Force

By Rainha_Ray

On his journey to LA, Tommy stops in Chicago, only to discover shocking news about his family; Tommy must dec... More

C1. A Short Fuse and a Long Memory
C2. King Of The Goddamn Hill
C3. Fire Starter
C4. Storm Clouds
C5. Take Me Home
C6. It's Just A Test
C7. This Is Who We Are
C8. Outrunning A Ghost
C 10. He Ain't Heavy
C11. Test Of Loyalty
C12. What You'd Do For Power
C.13. The Throw Down
C14. Run My Mouth
C. 13 Lose To Gain
C.14. The Ball Don't Stop
C. 15 Bridges Are Drawn
C. 16 War & Ice
C.17 Therapy Sessions
C.18 Devil In The Details
C.19 Crown Vic

C9. Killing Me Softly

359 19 3
By Rainha_Ray

Celestial POV

I pull up to my house seeing a familiar face sitting on the steps, I sigh and get out locking my car, once I make it to the top of my steps I take my heels off as he stands up.

"What do you want Thomas?" He looks around and I roll my eyes.

"Look I don't ha—"I'm cut off as he steps up to me“Look can we talk? I swear no bullshit.” I look around before sighing and nodding.

“Gimme a second. Let me change my shoes.” I unlock the door not really caring about his answer as I jog up the stairs to my house, I grab my gym shoes and slip them on going back downstairs. I don't know why I'm even giving him a chance to explain any of this shit, maybe it's the same reason I didn't kill him when he pointed that gun at me. Let's hope he actually apologizes during this sob story he's sure to give, because all men are the same and day by day they prove me right well all the men I pick seem to be the same.

Lilliana tells me that you're good with Dahlia, got everything down packed now.”I nod looking around at the few people making their way from the few still open bars around.

“Everyone can't be good at everything, but I'm good at that. Is this what you wanted to talk about? You could have texted this. "He scratches the back of his head but I keep my eyes to the stores around us and the few puppies getting a late night stroll in.

" No, it's not I just wanted to apologize for the other day... I just never had nothing that was all mines. When I was a corner boy, I was always hustling for somebody else. People were always sleeping on me like I was just coming up off that bench but I never wanted nothing else but this. Everyone me and Ghost came up with they started to want different things. They wanted to become different people but... Not me. Not once.” I nod before looking at him seeing him sorta blanking out before I sigh.

"I can respect that, and as of now you're running your own show, Tommy. You're no longer a corner boy, a sidekick or runner you're the boss. You don't have Ghost over your shoulder and you're doing good. Don't ruin it." We stop and he turns to me.

“But?” I shrug and look around us.“But If you keep pushing too hard and pissing off people in your corner you'll be back at the beginning with nothing to your name, and I'm not too sure about New York but, Chicago ain't too forgiving and open to second chances, so when you got the chance you do it right the first time. You got the knowledge and experience for this shit get out your fucking head and do this shit. You can't build a mansion in a day nor a month, let the cement settle first. Then we can talk about what color your painting the walls. "He grins while nodding but it's cut off with a sigh escaping as he looks around again, I lean back on the glass of the closed ice cream shop and see him take a step back then put his left foot out what is he hyping himself up for?

“I owe you an apology for the other day... It was fucked up especially how I came at you and why. I'm just really not used to people not fucking me over in some way. So yeah. "I raise my eyebrow before standing up.

" Saying I owe you an apology is not an apology, Thomas it just let's the other person know you obviously know you did wrong but don't want to say it. "He groans and I shrug before turning around heading to my house but I feel him grab my wrist, I stop and he comes around and I look at him.

" I ain't too good at this so don't get mad if I say something stupid along the way. Deal? "My expectations for you are quite low at this point so that's not too far out from what I expect.

" I apologize for trusting that rat ass Jenard and acting on the information he gave me about you without at least asking for clarification before going bat shit. So in short I'm sorry for being an asshole." I nod and walk around him back towards my house and I hear him scoff.

" I'm taking that as a fuck you? "I turn around and shrug.

" No, I accept it, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop being an asshole to you. See you around Thomas. "I see him chuckle and I grin turning around heading back to my house ready to eat and sleep.

" This is why I don't date men in the life. It's too much thinking that leads to stupid results. "

___________

I start to the sound my door slamming and I squint at the time on the ceiling and drop back into my bed sighing, just once I want to sleep in passed 9am. I flip back over onto my stomach and start to doze off again, until I hear my door open. God why?

" I know yo ass woke." I ignore him but I feel him pull my duvet and sheet off in one swipe but I just move my leg up higher to chase more warmth only for him to slam a big ass paw on my ass making me jump up moving out of the way my headscarf slipping off my head, I glare at the asshole as my right cheek throbs and feels hot.  Sleep still threaded tightly into my bones with barley half open eyes I watch as he grins.

"I ain't never seen yo ass move that fast." I cut my eyes at him as I curl around my King pillow trying to warm myself up and doze back off.

"You serious right now Celestial?" I nod getting deeper into that haze when I hear his heavy ass footsteps come over and I grip the pillow as I feel him lift me up off the bed, I feel the cool air from his ass moving through the house until I'm literally thrown onto the couch, he leaves me and I grab the throw on the back of the couch and curl underneath it still clinging to the sleep that has me in its persistent clutches.

"What the fuck did you do last night that got you this fucking sleepy?"I'm pulled up and I smack at his hand but I feel him grip my chin moving a straw to my lips and trusting him thinking it's just water I take a large sip. I feel some nasty pop get poured down my throat and I jerk away wiping my mouth mugging him through half open eyes. I clear my throat and wince at the taste.

“What was that?”

“Redbull. You should be good now. "I hate that shit.

" Why can't you let me sleep? I would've even let you sleep with me. What the fuck do you want? "He sits down next to me and I wrap the throw around me still mugging him pillow in lap holding my head up for the moment.

" I decided to listen to you, and you were right."I shrug leaning back into the corner of my couch watching him.

About what exactly am I right about this time?” I feel myself wake up even more and I sit up straighter, he grabs my thigh squeezing it while thinking.

" I don't want to hear shit from you okay?" Shrugging I put my feet into his lap feeling the warmth through my throw.

"Adrienne is a reporter." Before I can try and pretend to not care I'm giggling my ass off making him roll his eyes.

"I ain't even do that shit, yet. You fucked a damn reporter. That's craaazzzzyyy." I get up and he calls me immature following behind.

“I know the head was crazy from that one.”

“You really choosing to be petty right now? This is the reaction I get?” I chuckle and nod grabbing the oatmeal, eggs and sausage from their places the pot and pan following. I start to cook as he sits in shame.

"So, what you doing about this?" He looks up from the counter and looks me up and down giving me a stale face but I shrug.

"So now it's what I'm doing? What happened to we?" I shrug and stir the oats before putting the top it moving the sausages next.

"This yo bed, literally. You know reporters are sensitive cases.” He know I'm the one to deal with these kinds of problems but imma need him to sweat a little bit.

" Last time I checked we were both in this together or is there a memo or something I missed? "I grin hearing the annoyance in his voice and I turn around raising a eyebrow at his tone.

" Not thee David Sampson having an attitude because I'm playing my role. "He rolls his eyes and crosses his arms.

“Your role is for you to be down for whatever.” Don't be a asshole you big fucker.

“I'mma stop you right now before you put your foot in your mouth, what do you have in mind? I'm sure her partner will know she's fucking with you so if she goes missing now the cops will be on yo ass like maggots on a tepid corpse. So we need to give it some space so you're gonna have to either keep your distance or keep everything from her. "He leans back onto the chairs back and I look at him leaning on the counter.

“How about we let her know that she's caught? See if it spooks her enough to leave on her own and if she doesn't we handle it." I nod shrugging.

"This is you're fuck up I'll listen." I hear him scoff as I take my sausages from the pan and place them onto a napkin before getting to my eggs adding cheese.

“So, you and Tommy still a thing?” I want to tell him about what he did and why he did but I'm not sure.

“I'mma take the silence as a yes.” I turn off the oatmeal going to grab the milk, butter and sugar adding it before letting that melt. I grab a bowl adding a little bit of everything inside before mixing it sitting down.

“You're welcome to the food, I'm not gonna eat all that.” He nods and gets up washing his hands before plating his own food and coming back to sit down. Once I swallow my food I speak.

“I'm not seeing Tommy, some shit happened and it didn't work out.” He stops midway biting a sausage before looking at me and I shake my head.

“Don't trip, I handled it. Ain't no bad blood we talked it out the other night.”

“He put his hands on you?” I shake my head getting up grabbing water for both of us and I sit down.

“Nah, just a little bit of a mix up in understanding of some shit.” He leans over his plate closer to me and I look at him before shaking my head.

“It's nothing, D—” He scoffs and I see him getting up and I put my spoon down going after him and stopping him by grabbing his shoe.

Gimme my shoe Celestial.” Why so you can kill Thomas? I think the fuck not. “No because you're going to do something that's not needed and it will have blow back. I told you it was handled.”

He stands up and I look up into his eyes, he breaks the contact and looks up and down my body before looking back at my eyes.

“If you handled it why don't you just tell me what happened? It's because that shit was wrong and you don't want me beating his ass.” I roll my eyes because for one he's right I should've killed him that night and I know Diamond will easily kill him without a second thought. Time to change the subject.

“I don't have to tell you about every single altercation I have David, if I told you it's handled then let it be handled. I don't need you going around messing with shit.” I start for the kitchen but I feel him turn me around and I glare at the pissed off man.

“I don't know who the fuck you think you talking to like that but I'm gonna make sure that shit is handled, motherfuckers like Tommy don't let shit be handled. That man been looking at yo ass since he came in Chicago you think he over yo ass just like that? You delusional?” I can't stand his ass, why he think every dude is obsessed about the women they fuck? He damn sure ain't he could care less about any old hoe he used to fuck with.

“He ain't worried about me like that David, damn! Stay in yo fucking lane I don't need you running up on people I got into it with its unnecessary!” He reaches for the shoe but I jump back moving my arm out away from him.

“My fucking lane is your lane and you better watch yo mouth fucking with me, you real disrespectful especially when I'm trying to do something that's to make sure yo ass is straight!” I know this fucker didn't. I throw the shoe at him and he mugs me as I rub my forehead.

“What part of I don't need a damn body guard don't you understand? I don't need you for that anymore! I'm not that same shy, naive girl that was scared of everything! I'm a grown ass woman David, you been gone you don't get to come back and try and to push me back into that docile role I used to be in just letting you handle all my problems, I don't need you anymore!” That came out way more harsher than intended.

I watch his shoulders drop and I sigh and walk to him but when I go to touch him he pushes my hands away shaking his head he picks up his shoe up and slips it on, I feel the temperature of the room drop and I look around for his jacket on the couch and I rush and grab it seeing him walking towards it, I throw it on and zip it gripping where the zipper is and he rolls his eyes and I feel my eyes sting.

“David, I--I, you know I don't mean it like that—” I watch as his jaw twitch and I stop talking, I know that's a silent que to stop talking before he says something hurtful. He silently reaches into the pockets of his jacket and grabs his keys and wallet but I grab his wrist and he looks me dead in the eye but I slowly pull down on his wrist to get him to move closer but his nose flares before he gently yanks his hand from mine and turns leaving out. Not slamming a door or stomping down the stairs. It's 21 degrees outside, even in a car that's too cold to be trying to leave out without a coat. I take off the jacket and grab my peacoat and slides going after him only to see his truck pull off through the front door window. I exhale feeling a tear slip out as I turn back upstairs and just get back in bed. What the fuck did I just do?

_____

“You said what!?” I cut my eyes at Gloria and twirl the wine in the glass watching the funnel it makes.

“What in the hell made you say that to him Celestial? Seriously,” I shrug and cuddle deeper into the cover. “Shouldn't we be talking bout you and Vic? Or even the drive by you guys had?” She shakes her head and I roll my eyes of course she's gonna want to make me feel like a even bigger shit than I already feel.

“I didn't think it'd bother him that much, I just wanted to get him off the topic at hand.” I cut my eyes at the tsks coming from her and I drink my wine.

“Well for one that was a bitch move, and second there goes that untouchable, the emotional intelligence of a rock, don't need anyone meddling in her business alter ego, Sinclair again.” Cue the recurring eye roll.

“You rolling your eyes but you know I'm right, you know your mouth can get reckless Celestial and to say that to Diamond you had to know you were wrong.” See this right here is what I don't understand how am I wrong if I was provoked?

“How am I wrong if he wouldn't drop the argument? I told him it was handled him going to try and fix it would have caused some problems.” She sighs grabbing the rum bottle instead of the wine bottle pouring some in each of our glasses the chill of the liquid making me readjust my hold.

“Because he meant well, we both know why he was mildly concerned don't act like he was overreacting. Plus C, he obviously already feels guilty about being locked up, hell I'd even say ashamed of it, and not like all these other motherfuckers who think they were too smart for the system. Everyone knows that you're everything to Diamond so for him to come home getting his footing back and the only woman he's ever loved tells him that she doesn't need him? That he's basically not useful to her in ways he used to be. It hurts a guy's ego and pride. You and I both know guys live to be needed by their girls.” I huff agreeing as I look around my house.

“I guess I can't really talk because I'm constantly trying to push Vic away. I'm just trying to not get heartbroken.” I shake my head.

“I may put my emotional intelligence in the trunk from time to time but yours always revert back to six years old. That man loves you bad, like I honestly think if he was crazy Y’all love story would be on some snapped or love kills TV show. If Diamond loves me as much as you think he does then Vic loves you that much times 30. I had to block him so he'd stop calling me and texting me asking about you. You guys are definitely marriage material stop playing with him. Fuck his people. If he ain't worried about them don't you because they ain't gonna touch you.” She grabs my hand and we both exhale.

“Adulting sucks, I wanna go back to being 15. Running the streets getting in trouble, just laughing without having to worry about some bullshit.” She nods and sighs.

“But being a adult definitely has it perks.” I shrug and toss back the rest of my drink and drop my head back closing my eyes.

“I'll go to him and try and to find a way to get back on his good side, I hardly ever made him mad, let alone this mad I gotta find a new way to get him to crack.” She tells me good luck and I sigh closing my eyes, the liquor warming my body as I snuggle deeper into the cover we are under on the couch our mouths speaking whatever our minds think up.

___________

I sit in the chair quietly playing with my phone as Blaxton and Diamond talk about last night at the strip club with Dmac and Marshall. That us until Jenard comes in with a familiar tube showing it off.

“Yo, this chick came at me last night with that new-new that everybody been talking about bro.” He comes up to Diamond and shows him last and he takes it to see it close up. “Oh yeah?”

“This the realest shit I ever been on, cleanest high I ever had. I mean run a marathon, fuck for hours off this shit. ” Glad to hear a raving review off the shit I was apart of making, the demand for that shit is higher than I expected I thought they were bullshitting about it but it's not like Jenard is the best drug tester.

“Bro was definitely was cracking shorty ass for a couple of hours.” I gag at the force fed thought and force myself to think about Bubble guppies and other kiddie, innocent cartoons.

“Where'd you cop it?” He didn't, it was a free trail and he was the targeted audience.

“I didn't. This shit was brought to me. I ain't gone lie. We get this shit, we platinum.” I look over at Diamond and I see the fake smile on his face and I look back at Jenard. “It's that good?”

“No cap, Ghe whoever gets this drug gone run the city. Ite I'm talking top mother fucking spot. ” You sold it a lil too high Jenard.

“We already got half the city.”

“Bro, it ain't never enough.” Jenard ain't letting this shit go and Diamond either, until he gets more info on it.

“We don't know nothing about that drug. Or what it can do, we don't know if people will start dropping because of it.” True, but at the same time you literally sell coke that shit is ridiculous in my opinion.

“It's a full motherfucking rocket shot to the moon, mother fucker.”

“I'm talking about the other side of it, we don't know the cut. Or if people start dropping because of it.” I would claim that as new but he's always cared about his image and I can't say that it's not smart to think about that.

“But what we doing with that Serb, pipeline is working.”

“We need this shit in the pipeline.”Diamond repostions himself and points to the tube.

I don't want to make moves on something I can't see clearly or something I can't control or understand—" He pissing him off that weird country accent Chicagoans get is starting to pop out he sound like my damn grandma.

“What the fuck are you even talking about, bro?”

“I'm not about to introduce a new drug that's gonna put me back inside yall been out here living bro, you don't know what it's like in there! Stick to what we know and what we do best.” Great a argument in front of company.

“Why don't you find the supplier, and get you guys a meeting, that way Diamond gets his understanding of the drug and you guys can get the ball rolling on this.” Jenard looks at me before nodding and smiling.

“Okay... Yeah, I like that idea, okay bet. Good looking out big sis.” He tosses the vial to Diamond before he nods to Blaxton and the two guys who were there and they all leave out. It's silent for a while as Diamond sweeps up.

“Can we talk, please?” He continues to sweep not saying anything before putting the broom up and grabbing his phone, he does something before I hear his phone ding before he texts back before grabbing his coat talking as he leaves out.

“Let's go.” I get up grabbing my coat on the way out as he locks the door, we walk to his truck and he pulls off the ride is also silent as he pulls up to Slick Eddie's, I get out and follow him inside as we sit down at his booth, Rick comes up and asks us for our drinks and our food and I just get fries and a milkshake. We continue to sit in silence even after he puts our food down, I eat at my fries and shake until I see Tommy sit next to me. He nods smiling to me and I do the same. He looks to Diamond.

“How's business?” Rick comes back up asking us if everything is okay and as Tommy asks for Coffee he straight up says no and I chuckle. God these people are a mess.

“The streets are talking saying that Walter's behind that Serbs hit.” Their voices get lower and who the hell is saying that shit and for what? I swear the streets ain't the best source at all.

“No, shit, Walter? Maybe he's just crazy enough to finish what we started.” Diamond nods and I see him grab the vial out of his pocket and sits it down on the table pointing to it.

“What you know about this?” I look at Tommy and I see a caught look slip on and off of his face as soon as he's able to comprehend the question. He picks it up and tilts it up and down.

“What is it?”

“New drug. Dahlia.” Tommy nods looking impressed before sitting it back down. His posture has relaxed and he nods.

“Yeah? Sounds like a stripper name. I heard some things. Shit is pretty.” Diamond nods and looks over at me but I only catch it from my peripheral as I look at the vial imagining the neon glow it produces.

“Great high, but you already know the answer to that.”

“So how do you know? Celeste try it? You'd tried this shit?” I roll my eyes and shake my head.

“No, Jenard got it at some club. He liked it, now he's interested.” He nods before looking towards the vial again. “You know who's behind it?” They both behind it now so you can cut them in.

“You not sweating some new designer drug, are you?” I squint at him not understanding his angle on this new change in interest in getting him on board.

“Not sweating it. I didn't even really wanna touch it. But now I'm interested.” He definitely knows something now. I'm not sure if he saw Tommy's reaction or if he knows something outside of all my possible conclusions.

“Why not stick to the classics? Powder, cash, rinse, repeat.”Diamond keeps staring at the drug before starting to stand up, we follow and he speaks while putting it in his pocket.

“I don't know, Tommy, something about this feels different.” I stand next to him and Tommy sits back down.

“Oh yeah? What about it?”

“This... Can rewrite history.” I walk out of the diner with him following behind me and we get into the truck.

“He knows something about this shit.” I nod in agreement, even if it's not what I want to talk about its better than silence.

“I can ask Liliana if she knows something it.” He nods and readjusts himself and we go back to silence. Until he pulls up to my house. I frown and look over at him, but he keeps his head straight ahead and I huff nodding getting out slamming the door, I see him looking at me as I pass across the car and once I make it to the curb he let's down the window and I turn looking at him.

Meet me at the shop before seven on Saturday, make sure you go to the basement.” I cross my arms shaking my head, I feel my phone vibrate but I ignore it.

“And why the fuck should I? It's obvious I ain't ya favorite no more so what do you want?” He chuckles and looks away from me before looking back.

“This is business, C, you a grown woman do what you want. Just be around for business, we ain't gotta talk about anything else.” He let's the window up and I mug the moving truck before turning around grabbing my phone seeing its Liliana saying that they found the perfect batch. Great, I don't have to go too far, I wonder why they decided to do it at Malcom X college like out of all places, this one. I get into my car and head down the street and back down towards Western to the community College.

When I make it through the doors I see the four standing there looking at a test vial.

“So, I'm assuming that's it?” They all nod and I walk closer seeing it looks exactly the same.

“Props Doc, I knew you were good at yo job.” She thanks me and they all start to break there cuts in celebration. Tommy does a feel test and the doctor speaks.

“The chemical chain is the same as the original, it'll take half of MIT to figure out the configuration.” I nod impressed with her report. As she finishes Tommy has a bump for each of us but I'm definitely not testing the first so called okay batch no matter how much I trust the doctor.

“Celeste you ain't getting in on this celebration?” I shake my head and cross my arms.

“Not in that much of a celebratory mood, plus someone has to be somewhat aware and not under a influence.” They nod and they all take their bumps and they all gasp at different points in under a minute of the next. All giggling and I nod taking note of the weirdness of this. Drugs have always made me uncomfortable and addicts as well. I know all of them are different in their own way but they all have the same problem and mannerisms and that's what I can't deal with. If this isn't an addictive type of drug I'll appreciate it even more. So because of this let's hope this gets the correct recognition it needs to take off even farther than we all imagined.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 74 9
potential tw for: - mental health (depression, anxiety, etc) if there is anything else, i will add a warning before the chapter. This is for enter...
34.1K 1.1K 21
nunew a 21 year old , he lives in a small apartment, he struggles financially, he owes money to these guys/mafia. the boss finally has enough and tel...
80.4K 1K 74
"James you are all of my answered prayers" "you show me the way to your heart and I will never get out of there now that i'm in" **** A quiet girl w...
159K 5.7K 34
Have you ever wondered how life was being the big girl in class? Jazmine has. During middle school she was constantly bullied, even by the one person...