bloodied crown - hyungwonho

By chaoskkyun

a fight that has gone on for decades has to be put on pause as a bigger issue arises or two leaders have to w... More

1: Only the Beginning
2: Do your worst.
4: Quack
5: Backup's backup
6: An Offer
7: Pros and cons
8: Bang.
9: On Track.
10: An Ally.
11: So Professional
12: A Gift
13: Comfort
14: What now?
15: Why?
16: That woman.
17: Trust
18: Lukewarm Coffee, Honesty and A Mole Trap

3: You're bluffing

12 4 0
By chaoskkyun

⎔⎔⎔

"He's still out?" Kihyun asked from the door and Wonho nodded his head slowly, unsure of what to do. At first, he had thought the dose he injected was too large but when he tried he could find a pulse from the younger leader's neck. That meant he was still alive, right?

He was by no means a medical professional.

"You know, it's a matter of time before his men find out so..." Kihyun then commented making the leader send him a glare. That made the younger close his mouth right away. "You think I'm not aware of that?" he shot back, crossing his arms as he leaned back in his own chair. I.M would be knocking on their front door in a few hours, probably ready to press a knife to the person's throat who would be the one to open the door.

"Just go see how everything's going. I got the USB from his belongings already but I want to know more." He ushered the younger man away and the door fell shut, the sound echoing in the concrete room. 

Wonho brought a hand up to his face, hissing a little when he brushed over his nose. It still ached from the blow Hyungwon had given him back in the car, not to mention the scratch marks on his wrist; he had never had anyone fucking scratch him as self-defense.

He honestly just felt like cutting the other's nails short just for that one incident. Just to be petty

Although he hated the unconscious man before him, he was a worthy opponent. Their meetings were never boring since they were constantly at each other's throats. Though it was a blow to Wonho's pride whenever Chae Hyungwon beat him in a fight, he knew the other man felt the exact same way whenever he was held down like a ragdoll.

Nonetheless, Chae Hyungwon had talked to the two new people at the banquet and Wonho knew he wasn't going to get anything out by going through a civil negotiation. The two people who didn't spare anyone else a glance, not even him, Shin Wonho. Everything about them felt off and Hyungwon had seemed to smell some fishy business too. He noticed how the first thing the other leader did after walking away from the pair, was text someone.

So he'd just dig out what information he could before letting the other leader go. As long as he didn't hurt the man too much, he couldn't be held responsible for anything.

There was no way those two could show up from the blue and the fact they barely talked to anyone. Wonho, sadly, couldn't read lips and he wasn't blessed with the power of super hearing that would allow him to eavesdrop on the two men over the mixture of loud chatter and classical music.

A pained groan echoed in the small space, drawing Wonho's attention back to the real world. Hyungwon finally, after a few hours, had raised his head, eyes squinted. "Morning, sunshine." Wonho grinned, leaning on the table between them.

His voice caught the other leader's attention immediately as the brown eyes opened wide. "Where the hell am I?" he spat, his once smooth voice now rough and strained from what had happened in the car. There was a large, nasty bruising on his neck left by the silk tie he used to choke the man. "You can use that brain of yours to deduct that, Chae. You're smart enough, aren't you?" Wonho replied with a slightly mocking smirk, pushing himself up from his seat.

A deep sigh escaped from the other man as he looked around, muttering something that sounded amusingly close to 'at least he didn't use chloroform.'

Hyungwon's attention returned to him soon enough and the brown eyes hardened to a sharp glare. "If you don't let me go this instant I'll.." "You'll what?" Wonho interrupted, walking around the table to stand behind the younger man. Hyungwon rattled his handcuffs in protest and scoffed. "You have some guts." He scowled, trying to turn his head to look at him but Wonho grabbed the sides, keeping it straight. He trailed his fingers across the other's jaw to his neck and jabbed them into the bruised skin, earning a pained sound from the other.

"You're in my domain now. I do the talking here, Hyungwon," he spoke before letting out a small sigh. He soothed the area he had pressed down on a little before moving his hands to the other's shoulders, giving them a firm squeeze.

He needed to try and calm the younger first before he could get anything to fall from those plump lips. "And now, you should start telling me everything you know. About the attack on my home and those two people at the banquet." A low laugh echoed in the room as Hyungwon shook his head. Clearly, this wasn't going to be as simple as he had thought.

Of course. It's not like he's not the cry baby you helped over ten years ago anymore.

"Choke me, cut me, hit my head on the table; Do fucking whatever but I am not telling you shit, Shin." The younger then spat and the other nodded his head slightly. His speculations about this not being as easy as just smooth-talking his way through it was more than correct. Chae was a tough nut to crack.

"Are you listing out your kinks for me, Princess?" The older chuckled, seeing the other tense up in annoyance. "Shut the fuck up." "Hit a nerve?"

Wonho moved back to his previous spot on the empty chair and settled in a comfortable position before taking out a revolver from the inside of his suit jacket. He placed it on the table slowly, all the while keeping eye contact with the other. Hyungwon's eyes fell on the weapon quickly before coming back up.

"You think that scares me?" he chuckled, leaning back in his seat calmly. "I was hoping so." The older spoke, grabbing the gun into his hand and spinning the cylinder. He then aimed the gun at the younger, narrowing his eyes. "You really want to play like this?" He asked, cocking his head slightly.

Both of them knew that everything would be over much quicker if Hyungwon just opened that mouth of his. But Wonho also knew that his dear opponent was stubborn and he wasn't even sure if he'd break under the pressure Russian roulette would bring.

"Pull it," Hyungwon smirked and leaned forward as best as he could, keeping eye contact with him, clearly challenging him. So he did it, and the first chamber was empty. What a shame. He then turned the gun on himself, calmly pressing it against his own temple and observing the younger as excitement flashed in his eyes staring back at him. He pulled the trigger, shoulders relaxing when it clicked, signaling it was a dud again.

"Just tell me, Chae," he urged on as he aimed the gun again right at Hyungwon's head. Only one shot and it would all be over. "Over my dead, God damned body, Shin." The handcuffed man spat back, visibly flinching when he pulled the trigger. Wonho saw him clench his jaw a little as he realized that they weren't playing around any longer and smirked.

"You're really not doing anything special here. You're not the first one to point a gun at my head, Shin." Hyungwon spat harshly yet was visibly tense as Wonho pointed the gun at himself again, nodding. "I never doubted that." He replied calmly, closing his eyes as he pulled the trigger.

He had been playing with his own life here too, but the burden was lifted from his own shoulders now. Four shots down and no bullet had been launched. And there was now one chamber left. One bullet.

He let his eyes open slowly, focusing his gaze on the younger man before him as he took aim. "You're not dumb enough to shoot me. Not now, not ever." Hyungwon seethed out, eyes locked on him and Wonho just shrugged. The other was getting nervous, judging by the way his adam's apple bobbed when he swallowed, and Wonho reveled in the fact that he was the one making the other cower. "At least I get to say it took the shot you never dared. Is everyone in your bloodline such cowards?"

Hyungwon's teeth pulled on his bottom lip hard enough to draw blood at the rate he was tugging on it. He definitely seemed to have a few choice words he wanted to spit out, but was holding back. "So? Still not going to talk?" he asked, tilting his head a little bit.

The tall man kept his mouth shut which made Wonho sigh and pull back the hammer on the revolver. He kept stern eye contact with the younger man as he gently pressed down on the trigger. The corners of the plump lips twitched as the other held back. "Tell me, Princess." Wonho coaxed seeing the snarl forming on the pretty face. He must've really hated the nickname that he used so dearly. "I already have the USB drive."

"Fucking fine." He spat only after a few seconds making Wonho chuckle lowly and he lowered the weapon, nodding his head and allowing a grin to spread on his face. Hyungwon turned his head to the side, body visibly relaxing as he heaved out a deep breath.

"Who precisely attacked my home?" Wonho then asked, crossing his arms. He'd have limited time before those lips were sealed again so he wasn't wasting a single precious second. Hyungwon let out an audible groan, tilting his back. "His name is Han Jaeshik and is 40. The rest of his file was empty, cleaned up by his boss I presume, so we haven't been able to track him down." the man explained, scoffing at the end slightly. "Yet you managed to find all this info on him? How?"

Chae rolled his eyes a bit. "Caught him in the stairwell of my apartment building. Managed to get his DNA... That's not the point here, is it? It's all on the USB stick you took, by the way, so you could've taken that and kept your hands off me." the man huffed out, slouching in his chair slightly for a short second before sitting back up straight.

He had the USB stick, true, but hadn't yet gotten around to see what was on it. Hyungwon must've been on his way to meet up with someone else, considering he had it with him at such an important event. Hyungwon definitely wasn't an idiot so if he wasn't on his way somewhere he wouldn't keep anything valuable on him.

It was only proven further by the simple suit he had worn and the lack of accessories.

"Ah, so that's how you got stabbed? Is that like a hobby of yours?" Wonho shot, the annoyed look in the brown eyes changing into a hard glare. "The fuck do you know?" he asked, a few strands of hair falling on top of his face. Wonho could just grin, leaning on the table with his elbows. "More than enough, I figure. The first time we talked is..." "Yeah yeah. You're a shit stitcher, by the way. It left a fucking ugly scar." Hyungwon interrupted him, jaw clenching.

He thought the encounter had been okay, nice even. It was the only time they had ever actually gotten somewhat along. Both of them had been young and clearly idiotic enough to not see the problem at the moment.

A low sigh echoed in the room as the other shook his head next, easily moving on with the topic. He was clearly eager to get out. "Anyway... The hand you received was the right hand of Kim Kangmin. Funny enough, he was a double agent from your side." Wonho furrowed his eyebrows slightly at the words. "No. He was sent by you." he deadpanned making the other let out a loud laugh. "Bullshit. I let him run off because I thought he'd not be dumb enough to crawl to you eventually." he huffed, tilting his head back for a moment to compose himself. "Fortunately, he only returned in pieces. Only that I don't know where the rest of his corpse is except two hands." 

"Two?" If the younger could've, he probably would have been pinching the bridge of his nose as Wonho had seen him do often when observing from the sidelines when someone didn't get his point or whenever he was pissed off. Hyungwon wasn't one to hide his displeasure or any emotion; his face was quite expressive. "I got his left hand. I guess there's no point in hiding it." Hyungwon then reluctantly muttered out, licking his lips a little bit.

Interesting.

"And those two people at the event? Who were they?" He loved seeing the angry twitches on the other's face as he got questioned. It probably wasn't a position he was used to. "Why do you care?" "Because they spoke to you. Only you. There's something they must want." Hyungwon drew in his lips and breathed deeply through his nose. His eyes fell shut for a few seconds as his eyebrows furrowed. "They're from a group called Oblivion, Son Ilsang is the leader. Sounds like bullshit to me but taken as I'm stuck here..." the man stomped at the cement floor with his leg stubbornly and opened his eyes. "I don't have anything on them yet." he finished making Wonho chuckle.

He got up again, slowly walking over to the other man, and sat down on the edge of the desk in front of the cuffed leader. Hyungwon had to significantly tilt his head upward to meet his gaze and for once, Wonho didn't need to be the one who got looked down on. He could see why the younger might enjoy the feeling. It gave a sense of power, especially in this situation. "That's more than enough, I think I can work with this," he replied, nodding his head, and reached to pat the younger on his cheek a little. "You did well," he cooed, smirking a little bit as the other glared at him coldly.

"You know, I enjoyed it a lot more when you looked at me like you admired me,"  Wonho stated next which drew a sarcastic laugh out of the younger. "And when have I done that?" he spat back but before the older could reply with his examples, a hard punch landed on his face.

Hyungwon let out a huff, chair screeching as he stood up. He grabbed onto Wonho's shirt collar and the older just let him. "There's nothing to admire in you," Hyungwon spoke harshly, jerking his brows a little bit, giving him a hard shove before stepping away right as the door opened.

Wonho straightened out his shirt, turning his head toward the door. "I.M is here..." Minhyuk said bluntly and the leader turned his head toward the other who was rubbing his wrists to soothe them a little bit. "Go," he said to the younger who rolled his eyes again. "Don't have to tell me twice."

He followed with his gaze as the taller one started walking out of the room. He called out for him one more time and grabbed the gun that was still laid on the table, aiming it at Chae. The other man narrowed his eyes a little bit and Wonho pulled the trigger, the gun only letting out a click that echoed in the cement room. "Thanks for your cooperation," He smirked, watching the other's eye corner twitch as the realization hit the younger.

Maybe, just maybe, he had used a completely empty gun to mess with the other man. He actually hadn't expected the other to cave in, but he did. Which was just better for Wonho, but he felt a slight twinge of guilt in his chest that he pushed away quickly.

"You motherfucker." Hyungwon spat, striding over and grabbing him by his throat to push him down against the desk. "Never, ever fucking pull anything like this again, get it?" the man hissed loudly, voice almost a growl. His fingers quickly tightened around Wonho's throat, nails digging into his skin and the older's hands shot up in an attempt to remove the grip. Even so, he wasn't really pushing him down onto the desk. "I'll tear down everything you have ever cared for. Just fucking watch me."

The older leaned upward, bringing their faces together, and smirked at the other. Anger was burning in the eyes looking down at him, only getting fueled by his actions. He heaved out a breath, making sure the air hit the other's face. "Feel free to try." he let out, copying the tone the man had used on the phone during their latest call.

With that, Hyungwon got suddenly ripped away, and before Wonho could react a slap echoed in the small room. He focused his gaze on the pair, spotting Minhyuk holding his face with an expression of surprise on his face. "You, don't ever fucking touch me again." he hissed at the man, straightening out his shirt with a swift movement.

When Wonho was going to berate him for laying a hand on one of his men, Chae gave him a glare cold enough to drive him into silence. He was playing on very thin ice now and shouldn't push the other leader further. Without any words, the tall man asked out of the room.

"Are you okay?" Minhyuk asked and the leader nodded his head a little bit as he cleared his throat. "Shit, he has a death grip." he breathed out, glancing at his right-hand man. "But be worried about yourself. Did he hit hard?" 

Minhyuk let out a husky laugh, lowering his hand from his cheek. "It's fine. I can take one backhand," he assured with his usual bright smile. The leader could just nod with a relieved sigh. "Go after him. Make sure he goes out without doing anything stupid," he instructed and the other nodded his head before running off after the other leader.

He had made one mistake during all of this. And that had been underestimating the other man. 

Chae, despite looking like he was related to an electricity pole, was a skilled fighter and fast as hell even without the same strength that Wonho himself had. And clearly, he had been handcuffed more than once in order to free himself without drawing attention to it.

He had gotten more information than he had expected to get, but it was more than enough for the time being. He could work with names and find enough info with the help of his men if not all on his own. 

"Oblivion.. I've never heard of them," he mumbled under his breath, softly massaging his throat. He got off of the table and straightened out his clothes a little bit before walking out of the interrogation room.

Everything seemed to be in place except for one single plant pot that was shattered, clearly having been kicked, soil spilling soil everywhere. A chuckle broke free from Wonho's lips as he walked past the broken plant pot to head for his own office.

He entered his personal space, letting out a happy sigh as he settled down on his chair. He turned on his computer, checking his email first. 

The clock ticking echoed in the quiet room as Wonho sat there, head slightly tilted. He hadn't gotten any messages from anyone, which was slightly odd.

"Oblivion..." he mumbled, tapping his fingers on the keyboard yet actually not pressing any of the keys down. "Oblivion..." he then repeated the name, eyebrows furrowing with thought as he pulled his bottom lip between his teeth.

He moved his gaze from the laptop screen to his desk and he quickly started going through all the papers and brown folders piled on top of each other. When he didn't find what he needed, he moved to the drawers on his desk.

He found the folder Kihyun had handed him a few days back and opened it. He took out the papers, licking his lips as he actually read through the text instead of just eyeing it quickly. There wasn't a name for the group listed, which was weird. Usually, when these kinds of files were sent around all needed information was there.

"They have to be this organization, right?" He mumbled to himself, chewing on his cheek gently. That was the only reasonable idea he had, but it didn't make sense that they had made sure to keep their name hidden. 

Wonho grabbed his phone to message Minhyuk, commanding the younger man to start looking into Oblivion. The group made no sense so there just had to be more.

And they'd get to the bottom of it.

⎔⎔⎔

hi!
i'm done with all my school stuff. i had my last test of high school this morning and it didn't go well.
but i feel better after proofreading this and knowing that i'm done with high school now.

but that's off-topic. with me graduating i'll have more or less time to update my fics; woop! woop!
of course, that depends on whether i get a job or not but for now, there might be an influx of new chapters more than once a week so yeahh.

anyway! thank you for reading and i hope you liked the chapter.
'til next time <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 2.1K 54
"We're all spiraling, and I don't know what's going to happen when we hit the end." Started: 4/10/22 - 4/16/23
1.5K 102 23
"I know we got on a wrong start but if I try hard enough will you give me a chance?" Two rivalries meet up and work together to be with each other's...
1.9K 173 22
AU - It was supposed to be just a hook-up, just one blow job, nothing more. However, opposites attract and it happens more than once. Being gay is di...