Enchantress

By Ginnyzyn

Enchantress Book Series-1 ••• ♡ ••• Jennifer Andez is a simple beautiful college going girl. Her life was bea... More

••• Author's Note •••
Prologue
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter-34
Chapter - 35
Chapter-36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 43
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Epilogue
Announcement

Chapter - 28

160 10 6
By Ginnyzyn

Jenifer Andez's POV:

I have no idea why my dad called me this morning and urged me to take a flight immediately. Usually, I will meet my parents once in a year during my summer vacation. He booked me a flight and Daniel dropped me at airport. As I reached Rome, I saw my dad waiting in the airport and I couldn't wait anymore to hug him. So, I ran towards him and hugged him with all my life.

"Dad! I missed you so much". I chirped happily.

He hugged me back and kissed me on my head. "Welcome back, baby girl! I too missed my one and only daughter!". He smiled at me breaking the hug.

Happily I rubbed his tummy and laughed. "Oh my God, Mr. Liam Andez, you gained a lot of weight. Look at your tummy!". I teased him.

Swatting my hands away, he frowned. "Stop saying things like that in public. There are beautiful girls here and you can't insult me infront of them". He sulked and I couldn't help but smile.

"Are you trying to cheat on, momma?". I raised my eyebrows at him to threaten him.

He winked and whispered in my ears. "Why not? I mean, if I get a chance, then why not?".

"DAD! I will tell mom!". I yelled and pushed him away.

He laughed and cupped my face. "Baby, you know me. I will never do that to Athena. I love your mother more than words could ever explain". He confessed honestly and I know how much my mom means to him. I have never seen a perfect couples other than my parents.

"You better not!". I sulked and smiled in tiny.

"If my sulking baby is ready to go home to meet her mother, Shall we?". He asked me gently and I happily nodded my head.

"Dad, is everything alright? You will never let me skip my classes unnecessarily. Then why now?". I asked him as he opened the car door for me.

"Sit inside, baby girl. I'll explain everything when we reach home!". He told me and I nodded in confusion.

Throughout the ride, he remained silent and this silence felt scary and uncomfortable. My dad never used to be silent when am around him. It was my mom's decision to send me to a boarding school when I was five because they both were too busy to take care of me. Still my dad wasn't happy with the idea of sending his only daughter away from him at the age of five. But he had no other go. My parents were working in different countries and they couldn't spare time for me. My dad will always try to find time for me to meet me once in every three month without my mother's knowledge. I still remember, he used to fly back to Rome from LA to meet me at my school with lots of toys and candis for I, Stacy and Emily.

"Home sweet home!". He beamed as he stopped the car infront of our home and brought me back to the present.

"Good to be back!". I chirped and jumped out of the car to see my mother.

I opened the front door with a thud sound and saw my mother dropping the flour bowl on the floor because of the sudden loud noise I caused. I bit my lips because I know now I am gonna receive a hear full from my mom.

"For heaven sake, grow up Jenni! See what mess you've caused!". She yelled at me and pointed her fingers at the flour that had spilled allover our kitchen.

"Umm... Sorry, mamma! I didn't mean to startled you. It's just that I was too excited to see you". I told her gently and took tiny steps towards her.

She glared at me and closed her eyes for a moment. Before she could open her eyes and yell at me again, I ran towards her and engulfed her into a tight hug. "I missed you, mamma!". I confessed honestly.

She sighed and pulled away from me. I looked at her face and she removed some of my hair strands off of my face. "How was your trip?". She asked me sternly and a smile tugged on my lips because I know she missed me too. But I wonder why she never behaves soft with me.

"It was all good. I have grown up and I can travel alone. You don't have to be worried about me, mamma!". I assured her and she raised her eyebrows at me.

Shit! Did I said anything wrong?

"What do you mean by I shouldn't be worried about you? I am your mother, Miss. Andez!". She scolded me angrily and I gulped in fear.

I think I touched her wrong nerve.

Before I could defend myself, my favourite man in this world, my father came for my rescue. "Oh calm down, Mrs. Andez! She just came home and you already started scolding her!". My dad teased her.

"Shut up, Liam! You are the one who is spoiling her". She scolded him and I suppressed my laughter. They are like this. My poor Dad always used to defend me and will receive all the scolding that was supposed to be aimed at me.

"Athena, she is twenty one! Stop treating her as if she is five or six". My dad shook his head and sat on the island of our kitchen.

"She might be twenty one but still she is my daughter and you, don't you dare come inbetween me and my daughter". She yelled at him and my dad touched his heart.

"You hurt me, love! What do you mean by she is your daughter? We both are her parents and you are talking as if you gave birth to her without my part in this!". He teased her and I averted my eyes from him.

He is always like this. He always loves to make my mom more angry!

My mom threw a table spoon at him angrily. "Liam, you are a bad influence to our daughter". She yelled at him and I laughed silently.

"Still, you love me!". He mocked her and she went silent. They both were looking at each other and I could see a happy smile on my father's face and a small blush on my mamma's cheeks. This is what I love about them. No matter how much they fight, they will always end up together.

I also wanna live my life like them with my Daniel!

I cleared my throat and brought their attention to me. My mom wiped her hands on her apron nervously and my dad smiled at her. "Baby girl, go freshen up and come. Let's have breakfast together!". My dad Informed me.

"Yeah, dad". I gave a nod and ran upstairs to my room.

As I reached my room, I closed the door and scanned my room. There is nothing changed inside my room. Everything is kept at the same place as I left it. During my highschool days, yearly once I will meet my parents and stay with them. As Emily don't have parents to go to, I used to bring her home with me. This is the room where we have spend our summer holidays. With a heavy heart, I walked inside the room and sat on my bed. My eyes fell on a picture that's resting silently on the side table. This picture was taken six years back from today. I took the photo frame in my hand and caressed my thumb on the picture gently. A unknown smile formed on my lips followed by a multiple tear drops. It was a picture that was taken on my prom night and we trio stood together in the photo and laughing our heart out.

"I still remember this day, Em!". I muttered to myself with a smile. "I remember how hard you tried to match me with a senior guy from our school but I ended up calling him my brother". I spoke to the faces in the photo frame and wiped my tears. "I also remember a guy stepping on your dress mistakenly and Stacy pushed him into the pool as a punishment for ruining your dress. She always have been so protective and possessive on you, Emily". I muttered again and smiled with tears. I buried the frame tightly into my chest and hugged it tightly. "In the end, only memories remains". I spoke the truth to myself and laid on the bed, closing my eyes with still hugging the photo frame. Suddenly, someone barged inside my room.

When I got up and sat on the bed, I saw my dad walking inside my room with a cup of coffee in his hands. I placed the photo back on the side table and wiped my tears. He sat beside me and kept the coffee mug on the table beside the photo frame. He circled his one hand around my shoulders and pulled me into him. "I am here, my child! You can talk to me". He told me gently.

I lowered my head and smiled because I know my father is always there for me. "Dad!". I called him in a broken voice without looking at him.

"Yes, Jenni!". He said in a assuring tone as always.

I took a deep breath before I could say anything. "She was....she was too excited to start a new life, dad! She was broken but still she was happy with Ezme. After the loss of her parents, she once again believed that she has someone to call as her family when Ezme entered into her life. But, everything got ruined in a blink of an eye. Just like Emily lost her parents in an accident, now Ezme too lost her mother. I still can't believe that this horrible thing happened to Emily. She didn't deserve this, dad!". I cried and my dad pulled me into a comforting hug.

"You are right, baby girl! Our Emily didn't deserve this. It won't be fair if I  ask you to forget her and move on but still, as a father I have to ask you to do that. And don't worry about Ezme. When Emily's parents were gone, she was left alone in this big world. But Ezme has all of us. She has you and Stacy. I will love Ezme more than I ever loved anyone in this world". My dad assured me and I hugged him for my dear life.

"You... you...you are the best father one could ever get. Thanks, dad!". I confessed and wiped my nose on his shirt.

He gently pushed me away and frowned. "Ewww, Jenni! You are not a baby anymore to do this! Stop being nasty". He scolded me and faked a anger.

"But mom said I am still a baby! Remember?". I teased him and wiped my face on my sleeves.

He laughed and slammed his head. "I can't win against you in argument! Fine, drink your coffee and come downstairs for breakfast". He kissed my forehead and walked out of the room. I smiled because I know he always give up when we start arguing. Not that he can't win against me but he likes to see me winning against him everytime.

I drank my coffee and took a quick shower. Past shower, when I was doing my hair, I heard some noises from downstairs. I tied my hair into a bun and wore a simple white pyjama shirt and pants. I stormed out my room and when I was descending the staircase, I saw someone standing and talking to my parents. I skipped few steps hurriedly and reached the downstairs. My eyes went wide and I couldn't believe when I saw Damian sitting on the couch in the middle of our home. That someone who is talking to my dad is now starring at me. I took a step closer to my father and gripped his arms tightly. My mom stepped beside me and snaked her arms around my shoulders.

"What is happening here? Why Damian is here? How did he know my parents?". I muttered to myself.

"So, Damian, she is the girl right?". That person who is standing infront of us asked Damian sternly.

"Yes, dad! She is the one". He informed and I gulped.

Dad? Is he Damian's father? I remember once mom, Alison, said that Damian's father is a businessman and also a politician. So, he is the one who she warned me about?

His father took a step closer towards me but my dad stepped infront of me as my shield. "Mr. Massimo, we are not accepting this deal. It would be glad if you and your son will leave my home right now!". My dad said sternly.

Deal? What deal?

"C'mon, Mr. Liam! You are a business man and I know that your business is facing a lots of problems. So, you better accept my offer and save your company". He advised my dad and I stood there like a dump without understanding what they are talking about.

"My business is important to me but not more than my daughter. Anyway, thanks for your offer. You can leave now". My dad replied in a formal tone.

Before Massimo could say anything, Damian stood up from the couch and stormed towards my dad. "You better think before saying anything, you brainless old man! We are not requesting you. It's an order". He yelled at my father and I gritted my teeth.

"If you try to talk in that tone with my father again, I will break your other arm too. Wanna try?". I warned him and he glared at me. But my mom pulled me by my wrist and made me look at her.

"Shut up, Jenni! Your dad will take care of this. You go to your room!". She ordered me but I pulled my hands away from her hold.

"No, mom! I am not leaving you and Dad alone with them. They are not good people". I told her firmly and turned towards Damian's father. "You Mister, what do you want from my father? What deal were you talking about?". I asked him sternly yet confused.

"You little girl, lower your voice or else....". He tried to warn me but I cut him in the middle.

"Just, shut up and tell me why you are here! I don't have all day to listen to your bullshit". I yelled at him angrily.
His eyes went wide and I know the reason. He must have thought that I would be intimidated by his political powers and money. But less he knows that I would do anything to protect my parents and their dignity.

He gritted his teeth and looked into my angry eyes. "The deal is, you are marrying my son, Damian and I will invest in your father's company to double his profit". He said and I looked at him blankly.

For few minutes, I remained silent to process what he just blabbered. After regaining my senses, I took a step forward and raised my head to meet with his eyes. "Come again! I didn't get you". I told him by holding back the fire fuming inside me.

"My son wants to marry you. I don't know what he saw in you but he wants you madly". He blurted out shamelessly.

I laughed and clapped my hands. "Wow, that was such a great offer! You will double my father's profit just to rape his daughter with all the right reserved in the name of married, right?". I mocked him.

"You have no other choice. And no one will rape you because you will be his lawfully wedded wife". Massimo spoke and pointed his fingers at Damian.

"Marrying your son is like committing suicide. Your dear son is a rapist, Mr. Massimo knight. I will die than marrying him". I yelled at him angrily.

"I swear, Jen! You are mine to touch and feel. You better agree to this or else you will see your father's company drowning right infront of your eyes". Damian warned me.

"Talk to my daughter like that again and you will leave my home without teeth's in your dirty mouth". My dad yelled at him.

"Enough!". My mom screamed and looked at Massimo. "We are not interested in this offer Mr. Knight. You can leave, please!". She requested him and he glared at me.

"Damian, let's go! I know how to make them come to us by themselves". He said loudly and stromed out of our home.

Damien stepped near me and his eyes showed how much he is angry on me. "I know very well what's happening between you and Mr. Adams. He might've have you now, but one day I will take you away and will have you all to myself. This mysterious beauty of yours belongs to me and I will make you mine. Keep counting your days until I come and drag you with me". He whispered a warning and followed his father and disappeared from our eyes.

I released a breath that I didn't know I was holding. I was more than shocked when he said that he knows about me and Daniel. When I turned around I saw my mother glaring at me. "Care to explain? How comes a Senators son wants to marry you? How does he get to know you?". She asked me angrily.

"Athena, let's sit and talk". My dad tried to calm her.

"No, Liam! Don't take her side in this. I need an explanation right now". She screamed and her eyes digged holes inside my heart.

I cleared my throat and told her everything about Damian. Now my parents knows everything that have happened between I, Stacy and Damian from the party night till today. I fidgeted my fingers when my mom walked towards me and stood infront of me. "Why did you hide this much from your parents?". She questioned me firmly.

"Mom.... I didn't mean to...." I was trying to explain but a sudden sharp pain made me shut my mouth without my consent. I touched my cheeks where I just received a hard slap from my mother.

"I agreed to send you to Milan only for your studies. Not for you to go and party around with guys. How much have you spoiled, Jenni?". She accused me and I lowered my head in shame.

"For hell sake Athena! You are hurting her". My dad scolded her and pulled me into a hug. I buried my face into his chest and cried.

"Imagine someone else hurting her other than me, Liam? What if it was our daughter who he tried to rape that night? What if something have happened at that night he hit her by the car? We might have lost our daughter". She yelled but I could sense pain in her voice. More than the slap, it hurts to see that I have broke her trust and made her sad.

"I am sorr....". I tried to apologise without breaking my father's hug.

"Don't you dare!". She yelled and I gulped my words.

"Enough, Athena! Going to party's in college life is a normal thing to do. It's not our daughter's fault". My dad defended me yet again.

"Dad, it's hu...hurts!". I sobbed in his arms.

He pulled away from me and cupped my face. Gently he caressed my cheeks where my mother gave a tight slap. "Athena, see what the hell you did! Her cheeks are swollen". He scolded her and I looked at my mom. Her eyes softened after seeing my face and she turned around to leave upstairs. But I was quick enough to grab her wrist and made her stop in her place.

"Please, mamma! I am sorry. I won't hide anything from you ever again". I apologized and hugged her from behind. She pushed my hands away and walked away even without giving me a glance. I stood there looking at her angrily climbing the stairs.

"Baby, she will come around. Don't worry! Come, let me apply some icepacks on your cheeks". My dad grabbed my wrist and made me walk to the kitchen.

"Are you angry on me too, dad?". I asked him as I sat on the chair placed near the island of our kitchen.

"Yes, I am!". He replied sternly and my face fell. I know that they would be angry if they come to know about Damian. That's why I've kept it hidden from them but that idiot decided to give a surprise visit and break the secret and now I know this is why my dad have asked me to fly to Rome immediately.

"But I am your favourite baby girl. You can't be angry on me!". I said and a tear escaped my eyes in guilt. I can never see my dad being angry on me. He gently placed the icepack on my cheeks and I flinched in pain.

"Oh my God! I am gonna break your mother's hand". He uttered and continued applying the icepacks.

"Dad?". I called him and sighed.

"Okay, fine! I can't be angry on you. Happy now? You won!". He said and threw his hands in the air. I smiled and nodded my head.

"But you hurt me, Jenni! Today you made me feel like I've lost my little baby girl!". He said and I frowned.

"Why would you say that?". I asked in confusion.

"You know who my daughter is?". He smiled and I could see sadness in his smile. "She always used to run to me when someone hurts or say bad things to her. She always believed that I will save her from every bad things. She never hides anything from me because I was her first best friend. Even if someone pushed her down while playing, she used to call me for help. My little baby girl was the best and today I think I lost her somewhere in this hectic life". He confessed and his eyes moistened. Seeing my dad like this literally broke my heart and I couldn't even form a word to comfort him.

I hurt him!

"Da...". I gulped my tears and tried to say something but he shook his head and made me stop.

"You have grown up, Jennie! And you forgot me, right? You forgot that your father is here to help you when someone was trying to hurt you! He broke your legs and I remained unaware of that! Do you know how much hurting it is to know that my little pumpkin have gone through so much and I couldn't help her?". He blamed himself and I would never allow him to that because he is the best father.

"No, dad! Please stop blaming yourself. You were unaware because I kept it away from you and you didn't lose your daughter". I sobbed and hugged him tightly. "I am right here with you and never wanna go away from you anywhere. You were my hero and always will be. It's just that I was scared about mom. She will ask me to discontinue my studies and come back to Rome. That's why I didn't let you know. Ple....plea....please don't hate me. I could never live with your hate". I became a crying mess in his shoulders.

"What are blabbering baby girl? Hate? How will I hate you went I can't even be angry on you?". He pulled away and wiped my tears with his hands. "And most importantly, I am proud of you for breaking his arm. He deserved it". He said and I couldn't help but smile.

"I love you, dad and I missed you so much!". I hugged him again happily.

He kissed my temple and hugged me gently. "I too love my little pumpkin and I will never let anyone hurt you anymore". He assured and my heart felt complete.

No matter where I go and what I do, coming back to home is the best feeling ever. Especially, when I am in my father's arms, I feel like I am on top of this world. But apart from everything, I wonder why suddenly Damian brought up a marriage proposal! What he wants from me? He had his eyes on Stacy then why he wants me now? Somewhere, he scares  me because now my parents are also involved into this mess and I don't want him to hurt them just the way he did with me and Stacy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 546 53
#1 in Wattpad Romance! "Don't fight me, please...!" he pleaded with his whisper by my ears. His obsession was killing me, yet I couldn't fight it, I...
2.4K 89 27
"Sometimes it is better to live with the demons than getting drowned by the ones you thought cared..." "...drop me down...you cannot take...
28K 1K 41
𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚 I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...
9.8M 250K 36
After surviving a tsunami together, art collector Genevieve and CEO Tristan face endless hurdles back home in the shape of vengeful exes and dark fam...