out, tugging firmly on the hem of her sleeve.

''Certainly, I'll be here every evening. See you tomorrow, Peter.'' She smiled; her smile was the most angelic one, brighter and warmer than Wanda's.

Did I get a friend? I believe I did.

I got a friend, which was a completely new start.

For days or even months passed, Sauven and I became really close. We hung out together, playing hide-and-seek or superhero games that we came up with. I was certain that she was my friend. Playing with a girl wasn't that bad, and at least she didn't ask me to play with dolls and barbies.

Until one day, she didn't come and meet me at the same old place, somewhere only we knew. So I waited..., and waited. A week passed, I believed, and she came to me and apologized for keeping me waiting. Byron would often tease or bully me, but that didn't matter. I had to stay strong someday because I got a family to protect and a friend called Sauven.

Speaking of that Sauven girl, it's really been a while since I saw her last time in the playground.

I never minded that, though, as long as she returned and hung out with me. However, she didn't seem to focus on our games anymore. She used to smile a lot, but now she always looked sad, sighing and eyes brimming with tears.

When I gathered all my confidence to ask her, she brushed it off. And then the next thing I knew, her mother took her home. It was unusual. Normally, it was her dad who would come and fetch her, yet her mother came and was not in a really good state. She was almost like my mum, looking tired and lifeless, much like a zombie, but my mum wasn't that bad either.

''Goodbye, Peter.'' That was all she said, and after that parting, I never saw her in that playground again.

-End of Flashback-

For years, I'd been trying to find her. My friend, the one who saved me from bullying.

All the clues I got were her last name and her nothing-special appearance. What I meant about 'special', was like my silver hair, an eye-catching feature.

I searched for her through the whole crowd in school time and again. Many girls were (H/C) with (Y/H/L), they might look like her, but I could sense they weren't one of them. Plus, I hate to sit there and hear the boring lessons the whole day. Hence, the opportunity to find this girl was even harder. I should've asked her to take a photo or get invited to my house.

And now, I found her in the detention classroom yesterday. Not many people in this area named Sauven; I got a hunch that it was not originally from America.

I'm currently outside the school building, waiting for her by the gate step we met yesterday.

Waves of people spread out from the doors, taking a brief glimpse at the crowds; ultimately, I found her right before she headed to the pavement.

''Hello,'' I greeted, taking off my headphones, ''you looked surprised.''

''Well, exactly. Why are you talking to me? I thought you were absent today.'' She huffed, side-glancing at me.

''Because I wanna bug you. So, you were looking for me,'' I grinned, ''I'm flattered; did I make myself so unforgettable to you?''

She tightened her lips to a thin line, probably thinking about finding someone else to bug.

''No, it's just a lucky guess. Anyway, how do you know I'm here?''

''I saw you walking a couple of times before,'' I said, but her eyes widened.

''Are you stalking me?''

It was my time to widen my eyes, so I held up both hands in the air in protest. ''No, that sounded really creepy; all I'm saying is...er...I'm a guessing master.''

She sent me a skeptical face, walking faster to get past me. Little did she know, I was a lot faster than her.

''Can I buy you a milkshake today?''

''No, I've part-time.''

''Again?'' I groaned, rolling my eyes. ''What? Let me guess, do you have to work tomorrow as well? And the day after tomorrow?''

She nodded, lowering her head so I couldn't see her expression.

''Then when can I ever take you to the diner?'' I whined, pouting; then, I had an idea in my mind. ''Actually, you've got to pay back for the favor I did yesterday.''

She looked offended and surprised by my words. ''What? You offered the help yourself!''

''Not unless you count this.'' I grinned, confirming that no one was around so I could take her to work. Without warning her, I held her back neck and instantly brought her to the convenience store she told me about yesterday. ''Well? This time ain't for free.''

(Y/N) made a 'tsk' sound, but I pretended I didn't hear anything. She then faced me, looking directly into my eyes. ''...I don't work here today. My part-time is at the cassette store next to the burger diner.''

''Oops, you should've told me earlier.''

She scoffed, knitting her brows together. ''If you didn't drag me here that fast in the first place.''

I instantly brought her to the cassette store next to diner in no time.

''Thank you, Peter,'' she said, waving her hand a little before going in.

Was that all? That reminded me, she wasn't like her younger self at all; she hadn't smiled since I talked to her yesterday.

I watched her turn the doorknob, but she then turned around, making her way back to me. I couldn't help but show a goofy grin on my face. ''What's the matter? Can't get enough of me?''

''You wish...look, maybe I do have a little time for a milkshake after work.'' She stuttered, cheeks tinted with faint crimson color. ''Don't get me wrong, I just thought you did help me twice. That's all.''

If I were to die tomorrow, this offer was worth more than getting the Pink Floyd concert ticket. I was thrilled; she was going to hang out with me again. ''Sure; when should we meet?''

''After nine, see you later.''

I watched her enter the store, thinking about the events yesterday. This wasn't normal. Why would she agree to hang out with me? Did she recall the days when we were little? Did she recognize me? My head was bombarded with questions, and it was weird. I never showed any concern for anyone except my mum and two sisters for years.

Maybe it was the side effect of having friends, especially when she was my one and only childhood friend.

Letting the wind whip past my face, I got home sooner than I thought it would.

''Zero point forty-six seconds today. Break the world record.''

The door swung open, revealing my mom and Lorna, my youngest sister.

''Peter, why are you smiling like that? You stole something again?'' asked mother, sighing.

I am smiling. Didn't even notice that.

''No; anyway, I'll head to my room for now. Don't cook too much; I have a date at nine.'' I said, still smiling and passing my mum, who was wearing her awe-struck, unbelievable expression.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.7K 1K 11
Abbey Night was just looking to be like everyone else, normal. But she knew she was far from that. One night, as she was working at the bar, two men...
14.9K 524 12
X-Men's Quicksilver x female reader with the ability to manipulate/warp reality and travel between dimensions. You had always dreamed of being a pa...
2.4K 255 12
❝IMPERFECT FOR YOU❞ In which a woman who doesn't trust love meets a man who doesn't think he's capable of it. When her kisses can make anyone bec...
65.8K 2.4K 60
Most people don't know that It exists. It haunts her everyday. It taunts her to do horrible things for her "protection", and when she gets angry, and...