The Wrong Address | COMPLETED

נכתב על ידי Axela_16

A boy mailing a Suicide Letter to his mom, accidentally sends it to her neighbors. Which causes the upbeat As... עוד

| Important |
01- The Letter Arrives
02. The Letter is Read
03. Journey To Strenderville
04. Stranger To The Rescue
05. A Stranger To Confide In
06. Goodbye For Now
07. The Raid
09. When Friends Fight
10. Raid Day
11. Headlines
12. Headlines pt2
13. The Price of Principle
14. The Barbeque Begins
15. Plot Twist
16. Thank You
17. Brother's Advice
18. Party & Penelope
19. 16 Missed Calls
20. A Huge Risk
21. A Surprise
22. A small world
23. A Fair Fight
24. The Game
25. The Results of the Game
26. Haunted
27. His Distance
28. The Big Brawl
29. For You I Will
30. Finally Over
31. Graduation
32. Prom Night
33. The Right Thing
34. Good News, Bad News
35. Closure
♥ Epilogue ♥
♥ Author's Note ♥

08. Texting, Calling

2.2K 169 12
נכתב על ידי Axela_16

Ashlin

Friday rolled around quickly and before I knew it school had come to an end. It was time to head to the library as I had an evening shift. I was was a bit tired not gonna lie but I was a tad bit happy to see Jackson. I hadn't seen him at all the entire week, which lead me to believe he was avoiding Fabiola.

Breakups were hard, yet it was worse when you got cheated on. Especially when you loved the person deeply. For Jackson, Fabiola was his world. Everyone in school knew their story, as Jackson was one of the three heartbreakers. Until Fabiola moved to town and tamed him.

Leaving his brother and best friend to run the business. Jake his twin and Jacob his best friend. Jacob soon retired from his player ways following Jackson but Jake wasn't ready. Anyways I knew what I had to do if he  didn't show up to walk me to the bus stop after work.

I'd have to ask Jake what was going on and maybe go to their house to cheer him up.

I made my way to the parking lot of the school to meet Elizabeth. I always got a ride to work from Liz every Friday. As she called that our bonding time, plus she worked with Jackson across from the library. So it was a win win.

As soon as I located her car, I ran over. Yet I stopped half way at the sight of her and Gabriana whispering to each other. I wondered what they were on about but figured I'd just ask. Asking was surely better than standing at a distance like a creep.

"Hey guys, mind sharing the scoop?" I  joked as I approached them.

They both paused the whispering and gave me guilty looks. What they were guilty for was beyond me. So I waited for insight.

Luckily Gabriana spoke up.

"Oh, um...I was just telling Liz that Shelton asked me out" she answered, sounding a bit bored.

I gave her the excited look because Shelton was so cute and she did have a crush on him for some time.

However she seemed the least bit excited. Which caused my face to fall, what was the problem now? Clearing my throat gently...I waited for the explanation.

None came, instead she bid us farewell and went on her way.

"Ok, If you don't tell me what that was I'll actually be pissed" I let out, turning to Liz with a puzzled expression.

Gabriana wasn't like that, especially towards me. She was always chill and found no problem in letting out her worries and doubts. Yet just now, all she did was walk away.

"Just get in the car" Liz instructed and I obliged as I knew she'd explain on the way.

As soon as I sat at shot gun and locked my door. Liz checked her mirrors and backed out of the parking lot. The drive was a calm one as we listened to Ed Sheeran and John Legend sing about love. Love that both Liz and I never really experience as we both had shitty ex boyfriends.

"So you gonna tell me why you really went to Strenderville?" Liz asked lightly as she made a right turn.

I snapped my head in her direction, watching her in amusement as she drove.

"I told you, I was visiting a friend" I replied an awkward chuckle following.

It was no surprise to me that Liz saw through my lie. It must have been on her mind all week. Yet I wasn't going to do that to Zion. I wasn't going to tell Liz his business. Not without his permission at least.

"I know you're lying Ash and I'm really pissed you don't trust me enough to let me know what happened." She spat, pulling up at the entrance of the library to let me off.

It wasn't about trust really. It was more about principle. It was like me knowing she was pregnant and going around without her permission telling everyone. I'd be a bad friend.

"Listen Liz, I don't know what you want to hear or what you think you know. I said I was visiting a friend... you're the one that doesn't trust me. I'll see you Monday, thanks for the ride." I responded firmly, before exiting the car and heading in for work.

I didn't look back to see her expression. I didn't need to, she was probably dumbstruck. As I've never really spoken to her like that before. Yet I guessed there was a first time for everything.

Around 7pm, I was reading a book by the front desk when I got a text. It was Zion and my heart began to race as I never knew what to expect when it came to him.

Zion: Just got back from practice:)

He had been texting me all week, giving me little updates into his life. Which I was grateful for as it eased my worry about him. Smiling at the text I quickly replied.

Me: Sounds like it was a long one.

Zion: It was but coming home to my bed makes it less of a bother.

Me: Wish I was in my bed right now, so jelly.

Zion: Why aren't you in your bed?A party?

Me: Nahh, more like work.

Zion: Sucks to be you, lol

Me: Tell me about it, anyways I'll call you later.

Zion: If I don't fall asleep 💀

Me::(

It was funny how quickly we were warming up to each other. In fact I was very happy he was coming around. I wanted him to be like that all the time, I never wanted him to
ever feel unworthy of life ever again.

As soon as I got back to reading, I heard footsteps approaching my desk. So I quickly brought my attention to the visitor. Who actually turned out to be a friend.

It was Jackson and he looked super tired. He had dark circles under his eyes and his hair was messy. He always had really nice cornrows in but now it was just an undone mess.

"What the hell happened to you?" I whisper yelled, not wanting to disturb the few people in the library.

Completely ignoring me, He placed a small box and a coffee cup unto the desktop. Then he turned to walk away but I quickly leaned over and snatched his wrist. This caught a few eyes but I couldn't care less.

"You can talk to me, you know that right?" I addressed Jackson, careful not to piss him off.

"I know Ash but I have to get back to work, so come by later and we'll talk" he replied, his voice dull and his face one of exhaustion.

"Ok, love you" I agreed and reminded him, then slowly let go of his hand.

"Love you too" he mumbled, yet a smile was beginning to form as the corners of his mouth twitched.

Mission Accomplished.

Then he was gone, which left me to check out a few books as people began to leave. After a few minutes of no one else checking out, I turned to the treats Jackson had bought. My heart leaped as I saw the contents of the box, Chocolate Cupcakes! My favorite!

I quickly destroyed them before turning to the coffee. It was really delicious. So much so I was tempted to leave work early to catch the Café for more. Yet it was 7:45 now, 2 hours and 15 minutes before I'd have to leave. So I decided to just wait until I got home to bake more.

I hadn't bake in a while, which would be fun to close off the night. Especially now that I had Gabriella staying with my brother. She was actually super fun and she did mention her love for baking before. It would definitely be a bonding experience for us.

At the end of my shift, I called Ryan to pick me up. I was too tired to walk to the bus stop and Liz had already left work. So I was willing to wait the 20 minutes for him to come get me.

As soon as he agreed to pick me up, another call came in. So I hung up and answered the incoming call, which was from Zion. At first his background was noisy but it soon began to fade.

"Hello"

"Ashlin, heyy...I was just calling to see if you got home" he answered, his voice sounding a bit off.

"No I haven't as yet" I replied honestly.

"B-B-Bummer, I wanted to facetime" he stuttered and I finally realized why his voice sounded weird.

"Um, Zion...are you drunk?" I asked, my voice was filled with worry.

"Nahhh, I only had like one beer and 15 shots of vodka" he replied confirming my suspicion.

He was drunk.

"Why were you drinking in the first place?"

"Just celebrating another victory and the upcoming Raid!" He shouted, for some odd reason.

"Oh" was my simple reply, as I remembered my friends talking about the Raid.

"Anyways, g-g-get home ssssssafe" he let out before the call ended.

I was left in utter confusion. Did he just drunk call me? How weird.

Laughing it off, I silently prayed he'd get home safely. I don't know how I'd manage if he didn't. Yet I was happy he was at least enjoying his time with his teammates.

Then I was lost in thought, when would we be able to see each other again?

Hey Guys👋🏽
I hope everyone is doing good.
Please vote to show your support and leave a comment ✨
See you in the next bit ;)
~Axela❤️

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

792 17 16
Marlin is a young man from the hoods of Chicago who desperately wants to get his family and himself out by any means necessary. However, he stutters...
1K 84 43
Why do bad things happen to good people? A question that his boy is making himself more then ever this days. From the beginning we see a 17 year old...
20.6K 382 22
Ash Fault, a fifteen year old, trouble maker. His mother died of cancer, father abusive ever sense, gave up on the world. Eight years after his mot...
64 3 11
"Books and words are all I have left..." This world is filled with horror, fear, anger, hatred, wonder, awe, happiness, appreciation... Outside, the...