COTE Reactions

By Kamui1738

Just your normal reaction fic... probably not so normal. Takes place in the middle of y2v4.5 just before Ichi... More

Prologue
Equality
50%-kun
50%-kun (DOTWH Version)
Help me, Ayanokouji-kun
DOTWH - Prologue 3
Fanart
Food Trap
DOTWH - The Beginning
425 Plans
DOTWH - The Truth
Ice Queen
You're Cruel
DOTWH - A Small Job
Piano & Calligraphy
DOTWH - Ending the Day
Motivation to study
Wrong Exam Topics
DOTWH - All about Chiaki
A Deal
Saving Sudou

Behind the mask

10.3K 188 261
By Kamui1738

I left the library and chased after Kushida. I wanted to thank her for working so hard to get the study group together, and to apologize.

Matsushita: This must be right after the study session.

Kei: Hmm... Why are you chasing after her, Ayanokouji-kun? If it's to thank and apologise to her, then there's no need to rush, is there?

Kei asked in a cold manner which went unnoticed by most. Except of course, the man himself.

Ayanokouji: I... didn't want to lose her.

Kei: I see...

Besides, I wanted to do everything possible to get along with such a cute girl you know?

Kei: Hmm...? Do you like Kushida-san or something, Ayanokouji-kun?

Ayanokouji: I don't have romantic feelings for her.

Kei: Hmm... Is that so...?

Nene: Am I cute, Ayanokouji-kun?

Ayanokouji: I guess...

Ayanokouji tried his best to avoid the daggers aimed at him by a certain blonde.

Nene: Then, why don't you try and get along with me? I'm sure we would get along very well.

Ayanokouji: I... thought that you were out of my league...?

Silence...

Staaaaaaarrrrrreeeeeeee...

Reeeeeeeeeeedddddd....

Nene: E-Eh!?

Kei: 'What in the world did he just say!? Kiyotaka! What this is!? What this is!?'

Nene: D-D-Don't think like that, Ayanokouji-kun! I promise you that if that's true, then I would be on the wrong end!

Fuka: Ayanokouji, it's physically, literally, spiritually, mentally, ly, impossible for anyone to be out of your league. That's just not possible, myself included.

Ayanokouji: That's not true. Hirata is better looking than me.

Fuka: The nice guy? Please! He's so ordinary. Sure he's above average, but even just looks-wise, if we compare him to you, then he has no chance at all.

Asahina: It's obvious that you become blind when looking at yourself in the mirror. You are out of literally everyone's league.

Arisu: Yes, I agree. After all, you are the only person who has been able to steal my heart. You can include Masumi-san as well.

Kamuro: You don't have to include me you fucking loose legs.

Ichinose: I have to agree, Ayanokouji-kun. You're really handsome. Too handsome, honestly...

Haruka: Yeah, Kiyopon. You've raised the standard of handsome for boys and men. Now, no one is good looking when compared to you.

Tsubaki: 'His demeanour... his cool character... his mind... his face... they're perfect in my eyes...'

Nanase: 'The compassion he showed me... his cool hairstyle that matches perfectly with his handsome face... the butterflies he gave me... my dreamy senpai... I love it all...'

Hiyori: Ayanokouji-kun is really cool... That peaceful look on your face when we read books together... the gentle way you speak to me...

Satou: Those amazingly beautiful golden eyes of yours ... I can stare at them for eternity... That handsome face that's always so calm and cool no matter the situation... Your selflessness, the way you help the class in secret and never taking credit... That brown hair with the best middle part... That strong athletic body... They're all amazing...

Silence...

Staaaaaaarrrrrreeeeeee...

Matsushita: I thought that it was a simple crush, but I guess it's much more than that...

Fuka: I agree very much with what's been said. Though, I feel like that's more than a simple crush or eye-candy.

Kei: 'Satou... I'm so sorry...'

Ayanokouji: Uh... Thanks for the compliments, I guess... 'Though I find it extremely hard to believe them...'

Whipping out my cell phone, I pulled up Kushida's contact information. Although it was my second time calling, I felt nervous contacting her.

Kei: Eh... What's this...? Why are you nervous to call her? Don't tell me you actually are in love with Kushida-san?

Satou: 'Kei-chan, soo scary! Kushida-chan's life's in danger!'

Ichika: 'Look at Karuizawa-senpai being jealous, hehehehe~ If I was senpai's girlfriend, I would never feel jealous, since I would have no problems with him dating other girls at the same time.'

Ayanokouji: Uh... no. Kushida was very popular so I felt like someone of my stature shouldn't contact her... so, I got nervous.

Kushida: You shouldn't feel that way, Ayanokouji-kun. I don't bite.

Arisu: Fufufufu. Ayanokouji-kun? Nervous? Don't worry yourself about that, Ayanokouji-kun. It's obvious at a glance that you're way above her.

Fuka: It's not even close. She's just popular. You, on the other hand, are special. Too special. Seeing you in a class full of defects is like finding diamonds in a slum.

The phone rang twice, then three times. However, she didn't pick up. Did she not notice me calling? Or was she refusing to answer it?

Fuka: You must be stupid to let the phone ring twice, let alone not picking it up at all.

Asahina: This girl has just wasted the opportunity most others want, to get closer to him.

Nene: I know, right? This is so not fair! I want him to call me every night!

Nene flailed her arms around in frustration.

Ryueen: Booty call?

Nene: Well... No! I want to have long night calls with him! And, go out on dates!

Hiyori: Hmm? What's a booty call.

Ayanokouji: Hiyori, no. It's for your own good.

Hiyori: I take it you don't know what it is either, Ayanokouji-kun?

Ayanokouji: No clue.

Hiyori: I see... I guess we're in the same boat. Hehehe.

Hiyori giggled slightly and all of a sudden a bright light started emanating from her.

Satou: This pureness... It's too overwhelming!

Fuka: She's way too pure for this disgusting world.

Ryueen: I can see jesus!

Kushida wasn't around campus, so I continued to search for her. When I got inside the school, I glimpsed someone who looked like Kushida from behind.

It was already around six PM, so the only people here should've been involved in club activities.

Well, this was Kushida we were talking about. She was probably waiting for one of her good friends to finish club stuff.

Kushida seemed to have finally remembered what this video is about and got worried. Her eyes grew wide and she broke into a cold sweat.

Mei-Yu: Are you ok, Kikyou-chan?

Kushida: H-Huh? Oh, of course...! I'm perfectly fine! 'Shit, shit, shit! I'm fucked! I didn't realise what the fuck is happening! I can't ask that goddess to change the video, right!? She obviously knows what happened and hates my guts! Fuck, fuck, fuck! What the fuck am I supposed to do!?'

I decided to keep up the chase. If she were busy, I'd talk to her again later. Bearing that in mind, I pressed on. I took out a pair of indoor shoes from the cubicles in the hallway, but didn't see Kushida.

Had I lost her? I thought I had, until I heard the faint clack of shoes. I followed her up the stairs to the second floor.

The sound of footsteps continued up to the third floor. The next level after that was the roof, wasn't it? Students were free to use the roof during lunchtime, but it should've been locked after class.

While I thought it strange, I went up the stairs, trying to hide my presence as best I could in case she was meeting with someone.

Ichinose: Ayanokouji-kun's like a spy!

Himeno: 'He could spy on me whenever he wants with those gorgeous eyes of his.'

Then, I stopped partway.

Someone was up there.

Ryueen: Yeah, someone is up there. Maybe the person you've been fucking following?

Ayanokouji: It might have been a ghost.

Katsuragi: You believe in ghosts?

Ayanokouji: I mean, they always appear in unexpected places. Whenever I thought I was alone, I get interrogated by Kanzaki.

Audible snickers could be heard within the theatre as Kanzaki turned to him in disbelief.

Kanzaki: I don't do that often.

Ayanokouji: Often enough.

I gently leaned against the handrail and peeked through a crack in the rooftop door. Through the opening, I glimpsed Kushida. No one else was with her.

Amikura: No, I'm pretty sure Kanzaki's soul is there, waiting to interrogate Ayanokouji-kun.

Kanzaki: It's not an interrogation. I was enquiring about his abilities.

Amikura: I would like to enquire about how much points it would take to get you to stop doing that.

Kanzaki: What don't you understand? I'm doing this for the class.

Amikura: Well, don't do it at the expense of my hubby.

Silence...

Staaaaaaaaaarrrrrrreeeeeee....

Ichinose: What... did you just call him, Mako-chan?

Amikura: Hehehe. Relax. I was just joking.

Himeno: Sure you are.

Amikura: No, I really was joking.

Himeno: Whatever you say.

Was she waiting for someone?

A rendezvous at such a secluded place... Could she possibly be waiting for her boyfriend?

Hondou: That can't be the case! Kushida-chan can't possibly have a boyfriend!

Ibuki: Would you shut up? She's not going to date you either way.

Hondou: You never know!

If that were the case, I could end up cornered on all sides.

Satou: You don't have to worry about that, Ayanokouji-kun. You can just go 'BAM'! Beat them up. Everything will be resolved.

Ryueen: This girl speaks my language.

Ayanokouji: Sorry, but I don't have any fighting skills.

'What a fucking liar.'

Kamuro: I find that hard to believe.

Ayanokouji: I'm telling the truth.

Kamuro: Alright then, fight eyelash viper right now.

Hashimoto: You talking about me?

Kamuro: Who the fuck else?

Ayanokouji: Violence is not good.

Kamuro: Just say that it's too troublesome.

Ayanokouji: It's too troublesome.

Kamuro: There you go. You don't have to keep lying. Everything's about to be revealed about you.

Ryueen: Yeah. Even your dick size and how much you shit in a day.

Ibuki: You seriously have to be so gross everytime?

Ryueen: You're the disgusting one. Fucking praying to get chokeslammed.

Ibuki: Go fuck yourself.

While I agonized over how to sneak away, Kushida slowly set her bag down on the ground.

Ike: She's planting a bomb! Get out of there, Ayanokouji!

Ayanokouji: How in the world do you think she managed to smuggle that in?

Ike: Uh... her boo-?

Smack!

Ike: Oww!

Shinohara: You want to finish that?

Ike: No, ma'am!

And then...

Kushida: Ayanokouji-kun!

Ayanokouji: Yes?

Kushida: So, like, we're friends, right?

Ayanokouji: Do you consider us friends?

Kushida: O-Of course! Maybe even best friends! I feel like I'm closest to you.

Ayanokouji: Huh? Really? I didn't know that.

Kushida: Well, now you do. So, like, we're so close and we've known each other for over a year, right?

Ayanokouji: What are you getting at?

Kushida: T-Then, I think that you should know the truth...

Ayanokouji: What truth?

Kushida suddenly stood up as if making an announcement.

Kushida: I-I'm in love with you, Ayanokouji-kun!

Silence...

Staaaaaaaaarrrrrrrreeeeeeee....

Ayanokouji: Wait, what?

"W-WHAT THE FUCK!?"

Hondou: Even Kushida-chan!?

Miyamoto: Ayanokouji, you one lucky son of a gun!

Ayanokouji: Are you joking?

Kushida: It's the truth! I think about you all the time! You're so handsome! So kind! Ever since we first met, I can't stop thinking about you! I never told you before because I thought I was not worthy of you! Every night, I always look at pictures of you before I go to sleep! I love you so much, Ayanokouji-kun! Please, go out with me- No, marry me! Please marry me! I want to have a family with you!

She rushed towards Ayanokouji and grabbed hold of his right hand.

Kushida: Please! I can't live without you! I want you by my side forever!

Ryueen: What the fuck kind of divine revelation is happening?

Satou: Kushida-chan, I didn't know you were like this!

Nene: Meh. I'm not worried. She can always be his 71st wife or something.

Kanzaki: How many wives is he going to have?

Ishizaki: Bro's not just going to be making a football team, he's making the whole league.

Hashimoto: No, he's manufacturing an army to send out to war.

Ishizaki: That's a damn terrifying army. Hundreds, maybe even thousands of Ayanokouji's trying to kill you.

Kei: 'Is she actually attempting a last minute save like this?'

Ayanokouji: Kushida... what in the world are you talking about?

Kushida: I love you! No, I'm obsessed with you! Look, I even keep a picture of you in my wallet!

Kushida took out her wallet and a picture of Ayanokouji inside it.

Kei: 'Guess she has made some preparations...'

Ayanokouji: Sorry, but I don't feel the same way.

Kushida: No! I don't care! I'll make you feel it! I'll make you feel just how much I love you!

Kushida's face moved quickly as it neared Ayanokouji's. However, just as she was about to give him some, her face hit something and repelled her backwards as she fell on the ground. Blood dripped out of her nose as it was the first thing that made contact.

Kushida: W-What!? A barrier!?

Ryu: Don't taint darling with your disgusting self.

Ryu held Ayanokouji tightly.

Kushida: No! I won't accept this! I love him!

Kushida started banging on the barrier.

Kushida: Let me in! Let me in!

Ryu: You shall not pass!

Haruka: I didn't expect Kushida-san to be this crazy about my Kiyopon.

Arisu: Fufufu. A last ditch effort that will be for nought.

Amikura: Damn! She cray, cray.

Kushida: Please, Ayanokouji-kun!

Ayanokouji: Sorry, but I don't feel that way for you.

Ryu teleported Kushida back into her seat.

Ryu: Hmm... What an interesting last save effort.

Mei-Yu: Kikyou-chan, you never told me you were in love with Ayanokouji-kun like that.

Onodera: Yeah, it was so unexpected.

Inogashira: I didn't realise you've been feeling that way for him for a while.

Kushida: ...

Mei-Yu: Kikyou-chan, are you ok?

Kushida: ...

Inogashira: She's probably upset after getting rejected like that.

Onodera: Yeah, let's not bother her right now. Let's give her some space.

Kei: 'Hmph! You really thought that was going to work? This is Kiyotaka we're talking about. My Kiyotaka!'

"Ahhh, so annoying!"

Silence...

"Eh?"

Kushida: 'Game... over.'

Her voice was so low that it didn't sound at all like Kushida.

Miyamoto: Is that... Kushida-chan...?

Hondou: That... can't be her, right...?

Ryueen: No, that's her twin, Kushiting.

"She's seriously annoying! God, how irritating. It'd be better if she just died..."

Arisu: Fufufufu. As I thought, she's the devil masking as an angel.

Fuka: So, it looks like she was trying to get Ayanokouji himself to change the video with that act of hers so no one can see this...

Ryueen: Got to admit, I've never seen a more spectacular failure in my life.

Sotomura: What an unexpected plot twist.

Hirata: What happened to get you so worked up, Kushida-san?

She grumbled to herself, as if chanting the words to some kind of spell or curse.

Miyamoto: I can't believe this...

"Ugh, I hate stuck-up, snobby girls who think they're so cute. Why is she such a harpy? A rotten girl like her couldn't possibly tutor me."

Was Kushida annoyed with... Horikita?

Horikita: So, you hate me that much, huh?

Sudou: But, why? What happened between you guys?

"Ah, she's the worst! She's just the worst, the worst, the worst! Horikita, you're so annoying! You're so damn annoying!"

Kamuro: So, she was angry because of how the study session went?

Arisu: I think that that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Nishino: Yeah, wishing death upon someone because they're annoying seems slightly overboard.

Himeno: Yeah, slightly.

Sudou: Shut up! Stop talking about Suzune like that!

Horikita: Calm down, Sudou-kun.

Sudou: How can I keep calm when she's bad mouthing you like that?

Ayanokouji: You better do something to calm him down, Horikita. Or he'll use Kushida like a basketball and dunk her ass on the hoop.

Silence...

The tense atmosphere that was present before due to the unexpected reveal lightened up as loud and audible snickers could be heard within the theatre.

Horikita: That is not helping, Ayanokouji-kun.

Ayanokouji: I'm trying my best here.

Horikita: Anyways, it's ok, Sudou-kun. I honestly don't mind. I've known this side of hers for a while.

Sudou: ...Seriously?

I felt like I'd glimpsed another side of this gentle girl, the most popular person in our class. She probably didn't want anyone else to see this darker side.

A voice in my head whispered that it was dangerous to stay here.

Ike: Then, move! What are you still doing standing there!?

Ayanokouji: I mean, things are bound to get interesting if I stay, right?

However, an odd question arose. Why had she agreed to work with me if she felt such hatred toward Horikita?

Akito: You seriously trying to analyse the situation at that moment?

Ayanokouji: It's the perfect time to do that.

Kushida should have understood Horikita's personality and behavior perfectly well by now.

She could have refused to help, or just left the study group to Horikita, or otherwise washed her hands of involvement.

Why force herself into the study group? Did she want to get along with Horikita? Or did she want to become closer to another participant?

Sudou: Yeah, what's the bloody point of joining if you hate her that much?

Katsuragi: She must have some ulterior motive.

Ryueen: No shit, Sherlock. You lost your brains when you lost your hair or something?

Kanzaki: Are you seriously targeting his sickness?

Ryueen: I'll target your mama if that's what I want.

Ichinose: Calm down, Kanzaki-kun! He's just provoking you out of boredom.

Kanzaki: ...Fine... You're right. There's no reasoning with this guy.

None of it made sense. I couldn't explain her reasoning.

Haruka: Get out of there already, Kiyopon! Don't make mommy worry even more!

Amikura: How in the world does he think in that situation?

No. She may have shown signs of this from the very beginning. I hadn't really thought about it before, but considering the state she was in right now, I had a hunch.

Perhaps, Kushida and Horikita were...

Horikita: So, you figured that out as well?

Sudou: Figured what?

Horikita: It's nothing you need to concern yourself about.

Ryueen: Wait, I can guess here. Kushida and Horikita are gay for each other.

Horikita: What!? No! Not even close! Where'd you get the idea from!

Ayanokouji: Honestly, I sometimes think that as well.

Horikita: Huh!?

Ryueen: See?

Horikita: How did you come to that conclusion!?

Ayanokouji: I mean, you guys have always had a weird obsession with each other. I thought it'd spark into something more.

Horikita: No! Not even close!

Satou: That's not possible. Horikita-san can't be gay for Kushida-san, since she's already in love with Ayanokouji-kun!

Horikita: Exact- Wait, no!

Sudou: What!?

Manabu: So, you really are in love with him already. Good start. I would like progress reports every month.

Horikita: N-No, nii-san! I don't-

Nene: Horikita-san, whatever it is, I hope you won't stab me with a compass when Ayanokouji-kun is sleeping with me since I'm going to be marrying him as well.

Horikita: I don't care, since I'm-

Himeno: If you want him, you should be willing to share, as well. A lot of compromise is required.

Ichinose: So many people... I should've acted faster... I should've taken action since Year 1...

Hiyori: No matter how many wives he has, I hope Ayanokouji-kun can still make time to read with me.

Hashimoto: Horikita-san, invite me to the wedding, please. I want free food.

Horikita: What wed-

Ayanokouji: Free food? Will there be ice-cream? If so, invite me as well.

Ishizaki: The hell are you talking about, Ayanokouji? You're literally the groom.

Ayanokouji: Wait, what? I didn't agree to that. I thought it was just about Horikita's wedding in general.

Ryueen: Whoever is the groom, I'm definitely crashing Suzune's wedding.

Horikita: If I'm getting married, you will not-

Ayanokouji: If you're going to crash her wedding, I suggest you find a tank or a helicopter.

Ryueen: Helicopter should be little to no problem, but where the fuck am I supposed to get a tank?

Ayanokouji: The military?

Ryueen: So, let me get this straight. You want me to steal a tank from the military base, which would most definitely be under high-level security, probably with a shoot-on-sight order when we enter the tank, just to crash Suzune's wedding?

Ayanokouji: Yes.

Ryueen: As expected of you... You're a fucking genius! I love that idea! I can see the vision!

Ishizaki: Wait, I want to steal the tank as well!

Hashimoto: That seems like fun. I want to join too.

Albert: Boss, I can be the driver.

Ryueen: No, no. I want to drive the tank first. You can take over when I'm tired. I'm going to run over so many people and buildings that we get classified as an Avengers level threat.

Ayanokouji: Ryueen, I'm booking the role to shoot the guns and canons and stuff.

Ryueen: Yeah, yeah, whatever.

Hashimoto: So, we crash Horikita-san's wedding using the tank that we steal from the military?

Ayanokouji: If you want to make things more fun, we could steal a mortar and fill it up with ice-cream, then fire it into the venue while Horikita's walking up the aisle.

Hashimoto: That's genius! I love it! You really are something else, Ayanokouji. Your creativity-

Horikita: Enough!

Silence...

Staaaaaaarrrrrrreeeeee....

Horikita: Firstly, why did the topic change to my wedding!? Secondly, why are you guys going to crash my wedding!? I'm not inviting any of you! Thirdly, why are you guys going to be crashing my wedding with a tank!?

Ayanokouji: One: I don't know. Two: Because it's fun. Three: Tanks go boom, boom.

Ryueen: Yeah, tanks go boom, boom, so it's fun.

Hashimoto: We're also filling up a mortar with ice cream, so don't worry, it won't be that dull.

Ryu: Alright, alright. This went in the direction I least expected. Let's get back on track.

At any rate, I needed to get away from there. Kushida probably didn't want anyone else to hear her diatribe.

Nene: Finally! Get away quickly, Ayanokouji-kun!

Still hiding, I quickly tried to leave.

Thump!

Nene: ...Seriously?

Ryueen: Kukuku! You fucking moron!

I'd kicked the door much louder than I'd anticipated. It'd been unexpectedly loud, really.

Haruka: Damn it! I should've been there to protect my son!

Satou: No, Ayanokouji-kun is strong! Kushida-san should be the one worried.

Kanzaki: You think he will put himself at a disadvantage by hitting a woman?

Satou: Hmm... Ayanokouji-kun is a gentleman, so... hais... I don't think so.

Kushida tensed and stopped breathing. I'd instantly become her enemy. Turning, Kushida set her sights on me. I'd been seen.

After a brief silence, Kushida coldly asked, "What...are you...doing here?"

Ike: ...She looks scary now...

Miyamoto: What happened to the sweet Kushida-chan I've always known...?

Ryueen: She was busy sucking everyone.

Horikita: Please don't word it like that.

"I got a little lost. Sorry. My bad, my bad. I'll be going now."

Matsushita: Amazing deception. She would definitely let you off the hook now... Not!

Ryueen began some slow claps.

Ryueen: With acting like that, how have you not won an Oscar?

Kushida looked straight at me, clearly seeing through my obvious lie.

I'd never seen such an intense gaze before.

Satou: Why does that sound a little... sarcastic?

Asahina: So, I'm not the only one who thought that?

"Did you hear?" she asked.

"Would you believe me if I said I didn't?" I replied.

Akito: I don't know man... I don't think she will.

Ayanokouji: Wow. How did you know she didn't believe me?

Akito: Just a hunch.

Ayanokouji: Amazing...

"I see..."

Kushida briskly walked down the stairs. She placed her left forearm against the base of my throat, and pushed me up against the wall.

Haruka: This bitch! How dare you put your hands on my son!

Ichinose: You should not do that to Ayanokouji-kun! He's never done anything wrong to you!

Hirata: Kushida-san, this is taking things too far. You should never hurt your fellow classmates.

Amasawa: 'Hmm... Just because of this newfound discovery, we should go for round two. This time, though, I'm going to get my fatality finisher thing! I can shave her head and steal all her clothes and underwear. Hehehe~! The shame she would feel!'

Satou: NOOOOO!

"The hell is wrong with you?"

Satou: I didn't expect her to do something like this! Ayanokouji-kun's in danger!

Nene: Did you not realise that after seeing this?

Satou: No, not that kind of danger!

Onodera: Then, what danger are you talking about?

Satou: Kushida-san... Kushida-san is about to rape Ayanokouji-kun!

"Huh!?"

Ayanokouji: 'When did that happen?"

Horikita: How did you even get to that conclusion?

Satou: See!? She's doing the wall slam thing! Though different and more scary, she is clearly trying to make him submit! Kushida-chan really is in love with Ayanokouji-kun and raped him!

Nene: Satou-chan, you're overthinking here. There's no way Kushida-san will do that.

Satou: We all never thought that Kushida-san would turn out to be this type of person either, right!?

Haruka: I know my son is ridiculously handsome, but I think your theory is a bit far-fetched.

Satou: F-Fine! We'll see who's right!

Her tone of voice, her actions, everything about her was completely unlike the Kushida I knew.

This new Kushida wore a terrifying expression, one that I could almost compare to Horikita's.

Horikita: What?

Horikita turned and eyed Ayanokouji with a rather intense gaze.

Ayanokouji: Hmm? What is it?

Horikita: Do you have a problem with me, Ayanokouji-kun? First, calling me a devil, now comparing me to Kushida-san.

Ayanokouji: You must've misheard me. I said 'one that could never compare to Horikita's sweet and beautiful profile.'

Horikita: W-What!? You better mean that...!

Ayanokouji: Mhm...

Kei: 'Kiyotaka! Don't flirt with her in front of me!'

"If you tell anyone what you just heard, I won't forgive you."

Amasawa: 'Hmph! As if your forgiveness means anything to him.'

Her words were ice, and I didn't think they were an idle threat.

"And if I did tell?"

"In that case, I would tell everyone that you raped me," she said.

"WHAT!?"

Satou: Look, look! I was right! She's definitely going to rape Ayanokouji-kun to keep him quiet, then threaten him by saying Ayanokouji-kun was the one that raped her! Then, once she's threatened him with that, she will tie him up in her room!

Horikita: I think you've watched way too many movies.

Hiyori: You should apologise to Ayanokouji-kun, Kushida-san. That's such a bad thing to accuse him of.

Ichinose: Yeah. He would never go around telling people about this if you just asked him not to.

Hirata: Are you ok, Kiyotaka-kun?

Ayanokouji: I'm fine, I guess...

Hirata: I see. That's great. If you need my help, please don't hesitate to ask me for it.

Ayanokouji: Thanks, Yousuke.

"That's a false charge, you know."

Haruka: That's true. Well, I guess Kiyopon is going to be just fine.

"That's okay. It wouldn't be false."

Haruka: Huh? How is that possible? He never moved an inch to even touch you.

Arisu: It's because Kushida-san has a certain advantage in this situation.

Keisei: What advantage?

Arisu: The advantage of being a woman.

Keisei: Hard to argue with that logic.

Her words had heft and power, leaving me unable to reply. As she spoke, Kushida grabbed my right wrist and slowly opened my hand. She pushed my palm up against her soft breast.

"Damn!"

Hondou: I can't tell if you're lucky or not...

Ike: How did it feel, Ayanokouji!? The softness, the texture!?

Smack!

Shinohara: Shut up, you damn perv!

Keisei: This situation is anything but lucky.

Satou: I knew it! Kushida-san really is in love with Ayanokouji-kun!

Kushida: I'm not in love with him for fucks sake!

Silence...

Ryueen: So, guess she's finally talking now.

Satou: No! You definitely are! No woman would let just anyone touch their breasts, much less force the guy to touch them!

Nene: Satou-chan, I think she did that to frame him for rape...

Satou: That's an excuse! Would she let Ike or Hondou or Miyamoto do it?

"Oi! What's wrong with us!?"

Nene: I don't know, would you, Kushida-san?

Kushida: Just shut the fuck up.

Satou: See!? I knew it! Detective Maya is right!

Kei: 'How dare she threaten my Kiyotaka! Now, I feel great about the time I splashed water on her.'

Asahina: I never expected her to be someone like this.

Fuka: But, the determination this girl has really is worthy of praise. I would never let just any guy or even girls touch my body.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Satou: She wants you to remember the sensation of her breasts so you won't be charmed by the breasts of other women!

Horikita: If you were the detective in charge of my case, I would just surrender myself to fate.

Onodera: The only cases she would take are probably sex crimes.

Hashimoto: But, what a chad this guy is. He's literally holding one of the most sought after bazoongas but he still has that blank expression on his face. No wonder he was the chosen one to acquire the gift of the mighty T-Rex.

The boys who were there and understood the reference could be heard laughing loudly, irritating the others who had no idea.

I hurriedly tried to pull away, but she pushed on the back of my hand.

Satou: Look! She's so insistent! I can't be wrong!

Kushida: What the fuck goes through your fucking brain? Can't you see what the fuck is happening here?

Satou: Hmph! I can see what your heart desires, Kushida-san! You want Ayanokouji-kun to feel you up!

Kushida: For the last time, that's not what fucking happened!

Satou: You can't convince me otherwise.

Kei: She's dead set on this theory of hers, huh?

"Your fingerprints are on my clothes. That's evidence of my claim. I'm being serious. Understand?"

Kushida: Now do you understand?

Satou: Yeah. You're going to blackmail him. Then, once Ayanokouji-kun's trapped, you're going to rape him because you love him because he's too good looking.

Kushida: I give up. Something's not right with you. How the fuck do you get those theories is beyond me.

Satou: Don't worry, Ayanokouji-kun! The truth is out now! I will save you! You don't have to keep letting her use you!

Ayanokouji: Huh? Look, Satou. She didn't try to rape me or anything. She was threatening me. She didn't want me telling others about this side of hers.

Satou: Eh!? Really!?

Ayanokouji: Mhm.

Satou: O-Oh, I guess my theories were slightly off. Hehehe...

Nishino: Yeah, slightly.

"I understand. I really do. So let go of my hand."

Satou: Wait, maybe she really is in love with him, after all.

Kushida: I thought we made it clear that I'm not!

Satou: Then, why do you so badly want him to feel you up?

Kushida: You're stupider than I thought.

"I'm going to leave this uniform in my room without washing it. If you betray me, I'll hand it over to the police."

Fuka: Hmm... I highly doubt Ayanokouji hasn't taken any countermeasures until now. Besides, I doubt he's that worried about it, since all he has to do is wait it out for a while.

Asahina: What do you mean? His prints are on her clothes, aren't they?

Fuka: How long do you think those prints will remain?

Asahina: ... Oh, yeah.

Fuka: My kouhai would've definitely taken that into account. I doubt he'd let himself get taken out like this. Besides, he's still here, isn't he? He must've done something about it already.

I glared at Kushida for a while as she kept my hand pressed against her.

"It's a promise," she said.

Kushida stepped away from me. Even though this was the first time I had felt a girl's breasts, I found I couldn't remember the sensation.

Fuka: Don't worry, Ayanokouji. I have a pair of them just for you right here. Take as long as you want to etch that feeling into your memory.

Kei: 'Hmph! I have a pair too!'

"Hey, Kushida. Which is the real you?"

Kanzaki: That's the mystery now, isn't it? If this is the real her, then who or what is her other personality.

Ichika: Or, or! She's just a two-faced bitch! I always knew she was a piece of shit!

Ayanokouji: 'Looks like she's started talking...'

"That's none of your business."

"I see. Well, I was wondering something. If you hate Horikita, then you don't need to involve yourself with her, right?"

I knew she probably wouldn't like that question, but I was curious about her motivation.

"Is it bad to want everyone to like you? Do you understand how difficult it is to accomplish that? You can't know, can you?" she asked.

"Huh?"

Hashimoto: Hmm... so, attention is what she wants. No, not just attention, she wants everyone to look at her in a positive light.

Keisei: Just to get everyone to like you, you decided to put on a facade like this? Is it that important to you?

Kushida: None of your business.

Tsubaki: This is going to be such a long time for her, watching these videos I mean, now that her true self has been revealed.

Kushida: Shut up. You guys are fucking annoying.

Matsushita: It's going to take some getting used to, seeing Kushida-san act like this.

"Well, I don't have that many friends, so I guess not."

Akito: Now, you're the most popular guy in the school.

Ichika: And, Kushida-senpai is the most popular girl in the school. Though, for the wrong reasons. 'Teehee~!'

Ever since the first day of school, Kushida had made an effort to exchange contact information with, invite out, and, of course, talk with the pessimistic Horikita.

One could easily imagine how difficult and time-consuming that would be.

Katsuragi: Yet, you do it anyway.

"At least on the surface, I wanted to appear to get along with Horikita."

"But the stress of that just kept building, huh?"

"Yeah. That's what I want out of life, though. That way, my existence has meaning." She answered without hesitation.

Kushida had a singular way of thinking. Her own internal rules demanded she get close to Horikita.

Ichika: Mhm. And, my own internal rules demand I consider Kushida-senpai an ugly bitch. No, fugly is the correct term. Maybe hideous? Grotesque? Woah, there's way too many vile words to describe her with! I can't choose just one!

Snickers could be heard within the theatre. Kushida merely ignored them.

"Let me tell you something, while I have the chance. I absolutely despise gloomy, ordinary guys like you."

Ichika: Bitch, bitch, bitch! How dare you insult my beloved senpai!

Tsubaki: If he was ordinary, a goddess wouldn't have fallen for him.

Nanase: Mhm. Ayanokouji-senpai is not gloomy, either. He's a very nice senpai.

Haruka: Kiyopon is not gloomy! And he's most definitely not ordinary! He's my son and he's very special!

Fuka: I would never fall for ordinary guys. So, there's absolutely no chance he's ordinary.

Kushida: Yeah, well, I'm sorry I was ignoring him like all of you guys because he was hiding his talents. Yeah, sorry I couldn't see into the future to find out how talented he is.

Silence...

Ryueen: Yeah, she has a point.

Satou: So NOW you're in love with Ayanokouji-kun!

Kushida: Stop with that fucking theory! It makes no fucking sense and it came out of nowhere!

The fantasy of a cute Kushida that I'd carried until now had been shattered, but I wasn't actually that shocked.

Most people possessed both a public face and a private, inner self, after all. However, I felt like Kushida was both telling the truth and lying right now.

Ichinose: 'Telling the truth and lying'?

Kanzaki: It's true that everyone has a public and private self, but seeing Kushida-san like this is really unexpected.

Mei-Yu: Y-Yeah. She's the complete opposite of herself. I didn't expect her private self to be like this...

The ones that were most affected by this are definitely Class D and Kushida's friend group. Who knows if they can remain as friends after this...

"I'm just speculating, but did you and Horikita know each other before this year? Maybe you both attended the same school in the past?" The instant I said it, Kushida shuddered in response.

"Say, what now?"

Keisei: Is that true?

Horikita: Well, there is no point in hiding it any longer. Yes, Kushida-san and I attended the same middle school.

"What the... I don't know what you mean. Did Horikita-san say something about me?" she snapped.

"No, I had the impression that this was the first time you'd met. But something seemed strange."

"Strange?"

Shinohara: What's strange?

I recalled the first time Kushida had spoken to me.

"You learned my name only when I first introduced myself, right?"

"So what?" Kushida responded flatly.

"Isn't that obvious?"

Arisu: There are other ways to find out someone's name, you know.

"Well, where did you learn Horikita's name? Back then, she hadn't introduced herself to anyone yet. The only person who knew was Sudou, but I doubt you'd met him by then."

Kanzaki: Good observation there. And to process it that quickly.

Ayanokouji: It's just simple deduction. Anyone who paid a little attention could do it.

Kanzaki: I doubt that.

Tsubaki: You really are observant, aren't you, Ayanokouji-senpai?

Katsuragi: How did you even remember this interaction?

Ayanokouji: I just remembered it.

Satou: Ahh, Ayanokouji-kun... so smart...

Satou muttered as she stared straight at Ayanokouji with a dazed look.

Silence...

Not just Ayanokouji, but the others got a little surprised as well by the unexpected way she talked before.

Satou, realising why it got so quiet, tried her best to deflect the attention away from her.

Satou: Like, amazing observation! So smart! Hehe...

Ryu: Yeah, real smart, Satou. Real smart.

In other words, Kushida wouldn't have had the chance to learn Horikita's name.

"You got close to me so you could spy on her, right?"

Sudou: But, why does Kushida want to spy on Suzune?

Ryueen: Like I said, they are gay for each other.

"No, we're not!" Kushida and Horikita quickly denied it.

"Just shut up. Hearing you talk irritates me, Ayanokouji-kun. I only want to know one thing. Do you swear you'll never tell anyone what you learned here today?"

Satou: Don't worry, Ayanokouji-kun, you could talk for eternity and I would never feel irritated.

Nene: Yeah, don't listen to her. She doesn't know what she's doing.

Amikura: Kushida-san should've made Ayanokouji-kun pinky promise.

Kushida: You seriously think that would work?

"I swear. Even if I did, it's not like anyone would believe me. Right?"

Hirata: I feel like I would at least try to investigate further if you had told me, Kiyotaka-kun.

Horikita: Let's be real, at that time none of you would've believed him.

Nene: I hate to agree, but yeah. I wouldn't have believed you unless you showed me evidence.

Ichinose: If you had told me a while after we've known each other, I think I would've at least given you the benefit of the doubt, though it would certainly be difficult to believe you, unfortunately.

Horikita: The only person who would believe Ayanokouji-kun at that time is me.

Satou: Eh~? What's this~? Horikita-san's trying to score points~?

Horikita: I don't know what you're talking about.

The entire class trusted and loved Kushida. The difference between us was like night and day.

Ryueen: Yeah, you have a dick. She does not.

Katsuragi: I don't think that's what he meant, Ryueen.

"Okay. I believe you, Ayanokouji-kun."

Hashimoto: She believed him quicker than I thought.

Kushida closed her eyes and slowly exhaled.

Ichika: Then she'll huff and she'll puff, and she'll blow, blow, blow!

Silence...

Nanase: Three little pigs?

Ichika: No, this time there's only one. And this time, the pig is the one doing the blowing.

Fuka: Do you understand what that sounds like?

"Horikita-san is rather unusual, isn't she?"

"Yes, I'd say she's really unusual."

Horikita: What about me is unusual?

Ayanokouji: A lot of it.

Horikita: Well, there's certainly a lot of unusual things about you as well, Ayanokouji-kun.

Ayanokouji: I don't deny that.

"Other people don't influence her, or rather, she keeps her distance from everyone else. She's the complete opposite of me."

Kushida and Horikita really were polar opposites.

"You know, Ayanokouji-kun, you're the only one that Horikita-san opens up to."

Satou: Eh~? What's this~?

Horikita: It's because he was the only person I was on talking terms with.

Satou: 'Talking' hmm? I see, I see...

Horikita: Don't think of it as something else. Besides, I don't even open up to him that much.

Satou: Don't worry, don't worry~ I'm definitely not thinking about anything else...

Nene: But, she's not wrong. Most of the class used to think that they were going out.

Horikita: We were not.

Manabu: So, you had an opportunity like that and you wasted it?

Horikita: S-Sorry, nii-san...

Amikura: Are you sorry because you didn't get to date Ayanokouji-kun for real?

Horikita: No.

Haruka: Then, what are you 'sorry' for exactly?

Horikita: It's none of your business.

"Wait a minute. She doesn't open up to me. Absolutely not."

Horikita: I thought I opened up plenty to you...

Ayanokouji: You thought wrong.

"Even so, she seems to trust you more than anyone else. Out of all the people I've ever met, Horikita seems the most wary of others and yet also the most self-confident. She certainly wouldn't trust anyone worthless, even if they were unbelievably kind."

Ryueen: So, there were hints since the beginning that the bastard wasn't normal...

"So, you think she has good instincts for people?"

"That's why I said I believed you. Ayanokouji-kun, you're fundamentally indifferent to other people, aren't you?"

Hirata: I don't think so. Kiyotaka-kun is a really kind person.

Ayanokouji: Thanks, Yousuke.

I didn't remember doing anything that would make her think so, but Kushida seemed confident in her assessment.

"It's not an out-of-place judgment. Back on the bus, you didn't show any interest in giving up your seat to the elderly woman."

Ah, so that's what she was talking about. She'd picked up on what was happening that first day. She had understood that I'd no intention of giving up my seat.

"Huh?"

Ayanokouji: We were on the same bus heading to school.

Ichinose: You really should offer your seat if an elderly woman needs it...

Ayanokouji: Yeah, Horikita. You really should offer your seat if an elderly woman needs it.

Horikita: Don't rope me into this. You didn't offer yours, either.

Ayanokouji: No, don't change topic. We're talking about you right now, sis.

Ryueen: Yeah, we're talking about you right now, Suzune. Offer your seat to that old hag.

Manabu: That's not a good sign, Suzune. He considers you more as a sister than a potential lover.

Horikita: ...

Manabu: Change that status as soon as possible.

Horikita: I'll try...

Sudead.

"If you believe I'm telling the truth, then you won't spread pointless rumors," I said.

"If you were really so confident, you wouldn't have felt up my breasts."

Satou: Hmph! He didn't do that. You forced him to! And, you probably liked it, huh!?

Kushida: Yeah. Sad for all of you guys, huh? He's never touched any of yours.

Nene: Oi! Watch it!

Kushida: You jealous he's touched my breast before you guys?

Onodera: Don't test my patience.

Kushida: It felt soo nice, you know? His big, strong, muscular arms just grabbing it. I wish that moment could've lasted forever.

"SHUT UP!"

"Well, that's... I was really flustered. I panicked for a second."

Ryueen: Lying again.

Her stern expression melted into one of impatience.

"So, Kushida, would I be right to think of you as the kind of girl who lets guys touch her breasts?"

"Hahahahahaha!" Laughter spread within the theatre.

Hondou: She is!?

Kushida: I'm not!

Satou: Yeah, she would only let Ayanokouji-kun touch it!

Kushida: No! Ugh! You guys are fucking stupid.

She kicked my thigh as hard she could. Panicking, I grabbed the railing.

Nene: Oi! How dare you kick him!

Ibuki: 'Tch... he let her kick him...'

"Hey, watch it! I could've fallen and gotten seriously hurt!"

Ibuki: Kiss my ass 'seriously hurt'.

Ryueen: You'd like that, won't you?

"I kicked you because you said something stupid!" Kushida snapped, her face flushed from anger.

Asahina: It's not a bad assumption considering what you did.

"Hey, wait a minute."

She still looked furious. Kushida tromped back up the stairs, grabbed her bag, then returned wearing a huge grin.

"The hell...?"

"Let's head back together," she said brightly.

Tsubaki: She bipolar or something?

Ichika: Now, she bi-herself.

"Oh. Sure."

Haruka: Why would you agree to that after what she did?

Ayanokouji: I don't know. I was heading back anyway, so I might as well go with her.

Akito: Logic... walk home with your newfound enemy.

Her attitude had drastically changed, like something out of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. It was so drastic that I wondered whether I'd had a bad dream. She was her usual sunny self once more. I couldn't tell which Kushida was the real one.

Ryu: And, that's the end of this video.

Horikita: So, that's how you became her enemy, Ayanokouji-kun.

Mei-Yu: I... can't believe Kikyou-chan was like that...

Nene: I don't know if I can continue being friends with you after seeing that...

Sudou: Ayanokouji, is she still blackmailing you with that shit?

Ayanokouji: It's all sorted now.

Hiyori: But, you're alright now, aren't you, Ayanokouji-kun.

Ayanokouji: Yeah, I'm fine now.

Ichinose: Ayanokouji-kun, if you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask me for it. I'll gladly help you out.

Ayanokouji: Thanks, Ichinose.

Ichika: Hehehe~ Kushida-senpai's been exposed! I wonder what's going to happen now...?

Kushida: Just, shut the fuck up. All of you guys are fucking annoying. Ironically, the only people who's able to accept me for myself is Ayanokouji and Horikita.

Ayanokouji: Well, I never really cared. I always thought that everyone has a side of themselves that they do not want to show to others.

Horikita: I don't care about it. The only thing that does bother me is when it affects my goals.

Kushida: So, the people I've made enemies with are the only few people who'll accept me for who I am...

Nishino: Ironic, isn't it?

Kushida: Ayanokouji-kun.

Ayanokouji: What?

Kushida: Even after all I've done to you, do you really not hate me?

Ayanokouji: No.

Kushida: Wow... most, if not everyone will almost certainly hate and distance themselves from me after finding this out.

Ayanokouji: Like I said, I don't really care.

Kushida: Maybe we really can get along, huh?

Ayanokouji: Maybe.

Ichika: Well, too bad! You blew it by being a bitch, bitch! Senpai shouldn't waste his precious time on someone filthy like you! He's way too good for you.

The screen began changing...

Fuka: Alright, another one's about to start.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 200 6
One-Shot Book (Mainly dabbles in crossovers) Been around the COTE community for a year or two, reading and lurking within the shadows, and now, I hav...
54.8K 1K 10
the students of anhs will react to kiyotaka ayanokoji (timeline: just after the island exam)
660K 12.7K 66
I've always wanted to COTE fanfiction myself and I have some stories to write but I have zero writing experience, so that is why I'm starting this re...
427K 13.8K 71
This is my first fic and I've no plans to update it any sooner. And believe me, even I cringe at some parts. This is a fanfiction set in the COTE uni...