Silenced

De KoemiTheCoffeeCat

They were considered a model amongst their peers that displayed the very pinnacle of resolute loyalty to thei... Mai multe

1 | Flashbacks
2 | Isle Skirmish
3 | Vision Impaired
5 | New Arrival, Old Aquaintance
6 | Ravage
7 | Time Flies N' Bots Die
8 | Lost Lies
9 | Logical
10 | Hollow
11 | Unmasked
12 | Deal To Defect
13 | A Test Of Faith
14 | Misconceptions
15 | True Nature

4 | Broken Rememberance

690 25 2
De KoemiTheCoffeeCat

There was a thick fog - a light grey mist that enveloped all that could be seen. They couldn't pick out any distinct shapes or figures wherein they had suddenly been transported to, and had nothing to go off for their current location.

"There you are!"

Soundwave whirled around in a defensive stance when a cybertronian stepped into the mysterious haze.

"What are you staring into space over there for? Come on, take a seat." The mech laughed a little, a light-hearted glint in his cyan optics. A strange pang of familiarity struck Soundwave as they were pulled along by the bot out of the fog and into a city; reduced to wreckage.

"Plenty of seats." The golden mech managed a smile, taking their own spot on a piece of what once used to be a part of an unmistakably cybertronian structure. Soundwave knew then where they were. Or rather, where they had to be.

A dream.

And this golden bot, his paint chipped and faded past the point of no return, was none other than the Autobot accomplice to Soundwave's ultimate misfortune. The area was different; it wasn't the same place they had originally met before. Most likely a different sector of the city, more structurally stable and less buildings reduced to rubble. Most of all...less of the dead lying around.

"I know we haven't met long enough to be considered good friends, but I'd still like to get to know the real you, Soundwave." The golden mech entwined his servos together and hunkered down, his elbows resting in a composed manner on his stabilizing servos while holding an open gaze towards him. Soundwave rapidly twisted his face in suspicion.

How do you know my n-

"-Sure, Shiner."

Soundwave's body seemingly moved on its own, and spoke on its own. His initial question towards the golden mech didn't even look like it registered to him.

What the- what's going on? Did I just speak--normally? And to an Autobot no less? And that makes another point:

How did I know their name?

'Soundwave' folded his arms across his chest plate, still somewhat unwilling despite initially voicing his agreement. "After you tell me your story first. Rust Bucket." The edges of his mouth curled upwards into a slight smile. A smile. A visible one at that.

Soundwave's visor was no where to be found, and his unadulterated, masculine visage shone unveiled from the confinements of a mask. An utterly vulernable feeling dwelled uncomfortably within present Soundwave's tanks.

Shiners' optics squinted with a subtle grin, followed by a soft chuckle.

"Haha, yes. Rust bucket. It does seem that way, doesn't it? My pals from Iacon always said I was the brightest bot on all of Cybertron, but now it seems I've all but lost my sheen." He reminisced, the glow of his optics dimming slightly.

"Those were the days, weren't they..? Oh- right, I guess my days were probably better off than yours, considering we were on opposite sides of the war." Shiner noted their insignias, scratched out but not enough to be completely rid of them. Soundwave watched himself and this 'Shiner' in stunned silence.

"N-Not to stereotype or anything, it's just, Decepticons usually had it worse off because of the Caste System, y'know? Most of us Autobots had more domesticated affairs, rather than laborious. Megatron himself was a gladiator in the illegal Pits of Kaon." Shiner averted his gaze, swallowing nervously.

"...As was I."

Soundwave's low voice echoed out smoothly. Shiner's optics shot up in surprise. "Really? O-oh wow! You must be really strong then." He let out a short chuckle afterwards. Soundwave remained silent, his vibrant optics trailing to the ground.

What? I...I was a gladiator?

Still alligned with the Decepticons, yes, but then I suddenly went and deserted? No, no, this is nonsensical--how could any of this even be possible!

"I was never all that good at fighting out there in the battlefield. I was a cultural investigator, you see? Living the high life, really. I wasn't cut out to be an Autobot. Nor a Decepticon. But, I knew I still wanted to help, somehow. I hated seeing people dying out there, and I just knew in my spark that what the Decepticons were doing was wrong!" The former Autobot spoke with bright-eyed vigor.

"N-No offense..." Shiner later added in an anxious murmur. Soundwave shook his helm to the side plainly.

"None taken. I deserted the Decepticon faction because of that very fact. I did not want to be a part of such gruesome cruelty, once I saw what was happening behind Megatron's silver-tongued political rallies. The Decepticon cause that I once proudly stood for had been corrupted into something I no longer recognized. Even Megatron, whom I once thought to be the one to lead us all to a greater, fairer Cybertron.." Soundwave droned alongside a very slight computerized undertone, his faceplate held low. Shiner placed a servo onto their shoulder gingerly with a faint smile.

"Don't dwell on the past too much. There's nothing you or I could have done to stop any of this."

Present Soundwave's metaphorical gears were audibly winding and turning in his processor. The only way the Third in Command could possibly surmise what was happening before him was that he was reliving past events, but without any way to change them. He was simply a spectator to his own previous actions. The only problem that came with this theory however...is that Soundwave remembers none of this.

Soundwave looked back up at them, a questioning look in his mellow optics.

"...so, why did you leave? If your moral compass was so strong?" He asked. Shiner hummed in deliberation, tilting his head up and to the side. "I just, it didn't feel right, extinguishing another bot's spark, without any feelings of remorse or regret left for them, who might have been a decent friend before the war. Every time I shot a bot down, I felt utterly sick to my tanks." Shiner shook his helm, a bitter frown plastering onto his faceplate. Soundwave stared at them, unsure of what to say.

"I...do not fully share your sentiment for killing, albeit I have been more than accustomed to it. Yet, I do agree that I did not enjoy having to extinguish one's spark, unless under dire circumstances." Soundwave started slowly and carefully.

"The Decepticons now have turned into bloody brutes, ruthlessly massacring any who oppose them. Even neutrals." He said with a darkened, downcast gaze. Shiner's optics widened in surprise, yet let him continue.

"I was once on a mission with a small troop of Decepticons. We weren't close, just partners in arms. But, when I saw them slaughtering unarmed neutrals like they were nothing more than the filthy dirt they walked upon--I nearly snapped. I said to them that the whole affair was a waste of resources, but, perhaps I should have said more." Soundwave breathed out a self-depricating vent.

Shiner frowned, before cracking a small forced expression in the faint semblance of a smile. "Well, let's just hope they don't find us ex-faction bots, yeah? I doubt they would appreciate an either Autobot or Decepticon turned neutral, would they?" Shiner crossed his arms, looking to his friend.

"...No, no they would not."

.
.
.

Soundwave awoke in a violent stir, knocking more than a few things off a work table where he had been apparently resting whilst in his dreamstate. It took a few astroseconds, but Soundwave eventually regained full consciousness over himself, and stilled.

What went on in that dream couldn't presently be explained. How could Soundwave possibly relive something he never experienced? No doubt that device Knockout stole had something to do with starting the dream, but does its mechanisms truly have the capability to cause such unorthodox illusions?

No, something that lucid and realistic had to be real.

Soundwave sighed in frustration. No more time to dwell on it now. There was no telling how long they'd been out, and they still need to adjust their visor before somebot comes looking for them. They picked up the device and turned it over halfway, only a faint glow emanating from it now. Soundwave placed it back into the box, closing it firmly shut. Quickly, they secured their visor with the readily available tools and pushed it back into place. It was fully functioning now.

"Soundwave! You're still here? I thought you'd forgotten to come and tell me that your work was over. Guess I was too hasty." Knockout cocked his helm to the side with a smirk. Soundwave was just appreciative he didn't come a klik sooner.

"Now then, I was just going to pick something up, and then head back to the Vehicon's makeshift Rec Room. You can come along if you like." Knockout said in passing as he walked around Soundwave and into his usual domain.

"What do you say, pal?" Knockout was already back at the entrance hatch, data pad in hand, fully surprising Soundwave at his swiftness.

Pal...

The word reminded him of Shiner. Soundwave quickly shook the thought out of his mind, however.

"~Come along if you like." He repeated the words of the phsycician. Knockout's optics brightened, his dermas parting into a grin of intrigued disbelief.

"Really? Well then, let's go. I'll take you there."

Knockout lead Soundwave down the winding corridors, passing by a few Vehicons here and there yet still noticeably fewer than how many should have been posted there by an alarming notion. Soundwave was apprehensive about the lack of soldiers, until Knockout noticed and let out a short chortle.

"They're all safe, don't worry. I have a feeling the majority of them are in here." Knockout knocked twice with the back of his servo on the door and it whished open, revealing a packed den of Vehicons and energon. Liquid Energon to be exact. Soundwave found themselves dumbfounded.

"A little overwhelming at first I'm sure, but I'm certain you'll find someone in there to chat with." Knockout gestured inside. Soundwave didn't move a single circuit. Knockout made a short, awkward laugh.

"I know you're more the silent type, but that's still alright. Although it may first appear that I have the appearance for conversation, I'm not really one for small talk either." Knockout admitted quietly into Soundwave's audials, a rare expression of empathy crossing the doctor's faceplate. Soundwave looked to them with a blank stare, pausing before they spoke.

"-that's still alright."

They said. Knockout looked stunned for a moment, before he laughed with a grin. "Yes, yes it is."

They both made their way inside, weaving around the crowd of Vehicons that were overfilling their tanks with liquid energon, no doubt getting themselves overcharged with it. Megatron would most likely disapprove of this, but Soundwave would let them all off the hook today, since he was also an integral accomplice in all of this now. Soundwave absentmindedly followed Knockout around as he made his rounds, all the while still somehow avoiding an in-depth exchange of dialogue. Soundwave listened to bits of information passed around, but nothing was noteworthy.

Of course, 'noteworthy' in Soundwave's terms would be invaluable information serviceable to report to his leader; that or tips of suspicious, possible enemy information yet to be confirmed. Anything other than absolute facts or reports were a waste of time in the cold, decisive optics of the Third in Command.

However, since his post primarily consists of listening in to the entire ship's conversations, he can't help but be drawn into a few chats badmouthing various Decepticons. Such could be used as future blackmail, you see. Nothing Soundwave did was without benefit to his leader and the Decepticon cause. As such, if these secretive talks ever turned negative towards either his faction or Lord Megatron, the Second Leiutenant would righteously and mercilessly discipline them for their insubordination.

"We've been worked down to our circuits lately, wouldn't you say? Lord Megatron really never gives us a break." One drunken Decepticon voiced to another, following a loud, frustrated vent. The second Vehicon, just as overcharged as his companion, nodded with a roll of his optics behind his visor. "Sometimes I'd think a mutiny would get him to lighten up a bit, don't you agree?" The Vehicon raised his cube with an unconcerned chuckle.

His chuckle soon died down however when the sound of menacing strutsteps entered his audio recepters,  the Vehicon stiffening slightly, but not completely. The Third in Command of the Decepticons stomped over to the drunken pair and set his spindly digits silently, yet with menacing intent, onto one of their shoulder plates. The first Vehicon nearly choked on their drink before swinging around in angered surprise. The energon soon drained from both their faceplates, however, and they each dipped a slow, cautious nod to their superior.

"I would suggest--abandoning any rebellious thoughts--in the future, if only to save your life." Soundwave warned, the unwavering voices of Megatron and Breakdown sending chills down the spines of the Vehicons. Worse for the two, it was impossible to read the intent of Soundwave, only a inky black abyss staring blankly back at them like the vision of darkness itself.

Fearing for their lives and unwilling to test death in the form of Soundwave, the two Vehicons speedily backed away after a hasty nod and escaped his dangerous clutches. Leiutenant Soundwave tutted to himself in annoyance as he watched the two run off, a slight tinge of satisfaction rubbing off him at the fear he instilled within them. Now that the Vehicons had been taken care of, he glanced back to where he last saw Knockout, figuring he would continue to accompany him, only to then find that the Decepticon phsyician was nowhere to be found.

Slag.

Perhaps he should take it as a sign to go ahead and leave. There's nothing left for him here anyw-

"Soundwave, Sir, I didn't realize you were here." A flight-based Vehicon came up to him with welcome surprise in their voice.

Again with these bots.

And to think Soundwave figured himself not all too popular with the Vehicons. Perhaps his original deduction was wrong. Either that or this one was way too friendly.

"Would you like to share a drink with us?" The same seeker handed the Surveillance Chief a spare cube of the glowing lifeblood, his tone light and kind, despite the various scars and permanent battle wounds that would usually turn one cold and distant.

Probably the latter.

Soundwave did not motion to grab the liquid energon, only a lingering stare directed at the Decepticon. Almost immediately after their offer, they froze and dipped their head, realizing their mistake.

"Ah, I-I apologize for my erroneous proposition, Leiutenant." They apologized quickly before slinking quietly away to join back with their fellow Decepticons.

...I should recommend that one for a communications position on the Nemesis.

Soundwave stood silently, inconspicously surveilling the crowd as they all chattered along like earthly crickets, endlessly chirping in the confined space - a space Soundwave was progressively tolerating lesser and lesser as time went on. His optics traveled briefly to a differently colored Decepticon, initially believing it to be the scarlet painted physician, but upon further inspection found it to merely be their brawny assistant. Breakdown was joining in converse with a group of the mechanical, clone-like soldiers. Soundwave then took a double take, fixating his optics on him.

Wait, when did Breakdown arrive here? No. Its no matter. It isn't as if I'll be needing him for anything in particular.

Soundwave quickly dismissed his presence. With that, Soundwave made himself a path through to the pocket door and escaped, finally. And then a split-moment later, after the door closed, he dropped his helm and vented at his own stupidity.

Soundwave had forgotten to question Knockout before he made his way out. He wanted to ask where exactly the physician managed to ste--aquire... such an item as the strange engraved cube lying in the medical bay. Soundwave deduced that whomever was the creator of such a device could explain the reasoning behind his recent experience with it. But, for now, he will simply have to rely on his own logical reasoning, and determine the correct course of action as to what he does after he collects his thoughts...

______________________________________

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

6.4K 202 18
Soundwave...when you think of him you picture an emotionless mask, cold, calculating, deadly, blindly loyal to a tyrannical warlord...can an abused...
28.7K 716 9
Team Prime encounters the mysterious "right hand" of Megatron named Liberator who proceeds to exploit all of their weaknesses and strategically defea...
99K 3.9K 54
Hiding amongst the mountain peaks, (Y/N) (L/N) knew she would be found at some point. Whether it would be by the Autobots, Decepticons or her past, s...
2.5K 130 8
I write this little message to relate an...interesting event fallen upon our writer, Enigma or Anna. I, Alpha Trion, shall be your little guide to th...