The Silver Tongue

By NataliaAlianovna_

What if harry potter grew up differently with his aunt by his side and knowing about the magical world. In th... More

chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Omg Readers!!!!
chapter 37
Chapter 38
Hey!
Chapter 39
Authors note
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
chapter 46
shout out
a/n
chapter 47
chapter 48
Sequel!

chapter 45

3.8K 223 16
By NataliaAlianovna_

Chapter 45: The Pink Toad

Hello, my followers! I have returned.( I sound like Tom lol) I am so sorry for the long wait but thank you for returning to this story that I have worked so hard on. I will try to update on a regular time table again. I am so grateful to have my dedicated audience with me for the duration of the story. I love and adore all of you.
I

do not own any part of Harry Potter.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Talk"
'Think'
"Parseltongue"
"Nightshade"
Chapter 45 – The Pink Toad
"Who is that? Is pink the only color she owns?" Hermione watched the female teacher at the head table. Harry glanced in the woman's direction. She sat next to Severus, who looked like he was sucking on a lemon. The woman, pink cardigan and all, reminded him of a toad.
"I think that is our new DADA teacher," Neville muttered back. "I have a bad feeling about this year."
Harry couldn't agree more. The woman was going to cause trouble for them. Luna nodded her head though she didn't speak of what she saw. 'Eyes open at all times. She is to be treated like Dumbledore.'
'Lovely.' The twins chorused together.
Neville sighed between them. 'This year is already starting off wrong.'
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
It was two weeks into the school year when the start of the trouble the Pack new would happen came to light. Harry was sitting in the Ravenclaw common room when he was approached.
"Harrison, may we speak to you?" A little first year Raven asked hesitantly. The first-year girl, Mary Giller and her twin sister Larri stood before his chair in the Ravenclaw common room clutching their right hands.

Harrison set his book aside to give the girls his full attention. Something was wrong. He sent his magic out to wrap around the pair and felt pain from them. "What can I help you two this evening?"

Mary boldly stepped forward with her right hand extended. Harry glanced down and felt his blood go cold. On the back of Mary's hand, cut into her skin, was 'I will not gossip in class'. Harry glanced at Larri and saw the same words cut into the back of her hand as well. "What happened?"
Mary started crying. Harry's magic lashed out in anger causing the shadows around the room to dance wildly and the air to chill so much that every exhale of breath could be seen. All the talking in the room silenced as eyes turned to their king. It was rare that he lost his temper in such a way. They looked for a cause for his outburst but saw nothing besides the sisters.
Larri, in place of her sister, spoke, "Professor Umbridge made us write lines with a quill that used our blood during detention. She said we couldn't go to Madam Pomfrey."
Harry pulled his powers back under control. The room slowly returned to its warm temperature with a silent heating charm. He reached out, settling his magic around the cuts but couldn't make the skin knit together. 'Draco get Severus now. Direct him to the Ravenclaw tower.'
'On it,' Draco replied without hesitation.
Harry stood from his chair, eyes searching the room. "Who else has had detention with Dolores Umbridge? Stand now."
Luna cast sad eyes around the room while Harry locked down his magic so it wouldn't harm anyone in the room with the rage he felt as three more first years, two second years, and two third years stood. Harry was just happy that none of the older students stood but at the same time, he was pissed because that meant the toad was targeting the younger and weaker students.
'Call a meeting in every house. I want every student who has had detention with the toad checked now. She has them writing lines with a blood quill.' He growled into the bond. He felt a spike of shock and anger return at his announcement.
'Many of the Lions have served detention with her.' The twins reported before they even gathered the Gryffindor students.
'Get me numbers. I will speak with Severus and professor Flitwick.' Harry ordered. He turned to the closest seventh year. "Dolly go get Professor Flitwick."
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Harry was beyond angry. He was furious. He felt the Pack bond humming in the back of his mind but otherwise, he was left alone. The teachers couldn't do anything besides give the abused students a potion to heal their hands. While the teachers are restricted by the position the toad acquired within the school, Harry was not.
He let his magic simmer under his skin as he set the last candle up in the ritual circle. It was risky, to use a ritual he made up on the spot but he knew it would work. His movements were being guided by something as ancient as Mother Magick herself.

With the last of the preparations done, he banished his clothes and knelt in the center of the blood drawn circle. The blood was willingly given from each of the students who had served detention with the toad. His magic pulsed, eager to be unleashed. His blood sped up, fire and ice surging through his veins. The shadows cast by the candles twisted and lurched away from the walls. One shadow pulled away to reveal Harry's wolf.
"I call on the nightmares that stalk in the recesses of the mind. I call on the fear and doubt pushed back and ignored. I call on the pain and the torment of inflicted wounds on the innocent. I call on vengeance." Harry slashed the inside of his arm making blood splatter around the circle. A deep red glow emitted from the blood as the stone absorbed it. "I call on you to be judge and jury to Dolores Umbridge. I call you to punish her for her crimes. So I will it, so it will be."
The final drop of blood fell from his wrist before the room dissolved to darkness. Harry's wolf growled as it dispersed. Harry smirked, healing his arm. He would protect his school and the students within it any way he could.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
When Harry entered the defense classroom, he felt at ease. He sat in his customary seat and just waited. Whispers reported that Umbridge didn't have a good night. The reports were confirmed with a satisfied glace to the front of the room. The pink toad had bags under her eyes and she flinched at the random noise around the classroom. A flick of his magic had the shadow beside her dance. She jumped with a screech. Yes, Harry was very satisfied.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
The week progress beautifully in Harry's mind. The students had fewer detentions and the toad was progressively getting worse. She was disheveled, hair unkempt and clothes in disarray. Her skin was sickly pale with permanent bags under her eyes. She jumped at every sound, eyes frantically searching every shadow in fear. It was to the point that she refused to leave her private chambers. Severus had taken to teaching DADA.
"I expect a three-foot essay on the effects of shielding charms when used against dark hexes. They are to be neat and orderly, on my desk before the beginning of class Monday." Snape told the class before a way of his hand dismissed them.
"Harrison say behind." Severus waited for the room to empty. "What did you do to Umbridge?"
Harry blinked innocently up at his godfather. "What makes you think I did anything?"
Severus snorted in answer. Harry just smirked, flashing a few teeth too many as an answer. Severus chuckled before turning away. Harry happily left.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"How much longer till she cracks Alpha?" Draco asked that evening from his spot on the couch.
Harry flipped another page in his mother's grimoire. He was relaxed in his chair with one hand in Luna hair where she was leaning against his legs. "I don't expect much longer. I think the whole castle heard her scream of terror at dinner."
Hermione turned from her place at the table to look at him. "What did you do to her Alpha?"
Harry glanced at the Pack, all waiting for answers, and just gave a chilling and ruthless smile. The Pack looked on unafraid. Harry chuckled, finally answering, "I may have used a revenge blood ritual of my own making on her."
"Alpha how often do you make spells and rituals?" Fred asked as he turned back to his homework.
"Whenever I can't find something that suits my purpose." He turned another page. "I've written them all down. At least the ones with a structure that someone else could perform. Some of the time I just will it." Harry told them.
Hermione went back to her work. Harry glanced at her momentarily, eyes going back to the passage he was on. "Hermione."
"Yes Alpha?" Hermione answered though she didn't stop in her writing. She was finishing the essay assigned in potions.
Harry smirked, eyes staying on the book. "I received a letter today." Hermione hummed, showing she was listening but still caught up in her work. The others were watching though. "It was a request for your hand in marriage for when you finish school." That caught her attention.
"What?" Her voice went up an octave in disbelief. She whipped around, eyes full of fury. "I'm only 15!"
Harry hummed, enjoying the anger she was releasing. He glanced up to see the Pack watching her as she cursed up a storm. The founders even watched in amusement. Harry almost wanted to point out that a 15-year-old in the founder's time would already be heavy with a child. He didn't though.

"I repeat, it is for when you graduate. He just wanted his suit in before any others put their bid in for your hand. You are not just my Packmate, you are also my adopted sister. That guarantees that family will try to bring you into their families. The whole Pack will receive marriage proposals before you all graduate. Hell, I've had to turn down a few proposals for the twins and Draco already." Harry explained to her.

Luna took that moment to look up at him, dislodging his hand from her hair. "Alpha when my suitor asks for permission to take me to Hogsmeade this weekend will you say yes? I would so enjoy his company."
Harry paused surprised. "Is this boy a Venator?"
"Yes. He graduates this year though." Luna smiled up at him, her eyes sparkling innocently.
Harry could do nothing but smile at her. She was his little moon, his seer. "If you like this one then I will allow it."
George looked around sly like before he snatches at Neville, tugging the boy off the love seat and onto the floor with him. Neville fell laughing and smacking his boyfriend in retaliation. George tugged and maneuvered him until he was half-way draped over Neville with a happy sigh.
Neville tried to move away but George held on tight, snuggling into his neck, homework abandoned. Finally, with the Pack watching and Fred laughing, Neville gave up and just hugged his boyfriend. "Is there a reason for this?"
"Mine," was the only thing heard from George. Neville blushed at the declaration but still smiled. The Pack laughed at the display. "They can have one of the others. Ginny and Draco are unattached. So is Fred, they can have them but you're mine."
"Wait a minute, if offers are already coming in then I'm putting my bid in for Draco. I claim him as mine Alpha!" Fred called snatching at the blond who sat beside Hermione on the floor at the coffee table.
Draco turned pink and fought off the hands. "Fred let go of me. You never asked me and neither of us gave you permission."
Harry laughed, watching in amusement as, like Neville, Draco lost. Fred drags him up onto his lap, nuzzling the blond. "Fred if you want him all you have to do is convince him. I have no problem with that. Now if you wish to marry him you will have to request permission from both myself and his father."
"Traitor!" Draco yelled, red and pouting in Fred's lap. "This is not how a Malfoy starts a relationship."
The Pack laughed again. The night ending an hour later with everyone in a good mood.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Harry watched as his Venatores filtered out of the ROR after the marking ceremony of the newest members. The six 7th years stayed behind. "What are your plans after the years is done? What do you all plant to become?"
Adrian Pucey, a Snake spoke first. "I'm going to the Ministry."
Harry nodded. Angelina stepped up next. "I was offered a position on the Holyhead Harpies. I already accepted it, Milord."
"Congratulations Angelina." She nodded and stepped back. "Lee the twins tell me you will be working with them at their shop, Cedric will you be following your father's footsteps?"
"Yes, Milord. My application into the Auror program is pending." Harry nods and Cedric bows, stepping back.
"Katie you already told me that you have an apprenticeship under your charm master aunt. Miles Bletchley what are your plans?" Harry turned to the last of his a Venators that would leave after the year ended.
Miles stepped up with a tip of his head. "I have a place in the ministry waiting for me Milord."
Harry nodded, "Very well. Dismissed my hunters."
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Master, there is a toad searching for you."
Harry blinks awake at Nightshade's nudges to his chin. 'Toad my little one?' Harry gently shifts Luna's head off his shoulder so he could sit up. Fred grumbles from his place on Harry's right before setting down again. 'The pink one?'
"Yes, Master. She was screeching like a caught rat. She said she was going to find you and send you to where you belong. Master, don't you belong here in your Nest?"
Harry almost groaned at the term that his familiars called his Pack. 'Yes, my Nightshade, my place is here with my Pack. The toad just wants me out of her was. I am a threat to her.'
"What do you want to do?" She cocked her head in question. Harry smiled, petting her. He was so glad that blood bonding with her made her life as long as his.
'Will you go find Amara my little one? I have a task for her and another for you after.' Nightshade didn't hesitate to scramble off the extended bed where the whole Pack was sleeping on.
Harry slowly shifted from under the hands and heads laying on him. Luna twisted I her sleep to seek Hermione's warmth behind her and Fred turned to spoon Draco. Neville's hand was gently detangled from his hair and Ginny's head was moved off his thigh where she was using it as a pillow.
"Alpha?" Draco's sleep-addled voice pulled his attention. Draco was leaning over Fred's shoulder looking confused at Harry.
"Go back to sleep Draco, I just have a few things to do and I'll join you all again." Harry slipped off the bed. Draco moved back into Fred's embrace as sleep claimed him again. Harry smiled at the picture of his Pack sleeping in a tangled mess upon the bed. It was a study session that lasted too long and no one wanted to move because they were too comfortable.
Harry removed himself from the bedroom to the common room. Helga was awake speaking to Rowena. He nodded politely to the two as he lit the fire. Warmth flooded the room. He moved back to his chair to wait and think.
His mind drifted from his plans for the year to the plans he would make with Tom in the coming summer and his aunt's upcoming marriage. He didn't know when but he eyes slowly closed as sleep pulled him under.
'Days and years, praying for another future, so silently, kept inside our hearts so deeply…'
Harry was pulled awake by Amara and Nightshade climbing into his lap. He smiled gently at them his two bonded girls. He needed to add Hedwig into the bond soon but for now, he would concentrate on what needed to be done now.
"My beauty, I think it is time to put the toad out of her misery. Nothing can be found when they go looking for what killed her." Harry stroked her head as he spoke
"It will be my pleasure. She has hurt too many of the hatchling for my tastes." Amara set off to bite the pink toad she had been hunting since the beginning of the year.
'Little One will you go to Tom and keep him out of trouble? He had been restless since I left.' Harry watched Nightshade scrabble down from his lap to go visit her second favorite human. Tom had a habit of letting her sleep draped around his neck and feeding her snacks whenever she woke. Harry found it adorable but never told the Dark Lord that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 126 34
Dear Hermione, Ron and well everyone, Someone once told me that the universe was larger and more unexpected than we could ever imagine. Until now, I...
112 0 20
It's time for Harry and Severus to step out of the way. Time to move aside for the next generation. The kids are in Hogwarts and in separate houses...
5.7K 267 14
When a strange old man stumbles across a baby in a basket one Halloween Night, The child finds himself with a family that's a lot more welcoming of h...
57K 1.5K 14
Harry finds out a few things about himself when Cedric was killed in front of his eyes and is taken back to the muggles who he begged to not go back...