Ascendancy - Book I of the ๐”…...

Von LyannaStarkEN

โ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“‘๐“ต๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ด ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐”๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“ฐ๐“ช๐“ผ. ๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐”‚ ๐“ฐ๐“ธ, ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ซ... Mehr

Prequel
Aesthetics - trailer
Prologue
I. 1st September 1931 - alone
II. 12th September 1931 - the kiss
III. 27th October 1931 - the secret
IV. 3rd November 1931 - illusions
V. 5th November 1931 - the letter
VI. 14th November 1931 - the agreement
VII. 6th November 1931 - the dinner
VIII. 2nd December 1931 - the death
IX. 20th December 1931 - the story
XI. 22th December 1931 - love
XXII. 23rd December 1931 - the goodbye
XIII. 24th December 1931 - the pendant
XIV. 28th December 1931 - the assembly (1/3)
XV. 28th December 1931 - the assembly (2/3)
XVI. 28th December 1931 - the assembly (3/3)

X. 21st December 1931 - the list

20 1 0
Von LyannaStarkEN

Nott Manor, Devonshire

Teignous hated his parents' manor. Sure, it was where he'd grown up, where he'd learned his first bit of magic before he'd even received his letter to Hogwarts, where he and his brother had made their jokes about their mother... but that didn't stop Teignous from hating the house. He didn't know what was wrong. Maybe the stones were too dark. Or the windows, which were too high, giving the impression that they were staring at you. Too many dead plants, trees that were centuries old. Even the air smelled musty, the smell of the past was in your face. Coming here was like diving into a pool of history. Except that it was a boring, flat history. Old. Like this Manor.

"I've known you happier than this," his brother charia'd him.

He gave an ironic laugh that was meant to sound like Cornelius when he laughed at his own jokes. The two brothers passed through the imposing iron gate and entered the main path. A sad and bland path.

"I won't be able to go to Mother's next tea party," he announced on the way.

"Really, why not?"

"It's Elena's birthday."

Cornelius stopped abruptly, his eyes full of innuendo.

"Why are you still doing this? Why don't you let her go in peace? She's dead, Teignous, she's not..."

"...coming back, I know, you've told me that a hundred times. But Gilna needs this."

His brother sighed. He wanted to say something but stopped, for fear of regretting his words. There was no point in saying anything more. He just hoped that one day they would get over the loss of their only daughter and move on. Even if it was hard.

"It will also allow us to see Harfang again," Teignous justified.

Cordelius resumed his walk, happy to see his brother change the subject slightly.

"I haven't seen him for a long time. He must be a handsome young man by now."

"Yes, he's very charming. He has inherited his mother's beauty, she has Velan blood."

"Velan but dumb as a post," Cordelius muttered.

Teignous did not hear his remark, but he was certainly thinking the same thing. You'd have to be a fool not to believe your son just because his ideology favoured muggles. This family would lose themselves by doing this, for sure, but the first thing they would see go was Harfang. He had said it himself: as soon as he came of age, he would leave home. Teignous had put enough money in his safe to last him for several years, until he found a decent job.

"Hurry up, Mother will be angry if we're late," commented the elder.

Teignous sighed in exasperation. These teas were beginning to get on his nerves. He didn't see any point to it, either. His mother never had anything new to say. She lived alone in her Manor and the only neighbours had left last year. A pain for her, since she could no longer comment on their every move.

When they entered, the house elf took their coats and pointed with a feverish wave of her hand to the door of the living room. Their mother was already waiting for them there, hot tea on the coffee table and a newspaper in her lap. She was so engrossed in her reading that she did not hear her two sons arrive.

"Mother! It's us!"

"Oh !" she gasped.

She put a hand on her heart, frightened and relieved to see them at last.

"What are you reading that's so interesting?" asked Cornelius as he sat down in the chair opposite.

"Grindelwald doesn't stop anymore. He killed ten muggles in the Netherlands. It's only a matter of time before he reaches England."

"Dumbledore will find a way to stop him," Teignous said as she sat down next to her older brother.

"I'd be angry if he did. Grindelwald has some good ideas. I agree with him on many things."

Elizabeth Nott set the newspaper down beside the china tray, but Cornelius immediately grabbed it. His eyes scanned the main headlines. However, Teignous could not read anything on his face. He would have shouted outrage by now if he had seen anything he didn't like. That was a good sign.

"Apparently our Minister of Magic did too. Fawley has banned intrusive checks on pureblood manors."

"I don't know why, I've always liked that boy," said his mother cheerfully, taking her first sip of tea.

"In any case, if Grindelwald shows up in England," said Teignous, "I'll be the first to follow him. Let's get rid of these Muggle scum. They killed my daughter, they are worthless.

"What Grindelwald wants is not extermination, but war," grumbled Cornelius as he continued reading. "Let the Muggles feel threatened by the wizards, and live like we lived in the days of Salem.

"Well, I don't think it would hurt them. We've hidden ourselves away for too many years, when we're worth so much more than that. We, purebloods... why make ourselves small when we are so strong?"

"Well," Elizabeth laughed softly, "there are purebloods and purebloods."

Teignous frowned.

"Can you explain?"

"Those who are really purebloods, and those who pretend to be. Like the Potters, for example. Why do they come to all our parties if the evidence of Muggle blood in their veins is more than notable? It's ridiculous, for them and for us."

"What are you suggesting, that we say a nice goodbye to them?"

"No, that we finally establish who is and who is not pureblood, so that it is clear to everyone. That would reduce the number of guests. The more time passes, the more people there are. I'll save on my..."

But Teignous did not listen any more. He had a revelation. For the first time, an idea, a good idea, had sprung to life in his mind. "Establish who is and who is not pureblood..." Yes, but how, how! Of course, it would allow families to keep their bloodlines, and thus contribute to Grindelwald's plans. They would become all the more powerful if their rights and legitimacy were recorded somewhere, yes but where, where...

He had it.

He had the idea. It was done.

"I have to go," he said abruptly, standing up.

"What? But you haven't even drunk your-"

"Goodbye, Mother. Brother."

He rushed to the exit door, tore his cloak from the wall and left, ignoring his brother's calls. After almost running to the gate, he apparated and found himself in front of his house, out of breath from the long run he had undertaken.

But it wasn't over. He must not lose the idea. His wife was surprised to see him come in so early but didn't even have time to ask him anything as he had already rushed to his office. He locked himself in, as if to prevent anyone from disturbing him. Without even taking off his outside clothes, he looked for a blank paper in his pile of parchment. It was a mess in there, he couldn't even find an unwritten or scribbled paper! Oh yes, there was. He grabbed the paper as if it were his treasure and took the first pen that came to hand.

Sitting at his desk, it didn't take him long to come up with a title for his project.

List of the Sacred.

***

A SURPRISING SURPRISE FOR THE MINISTRY THIS MORNING

As Fawley fights to maintain his position as First Minister against the accusation of favouritism, this morning's surprise is not going to help him in his fight. Indeed, the newspaper "The Wizarding Citizen", run by Ressel Travers, has published a most singular document. It is a list, but not just any list. The list of the Twenty-Eight pureblood families, and confirmed purebloods. The anonymity of this project raises many questions about the author's intention. Is it to support Grindelwald or simply for fun? The investigation is ongoing, but nothing has been discovered so far. The Wizarding Citizen was censored two hours after publication and we have not yet managed to obtain the list. We will keep you posted if anything new comes to light.

REGULUS BLACK SPEAKS OUT ON THE RELEASE OF THE LIST

The Minister of Magic's first advisor, Regulus Black, was interviewed this morning by a host of journalists keen to know more about the mystery. "We don't know anything yet about the author of this list," he said, "but it looks genuine. All the names on it are worthy of being called purebloods. It could have a decisive role in the position of our families." Spencer-Moon, Fawley's rival, said "the favouritism conducted by this Ministry is a disgrace to this country. We have three purebloods from the most powerful families in power, how can you not hear them endorse this nonsense! The list humiliates other wizards, it takes away value from those who are kind enough not to believe muggles are guilty of everything." Adonis Rosier retorted that "the right of pureblood families was to be recognised for the preservation of their bloodlines". For once, Black and Rosier seemed to agree. Ernis Malfoy announced that the list would be made public shortly.

DUMBLEDORE'S NOTABLE ABSENCE

Spencer-Moon's chief defender seems to have disappeared in recent days. The release of the list has not brought him back to his own, and the Minister of Magic's rival finds himself without his dearest ally. Decisions are being made in the Ministry, and the newspaper printing press is boiling. London is in chaos. Half-bloods and Muggles are protesting against the publication of the list, citing the inequality it would create with pure-blood families. One wizard even said, "This country is going back to a medieval system. The nobles on one side, and the crushed on the other." The Aurors are struggling to keep the turmoil under wraps, which greatly angers those on the list. What is Dumbledore doing? His absence from England has left wizards of Muggle or semi-Muggle descent feeling very uneasy. The protection he provided seems to be disappearing, and the threat of Grindelwald is growing over our heads. Who knows what the consequences of this list will ultimately be? Are we doing too much, or is this the beginning of a war?

PUBLICATION OF THE LIST

The list has finally been released following the decision of the Minister for Magic, Hector Fawley. Attached is the full document published briefly this morning in the Citizen Wizard newspaper.

List of the Sacred Twenty-Eight

Abbott
Avery
Black
Bulstrode
Burke
Carrow
Crouch
Fawley
Flint
Gaunt
Greengrass
Lestrange
Londubat
McMillan
Malfoy
Nott
Ollivander
Parkinson
Prewett
Rosier
Rowle
Selwyn
Shakelbolt
Shafiq
Slughorn
Travers
Weasley
Yaxley

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

72K 2.1K 53
"Be a good girl and listen" his voice was cold yet demanding and dominate "Y-Yes" I felt my breath hitch as I suddenly felt small Her name is Syden...
151 4 6
It's 1980, and both Walburga and Orian Black have passed, only heir to the Black name, Regulus Arcturus, dead, making the disowned "Blood traitor" Si...
86.8K 1K 25
Starla Black was brought up under the terms of being a pure-blood princess, a part of the respectable and admirable Sacred 28. Nobility, wealth, prej...
236K 11.4K 90
โ†ฌ in which Regulus and Rune find out that broken pieces still fit together. ๏ผŠ*โ€ขฬฉฬฉอ™โœฉโ€ขฬฉฬฉอ™*หš Academic rivals. Everyone knew they were that. The hat...