𝐖.𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒕 | HTTYD...

Por -MOONDANCER

[n.] a strong desire or urge to travel the world. [How to Train Your Dragon x Hybrid!Reader] Everything was t... Más

i am a forest fire
and i am the forest
and i am a witness watching it
i stand in a valley watching it
and you are not there at all

and i am the fire

2.7K 76 20
Por -MOONDANCER

Hiccup groaned at his now-stuck shield. He looked around, picking up the two fish he had thrown and continued furthur into the cove.

Y/n stared at the boy approaching from behind him. She furrowed her brows and stood up, making him flinch and slowly turned around.

The Night Fury growled catching his attention. Hiccup held out the fish warily as the largest out of the three crawled forward to take it.

He opened his mouth, revealing a set of gums in his mouth. Wait a second... Hiccup became confused, furrowing her brows as he stared at where the Night Fury's teeth was supposed to be.

"Toothless..?" Asked the boy, making Y/n grin. Her wing was draped down, the black limb covering some of the rock. Her wings were twice her size or so to be able to actually lift her weight into the sky. At least, they both could until she was shot down.

The Night Fury snapped out his sharp canines, snatching the fish from his left hand. He yelped, pulling back his hand. Now he was left with one fish. Y/n hopped down from her stone, allowing her wing and tail to drag behind her. She narrowed her eyes, reached out her hand and snatched it while startling him.

Hiccup staggered back a few steps, analyzing thier appearance. Y/n stared right back at him before tossing the fish to the ground. He blinked, surprised. Huh... Did she not like-?

Fwoosh! Hiccup raised his hands instinctively in the form of a flinch before opening his eyes. Y/n giggled, her palm still tinted red with purple edges from the plasma's heat. The ground was burnt, leaving a scorch mark. She waved around her hand to cool it off and picked up her cooked fish.

"Plasma..?" He mumbled.

Soon, he found himself sitting next to Toothless and Y/n. "So, uh... what's your name?" He asked awkwardly after swallowing that disgusting bite of... regurgitated fish. He cringed at the mere thought of trying that again.

"My.. name?" Asked Y/n, sort of half-surprising Hiccup. He.. didn't really expect her to understand him. Y/n frowned in thought. She tucked her silver and h/c hair behind her ear as she bit into her fish.

"I think.. it's Y/n." She said with a shrug. Hiccup grinned lopsidedly. Think? That's.. weird. Okay....

"Y/n? That's a nice name." He complimented before realizing what he had said. He fell silent, with red cheeks. Y/n hummed in agreement.

"Yours?" She asked out of the blue, startling him. "Mine? Uh- Mi- Mine what? My what?" He asked, correcting himself hastily.

"Name. Your name?" She asked curiously. Hiccup cleared his throat and scratched his neck awkwardly. It's been a while since someone's asked that nicely.

"My name's Hiccup." He answered. He looked towards Y/n's wing curiously, making her smile. She always did like showing them off. Er.. showing it off. She stood up, a healing scratch visible from where it was torn off. She stretched her wing, the jet black shimmering against the sunny day. She opened her tail fins as well, making Hiccup laugh a little. He looked to Toothless, who blinked incredulously before walking off.

Hiccup stood up and cleared his throat before faking a large yawn. Y/n giggled, lifting a hand to her lips to muffle it. Hiccup smiled awkwardly before speaking. "I... should be going now." He said, clicking his tongue and jerking a thumb towards the entrance of the cove.

Y/n laughed and waved him goodbye. Toothless looked at her with a raised brow, causing her to smack him with her tail. She huffed, rolling her eyes as an obvious 'no way!'.

....

Y/n and Toothless watched Hiccup curiously, a drawing of Toothless and herself being etched in the sand by the boy. Hiccup saw and tensed up before continuing. Y/n's ear twitched before she walked over to a tree and tore off a large branch. Toothless grabbed an entire tree before beginning to draw as well. Hiccup looked up in surprise, seeing Y/n carry a branch that was sure to be heavy. Gobber and Stoick would have a hard time carrying that thing, yet Y/n carried it with such... ease. They stepped back, admiring thier work of messy swirls and lines.

He began to walk towards the outside, stepping on one of the lines as he did so. Y/n and Toothless began to growl at this. He lifted a foot and they immediately stopped in sync. They really were best friends.

Hiccup placed his foot down again experimentally. A growl. He lifted it. A purr. Once more. A growl and a purr. He continued to put his foot in between the spaces. Still purring... he continued to step around the lines, as if he were dancing very strangely. He came to a stop, meeting with Toothless's chest. He tensed up, turned around and reaching out a hand. Toothless recoiled. Hiccup pulled back his hand. He thought about it for a moment, Y/n watching curiously. Hiccup looked away, holding out his hand in order to let Toothless come to him. The Night Fury hesitated, but his pupils dialated into larger, rounded rectangles. Toothless eventually shut his eyes and pressed his muzzle into Hiccup's hand. Hiccup tensed up.

He was actually... touching a Night Fury!! He looked up as Toothless pulled back with a snort and flew off. He looked to Y/n, holding out a hand. She shook her head and huffed before leaving the area. Hiccup frowned a little. Still no contact.. He stared at his hand for a minute before leaving.

...

Y/n raised a brow at Toothless who growled and shook his head. 'No way!'

Y/n laughed that night.

...

The next day, Hiccup came bearing.. lots of stuff. He kicked over a bucket of fish- no, two buckets. Y/n and Toothless pounced on it before Toothless recoiled. Y/n looked over and growled animalistically. Hiccup sputtered and picked up the striped eel.

"Oh, is- is this it?" He asked, offering the striped aquatic creature and Toothless snarled. "No, no, no! Here, uhh-" He said, tossing it to the side.

"See? Yeah, I'm not a big fan of eel eother." He chuckled. Y/n and Toothless relaxed almost immediately. Hiccup climbed onto Toothless's tail, applying the object and opening it. Hiccup hummed in thought lifting his hands to his mouth in thought. Y/n looked over, watching Toothless raise his head. The now empty basket fell off before Toothless took to the sky. Not a moment later, the prosthetic closed, making them fall. Y/n smiled and laughed, making bird calls with her hands around her mouth.

Hiccup was too busy opening the prosthetic to keep them both from face planting into the stones below. Toothles made a sharp upturn. The Night Fury looked back with narrowed eyes and slitted pupils before he turned sharply. He threw Hiccup in the river, but in return he made a large splash in the lake. Y/n laughed at the two, completely soaked. Toothless shook of the water with a guttural growl.

He huffed. Hiccup grinned at Y/n, glancing at her wing for a moment before holding up the other contraption he had brought. Y/n blinked and sighed in exasperation. She could tell he wouldn't leave her alone, so she turned around and fanned out her wing.

Berk Secrets

-Y/n still is unsure about Hiccup.

-Y/n still hasn't had any physical contact with Hiccup

-Y/n is really strong because he has a huge appetite!

-Y/n has strength that just barely surpasses Stoick

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

7.4K 264 6
Some time over a thousand years ago a virus spread across planet earth infecting the worlds inhabitants.The virus wiped out the entirety of the male...
307K 9.2K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
211K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
39.1K 855 17
20 year old (Y/n) has just moved into My Street to surprise her childhood friend, Travis. What if the "Neighborhood Watch" Zane Ro'Meave falls head o...