Two Halves, One Hero | Ben Te...

By OuTThere_Somewhere

You've been a part of the Tennyson family ever since you were born. Sharing a birthday with Ben, the two of y... More

Episode 1: And Then There Were 10
Episode 2: Washington B.C.
Episode 3: The Krakken
Episode 4: Permanent Retirement
Episode 5: Hunted
Episode 6: Kevin 11
Episode 7: The Alliance
Episode 8: Last Laugh
Episode 9: Lucky Girl
Episode 10: Side Effects
Episode 11: Secrets
~A/N~
Episode 12: Truth
Episode 13: Big Tick
Episode 14: Framed
THE DRAFT(S) HAVE BEEN FOUND (quick A/N)
Episode 15: Gwen 10
Episode 16: Grudge Match
Episode 17: Ultimate Weapon
Small A/N (Going on Hiatus)
Episode 18: Tough Luck
Episode 19: They Lurk Below
Episode 20: Ghostfreaked Out
🥳Happy Birthday to Benji🥳
Episode 21: Back with a Vengeance
Episode 22: Ben 10,000
Episode 23: A Change of Face
Episode 24: Merry Christmas
Episode 25: Benwolf
Episode 26: Game Over
Episode 27: Monster Weather
Episode 28: Under Wraps
Episode 29: The Unnaturals
Episode 31: Be Afraid of the Dark
Ok, here me out... (I have a theory) + an update
Episode 32: The Visitor
Movie Part 1: Secret of the Omnitrix
Movie Part 2: Secret of the Omnitrix
Movie Part 3: Secret of the Omnitrix
Episode 33: Perfect Day
Episode 34: Divided We Stand
Episode 35: Don't Drink the Water
Episode 36: Big Fat Alien Wedding
Episode 37: Ken 10
Episode 38: Goodbye and Good Ridance
Episode 39: Ben 10 vs Negative 10 (Part 1)
Episode 40: Ben 10 vs Negative 10 (Part 2)

Episode 30: The Return

1.8K 66 7
By OuTThere_Somewhere

~Y/N's POV~

I yawn tiredly, rubbing my eyes. I look up to see Ben looking tired "You ok, Benji?" I ask, he flinches "Um, yeah. Just...WAITING FOR THE DWEEB TO GET OUT THE BATHROOM!" He shouts "WHAT?! I LITERALLY JUST GOT IN HERE! YOU SAID YOU ALREADY WENT!" Gwen shouts from the bathroom. I snort, Ben only stares at me "You sure you're ok?" I ask, he nods "Yep." Ben says before kissing my cheek and walking outside.

I sketch in my sketchbook lazily, "And the lookout on state highway 818 for a prison bus reportedly taken over by the inmates." A voice in the radio says. A bus suddenly bashes into the Rust Bucket. Ben, Gwen and I jolt around.

We watch the bus scrapes on the window, "Those cons picked the wrong bridge at the wrong time." Ben says, looking down at the watch "Ben, this time we need to figure out our plan before you and Y/N go charging off." Max says, I put on my suit and look at him. "Grandpa's right." Gwen says seriously "Ok, here's the plan, you guys sit back and enjoy the Hero Show. Come on, N/N." Ben says "Ben—Gwen and I can help." Max tells him.

Ben chuckles, "That's funny, Grandpa. We're out of here." Ben says, hitting down on the watch. He turns into Stinkfly "Oh man!" He groans. We all look at him, "Uh-I mean, yeah, Stinkfly's gonna bring down the pain from above." Ben says, grabbing me and flying off. He tosses me onto his back and flies after the prison bus. Ben lands on the side of the truck, I hold onto him tightly as he grins at the inmates through the open window. "Nobody gets out of jail free when this fly is on patrol!" Ben says.

The inmate that was driving gags, "And I thought the prison food smelled gross!" He shouts. I almost felt bad for the guy as he coughs harshly, the joys of being able to turn off my sense of smell. Thank you powers. "What is that thing?!" The inmate asks, at this point the guy had tears in his eyes. One of the inmates behind him swings a chain.

"History." He says, throwing the chain at us. Ben dodges and flies away from the window "Benji, what are you-" "A different approach, now they see us," Ben shoot slime onto the window shield "Now they don't!" The bus crashes into the Rust Bucket repeatedly before they use the windshield wipers "Wow, these guys are stupid." I hum as some of the inmates climb onto the top of the bus. I levitate the inmates in the air before smashing them down onto the roof of the bus.

They stand back up, holding their weapons firmly. Ben yelps when a chain wraps around his tail, pulling the both of us down. "I got him." I hum, prepping to jump down "Y/N, wait-" Ben wraps his arms around me and holds me protectively "You don't have to do this by yourselves, you know!" Gwen shouts from the window as I squirm in Ben's hold "When you got the moves, use them." I hum.

I stop fighting Ben, "Fly around them in a circle." I tell him. Ben keeps holding me as he flies around the inmates. The chain ties them up, Ben shoots slime at the bus while the Rust Bucket tries to shoot a laser. The bus and the Rust Bucket swerve, "I'm gonna go, help Max and Gwen." I tell Ben, teleporting into the Rust Bucket "Whoa!" I yelp, immediately falling. I surround the Rust Bucket with a F/C glow, it comes to a quick stop.

"Are you guys ok?" I ask as Max stops the laser. Gwen looks dizzy, but gives me a thumbs up. The other half of the bridge falls and the bus zooms right past us and over the edge. Max presses a button, a hook attaches to the back of the bus. I watch the inmates fall into the water.

"SWIM FOR IT!"

"I don't think so," Gwen says, opening her spell book "Aguata Risa Sparklota!" The water shoots the inmates into the air. Max and I stare in shock "I meant to do that." Gwen says proudly "Nice job, Gwenie." I say, hugging her proudly. Gwen laughs nervously, pulling away.

~💚~

"Hey, Gwen, give me some pretzels." Ben says, I read through Dad's notebook, sitting in the front with Max. "Gee, Ben, I didn't know your legs were broken. Get them yourself, you lazy dweeb." Gwen says. She types at her laptop, "Excuse me, since I just took out a busload of escaped prisoners, I think I-" "WE took out a busload of escaped prisoners." Gwen corrects.

Ben scoffs, "Please. No offense, but you guys were just on cleanup. Everyone knows the alien crew leads, you and Grandpa follow. Now, what about those-...thanks." He sighs when he gets hit with the bag of pretzels. "Hey-shhh! Guys, I'm trying to listen." Max says seriously, I look up at the screen "Today's launch of the Noven spacecraft has been delayed by a freak electrical storm. I've covered bad weather from the four corners of the globe, and I've never seen anything like this purple lightning!" A reporter says.

"But we have." Ben says, I shut the notebook "In the desert with that werewolf." I grumble "And on the farm with that mummy." Gwen says. "This is Steve Cummings reporting live from the Kennedy Space Center." We all share a look before Max starts the Rust Bucket "Next stop, Cape Canaveral." He says.

~💚~

"Ok, I go in as Diamondhead-No wait, Fourarms! And get to the bottom of this purple lightning stuff. And of course, Y/N's coming too."

"Hold on, you two. I may know someone who can get us inside with a little less commotion." Max tells us "Really? Who?" Ben and I ask "Just an old friend." Max says with a grin.

~💚~

I look around at all the space stuff in awe, "Max Tennyson! What's it been? 40 years?" A guy asks, smiling at us happily "Give or take." Max chuckles. "What every happened to you? And where's Justin? One day you both were here, the next day, both of you were gone. Had to give your little walk to Armstrong. And Justin's ideas were all put on hold." The guy says, leading us through the hallway "Armstrong? Like Apollo 11's: Neil Armstrong?" Ben asks "Max, you were supposed to be the first man on the moon?" I ask in surprise "Sure was. Do these guys look familiar?" The guy asks, showing us a picture of a young looking Max and an even younger looking Dad...seriously he look like he's a teenager or something. "Best astronaut in the program...and Justin was a young prodigy." The guy says.

"A different duty called." Max states, I stare at the picture in awe "So, what can I help you with, Max?" The guy asks, smiling. "Just playing tourist. Wanted to show the youngsters around the old stomping ground." Max says. I walk a head, looking at each of the pictures...so Dad was a nerd and Max was like his cool older brother.

I yelp when I bump into someone, "Oh, sorry." I say, the scientist stares at me firmly. Ben walks up to my side as the guy continues to stare me down, Ben places his hand on my shoulder. The scientist eyes quickly land on the Omnitrix, "You shouldn't be here. You bring unauthorized visitors into a classified area? Get rid of them." He says firmly, walking away. "What's his problem?" Ben asks, holding my shoulder protectively.

"It's kind of a crazy day, Max, with the delay and all. Maybe we should reschedule your tour. You remember the way out, right?" The guy asks, slowly walking away. Max nods, the guy leaves the room and Max grins at us. We grin back and start continuing down the path.

~💚~

"-So, I never did wind up going into space with NASA."

"Bummer. Don't you ever regret not being the first man in the moon?" Ben asks "I just took my leaps for mankind in other ways-hold on." Max says when we hear a door open. He grabs us and we hide behind a wall, Max looks behind the wall. He give us a thumbs up and we continue moving.

We walk up to a door, Max pulls out a lock pick. "Plumber's standard issue." Max chuckles proudly as the door opens, he places the lock pick back into his pocket. Gwen, Ben and I share a look, Ben takes my hand and shrugs, Max takes a seat at the computer. "NASA records everything. Let's see about that purple lightning." Max says seriously.

~💚~

Ben yawns tiredly, leaning on me "Who would've thought tv could be so boring?" He sighs "Yeah, these must be prelaunch images....ok, we're on to something now." Max says, he and Gwen stare at the screen seriously. Ben yawns again and nuzzles into my side "Knock it off. You're making me tired." I say with a yawn. Ben stands up and quietly motions for me to follow.

I follow him outside the room, "They have their way of finding things, we have ours." Ben states, walking away "Splitting up? What could possibly go wrong?" I laugh. I take Ben's hand, he grins at me widely and we walks through a door. There was a machine in the middle of the dark room "Whoa, a mega Merry-Go-Round."  Ben says in awe.

The ground shakes and there was a loud roar behind us "The werewolf!" We both gasp. It lunges at us, I quickly slam down on a button beside the door. The werewolf gets caught in the door, I grab Ben's hand and run. Ben stops me and glares at the werewolf "Heatblast's gonna singe that mangy fur coat of yours." Ben says, dialing on the watch. He hits down on the watch and turns into the mummy...that I never actually named...

"The mummy? Aw...great. Did you even name this thing?" Ben groans "Eh, I kinda forgot you had it." I state before the werewolf breaks the door down, it snarls at us. I snarl back, glowing a dark F/C. The werewolf lunges at us, Ben dodges its attack-only to get smacked in the face and knocked into a wall. Ben grunts at the impact, I levitate the mummy into the air. I smash it down into the ground. It pops back up and growls at me "Alright, listen, you are already connected to some irritating memories...so I advise you back off before I hurt you." I say seriously.

The werewolf ignores my warning, but instead of lunging at me, it choses to go after Ben again. Ben yelps, getting smacked into the air. I levitate him before he could hit the ground, I gently put him back on his feet. Ben sighs and looks at his bandages "How do you work these things?" He groans. I crack a tired smile when he falls on his butt. The werewolf grabs the both of us "Hey!" Ben shouts.

The werewolf knocks us into each other, he tosses Ben to one side of the room and me to the other "You better figure out what that thing can do, or we're gonna wind up Wolfie's chew toy." I groan. Ben shoots his bandages at the werewolf, it dodges, and the bandages wrap around me instead "Hey!" I yelp "Oops, sorry." Ben says. The wolf tackles his, Ben quickly lets go of me and wraps his bandages around the wolf's mouth.

It worked for a second, the wolf backs away slowly. It breaks out after a few second, throwing Ben back again. I levitate Ben in the air before he could hit the wall. I place Ben down and levitate the wolf, smashing it through the window. I flinch when a loud beep starts to echo through the room. I look around in confusion, "DUCK!" Ben shouts.

He holds me to the ground, the machine swings above us. The wolf dodges and looms over us. Ben grabs its leg and tosses it into the air. The wolf lands onto the machine and starts to swing over us, Ben looks up. I jump up, making a black glow surround the wolf. It glows and shoots a sound wave at me. A force field surrounds me as I go through the wall. Dust surrounds the force field, I quickly lower it.

"Got you!"
"I don't think so."

I make my way through the dust to see Gwen and Max looming over Ben. I run up to them, "Wait, that's Benji." I warn "It is?" Gwen asks "Unfortunately..." Ben sighs. "Oh, sorry about that, Sport. Thought you were that mummy. I guess because you know, you're a mummy." Max says before Ben turns back into himself.

"Werewolf from the Indian Reservation attacked us. He's gotta still be running around here somewhere." Ben tells Max and Gwen. "I don't like it. Dr Vicktor being around when purple lightning grounds the shuttle, then the werewolf shows up. What's next?" Max sighs. The sky flashes and thunder rumbles quietly "That!" Gwen gasps, pointing towards the sky. The lightning worsens, "We better check this out." Ben says seriously, he takes my hand and drags me away. Gwen complains behind us...

~💚~

I look around the room as we walk "The purple lightning came from right around here." Max says "What is this place?" I ask "Well, they call it the Graveyard. Rockets, thrusters, engines, capsules-you name it. From every mission, Mercury, Gemini, Apollo. NASA's like Aunt Vera-heh, neither one likes to throw anything out." Max jokes lightly. I crack a smile at him, Gwen walks over to one of the shuttles "Grandpa, this is dated 1968, and it says, 'To the brave men who so valiantly reached the heavens'...and there are initials of all the astronauts. M.T. wouldn't happen to be Maxwell Tennyson, would it?" Gwen asks

Max places a hand on the shuttle "Can't live in the past Gwen." He sighs. The was a roar behind us, I turn to see the werewolf looking down at us "And something tell me he doesn't want us living in the present, either." Ben says before the howls, shooting its sound waves at us. I cover my ear quickly, the four of us get knocked back.

The werewolf lunges at us, Max pulls a device out of his pocket and throws it at the werewolf. The device wraps around the werewolf's mouth. Gwen and I shoot Max a confused look, "Plumber's standard issue." He tell us before a bandage wraps around Gwen and yanks her away from us. She screams, grabbing onto a nearby machine. I run over to help her with Ben right behind me "The mummy and the werewolf?" Gwen asks as I bend down to help her. I yelp when Ben grabs me and pulls me away. We dodge the mummy's bandages, one of the bandages wraps around me, yanking me back "Shoot! Y/N!" Ben shouts.

I make myself glow black, I become heavier. "At least this will make this harder for him...it's not like I can teleport or something..." I joke quietly before there was a green flash.

"WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST FOURARMS?!"

I look to see Gwen getting dragged beside me, "End up in danger oftten?" I ask jokingly "Unfortunately...." Gwen groans. Cannonbolt bashes into the mummy, causing it to let go of me and Gwen. We land on a part of the rocket, the mummy lands behind us.  There was a purple glow behind us, "Gwen, Y/N...get back! He's gonna release the corrodium!" Max shouts. I teleport Gwen and I away from the mummy, Gwen lets out a breath of relief.

I yelp when Ben grabs me and rolls into a ball. "A warning would've been nice." I chuckle when he hits the mummy. "Where's the fun in that? Gimme a boost." Ben says, I make my hand glow F/C and presses my hand down on Ben. He glows F/C and starts to move faster "Hang on, Grandpa. We're on our way." Ben says before he hits something.

Ben unrolls and gently places me down, "Back off my  grandpa, Fido!" Ben says. A purple lightning shocks him, Ben cries out in pain. Both my and Max's eyes widen, we turn to see where the source was...

"I was told of the Omnitrix, but you are not the only one with the power to transform." Dr Vicktor says before his whole body starts to morph and shift into a Frankenstein looking monster. I stare at him in shock "We could be in trouble." Ben says, Max and I nod slowly as purple lightning surrounds Dr Vicktor. He hops down to where we were and glares at us, Ben steps in front of us protectively. The mummy and the werewolf hop down beside Dr Vicktor, I put a force field around us "Wait...where's Gwen?" I ask under my breath.

I look around worriedly, "I want them eliminated before the launch." Dr Vicktor says firmly. Gwen hops in front of my force field, I lower it, moving under Ben's arm to stand by Gwen's side. She opens her spellbook "This spell's gonna blow all of you freaks out of here...Twista Combititus!" Gwen shouts, stretching out her hand.

We all look around expectingly. Gwen's shoulder slouch, I pat her back gently.

"I'll show you some magic. I'm gonna make you disappear." Dr Vicktor says as purple lightning surrounds his fist. We all hug each other protectively before a metallic snake appears in front of us and blocks Dr Vicktor's blast. "That was cool!" Gwen says in awe, she beams awkwardly "Just wish I knew how I did it." She adds. One of the pillars starts to fall towards us, I gasp. Ben grabs us and shields us from the pillars

~💚~

"Enough! We need to preorder the launch."

I wait for the footsteps to retreat before I levitate the rubble off of us. I yelp when Ben stands up, causing me to be on top of his head. He pulls Gwen and Max up into standing positions. The watch beep and Ben turns back into himself. I yelp and fall on top of him, we both groan. Ben crackles a wide grin "Look who's falling for me~" He jokes lightly "Oh my gosh, don't do that." I snort tiredly. Ben helps me up and we go back to being serious.

"I got a really bad feeling that they're taking the corriodium out to that spacecraft." Max whispers "Ok...so I'll go XLR8, stop the launch, get the corrodium, then come back here and deal with bolt-neck and his pals." Ben whispers back "Hello? Current events, the watch just timed out. Who knows when it's gonna let you go hero again?" Gwen says seriously. Ben sighs, Max places a hand on his shoulder "You two can't do everything, Ben. The four of us have to work as a team. Gwen and I will deal with the launch. Once the watch recharges, you and Y/N can have a little chat with Dr Vicktor and company." Max says softly.

Ok...but I can literally just go and fight now...

Gwen sticks her tongue out at Ben, "If you run into trouble, don't panic. We'll be there as soon as we can." He says seriously, Gwen rolls her eyes "Ooh, I feel safer already. Y/N, try not to do anything stupid." Gwen says, following behind Max as they walk away "I'm making no promises." I snort. Ben takes my hand and we run off in the other direction. It didn't take long to find to Dr Vicktor and the other Halloween rip-offs.

Ben and I sneak behind them, they go inside a shuttle. We share a look before going inside too. Sounds of clanking and tools being used echo throughout the room-which was a 50 times bigger on the inside. Ben glance at me, I take his hand and we continue to follow the sounds.

"Are you clear on your instructions? The downlink must be aligned when the projection begins."

I hear the werewolf growl, Ben and I peek into the room to see Dr Vicktor and the werewolf hopping around onto a platform. It goes up, I speed-walk and hold onto one of the wires "Y/N!" Ben whispers, shooting me a look. He grabs onto one of the wires not to far below me.

The platform comes to a stop, I watch as the wires attach into Dr Vicktor's back. Purple lightning flashes around the room before a portal opens, Ben and I gasp quietly. The werewolf gets pulled into the portal. I levitate me and Ben so we didn't have to hold onto the wires, "Whoa," Ben whispers "Talk about an express flight." The portal closes. I put on my suit, I was about to walk out when Ben grabs me.

"What?"
"We have to wait for the watch."
"Benji, you have to wait for the watch. I can fight now."
"Y/N, we're a team. We have to work as a team."
"I can handle it."
"No, you can't-just...please wait."

Ben looks down almost sadly, I sigh and lean in the wall. "Alright, Benji, I'll wait." I sigh, Ben doesn't say anything, he just continues to look at the ground.

~💚~

I perk up when I hear the watch beep, "Ugh, that took forever." I huff quietly "It was like 15 minutes." Ben states "Those were the longest 15 minutes of my life." I groan. Ben dials on the watch, "Now, if I could just get a little cooperation." Ben hits down on the watch and turns into XLR8. "Yes! Got what I asked for!" He cheers quietly as he wraps his tail around me and places me on his back.

"That muscle head will never know what hit him." Ben whispers, I hold onto him when he takes off. Ben heads right towards Dr Vicktor at full speed-we both get thrown back. I lose my grip on Ben and floor with a grunt. "Wow...good reflexes..." Ben says from behind me, "You will not stop me, children. Even with your pitiful array of alien abilities," Dr Vicktor starts shoot purple energy at us, Ben grabs me and starts to dodge, but Dr Vicktor was able to grab me "I'll rip you!" Ben jumps up and rapidly kicks him in the face.

Dr Vicktor drops me and Ben grabs me again "I could've got free..." I sigh "You took too long." Ben says seriously "Wh...he had me for like 5 seconds." I state "That was too long." Ben says, dodging more of Dr Vicktor's energy blasts. Wires attach to his back, "These games have delayed me long enough." He growls. Dr Vicktor holds his hands into the air and a portal opens behind us as purple lightning sparks all around. "Enjoy your trip." Dr Vicktor says. The portal starts to suck us in, Ben starts running at full speed. I levitate one of the machine and toss it into the portal "I sure hope this works." I say firmly. The portal closes and Ben instantly goes back to zooming around "Better hurry!" He says.

I hop off Ben's back, Ben stops in his tracks and retreats back to where I am. We both look up at a machine "Uh...what's he gonna do with that?" Ben asks.

"You are resilient."

Dr Vicktor stands on a higher platform above us, "But your presence changes nothing! All is ready. Observe." Dr Vicktor says before pressing a button. The whole room shake, "Grandpa and Gwen!" Ben gasps worriedly. Dr Vicktor holds onto two purple wires, I growl, "I don't know what your plan is, but it's over, Frankenfreak!" I shout. "Oh, it's not my plan. It's the Master's." Dr Vicktor says as purple energy surrounds him. "It always was."

Ben hold me protectively as purple lightning goes from pillar to pillar until they all aim for the chunk of a building in the center. "The masters?" I ask, feeling a little nauseous "Who's the-wait a minute, I know this place." Ben says "Yes. It is where you believed you destroyed my master. You were wrong." Dr Vicktor says with a wicked grin. "Wait..." I mumble, still fighting back the nausea.

This is the ledge I jumped off of...

A/N: That sounds so bad out of context, but in context it's even worse...

I push of Ben's hold as I puke out a black liquid, I cough once the liquid was completely out my mouth. The black liquid bubbles and floats into the air, it mixes with the purple lightning and two bodies form.

My jaw drops at the sight of Ghostfreak and Other Me...

"I LIVE!" Ghostfreak hisses out, Other Me just hovers beside him with a tired look in her eyes. "GHOSTFREAK?!" Ben gasps "OTHER ME?! WHAT THE F*CK?!" I scream angrily.

A/N: A brief summary of how my brain sees this scene as I write it. Staring SpongeBob as Ben, Blue fish guy as Y/N, and old man as Other Y/N. Enjoy. And yes my brain mostly does consist of SpongeBob quotes. First few seasons are my comfort show.

"Master, all is prepared for your return." Dr Vicktor states "How can this be?" Ben asks nervously "DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO F*CK OFF!" I shout, pointing at Other Me. Ben wraps his tail around me protectively "I saw you fried with my own eyes." Ben says before we hear beeping "You gotta be kidding..." I groan. Ben turns back into himself, I yelp when Other Me grabs me "Please don't fight me..." She sighs, pulling me away from Ben. He reaches out to me with a terrified look written all over his face. Ghostfreak looks down at him "You and I have a score to settle, Ben Tennyson!" He growls as Other Me grips my arm firmly...

~T O B E C O N T I N U E D~

💜A/N💜:

A few Fun Facts about this book as a whole:

1. I stated writing Ben 10 things when I was 9 (meaning, I had only seen all of the reboot and a few episodes of classic and Omniverse-which is why I'm not completely willing to show the old crap I wrote...)

2. Mayhemian powers are based off of a characters from shows I was watching around that time. These characters are: Discord, Steven Universe, Bill Cypher, and the Warners from Animaniacs

3. Mayhemian is pronounce mayhem-mi-an...the easiest way little me could say it. And the original name was Discordants. Glad I changed it.

And that's it, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I might take more time for the next one, considering Y/N and Ben aren't traumatized enough...so yeah, bye peoples, aliens, robots!

-💜OutThere Out💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 635 14
Ben Tennyson has been on many adventures and survived a lot in his life. Now stuck on Earth-1 for almost 3 years. Ben has adjusted to living on this...
3.6K 1K 10
Ben Tennyson, an immature little brat with a powerful, outworldly device in his hands which he uses as a toy. Our earth is being attacked by monstrou...
38.7K 660 24
Ben Tennyson was once a Quirkless boy who had a dream to become a hero, but was denied by an unfortunate genetic trait. Although in his last year of...
31.7K 496 13
Ben Tennyson, a quirkless middle school student who only wanted to be a hero. throughout his life a question keeps entering his mind, "If you could c...