[3] ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๏ฟฝ...

By -laheyswifey

[BOOK 3 OF THE VALERIA SALVATORE SERIES] "I'm not the girl I once was. You have no idea what I can do" More

intro
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
000.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
013.
epilogue.

001.

2.3K 52 10
By -laheyswifey

Italics- Hope's narrating/ flashback

╔•═════•༺۝༻•═════•╗

╚•═════•༺۝༻•═════•╝

Family: a group of one or more parents and their children living together as a unit. According to the dictionary.

Family is different to everyone. If I were to tell you the definition of family for me then you might think I'm crazy.

After all I've learned one thing: family is always and forever.

My family has fought for the longest time to remain together after all the obstacles they have faced there were more people included into our 'always and forever'.

Most of them have been around more than I have that they are considered family even if it's not by blood.

My mother was dragged in when she was pregnant with me which left her no choice but to be part of the family which she now enjoys and fights for them as well.

Then we have Marcel who is madly in love with my aunt Rebekah. They're currently living in New York.

Cami is my god mother / step mother since she got married with my dad but now they're living separate lives along with my uncle Elijah who is barely talked about.

You're probably thinking how are we even a family when we're all scattered around. Seven years ago an evil ancient force called the hollow broke my family up. Each one of my family, that are vampires taking a life with them then running to the ends of the world far from each other leaving just my mom, aunt Freya and I alone.

Now I'm missing one person I haven't really talked about. My uncle Kol. He used to be around a lot before while I was growing up, not around me but the twins who are basically like my cousins according to everyone, I've only heard stories.

Apparently my uncle Kol was deeply in love with my aunt Valeria who is currently daggered and kept in a coffin in our basement. She's the twins' mom which I don't know how that works since Dr. Saltzman is their dad and she was with uncle Kol so it just doesn't make sense.

Like I said I've only heard stories that uncle Kol and the rest used to tell me when we used to all live together. Every night before the twins and I headed to bed uncle Kol would tell us a story about her.

Aunt Freya always promised me that one day she would get woken up but it's never happened. A group of heretics comes to the compound to check on her every week.

Uncle Kol was around the twins a lot and the twins loved him and I could tell when he left they were sad but sometimes he visits when I'm not around since he can't be near me because of the hollow.

When everyone left I noticed everyone began to fall off. We used to gather around with the Salvatore's and the heretics and Dr Saltzman with the twins and they used to talk about aunt Valeria which only brought me to be intrigued more about her.

She seemed to be a great person who understood people and the twins definitely needed someone like her in her life. Once word went around that their mom wasn't around everyone just figured she left them and kids began to make fun of Lilly and Josie for it.

Lilly wasn't the best at controlling her emotions which uncle Kol tried to help with but one time I overheard a conversation they had saying how they needed Valeria because she would be the only one that understood.

That's when everything started to crumble into pieces but the memory of aunt Valeria still lived on. Aunt Freya and my mom make sure they mention her everyday just like dr Saltzman talks about her with the twins along with the Salvatores.

But if there's one thing about my family is that one thing or another something will always bring us back together.

Always and forever after all.

•═════•༺۝༻•═════•

Flashback New Orleans 2012-

Everyone stood around Kol in tears watching how he held her in his arms sobbing. They all exchanged looks knowing they had to go or Marcel would kill them. Elijah looked over to Rebekah knowing if there was anyone else in the world other than Valeria that could convince him to let go it was her.

Rebekah nodded and walked slowly towards him sitting behind him wrapping her hands around her brother, setting her hands in his.

"Brother you have to let go, '' Rebekah said in a low voice.

Kol sobbed and nodded while he held Valeria closer. "I can't..."

"Yes you can! Kol we have to go or marcel will kill us all" she continued to try and persuade him.

"Then you guys go! I'm not letting her go"

Rebekah sighed and turned to see everyone. "Kol she did this for us so we had a chance to bring her back, let us get settled and we will get her back I promise you. Do you think I want to live without her?"

"Then dagger me! Because I can't do it! Just dagger me because I can't do this without her!"

Kol's words broke Rebekah, making her go back to crying.

"She wouldn't want that" Damon spoke up, making everyone turn to him. "She did it so you could live"

Kol turned back to Valeria looking at her grey body and nodded his head. "I can't even feel her anymore, her power..."

Stefan and Damon exchanged looks and then turned to the heretics.

"Valeria was part witch with immense power that he could feel which made them more connected" Nora explained to him.

"Here" Alaric walked to him with one of the twins in his arms while Freya held the other. "It won't be the same but it's something"

Kol looked up to him. He hesitated at first but eventually took the baby into his arms feeling a familiar feeling. The twins were a part of Valeria which meant they carried the same power she did.

Once his arms were completely off of Valeria, Klaus gestured Elijah to take her which he quickly did, rushing to the couch and picking her up.

"I'll go get her coffin" Klaus told them and left.

"We'll get through this as a family Kol we will get her back" Rebekah reassured and he nodded looking back down to the baby.

End of flashback.

•═════•༺۝༻•═════•

Lilly currently sat on her desk in her room reading a letter that she had memorized that she could basically recite if she was asked to. She was having a rough day with her emotions which was better to just stay away from everyone so she didn't lash out.

She had been getting 'episodes' every once in a while which Kol tried to fix but it was harder than he thought.

As Lilly sat the letter down Josie bursted into the room happy as ever. Lilly tried to ignore her but it was impossible since she began to rant to her.

"You will never believe who just asked me to the dance this weekend...!" Josie squealed while she paced around in her room.

"Oh my gosh who?!" Lilly said in a dry tone trying to act interested which Josie didn't notice.

"Penelope!"

"Really?! the she devil?" Lilly snarked, rolling her eyes and turning back to her desk.

"Yeah! I never thought she would ask me but she did and now we're going!" Josie began to jump in excitement then turned to her twin. "What about you?"

"I'm not going" she muttered while she tapped a pen on the desk.

"What?! Why not?!" Josie approached her.

"Because I don't feel like it! Plus Kol said he was going to help me out this weekend to control my emotions..."

"So the mess in the library that they were cleaning up was you..." Josie began to lose her excitement and spoke more slowly now. "I thought people were just saying things.."

"Whatever they're saying it's true!" Lilly exclaimed. "Just let them talk"

"I dont understand I thought you said you didn't care..." Josie mentioned while she continued to get close to her.

"It's all an act Josie! I might say I don't care when they say stuff about me and I just brush it off with a mean comment because it makes me feel superior to show them they can't hurt me but it does..." Lilly looked straight at the letter she was reading. "But it's tiring having to hear kids tell me my mom left me so she didn't have to deal with me being crazy"

Josie looked down to the letter and sighed, setting her hand on her twin's shoulder. "This is about mom...dad has told us several times she didn't leave us, she just couldn't be around anyone because it was dangerous. Kol has told us many times that she loved us a lot and those letters say the same too"

She tried to comfort her twin but she knew it wasn't going to be easy especially when it was about their mom.

"Do you want to read mine?" Josie offered while she walked to her desk.

"No it's fine I already memorized it too plus aunt Valerie is supposed to be here to help me with my magic so I should get ready..." Lilly was interrupted by someone knocking on their door. "It's open!"

Alaric opened the door then shut it while the twins exchanged looks not knowing why he was there.

"Girls I need you to pack some things we're headed to New Orleans' ' Alaric instructed while Lilly scoffed.

"What? Hope got in trouble a week ago now it's our turn?" She rolled her eyes and turned away from her father.

"It's not about Hope, it's about something else. So pack what you need and I'll be waiting in the car with your uncles" Alaric left the room leaving the two girls confused.

He sounded more agitated than usual like he had gotten some news but the twins didn't know if they were good or bad.

"What do you think is going on?" Josie looked over to Lilly.

"Probably about Hope. Everything is about Hope" Lilly sighed and got up to pack her bag.

•═════•༺۝༻•═════•

In the car Alaric got in the passenger seat while Damon was in the driver seat and Stefan sat in the back. After Valeria got daggered both of them helped Alaric open up a school along with the heretics who were teachers there. The Mikaelson's also helped out along with the other mystic falls crew.

Alaric made it for Hope and the twins seeing how much they were struggling to have a normal life.

"Hey it's going to be fine she'll probably be up and going by the time we get there" Damon reassured his friend.

"I didn't tell the twins I didn't want to get their hopes up so neither of you mention it okay" Alaric warned and the brothers nodded. "Nora said she thinks she finally got it all removed but I don't know..."

Everyone was trying their best to get Valeria back. Everyone looked for anything that might help to remove all the dark magic out of her. Kol traveled the world trying to find anything that might help and when he foujd something he would bring it to the heretics or Freya for them to try.

That was the only thing that was keeping him sane. Finding a way to bring Valeria back and helping the twins and Hope with their powers and even sometimes Alaric with the school.

"This is the first time Nora sounded convinced we just have to believe" Stefan added and Damon nodded agreeing with him.

"We're here" Josie opened the door and got in the car with Lilly. "Hey Uncle Stefan"

"Hey superstars' ' Stefan put his hand out for both of them to give him a high-five which they did.

"Hey I'm here too" Damon turned to the back seat smiling.

"Where's aunt Elena and Caroline?" Josie asked them.

"At home they'll probably join us later" Stefan replied to them.

"Okay seat belts' ' Damon said, putting his on too while the girls did too. "Okay let's go!"

•═════•༺۝༻•═════•

Back in New Orleans at the compound Freya stood in a room with Nora and Mary Louise with Valeria's coffin in there. They were trying to make the spell they found work. They were in big trouble and they really needed Valeria to wake up.

"It's a risky spell but we can try..." Nora said to them.

"It has to work, Hayley is missing and Klaus can't be around and neither can the rest we need her"Freya stated.

"We'll do it and see if it works" Nora reassured and the blonde nodded leaving the heretics to it.

"You think it'll work?" Mary Louise asked the brunette.

"I want Val back just as the next person but this is a long shot let's just hope it works" she extended her arms out and Mary Louise took them so they could begin the spell.

Outside of the room Freya picked up her phone receiving a call from Rebekah which she quickly answered to.

"Please tell me it's true that you've found a way to wake her up" Rebekah's voice sounded worried which only made Freya feel more pressured.

"We found a lead Nora and Mary Louise are on it right now but I really think I finally did it sister I'm finally going to be able to wake her" Freya shut her eyes trying to imagine for a minute that Valeria was back.

"I really hope you do god knows we need her. This family falls apart even more everyday I heard cami is on her way back to New Orleans"

"Klaus is out on the loose again?" Freya questioned.

"Apparently, she was able to keep him down for a while but he's out again"

"Well I'll call you with the outcome I have to go" Freya hung up once she saw Hope standing at the door watching what was going on in the room behind the blonde.

"You're waking her up?" Hope questioned walking closer towards her.

"I hope so..." Freya replied, turning around to the room. She then looked over to Hope who looked worried. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing I just...she's always been a story that I heard from everyone, I never thought I would see her in person" Hope lied knowing that's not why she was upset.

•═════•༺۝༻•═════•

Flashback New Orleans 2017-

Seven year old Hope sat in her room with five year olds Lilly and Josie. They were getting ready to go to bed. The twins shared a bed and Hope laid on her own.

Kol then walked in along with Hayley making the three girls smile knowing it was story time from them.

"I think it's my turn today right?" Kol walked to the twins bed sitting on it. "It was freyas yesterday and tomorrow is Stefan correct?"

The three girls nodded and laid down ready to hear the story.

"Alright then I think Hayley can help me out with this one. I remember when Val was carrying you two in her belly she just couldn't stop eating and she tended to go into the kitchen in the middle of the night to just eat anything that was in the fridge. Hope was a little baby which kept Hayley awake most of the time" Kol began to tell the story.

"Oh I remember this...Hope was teething and you kept crying every hour I knew it was teething but then I heard a loud crash downstairs which made me rush to the kitchen and Kol was already there both of us saw Valeria attempting to make some type of food mixture but she wasn't doing really well the kitchen was a mess and let's just say your uncle Elijah wasn't happy at all..." hayley continues the story while the girls chuckled.

"So when he saw the kitchen first he went off on Valeria for not eating healthy and for making a mess I ended up cleaning since your mum sat down and just ate her nasty food invention" Kol finished.

"Did mommy get in a lot of trouble?" Josie asked them.

"I remember when Hope was in my belly she did something to make Elijah upset she broke his rules of not doing bad magic so he grounded her in the house" hayley mentioned to the girls which made her laugh.

"When will we get to see mommy again?" Lilly asked Kol who just sighed.

"Soon I promise" he replied and stood up from the bed tucking them in. "Just know she loves you and misses you everyday and one day she'll be telling the stories not us because she was way better at storytelling"

End of flashback.

She knew Valeria was smart according to her mom and everyone else she was always the one that got them out of problems. If she was to come back and help them find Hayley then it meant Klaus didn't have to go all the way to New Orleans.

"I loved Valeria, she was there for everyone and she sacrificed herself for all of us. Maybe if she was here for the hollow she would've found a way to fix that too" Freya commented in a low voice.

"Does uncle Kol and the twins know?" Hope questioned.

"I told Kol he's on his way and I told the Salvatores and Alaric I don't know if he's bringing the twins but..." Freya turned to Hope who just sighed knowing what she was going to say.

"I can't be here when uncle Kol comes here..." Hope rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

"But he wanted you to meet her first..."

"No it's okay I'll go to... wherever I'm supposed to go" Hope talked over her in an annoyed tone.

"Hope Kol wants you to meet her..."

"I think the twins should see her first. I know Lilly has been needing it" Hope shrugged and Freya sighed.

"I really hope this works, the twins really need her" she muttered and then turned, seeing Nora and Mary Louise making their way towards them.

"It's done, you should be good to wake her" Nora informed and the witch nodded looking back at her phone.

"Kol is in the quarter..."

"I'll get going then" Hope turned around to walk out.

"Wait, she doesn't have to leave. I found a spell that I can do. They can't be in the same room but they can be in the same house," Nora explained looking at the two Mikaelsons.

Both of them wore different expressions. Nora didn't know what was bothering Hope but she sure knew Freya was happy to have Valeria back.

"Fine then I'll be in my room" Hope walked away making Nora pause and look over to Freya.

"I thought she would be happier about that...."

"It's been hard, she really wants to see Klaus and she's giving Hayley a hard time and now she's missing and..."Freya stopped sighing in frustration. "I really need her to wake up".

"Well we did the spell, all that is left is to pull the dagger out" Mary Louise added.

"Where is she? Please tell me she's okay!" Kol stormed into the room making the three witches turn towards him.

"She's okay, we just need to un-dagger her and she'll be back to normal" Freya said tears of joy forming in her eyes.

Kol looked at them with joy as well not believing that after all he waited valerka was finally back.

"I want to take her to her room. You haven't changed anything have you?" Kol questioned Freya while he walked over to the room where Valeria was in.

"No you told me not to, I just dust off some things once in a while" she replied while he helped him open the coffin completely while he carried her out.

Kol walked through the compound with Freya and the heretics following behind him. He finally reached her room which Nora opened to let them in.

Everything in the room was the same Kol made sure of it; he wanted Valeria to wake up somewhere she knew and felt safe. Her room was already tainted with her magic and the twins so when she woke up it would be calm for her.

He laid her down on the bed before taking the dagger out and he took a deep breath. He hated that there was a possibility that she wasn't herself anymore.

"Before she wakes up..." Freya interrupted him. "Don't tell her about Hayley let her have some time to see the twins and her brothers then we can tell her everything"

Kol nodded as well as the two heretics Kol sat his hand on the dagger and pulled it out. He paced impatiently since she was taking longer to recover as expected. Nora had already gotten some blood bags for her.

Eventually they noticed her skin getting back its color. Kol noticed it and sat down next to her holding her hand tearing up. He was anxious to see what her reaction would be. He had waited for more than a decade to wake her up and the day had finally arrived and he didn't know what to do with himself.

"She's waking up..." Nora said, noticing the movement in her hands.

Kol looked up at her face and suddenly her eyes opened.

Valeria took a moment to look around trying to figure out where she was. When she felt normal again she began to sit up confused on what was going on. She noticed her room was the same and everything felt back to normal.

Then her eyes landed on Kol which he noticed and immediately smiled.

"You did it? I'm okay?" She questioned and Kol nodded, Valeria smiled and began to tear up.

Kol took her face and immediately crashed his lips into hers. Valeria kissed back then hugged him as tight as possible then she looked behind him to see Nora and Mary Louise crying of joy as well as Freya.

"Where's everyone? I want to see them!" Valeria exclaimed, getting out his hold.

"They're on their way but Val, we need to run some tests to make sure you're okay first" Kol said to her trying to get her to calm down. "And I need to explain to you how long it's been..."

Valeria paused and looked at him. She thought it only had been months. She thought she would get to see her babies again but she was wrong.

"No...how long has it been?! How long have I missed?!" Valeria began to raise her voice.

"Val calm down, we're going to get you fed and cleaned up while I talk to you about it okay?" Kol reassured and she tried her best to calm down.

"I'll get her some clothes" Nora suggested and walked out the room.

•═════•༺۝༻•═════•

After Valeria showered and fed Freya was still testing her blood making sure she wasn't being affected anymore. While that happened Kol told her it had been twelve years since she had been daggered which broke her but Kol tried his best to comfort her.

"How are they? Do they still remember me?" Valeria asked while she was sitting on the bed drinking a blood bag.

"They're amazing, perfect little girls. They go to the school that Alaric and your brothers built" Kol began to explain. "And they do remember you they read the letters you left everyday and I make sure to tell them a story about you before they go to bed"

Valeria smiled at him and sat her hand on his face.

"Thank you for staying with them and taking care of them too. I knew you were going to get through it" Valeria said and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"I almost didn't Val. I couldn't live without you it was driving me insane I wanted to go back to that psychotic manic you once knew..."

"Kol you're good and you were strong there's more than that version of yourself that's not you at all and I know that" Valeria interrupted.

"It was because of you! You were the one thing that kept me sane..." Kol sat next to her. "I missed you so much Val"

Suddenly Freya walked in the room handing the bowl of blood she had in her hands to Valeria. The heretic inspected it as well as Kol.

"I'm okay...the dark magic is gone..."Valeria smiled looking over to Kol.

"You're finally back..." Freya smiled.

"Freya!"

All of them heard someone shouting her name downstairs which caused them to turn to her. Freya smiled and looked at the girl.

"That would be your brothers and Alaric...with the twins" Freya smiled and walked out the room.

Valeria stood up from the bed beginning to freak out.

"What if they hate me for leaving them? Kol what if they don't like me?!" She began to pace around and he immediately got up from the bed taking her into his arms.

"Val, listen to me! They love you and they have been waiting for this day just as much as the rest of us. Calm down" Kol said.

Valeria nodded and began to take deep breaths.

"Are you okay?" He asked and she nodded. "Okay then let's go see your daughters"

-I did it on purpose so you'll have to wait next chapter for the reunion.

Ahhh how are we feeling?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 4.7K 43
"butterflies can't see their wings. they can't see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can." the originals (season 1-) (book two) (comple...
251K 6.8K 53
"I'm done ignoring how I feel about you.". "And what is that?" "I love you." --- Book 1 TVD seasons 2-4 Finished Jan. 2023 Disclaimer I don't own The...
18.4K 432 5
in which the youngest mikaelson vampire gets undaggered and catches the attention of the salvatore brothers.