A Hero From Beyond

By ZillyJams99432

|[ A BoBoiBoy × My Hero Academia Crossover ]| BoBoiBoy had finally done it. With his incredibly chilling fini... More

Quick Author's Note
CH 1 || Clash & Collide
CH 2 || Fighting Through It!
CH 3 || The Aftermath
82 101 118 101 114 115 101
CH 4 || Visitors
CH 5 || For The Time Being (Part 1)
CH 6 || For The Time Being (Part 2)
CH ?¿ || fŒrTH e tïmE ße IŃg (Part 3)
CH 7 || Please Bear With Me!
CH 8 || Lit A Fire
CH 9 || Why Even Bother?
CH 10 || Show 'Em Whatcha Got!
CH 11 || A Plan Of Action
CH 12 || The Trio
CH 13 || Victory & Defeat
CH 14 || Everything You've Got
CH 15 || This Is Our Match!
CH 17 || Hero Names & Internships
CH 18 || An Internship With Sensei!
CH 19 || From A Hero To A Villain
CH 20 || Resolve
CH 21 || To Look Death In The Face
CH 22 || Vulnerability

CH 16 || Rest Up, You Deserve It

3K 196 98
By ZillyJams99432

Not fully beta read, but still enjoy.
Reminder !! Look at the following clearly for I will be using them to indicate speech of different languages:
These are indicators that they are speaking Malay
These are indicators that they are speaking Japanese
" These are indicators that they are speaking English "
—————————

Shouto stared at his reflection in the mirror, a sigh escaping his lips, as he adjusted his jacket for the umpteenth time. He was just delaying himself, but he had to just suck it up and go. Reaching out to grab his belt bag, he halts when his eye catches the silver medal laying a few inches away.

His brows furrowed as his eyes fixated on it. After deliberating with himself, he reaches out and puts the medal inside his belt bag, taking it, before leaving his room. He passes by Fuyumi on the way to the front door, his sister trailing behind him curiously.

「 Shouto, where are you going? 」 Fuyumi asked her younger brother. 「 The hospital. 」 Shouto answered, his short response surprising his older sister.

「 What? All of a sudden? Why? 」 Fuyumi inquired, watching Shouto put on his shoes, a little bit worried. 「 Wait, Shouto, is it okay not to tell Dad? 」

「 Yeah. 」 Shouto replied.

The heterochromic boy's dismissive response doesn't ease Fuyumi's worry, the bigger question lingering at the tip of her tongue until she asks it, 「 Why do you want to see Mom now, after all this time? 」

「 I'll be back. 」 Shouto said, not answering his sister's inquiry, as he slid the door close behind him.

As he walked his way to the train station, Shouto's mind wandered back to the day his mother snapped. All the while, a mother and her child talked with each other happily as he passed by.

Somewhere in between his walk, while waiting for the pedestrian traffic light, Shouto notices a flower shop on the side. He contemplates whether or not to get a bouquet, but he doesn't get to think about it any further as the pedestrian traffic light turns green.

He doesn't know when he arrived in front of the hospital—the place where his mother stayed for several years. Staring up at the building, he can't help but think about why he never came here, his fears that held him back.

Every since that day, I thought my presence would put pressure on Mom, so I never went to see her. 」 Shouto thought to himself, 「 I'm sure she continues to be bound by me... by Dad...

The front desk people were shocked to see him, the people in the lobby staring at him agape. It took a moment for them to snap out of their daze and provide him with the floor and room number of his mother.

Standing in front of the elevator, Shouto slowly reaches out for the button to call the elevator when his hand bumps into someone else's. He jumped, immediately retrieving his hand, as he turned towards the person he accidentally bumped hands with.

Eyes shot wide open, Shouto stared surprised at the familiar appearance of a brunet with a small bouquet in his hands.

「 BoBoiBoy? 」 「 Roki? 」  The two teens said simultaneously. They stood in silence for a second before BoBoiBoy burst into soft giggles as Shouto let a small smile form on his lips.

「 What are you doing here? 」 Shouto asked, but looking at the flowers in the brunet's hand the answer was already there.

「 I'm visiting someone. I haven't visited her in a while because... I had a lot going on. 」 BoBoiBoy answered, his voice softening near the end.

Shouto's chest ached at the statement. Right . . . He was the start of the catalyst of events that happened to BoBoiBoy. Shout said things he never meant, then BoBoiBoy got attacked in his home, and then he separated himself from everyone because of what Shouto had said.

He must've been wearing a guilty look on his face when BoBoiBoy suddenly told him, 「 It's not your fault. 」 Surprised, Shouto looked up to see the brunet smiling at him.

「 Don't blame yourself. I understand, Roki. 」 BoBoiBoy said, extending his hand out, as he popped out a white tulip. Shouto stared at the flower, which the brunet conjured up, then the brunet.

「 I forgive you. 」

Shouto let out a soft gasp, his eyes locked on the white flower, as he reached out and took the tulip from BoBoiBoy. He held the flower close, almost like he was hugging it, as he bowed his head.

「 I'll be better... I promise. 」 Shouto whispered, loud enough for BoBoiBoy to hear, as he felt a hand place itself on his shoulder. 「 And I'll be here for you, anytime. 」 BoBoiBoy said.

Lifting his head up, Shouto hears the elevator ding as its doors open. BoBoiBoy must've pressed the elevator button somewhere in between their conversation. They enter the elevator, pressing the floor that they were both coincidentally going to.

During the ride up, the two made small talk, starting with BoBoiBoy asking Shouto his previous question right back at him. 「 I'm here to visit my mom... 」 Shouto told BoBoiBoy, fidgeting with the tulip in his hand.

「 Maybe I should've gotten her some flowers... 」 Shouto mumbled, regretting not buying a bouquet from the flower shop back then.

Suddenly, Shouto's view is filled with a bouquet of purple hyacinths and blue hydrangeas. He glances at BoBoiBoy, who seemed to be offering his bouquet to him.

Shouto shook his head. 「 No. No. I can't take yours... 」 He tried to decline but BoBoiBoy was persistent. 「 Trust me, it's fine. 」 The brunet reassured, placing the bouquet in the heterochromic teen's free hand.

BoBoiBoy then conjured up more flowers, adding a few daffodils and lily of valleys to the bouquet, as Shouto just stared silently, grateful to the brunet's generosity.

Exiting the elevator once they arrived on their floor, they walked the halls of the hospital as Shouto scanned for the room his mother was in. They stop right in front of the said room: 『 315 : Mrs. Todoroki

Turning towards BoBoiBoy first, Shouto gave him a look. 「 Can you stay here? If it's not a bother. 」 He inquired, to which the brunet nodded happily.

Looking between the tulip and bouquet in his hands, Shouto puts forward the tulip to BoBoiBoy. 「 Can you hold this for me? 」 He asked, not wanting to accidentally lose it.

BoBoiBoy took the white flower back, looking at it for a moment then at the heterochromic teen's wrist. Gently taking the other's hand, BoBoiBoy creates a vine that loops around Shouto's wrist, adding small yellow orchids and small dahlias to the vine band with the white tulip in the middle as the main centerpiece.

Shouto looked at the white tulip turned bracelet and couldn't help but give BoBoiBoy a small grateful smile. BoBoiBoy mirrored him, only his smile was wider. Turning towards the door where his mother laid behind, Shouto reached out towards the handle but stopped midway.

That's why, in order to aim to become a hero again with this body, with everything I have... Shouto thought to himself, apprehension clear on his face.

Glancing at the brunet, Shouto sees BoBoiBoy give him a reassuring nod before remembering his mother's comforting words, he takes a deep breath and grabs hold of the door's handle. Sliding it open and revealing his mother, he finds her staring out her window, sitting upon a chair with a piece of paper in her hands.

In order to become my ideal hero, I need to see her and talk to her... 」 Shouto thinks to himself as he sees his mother's head perk up at the sound of the opening door. Turning her head around slowly, Rei meets Shouto's eyes, recognizing the familiar face now standing in front of her.

There's so much we need to talk about... Shouto thought, looking at the bouquet in his hands, as his brows furrowed. Looking up to meet his mother's gaze again, Shouto forced out a word out of his lingering tongue.

「 Mom... 」 Shouto's voice trembled at the word as they stared at each other for a while, silent.

Even if she doesn't want it, I will rescue her from here. 」 Shouto told himself mentally, taking a step closer, 「 That is my starting line. That is how I feel.

「 I... 」 Shouto trails off, unable to find the right words to say at the moment, and extends the bouquet out to his mother.

Rei takes the bouquet, admiring the flowers, with a small smile on her face. Shouto hasn't seen that smile in years but the sight still warmed his heart. And it seems like that's all he needed to see as the words came spilling out.

「 I'm sorry. 」 Shouto averts his mother's gaze, scared to see her reaction. 「 I never blamed you for what happened. I wouldn't blame you if you hate me... if you don't want to see me anymore... 」

「 Oh Shouto... 」 Rei said his name so fondly. 「 I never blamed you. I blamed myself. I never hated you. I hated myself for what I did. 」 She reassures her son, reaching out for his hand but stops and hesitates.

「 If anything, you have every right to blame me, hate me, never want to see me again. I'm so sorry, Shouto. For everything... 」 Shouto's head shot up, his mother's teary happy face greeting him.

「 ...but I'm so happy you came to visit me. 」 She said with a wobbly smile.

Shouto immediately took his mother's hands, grabbing them in his. 「 It wasn't your fault. I never blamed nor hated you, Mom. 」 He told her as Rei's eyes widened.

「 I- I'm glad I came, too. 」 Shouto admitted with a small smile.

—————————

BoBoiBoy sat waiting outside the room. He could hear muffled voices from the other side and felt himself smile. Recalling everything that's happened up till now, he finally feels like his usual self now.

Hearing the door slide open, BoBoiBoy glances over and sees Shouto gesturing for him to come in. BoBoiBoy practically jumped from his seat, excitedly walking over and entering the room with Shouto.

Rei's eyes widened at the sight of BoBoiBoy, and oblivious as ever, Shouto tried to introduce them to each other. 「 Mom, this is— 」

「 BoBoiBoy...? 」 Rei muttered, almost in disbelief, and interrupted the now confused Shouto. BoBoiBoy nodded his head, 「 Hi Rei... I'm sorry for not visiting in a while. 」 The brunet apologized but Rei was just happy to see him again.

「 I know. Yamada-san had informed me somewhat of what happened. 」 Rei stated, surprising BoBoiBoy a bit, 「 I'm just glad that you're well. 」

「 I hope you've been well, too. 」 BoBoiBoy said as Rei nodded in response.

Meanwhile, Shouto stared between his mother and friend in stunned silence. It took him a good minute to snap out of his daze, quickly realizing something. Shouto whipped his head towards BoBoiBoy, making him jump at the sharp motion.

「 Wait... Is this what you meant by when you said you already knew? 」 Shouto questioned as BoBoiBoy burst out in giggles at his reaction before nodding in affirmation.

「 I... I need to sit down... 」 Shouto mumbled as BoBoiBoy helped him carefully sit himself down on a chair.

Shouto was swift to process the news, and he was very cool about it afterwards. It didn't really make things awkward as he had thought, if anything, it made things a lot more comfortable.

Whenever Shouto found himself struggling to converse, BoBoiBoy was there to jump in just in case. They caught up with each other for the majority of the time there with Shouto telling his mother of his rekindled goals as Rei was happy for her son to finally be able to move forward.

They talked about the sports festival, even showing off their gold and silver medals respectively. 「 I'm so proud of you two, 」 Rei said, delighted when seeing the two teens' flushed expressions, as they mumbled words of gratitude.

BoBoiBoy glanced at his and Shouto's medals, an idea popping up in his head, as he reached out to the heterochromic teen's medal. 「 Roki, let's switch! 」 BoBoiBoy exclaimed.

Blinking, Shouto stared at BoBoiBoy, momentarily confused, before realizing what the brunet had meant. 「 You want to switch medals? 」 Shouto inquired as BoBoiBoy nodded in confirmation.

「 Yeah! I can have yours, and you can have mind. What do you say? 」 BoBoiBoy said.

Shouto thought about it for a moment, apprehensive. He didn't know if it was truly okay to take such a momentous reward that BoBoiBoy earned. But when BoBoiBoy gave him this mischievous grin, leaning into his ear, as he whispered something that made Shouto chuckle, smirking at the idea.

「 Let's do it. 」 Shouto agreed, and BoBoiBoy's grin grew wider at his response. 「 I knew you couldn't resist! 」 BoBoiBoy exclaimed as the two exchanged medals.

Rei watched them in content. It was a sight for sore eyes to see her son and his friend smiling together. She wonders if this is the start of her life finally turning around for the better. Looking at the two smiling teens, she thinks it is.

—————————

「 See you next week, Rei!/Mom.」 BoBoiBoy and Shouto said simultaneously, earning a soft chuckle from the white-haired woman.

「 See you again. 」 Rei replied, waving goodbye to them, as the two teens left.

Shouto finds himself listening to BoBoiBoy talking as they make their way back to the lobby. He was worried about today, but now, he was grateful he didn't chicken out last minute.

He doesn't realize they were already outside until a familiar voice calls out to the brunet, "Hey Little Listener!" BoBoiBoy runs up to Present Mic, greeting him back, as the blond man waved at them with Aizawa, their homeroom teacher, beside him.

To say Shouto was confused was an understatement. He watched his friend talk with their teachers so casually, and in English, that Shouto wonders how they got so close in a span of a month. Unless . . .

He quickly finds himself snapped out of his thoughts by BoBoiBoy. 「 Do you want to come along, Roki? We can drop you off at your house. 」

Shouto contemplated for a moment. Did he really want to go home? Not really. Before he could come to a conclusion, it seems BoBoiBoy knew exactly what to say to get him on board. 「 Oh! We can go to that soba place you recommended on the way, Roki! 」

「 Soba? 」 Shouto perked up, making BoBoiBoy smile wider. The two teens turn towards the two adults. Aizawa just sighed, nodding along with Yamada, as they settled themselves in the car.

BoBoiBoy filled the time in between by chatting with everyone in the car. He told the two adults about his day, and Shouto can't help but notice how they interacted with each other.

「 Are you their secret love child? 」 Shouto whispered quietly to BoBoiBoy, but not quiet enough because Aizawa choked at his words whilst Yamada nearly crashed the car.

His brunet friend gave him an amused look. 「 No. We're not. 」 Shouto's unconvinced look left BoBoiBoy bursting into laughter.

—————————

BoBoiBoy and Shouto ate their sobas in Aizawa's living room. Never had Shouto thought he'd come over to a teacher's house nor a friend's house. The teens swapped turns in changing the television's channels.

「 I've never done this before. 」 Shouto mumbled, earning a curious hum from BoBoiBoy. 「 I've never gone to a friend's house and hung out with them outside of school. 」

BoBoiBoy let out a muffled gasp. 「 Not even a sleepover? 」

Shouto titled his head. 「 What's a sleepover...? 」 BoBoiBoy practically choked on his noodles when heterochromic teen said that as Shouto lightly patted the brunet's back.

「 What?! That's it! We're having one! 」 BoBoiBoy exclaimed as Shouto sighed. 「 Maybe next time. 」

The sound of meows interrupted their conversation as Mako and Kumo emerged out of nowhere. Shouto, frozen in place, watched as the two felines curled into the heterochromic teen's left side.

「 Hehe! They like your warm side. 」 BoBoiBoy commented, reaching over to scratch the felines' necks. BoBoiBoy looked over to Shouto and frowned when he saw his heterochromic friend's hesitant eyes.

Taking Shouto's left hand, BoBoiBoy placed his hand on top of Mako's head. Shouto's eyes widened at the softness of the black cat's fur, slowly running his fingers through it.

「 Her name is Mako, and this is Kumo. 」 BoBoiBoy introduced, taking Kumo from Shouto, as the white feline meowed at the brunet.

「 Mako usually doesn't like strangers but I guess she likes you! 」 BoBoiBoy remarked as Shouto looked at Mako with sparkles in his eyes.

Their moment was cut short when the channel changed into a new channel. The subject of the news caught their attention: 『 "Is Ingenium beyond recovery?" Hosu City, Tokyo

「 The escaping culprit had already killed 17 heroes in the past and hurt 23 heroes beyond recovery—the exclusive hero killer. Villain name: Stain. 」 The news anchor explained as the teens watched in silence.

"BoBoiBoy, the television..." Aizawa and Yamada enter the room, halting in place when they realize that the teens had already seen.

BoBoiBoy looked at the raven-haired man with worry. "Is... Is Tenya gonna be okay...?" BoBoiBoy knew Aizawa wouldn't have the answers, the raven-haired man's expression telling him it all.

"I don't know, kid... We can only wish for the best." Aizawa said, taking the remote and changing the channel.

A tense silence filled the air . . .

"Hold on, is that Mako?" Yamada asked as the said black cat meowed lazily at the blond man. BoBoiBoy laughed while, impressed, Aizawa stared at Shouto with a nod.

They were a strange trio, but it felt nice being in their presence. Shouto liked this.

Shouto had to leave.

Yamada offered to drive the heterochromic teen back to his house, to which Shouto gratefully accepted. BoBoiBoy waved goodbye to his friend, but before Shouto left, he gave the brunet a quick tight hug. It startled BoBoiBoy but he quickly returned the embrace.

Aizawa and Yamada looked at the two friends, the blond man awing at them as the raven-haired man stayed silent. Shouto and Yamada then left, saying their farewells to the dark-haired duo.

They watched the car disappear in the distance. Feeling a hand placed itself on his head, BoBoiBoy looked up to Aizawa. "You did good today, kid."

BoBoiBoy felt tears threatening to fill his eyes again. "Thank you, Mr. Zawa."

—————————

—————————

Ochobot wandered the spaceship aimlessly. He hadn't gotten the chance to recharge himself today but the power sphera couldn't sleep . . . not with BoBoiBoy gone. He wandered and wandered.

Until he finds himself in the presence of his best friend's father. The bags under the man's eyes were evidence of all his restless nights. Ochobot floated towards the withered man.

【 You need sleep Mr. Amato. 】 Ochobot said, a bit hypocritical of him. The man shook his head, 【 You're right... but I can't seem to sleep tonight, too. 】 Amato confessed, his voice groggy.

【 Me too. 】 Ochobot admitted, situating himself next to the sitting man. 【 I can't... every time I close my eyes... I see him... 】

【 Ochobot, right? 】 Amato inquired rhetorically before asking or more of requesting Ochobot, 【 Could you tell me what I missed? There must've been a lot... 】

【 I could... 】 Ochobot responded, wanting a compromise, 【 Only if... if you tell me about him when he was younger. 】 Amato nodded.

For the next few minutes, hours, they couldn't tell. Stories of BoBoiBoy's adventures as a tiny child, then during his time at Pulau Rintis and then during his time in the galaxy. Occasionally they would let out a broken chuckle, or sigh, or just stay silent. And by the end of it, Ochobot felt a bit angry.

【 I just don't get it... Why couldn't you come home? 】 The power sphera questioned, his anger seeming into his voice. 【 Postcards aren't the best birthday presents, y'know! I hate whenever he would get sad because you didn't come home! 】

Amato let the power sphera shout at him, releasing his anger and sadness out, 【 And then now... he's gone... and I don't know when I'll ever see him again... 】

The two stayed silent for a moment before Amato stood up from his place. Ochobot stared up at the man who beckoned him to follow him. Ochobot decided to follow him as they entered an area of the ship he didn't realize was there.

Ochobot watched the man type the code on the keypad, the door opening and revealing a room . . . filled with gift-wrapped boxes? Realization hit the power sphera when he counted each box inside. The exact same amount of birthdays he couldn't attend.

【 I never wanted to be so far away. 】 Amato said, running his fingers on the boxes with a sad expression. 【 I would send these to him, but we don't exactly have good delivery services in space. 】

【 I would come home but it takes much longer for me to do so. Missions are always given to me at the wrong times. 】 Ochobot felt guilty, of course the man wouldn't have teleportation powers to go home, and missions had always messed with their schedules, too.

Amato wasn't to blame for those. He obviously loved his son very much. 【 I wished I could go home, Ochobot. I really do... 】

Silence filled the air once again. Ochobot contemplates in his mind for a moment. 【 When we get him back... 】 Ochobot said, 【 ...we'll throw him a big party... 】

【 And you will be there, got that! 】 Ochobot exclaimed at the man, who nodded profusely. Placing a hand on the power sphera's head, Amato patted him. 【 You're a good kid, Ochobot. 】

【 I promise to bring him back. 】

—————————

—————————

Feeling the cool midnight breeze brush their face, blowing their hair lightly along, as they just felt the world around him. Their eyes suddenly snap open, piercing violet eyes flickering everywhere and nowhere.

【 They're close... 】 Their distorted, strained voice erupted from their mouth. Their eyes settled, narrowing before glancing at the abandoned bar, a manic grin forms on their face.

【 I wonder... 】

—————————
Kinda filler but kinda not.

Rei, Shouto, & BoBoiBoy finally getting together! And maybe we'll see this trio more ;)

Ah, Conspiracy Theorist Shouto really be out here thinking everyone with a close relationship with a pro hero is a secret love child 😂 (a sweet oblivious boi)

Ochobot and Amato 😭

. . . strange figure . . . what are you planning . . . ? 🤨

With the end of the Sport Festival Arc, gimme some questions you have! (Note: I will keep my answers mostly spoiler free so don't expect me giving out too much)

Thanks for the reads and comments! See you in the next update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 394 16
Izuku Midoriya is far from being normal. Saved by his biological parents when his planet was on the brink of collapse, he is sent towards the plane...
42.5K 2.3K 23
It was just a ridiculous event. No one knew what happened before it happened. Shigaraki, Overhaul, Aizawa as well as some hero in training met at a c...
304 22 6
Harry thought his life was over. That just when things should have been going the best for him, everything that had come crashing down around him ins...
212K 9.2K 40
With his dreams shattered and his future seeming to be lost, Izuku Midoriya runs. He ran away from police custody before they even knew what to do wi...