Second Chances Rarely Come (F...

By MirandaKayBelcher

I am Jazmine Hale, formerly known as Amelia Moon. Amelia is thought to be dead from a plane crash. In reality... More

Settling In
No Survivors
A Date
The Talk
The funeral
Fastest Girl In Town
Miami Races
Intruders
Agent Monterro?
Guns and Cars
The Raid
Mercy's Funeral
The Meeting
Revenge
Epilogue
Cover

How do I know you?

5.1K 112 9
By MirandaKayBelcher

When we got to the house I sat in the car until Dom walked over to my side of the car to help me out. We walked into the garage hand in hand to find everyone sitting around on the sofas drinking Corona and eating pizza. Mercy came bouncing over to me and gave me a hug. "I hope you don't mind, but I got into your credit card stash." She said looking a bit sheepish.

"Oh course you did." I said with a chuckle as I messed up her hair a bit, and then slid my right arm around her waist.

"I'd like to apologize. I shouldn't have gotten in your face the way I did." Monterro said coming over to me with his hands stuffed in his pocket.

"I owe you an apology as well. I shouldn't have punched you in the face, even if you did deserve it." I replied, then watched him walk away. Dom decided at this point to go over and talk to Han. "I swear I know his voice from somewhere Mercy, but I can't remember for the life of me where from." I said shaking my head.

"Hey Jazmine, How've you been?" Jesse said walking over to where me and Mercy were standing, and Mercy walked back over to where Mia and Letty were sitting.

"I've been alright. What about you?" I replied looking biting my lip, unsure how to act around them now.

"Be better if my best friend would give me a hug." Jesse said opening his arms. I threw myself into his arms nearly knocking us both over.

"I missed you." I whispered in his ear resting my chin on his shoulder.

"I missed you to. Why didn't you tell us before you left?" Jesse asked pulling back to look at me.

"Because I know you would have convinced me to stay." I said stepping back as well.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Vince asked with his arms crossed over his chest, I could tell he was still pissed.

"I was thinking I was keeping all of you safe."

"From what?" Leon this time.

"From whoever sent this." I said pulling the letter out of my pocket that I had gotten before I was released.

"You know this be crazy right. We been through worse shit than this and made it through just fine." Roman said.

"And how many of you almost died because of it? Jesse got shot, Vince almost lost his arm, and his life, you all still though Han, and Gisele were dead the last time I saw you, and Letty lost her damn memory. That's not counting the bullets you guys have taken, or the cars you've wrecked, or the times Mia has had to sew you all up. Made it threw just fine my ass."

"She's right, she needed to leave." Mia said walking over to where I was now surrounded by the crew. "She needed to leave so she could regroup and learn to stand on her own feet. The way she was before she would have been a burden to us. She needed to learn to defend herself in something other than a fit of rage or fear. The way she was after that fight was not good for her or the team." Mia then walked over to stand in front of me. "You've grown a lot in the last few months. Welcome to the family." Mia said wrapping her arms around me.

"Thanks Mia. It means a lot." I said placing a kiss on her cheek. She then took the time to introduce me to everyone, and I quickly realized I had heard about all of them at one point or another.

Two Hours Later

"Alright." Agent Monterro spoke. "Is there somewhere secure there we can plan?" He asked looking at me.

"Oh course. Do you want the house to look deserted while we're planning?" I asked, and he nodded his head. "Alright everyone in their car. Mercy, do me a favor and get mine." I said tossing her the keys. As they went out to get their cars I worked on pushing the couches to the outer wall of the garage. Once the space was open I pulled up the guide rails, and walked over to Tej who was the first in line.

"Here's what you're gonna do. Take your car and pull it up in between those brackets, then I'll let them down, and you get out. Make sure you have whatever you need from your car, cause I'm not playing merry go round with the cars." I said before walking back over to the guard rails, and grabbed the control that would drop the rails if he got to close. "Once your car is in you're delivering the message to the rest of the crew." I said waving him forward.

His first attempt he almost took out the driver side headlight, and I smirked as I hit the button to drop the guard rails. "I said pull between the rails. Not run them over." I said chuckling a bit. "Now back up and try it again." I said pulling the rails back up after he backed up. It took three more tries before he made it between the rails. "Congrats, now get your things and get out of your car. Then go explain to the rest what they're doing." I said and when he got out of the car I pushed a few buttons that lowered his car into the ground, and closed the container over it.

"Next." I called, and was relieved when Han pulled his car between the rails on his first try. This continued until all of the cars were in containers under the garage.

"Where exactly did our cars go?" Sean asked looking at the spot in the garage where all the cars had disappeared.

"Give me a minute and I'll show you. Is everyone inside of the garage?" I asked, and after Dom looked over the crowd he gave a nod, and I pushed a few buttons sending the garage into lockdown mode. I watched the shock cross everyone's face as plates of metal slide out of the wall before locking together in forming thick steel walls, bulletproof glass slid down over that, and another metal over that, that I hadn't seen before. "I think this place used to be some kind of bomb shelter." I said shrugging when everyone looked at me nuts. "All I did was hack the system and reprogram it so I could take advantage of it. Then I made the security stronger so no one else could take advantage of it."

"Think I could try to hack it." Tej asked looking over at me.

"Have at it. I'll even give you access to my computer system." I said with a smile. "If you find any whole I want to know about them so I can fix them. Now you wanted to know where the cars went. You guys are going to love this." I said smiling. "Alright everyone on the platform." I said walking over to where we had lowered the cars and pulled up three of the four rails. Once everyone was on I pulled up the fourth rail and pushed the button to move us down to the second floor. To the real garage. There were racks that lined all for wall that were filled with cars. "Every year, make, and model imaginable." I said taking in the site before me. "I couldn't believe it when I first found this place."

"Wait you mean to tell me all these cars where here when you bought this place." Tej said looking at me stunned.

"Every one, but that one." I said pointing at my Corvette. "And your cars of course. Everything else was here. The cars, the tools, the parts, everything." I said with a shrug.

"How much did you pay for this place chica." Letty asked looking around in awe.

"Little over $100,000. No one knew there was anything other than the house and the garage upstairs." I said with a smile.

"How'd you find out there was more to it than that?" Monica asked.

"After everything that happened in the house I didn't spend much time in it anymore. So I spent most of my time in here. One day I stumbled upon one of the keypads, and realized there was probably more to this place than it looked like." I said shrugging my shoulders. "Would you like me to bring your cars down so you can work on them?" I asked, and got nods from the majority of the crew. After typing in the numbers for their cars I walked over to Tej. "You still interested in checking out the security?" I asked.

"Hell yeah." Tej said, and I led him down a hall away from the cars. I opened the door and watched his face light up like it was Christmas. There were about twenty monitors in the center of the room with one gigantic round tower in the center of them that was from floor to ceiling, and easily twenty foot in diameter.

"You haven't even seen the best part yet." I said grinning. "This is like some sci-fi shit right here. So check this out." I said walking over to the tower to turn it on, and smiled at the wall around us lit up as well. "So say you find something on here that you want a better look at." I said pulling up a picture of a corvette. "All I have to do is grab it like this." I said moving my fingers across the screen like I was grabbing the car. "And I can put the image anywhere I want it." I said letting go of the car in the middle of the walkway. "And if I want to see it bigger, all I have to do is spread my hands like I'm trying to zoom in and it gets bigger. I figure this will probably be where most of the planning goes on, because you can do this." I said and started throwing gang members into the room, and pulling up their bios to float beside them, as well as pulling up their most driven car, and putting that behind them.

"This shit is fucking amazing." Tej said in awe.

"You want to see amazing, let me show you this." I said moving to another section of the room that wasn't being used, and pulled up an old picture of myself. I put artificial Amelia in the middle of the floor. "Go say hi." I said smiling, as he looked at me like I was nuts, but he did it anyway.

"Hi." Tej said to the hologram

"Hey Tej, long time no see." Fake Amelia replied and he looked over at me stunned.

"Crazy right." I said smiling at him.

"I'm going to get the guys." Tej said walking over to the door.

"I'm gonna put her away then. Last thing I need is for all this to upset anyone." I said waving him out the door, before slamming my hands together in front of where Amelia was making her disappear.

"Come on guys you gotta check this shit out." Tej said coming down the hall with everyone following him. "This shit is fucking insane." I moved over to lean against the table across from the door, and watched as Dom took one look around the room and started walking toward the holograms like he was going to kill them.

"Punching the holograms isn't going to help." I said before he had a chance to try to hit them.

"Holograms?" Mia asked. "I thought that technology hadn't been invented yet."

"So did I, and yet here it is. So will this work for a place to plan?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest and looking at Monterro challenging him to say no.

"It'll be perfect. In fact it looks like you already got us started." He said looking over at me.

"I'm still missing at least one member." I said shaking my head. "I can't seem to get anything on this guy." I said sending the picture over to the wall, and forming a circle around a rather buff guy with dark hair and facial hair. Suddenly it hit me where I had heard his voice, and why I immediately disliked Monterro.

~Flashback~

It was about midnight, and I was headed home from the chop shop. I had been walking for about five minutes when I felt like I was being followed. I picked up my pace again, and started to hear footsteps other than my own. Glancing behind me I could see three guys following me. I looked ahead of me searching for a way out when I saw two more guys come around the corner ahead of me. That left my only exit being the alley across the street, and I took off running for it, cursing myself for not bringing my gun with me. I felt the baby that was growing within me kick in protest of the sudden movement, but that just forced me to push myself faster. What I didn't notice was the final man that was standing in the shadows lurking just past the mouth of the alley.

I fell right into their trap when I ran into that alley and straight into the arms of the sixth man. "You're a fool. Any smart woman would have stayed on the street, ducked into a shop, not an alley." He whispered tightening his hold on me.

"Please don't hurt me. I'm pregnant." I pleaded holding my arms protectively around my stomach.

"I'm sorry." He whispered before releasing me, just as the others rounded the corner.

"We'll take it from here Bane." One of the guys said, before grabbing my arm. I watched the man disappear around a corner before the others started to beat me.

As I lay dying on the sidewalk I felt someone lift me into their arms, and start running. The next thing I knew I was waking up in my room, in my house, in the midst of a miscarriage.

~End of flashback~

"It's you." I whispered backing away from Monterro. "You were there, you're Bane." I said shaking my head.

"What's she on about Monterro?" Dom asked coming up beside me.

"I was there the night she miscarried. I was the one that caught her, although I didn't raise my hand to her I don't expect you to forgive me. I was the one that brought her back to the chop shop when they were done with her. I knew she'd be in good hands there." Monterro said looking down at his hands. "The next day I went to my superiors and told them I couldn't do it anymore, when they tried to make me stay anyway, I told them my position was compromised."

"Then you'll understand when I kill them." I said staring at my hands, my voice emotionless. "And why you're going to be put up here as well." I said turning to put one of him up as well.

"I understand." He said not really looking at me either.

"Hobbs will be here tomorrow. We can sort this out then." Dom said looking over at me, and then at Monterro.

"Alright, I'll set the security up to let him in and lead him to us." I said tapping a few buttons before walking over to the door. "Monterro, follow me please." I said walking over to the apartment that could only be opened from the outside. "I hope you understand why I'm asking you to stay here tonight. It has all the same comforts as were we will be, I just don't trust you at the moment."

"With good reason." He said running his hand through his hair. "I understand. I just want you to know if I had known you were pregnant I would have tried to find a way to stop everything, but I didn't know until it was too late."

After that I showed the rest of the crew how to get to the stairs that led to the safe house and Mercy, Dom, and I went to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 83 19
Hey friends, I wrote this story as a kid and it has many mistakes and cliches as well as rushed parts. If you decide to read it, I hope you enjoy my...
86K 1.7K 28
(adj.) deeply yet romantically melancholy "I let him drag me everywhere. I can't exactly tell my brother no." - Regan. Ride or Die. Regan O'Connor...
4.5K 66 13
{I own nothing from the Fast and Furious Series, I only own Sierra Crawford Toretto} Sierra is a 15 year old kid who wants nothing more than to be ex...
55.5K 3.6K 44
Forbidden Affection; In the opulent halls of Castle Montclair, a forbidden love takes root amidst the shadows. Lady Amelia Von Montclair, the striki...