The Vampire Prince graduates...

By Mama_Kas

After surviving an assassination attempt, Alexander and Rin are adjusting to every day life. Not only is grad... More

Q&A
Development Project
For the Future
Career Exams
Promises
Invitation
Family Talk
Dinner
Confessions
A Whole New World
Senior Year
Orientation
Convenient
Quiet Moment
Unexpected
Second Breakfast
Theory
Letting the Cat out of the Bag
Internship
AU - Hot Chocolate at the park
Debts
Insecure
Back-Up Plan
My Brain Hurts
P.I.
Cooperation
Ice-cream Break
Let Me Hold Your Papers
Auction (Part 1)
Auction (Part 2)
The Truth
Building Bridges
Brownies make good breakfast
Digging for Information
Pep talk
Moving Forward
Insight
It Happened
Remain Calm
Lady Hargrave
Trust
Inside Job
Resurfaced
Not a Promise
Breach
In your Arms
Around the dinner table
Camellia
Roommates
Ambush
Henry
Betrayed
Call Him
Exercise Caution
Sold
Served
I Know
Gifts
Unwrapping
Traditions
Plans
What's the Rush?
A Traitor Among Us
Hacked
The Final Countdown
Love, Strength, and Trust
Well Wishes
To the Future
Times are Changing
Riot
We're Everywhere
Captured
Pawn
Exchange
Exposed
Escape
Rescued
The Truth Revealed
Sleeping Beauty
A Cure
Immobilized
Awakened
Princess
Loyalty
Graduation
Epilogue

Reply

643 41 1
By Mama_Kas

Soon after the gas attack, the bidding ceremony came to a close. I stayed in the private room with Alexander and the others. The television played all the news stations on the gas attack. Images and video flashes across the screen. There were ambulances outside the building and all victims were taken to a special hospital it seemed.

As the bodyguards came and went into the room, I sat down on a couch. My body sighed. It was then I noticed my throbbing feet.

I contemplated kicking my heels off when I felt my phone buzz. I reached into my pocket and saw my mom's number flash across the screen. Groaning, I stood and stepped outside.

"Hey," I said. "I'm fine. Nothing happened here."

"You sure?" Mom asked.

"Yes, We're fine. I'll be home as soon as we can. I'm sure traffic is terrible."

"Rin." This was Dad. "Don't go off with strangers."

I rolled my eyes. "I know Dad. I'll see you later. Bye."

Before they could ask me anything else, I hung up.

"Your parents?"

I turned in time to see Alexander step out of the room. His eyes flickered up and down the hallway. He didn't need to worry. There were guards posted every fifteen feet.

"Yeah," I said. "They were checking up on me. You okay?"

"Hmm? Oh, yes. I'm fine."

I walked to him and hugged him around the waist. I was careful not to wipe any makeup on his clothes.

"Don't lie. After something like that there's no way anyone wouldn't freak out."

He smiled though it was strained. "Can't hide it from you, huh? You seem okay though."

"I think I'm glad that it didn't happen here. I mean, it's terrible but I feel relieved and I know I shouldn't. Is that bad?"

"I don't think it's strange," he said. "Everyone process things differently."

"It's crazy," I continued. "Someone had to make this gas that specifically targets vampires. All because of their hate." I shook my head. "Instead of thinking of something that would help so many people, they make something that only hurts. I don't understand."

Alexander rubbed my back. "We slumbered for a better future and yet some vampires want to continue their dominance."

"I remember you told me about that," I said. "Your great-great grandpa rebelled against it and had the different royal families rule for a time."

"Yeah," he said surprised. "Late, most of responsibility fell to my family but that's another story."

"Are these the same vampires that cause the most current Slumber?" I asked.

He made a face. "Most likely. They still haven't given up their agenda." He grimaced. "To think I once wanted something like that."

"Glad you don't anymore."

He smiled. "Let's get you home. It's late."

"Joseph can take me home."

"Please let me take you home."

I bit my lip. "Okay. I'll send Joseph home."

After a quick text, we said good-bye to Violet and Noah. They looked ready to hold Alexander hostage. I couldn't blame them. Vampires weren't safe anyone. In a matter of hours, those officials would become human and there was a lot of things to take care of; the gas attack and the possibility of a new reality.

"I'll be careful," he assured them. "Have a bodyguard follow us but I want to take Rin home."

Violet walked to us and gave me a hug. "Good night." She looked at Alexander. "Don't take any chances."

"I won't."

Ten minutes later, we were on the road with one car in front of us and another car behind us. We took the private road and met little to no traffic.

We didn't speak. I was content on not talking. In the darkness, reality seemed to hit me like a truck. If the public realized vampires could become human, it would be a disaster. Then it would be a matter of time before Alexander's secret was out.

"What's going to happen to those officials?" I asked.

"Hmm? They'll be quarantined most likely and made to sign a NDA. Dr. Daniels will lead the medical examination. Probably wants to compare results. More data means more hope for a reverse serum or something."

"At least we know who's behind this," I said. "They can't hide forever."

"They're definitely pushing towards something," he said. "I doubt it's a good thing."

"Fair enough."

Almost half an hour later, if not more, we were waved into the neighborhood. Alexander slowed to a stop in front of my house. The light in the living room was on.

Unbuckling myself, I kissed Alexander. As I moved to leave, he pulled me back for another kiss then another.

"I have to go eventually," I whispered.

"One of these days you won't," he said.

I smiled. "Yeah. Good-night."

Inside, I found my parents dozing on the couch. I woke them and sent them to their room. I spent time wiping the makeup off with lotion before showering. My legs felt like jelly in the shower. Somehow, I made it to bed.

I slept in the next day. There were many waking moments but I didn't truly wake until almost noon.

Groggily, I searched for my phone. There was a message from Alexander waiting for me.

"Morning, call me when you can."

Frowning, I called him.

"Sleep well?" he asked as a greeting.

"Yeah. Still tired though."

"Same. It's been busy here. Dad, Violet, and Noah held a press conference and the government has sent their agents to investigate."

"Have the officials turn?"

He didn't answer. Then, "they've been quarantined. Dr. Daniel hasn't reported anything."

I bit my nail. Things were not looking good.

"I had you call me for a different reason," he said. "My mom sent us an invitation."

I sat up. "What?"

"Got it this morning."

"When?"

"In a couple of days. I haven't given her a reply yet."

I breathed a sigh of relief. "Okay."

As if on cue, my stomach growled. "I'll let you go. I know you're busy and I'm starving."

He chuckled. "Relax today. After yesterday, you earned it. Bye."

When the call ended, I laid back down. His mom wanted to meet me. What was she like? Would she approve?

My stomach growled again. First things first, I needed food.

A/N

Sorry about the delay. My computer deleted the whole chapter so I had to retype it. Thanks for your patience. FYI I'm still looking for beta readers for the new version of The Vampire Princes goes to High School.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6 0 7
After seventeen year old Alara is almost captured by rogue vampires, her father, the king, decides to tell her the truth of her dormant powers. Order...
31 0 1
Princess. All my life, I have been waiting to become Queen, to finally be entitled to the throne. Having sleepless nights, studying hard, practicing...
1.6K 438 42
(Completed novel) 
She's the Posytyve. The half human who will save humanity and the supernatural world from the Gloans. One mishap causes her to end...
20.5K 760 12
Life is all about making sacrifices.Werewolves are living with Anastasia Roberts right under nose. When she learns the shocking secret, her life take...