The Black Sheep...

By onechicagogirlx3

[Book 1 of ?] An Law and Order: SVU/Blue Bloods FanFiction Alyssa is the youngest of the Reagan Family, the q... More

PLEASE READ!!!!
Act 1
Season 16
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Season 17
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 18

2K 47 18
By onechicagogirlx3

SVU Season 17: Episode 11

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

22 Weeks Pregnant

"Noah, where's the apple again?" I ask Noah sweetly "Where do we have the apple, can you give it to mom?"

"Thank you! Done. Now, can you show me..." Liv says before seeing Lucy "Sorry, Lucy. One sec. Can you show me the orange?"

Noah shakes his head, and we laugh "No... That's ok buddy."

"I'm sorry, Lucy. What were you saying now?" Liv asks as Noah keeps bringing me the fruit from his cart "The Crivellos... that's the other family that you work for?"

Lucy nods "Yes. There are two kids. I walk the younger boy, Luca, to school. I went over this morning to pick him up, and his mom sent me away. She was acting really strange. Something was... off."

Liv and I glance to each other before I speak up "How do you mean?"

"Her voice was really shaky. She was really nervous. There were red marks on her neck too." Lucy says gesturing to her neck "And her husband was there, yelling. Maybe you guys could swing by?"

"We do have time before our conference." I say looking to Liv.

We say goodbye to Lucy and Noah, then head to the address Lucy gave us.

Olivia knocks on the door when an older lady answers the door "Hi. Lisa. Olivia Benson and this is Alyssa Reagan."

"Sure. Noah's mom and aunt." She says nervously.

Liv nods "Yeah."

"Lucy's not here." She told us.

"Well, actually, we stopped by to speak with you." Liv says as I try to get a look inside of the house.

"It's a bad day. Luca's sick." She tells us.

"Yeah." Liv says grabbing a tissue out of her pocket "You have a... you have a little cut there, over your eye."

Her eyes dart around giving me a bad feeling "Oh, it's nothing. I should go."

"So how about we come back later?" Liv asks as I start to internally begin to panic.

We hear a male voice from in the house "Let them in."

"Actually, why not just come in now?" She tells us opening the door.

"Okay." Liv says as both walk in and just as the door closes, we are pushed up against the door.

"Hey! Hey, how you doing?" He tells us with a gun in Liv's face "Show me your hands!"

"Okay. Okay. Okay." Liv says.

I put my hands up as he points the gun closer to Liv "What are you doing? Both hands up!"

The young redhead holding Lisa puts her gun at Liv "Now, bitch! You think we're playing with you?"

"No." Liv says shaking her head as her hands go up "No, I don't. Okay. You're both in charge."

"One move, and I'll blow a hole right through your face and hers." He says pointing his gun towards me as I try not to panic.

Liv glances to me and I see the fear in her eyes "Okay. Okay."

"I'm sorry." Lisa tells us when all my thoughts go to the baby in my belly I have to protect.

I watch as a guy comes up "Who the hell are they?"

The second guy grabs our bags "Get me her purse."

I watch as they dump our stuff out and Liv speaks up "My name is Olivia Benson, and I'm here by chance, but I'm a New York City police officer."

The first guy looks to me to speak "My name is Alyssa Reagan, and I am also a New York City police officer."

He looked between us gun raised "You both armed?"

We both nod as Liv speaks first "I am. My weapon is holstered right here on my right hip."

He gets in Liv's space taking her gun then backing up before looking to me with his gun still up "And you?"

"Yes. My gun is on my right hip." I say as he comes over grabbing it.

"Ralph? Come and take these." He says as the guy named Ralph comes over and takes the guns.

He first guy gets back in Liv's face "You carrying a drop?"

"I am not." Liv says shaking her head no "You can check."

"I'm not asking permission." He tells her as he begins to feel around her body until she finds something, and we watch as he pulls her phone out "Ooh... oh. We got a problem here."

"What about you? Are you carrying a drop?" He asks me as he begins to feel my body the same way he did Liv's until he finds my phone pulling away smirking.

"The old man tell you where the money's at yet?" The guy asks Ralph.

"No. He's holding out." Ralph says holding my gun.

"We don't keep cash here." Lisa says before the girl throws her towards the couch.

The guy stays in front of Liv and I "Right. Kick his ass until he coughs."

We listen to the grunts and groans from the other room when the guy in front of us speaks up "Who all knows you're here?"

"No one." I say nervously.

"You better not be lying to me." He says when he begins looking at Liv's phone.

Liv shakes her head "I am not lying to you."

"This your son?" He says waving her phone at her "Hmm?"

I feel Liv tense next to me "It is."

"Good." He says putting her phone in his pocket and looking to mine "Means that you don't want to die."

"So, your pregnant?" He chuckles as he holds my phone up to me showing my recent ultrasound picture as I hear Lisa gasp "Now I know you definitely don't want to die."

Liv and I connect eyes as I feel tears threatening to come out.

"Roxie, tie them up." He says before for Liv cuts him off "Listen to me. We don't need to do that. Why don't we just talk? I know that you and I can figure this..."

He cuts her off as he hits her in the face as I gasp in shock "Oh!"

"I told you to shut the hell up." He tells her before looking up to me smirking and walking away.

MEANWHILE 3RD PERSON POV

"Hey. We got a call." Sonny says putting his coat on "Looks like our push-in rapist struck again, this time in Chelsea."

"Same guy?" Fin asks.

"He's black, tall, in his twenties. He's armed, same M.O. Plus, the vics ID'd the sketch." Sonny tells Fin.

"Just like they did before." Finn comments.

"All right. Either way, let's bring him in alive." Dodds says before looking to Fin "Fin, notify central, alert transit... And housing."

Fin nods getting up "I know the drill."

"I'm sure you do." Dodds says before looking to Sonny "Carisi, tell the one one we're en route. I'll text Benson and Reagan when we get there."

None of them aware of the danger Olivia and Alyssa are in currently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALYSSA POV

Lisa, Liv, and I are sitting next to each other as we listen to Ralph beat up Lisa's husband. I am currently doing my best not to vomit everywhere in front of me.

"Joe, he says they ain't got a safe." Ralph says walking over to the other guy we learned is Joe.

"You swore that there was cash here. They own ten supermarkets." Joe says yelling out.

Ralph begins pacing around "Yeah, okay. Roxie, she's upstairs. She's going through the jewelry, and when she's done, we should go."

"You said there's a safe. Go find it." Joe spats at Ralph.

"The girl rang the bell at 6:00 a.m." Lisa whispers to us "Said she'd been robbed. I went to call 911. Those two burst in."

"Have you ever seen them before?" Liv whispers back.

"The one with the hat, Ralph. He used to drive a truck for my husband's stores. Richard told me he fired him. They've got Luca tied upstairs." Lisa whispers as she chokes up at the end.

"What the hell's taking Roxie so long?" Ralph says as both mine and Olivia's phones go off.

"Who's that?" Ralph asks walking over to Joe.

We hear Joe sniff what I assume is drugs "Don't worry about it. Go downstairs and find that safe."

Joe walks over to us with both of our phones "You both got a text about some rapist."

"I really need to answer that. Please." Liv practically begs.

He opens the message on her phone and responds "There. You just did."

The redhead who I believe is Roxy walks down throwing money and jewelry on the table "$200 and a bunch of crap jewelry."

"Where's the real stuff, huh?" Roxie asks Lisa with her gun up.

"I told you there's nothing in here." Lisa says.

"Mm... Maybe we should bring the little boy downstairs." He says as my whole body tenses.

Liv speaks up "Hold on there. Let's not do that."

"Wait. We do have a safe deposit box." Lisa says distracting him.

He smirks "Oh. Nearby?"

We hear Ralph come up "Joe, hey man, hey, I found some electronics."

"New plan." Joe says pushing the stuff out of his hands before turning around towards us smiling "We're taking Mommy to the bank."

Joe grabs Liv and Roxie grabs the daughter and I bringing us upstairs where we find Luca.

"Luca?" His sister Tess calls out.

"Where's Mommy?" Luca asks scared.

I look at him with soft eyes "She's okay, sweetheart."

"I have to pee." Luca says with sad eyes.

"Let me just check if he's okay. I just want to help the kid." I say trying to get to Luca.

Joe chuckles behind me "Oh, you want to help? How about you get on the bed?"

He sits me down against the beam of the bed as he turns to Roxie "Rox?"

We look around as Joe ties me to the beam then Liv to another beam, I try to send Luca a reassuring smile to help.

Liv's phone goes off and Joe laughs "Hey. They caught your rapist. We should celebrate, huh? Who's up for a party?"

"Don't, Joe." Liv pleads with him.

"Huh?" Joe says pulling his pocket knife out and begins point to each of us "Eeny... meeny... miney... mo."

"You." Joe says pointing at Tess.

"No. Please." She begs as he plays with her hair.

He grabs her "You're coming with me."

"Joe, you don't need her." I say as he grabs her.

"Please help me! Please! Please help me! Get off me!" She screams out as I watch Roxie look uncomfortable "Help!"

"Roxie, for God sakes, do something." Liv asks her pleading.

We listen to her screams and pleas for help then the door closes, and Liv and I stand up the best we can "All you have to do is go in there!"

"Roxie, this is on you." I beg her as I hear Tess screaming while Roxie paces.

Roxie then turns to me and walks over to me hitting me in the face with her gun "Ah!"

"Don't do that again." She says glaring at me.

"Don't touch her." Liv all but growls out "She's pregnant."

Roxie looks between us confused but holds up a strong act as we sit and listen to Tess's screams.

"Can you just shut up?" Roxie asks frustrated as Luca keeps screaming for someone to help his sister.

"Well, then you're gonna have to untie us, aren't you?" Liv says as I shift uncomfortably.

Roxie looks between us as she pulls the knife out of her boot and walks over to Luca cutting him free, then walks over to us "Get him quiet."

Liv looks to me asking me if I'm ok with her eyes, I nod as I walk over and help Luca.

"This can't be the way you wanted things to go down." I hear Liv say as I get Luca situated.

"You don't know me." Roxie says pointing the gun at Liv.

"I know that you don't want to hear your boyfriend raping a 16-year-old." Liv says as I walk over to her.

"Well, Joe does Joe, and I do me, so why don't you sit down?" Roxie tells us as I take the chance to sit down.

"You can save yourself." Liv tries to plead with her.

"What are you, Mother Theresa? I've already been saved, by Joe. Okay?" Roxie tells her as Liv's phone goes off.

Roxie picks it up looking at Liv "Who's Lucy?"

"She's, my sitter. She's also Luca's sitter, and she... she needs to talk to me. She needs to know about my son's daycare pickup." She says swallowing "I really need to answer that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3RD PERSON POV

"Nice work. Where's Liv and Alyssa?" Barba asks Fin, Dodds, and Sonny.

"They are still at the DNA conference." Fin says.

Barba shakes his head "No, they aren't. I was there all morning. I would've seen them."

They all looked at each other as Sonny walked away, he was pulling his phone out to call Alyssa when he heard taping on the door. He opens it up and is surprised to see Lucy "Hey, Lucy. Liv's not in."

"She's not? I'm a little worried. This morning, I sent her and Alyssa to the brownstone of another family I sit for. I had a really strange vibe from the mom, and..." Lucy says fast.

"Okay. What did Liv say about it?" Sonny asks confused.

"Well, I haven't been able to talk to her. Look, she just sent me this weird text." Lucy says showing him the test on her phone.

He reads it and his heart falls into his stomach, he quickly walks over to Dodds, Fin, and Barba "All right. Guys, we got a problem here. Liv just texted this to her babysitter."

Fin grabs the phone reading aloud "Stuck at precinct all day. Pick up William at day care. He has a play date with Lewis and Jason Hendrix today."

"William Lewis? Jason Hendrix?" Barba says shooting up from his seat "That's not good. When did you last hear from either of them?"

"I texted them both a few hours ago about the push-in rapist. Liv answered back." Dodds told Barba.

"But you didn't actually speak to her?" Barba questions him as Sonny pulls out his phone looking to see if he has any messages from Alyssa.

"No." Dodds says shaking his head.

"And now she's sending us a text about William Lewis and Jason Hendrix?"

"Hendrix? That's the guy who shot Alyssa." Sonny said as he starts panicking.

"That's got to be a code for ten-thirteen." Fin says

"Lucy said that Liv and Lyssa checked on a neighbor this morning."

"Where?" Dodds asks turning towards Lucy.

MEANWHILE ALYSSA POV

"Surprise." Joe says walking in the room pushing Tess towards Olivia.

"Shh." Liv whispers as she helps Tess sit down "Careful, your head."

"What the hell, Roxie? They both are untied?" He questions.

Liv comforts Tess as I look to Joe "Look, I was just helping with the kid."

"They're not going anywhere." Roxie said to Joe.

"You pull anything, and you're never gonna see your son again." He tells Liv then looks to me "And you won't get to see your baby born."

Liv stands up "Can I just get them something to drink?"

Joe comes over "Get away from her."

Roxie picks up the phone when it rings "Ralph?"

"What the hell is taking so long, man?" Joe yells out as he ties Liv back up.

"No. Now! That's not part of the deal!" Roxie says into the phone.

"What's going on?" Joe asks angry as he ties me up after finishing with Liv.

Roxie huffs "It's under control, Joe. She just wants proof that we didn't kill them."

"Proof? She want to hear them scream?" Joe asks with a smirk as Luca rushes over to Tess.

"How about you take a photo, and you send it to them if you want the money?" Liv says as Joe pulls the phone up to take a picture of the kids "Smile!"

"Now get the cash, or they're dead." Joe says in the phone then hanging up as the doorbell rings.

"Who's that?" Roxie asks nervously.

Liv moves "Why don't you let me answer it? Whoever it is, I will get rid of them."

"No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no. She goes!" Pointing to Tess then looks over to me "And you will stand with Roxie."

With his gun up he walks over to Luca putting it underneath his chin "You love him, right? One wrong move, and it's lights out for your little bro. And she won't see her baby ever."

Roxie pushes Tess and I out of the room and down the stairs, once we are there, she holds me by my neck with a gun up to Tess while she opens the door.

"I'm not supposed to open the door." Tess says.

"It's okay, we're truant officers." I hear Fin's voice making me feel a bit safer knowing they know something is wrong.

Then I hear the voice I've been dying to hear, Sonny "Yeah, we're with the Board of Ed. You and your brother weren't at school today."

"We're both sick." Tess says flat with no emotion.

"Okay, can we talk to your mom and dad?" Fin asks.

"They're not home. I got to go." Tess says before shutting the door.

Roxie pushes us back upstairs into Luca's room "They're gone, Joe."

"We're jacked. They were cops." Joe says before walking over to Tess grabbing her chin "What the hell did you say to them?"

"Nothing, I just told him Luca and I were sick."

"Listen to me; they may have figured out that were here, so their next move is to call for backup. Now is the time for you guys to go." Liv says as she glances to me.

"You just need to stop talking." Joe says as he begins to pace.

Roxie speaks up "You know, maybe we should listen to her. Babe, come on. We need to get out of here. Come on."

Joe grabs Roxie by the neck "Look at her. She's a cop. Everything that she says is a lie. Everything that she says is a trap."

"There's no perimeter here. I'm telling you. Look out." Liv says walking to the window opening the blind "Look for yourself. There's no perimeter. Okay? Slip out the back before they figure out who you are."

Roxie looks to Joe who looks towards us "We're not going anywhere until we get the money. You got that?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3RD PERSON POV

"Chief Gabriel?" Dodds says walking over "Mike Dodds. Where are we?"

"We have a level one going on. The precinct has the area in lockdown." He tells them as Sonny and Fin walk over "Everyone in the line of fire has been evacuated, and everyone else has been told to shelter in place."

"Did you call into the house yet?" Sonny asks nervously as he is worried about his girl and unborn child.

"We're waiting for hostage negotiation." He responds making all of them uncomfortable.

"Chief?" He says to the officer who walked up "Captain Sasso, pole cams up?"

"Up and running. We see two armed suspects. White male, about 40, and a younger white female."

"What about Benson and Reagan?" Dodds says

The guy looks at Dodds "The commissioners daughter?"

Fin nods "They are both inside with a teenage girl and a younger boy."

"That's Tess and her brother, Luca." Sonny says.

"Everyone seems to be sequestered in a second-floor bedroom."

"Okay, what about the parents? Richard owns Crivello's grocery chain. He was MIA from work today. Lisa's a stay-at-home mom." Fin says as Sonny begins to pull out his phone.

"No visual yet. I'll work other angles."

"You text her dad?" Fin asks as Sonny begins texting.

Sonny shakes his head as he sends the text to Frank:

Sonny to Frank: Hostage situation,
Alyssa is inside.

MEANWHILE ALYSSA POV

"Dammit." Joe says looking outside then pacing around the room.

"We should have gone. They're gonna kill us." Roxie says shaking.

Liv speaks up "Let Richard go. Let the kids go. Let Alyssa go. You keep me. I'm your best asset."

Joe keeps pacing around as I look up to Liv shaking my head whispering "I'm not leaving you."

"And where's your stupid-ass brother, Roxie?" Joe demands Roxie.

"I don't know, Joe. He should've been back by now. I mean, what are we doing here? What's our plan?" Roxie says before Joe cuts her off "Shut up!"

"What's our play? What's our plan?" Roxie asks as Joe is freaking out "Just let me think! Let me think, okay?"

Joe continues pacing as he looks over to me "Hey. Yeah, you. You're gonna get us out of here. You're gonna call them and tell them to stand down."

I look to Liv then back to Joe as Liv tries to stop him "They won't, Joe."

"Oh, you don't think I'm serious? How about I shove this gun down her throat?" Joe says walking over to me as a squirm whimpering "Open your mouth."

"Okay, okay. No need for that." Liv says looking to me "Just do it."

I nod taking a deep breath "Give me my phone. I'm gonna call my sergeant, okay?"

Joe pulls my phone out of his pocket handing it to me "Speaker on. No secrets."

I dial Dodds waiting on him to pick up when finally, he does "Dodds."

"Dodds, it's Reagan here. We're all okay." I say as Joe cuts me off "I want the cameras down and the snipers to back away."

"Joe wants the snipers to back away and the cameras disabled."

"Okay. Okay, we can do that. A negotiator's en route. In the meantime, is everybody okay?" Dodds tells me.

Joe chuckles "A negotiator? A pizza for a hostage?"

"They just want to talk." I tell him calmly.

Joe laughs as he hangs up the phone "Yeah, I know what that means. Talk, talk, talk."

"Get away from the window. Come on. Joe..." Roxie tells him as Joe stands by the window.

"You're holding a family and two police officer's hostage. If you don't talk to them, they're gonna burst in here, and they're gonna take you out, and they're gonna take Roxie out. That's just where we are." Liv says making the look on Joe's face look scary.

"Joe." Roxie says worried.

"Fine." Joe says walking up to Liv "Who at the NYPD do you trust?"

"My squad. My detectives." Liv tells him.

"No." He says shaking his head turning to me "Someone with more pull. Someone that cares about you, either of you. Is there anyone at the NYPD who cares if you live or if you die?"

I clear my throat "My father."

"And who is your father?" Joe says laughing.

I look up at him dead in the face "My father is the police Commissioner of the NYPD."

They bring us downstairs putting tables up and making Liv sit in a chair next to me and the kids over to the corner of the room.

"What happened to your friend, huh? The one with the juice? Where is he?" Joe says walking over to me pointing his gun to me.

"He's gonna be here, and when he gets here, he's gonna want to know how everyone is doing, so..." I say looking to Liv.

"So would you let me just check on Richard?" Liv says looking to Roxie "Roxie could go with me."

"This is all your fault. If anyone dies..." Joe begins to pace before Roxie cuts him off "No one is gonna die, okay? She's gonna get her guy, and then we're gonna get out of here."

Joe looks to Roxie "And what about your idiot for a brother, Roxie? Huh? You know, this whole place is surrounded, so if he saw a cop..."

My phone begins to ring making Joe laugh as he hands it to me "Answer on speaker. Now."

"Reagan. You're on speaker, and Joe is here with me." I say.

"It's Commissioner Reagan. Everyone okay?" I hear dad say through the phone making me feel a sense of relief.

"Joe and Roxie are taking good care of us. The children are unharmed, and the father's injuries are under control." I tell him.

"I see. And how about Lisa, the mother?" Dad asks me as Joe puts it on mute.

"You say that she's here." Joe tells me.

"And if he wants to talk to her? Joe... if he thinks that I'm lying, he's gonna get nervous. You don't want that." I say pleading with him.

"Don't say a thing about the bank." Joe tells me with his gun pointed in my face as he takes the phone off mute.

"She's not here right now, but she will be back soon." I tell him.

"I see. And Joe is there with you?" I hear dad say.

"Yes, he is. He can hear you." I say looking towards Joe.

"Hey, Joe. This is Commissioner Reagan. You can call me Frank. Everything all, right?" Dad says.

Joe chuckles "What do you think, Frank? I got a gun to your pregnant daughter. No tricks."

"Joe, I am listening to you. I am, and I know how stressful this is for you, and I want you to know, I've done this a lot more than you have, so I can get you out of this." Dad says trying to appeal to him.

"Dad? Joe has some things that he needs." I say when Joe cuts me off "I want an SUV with tinted windows... no driver, can't be rigged... and I want a million dollars in cash."

"Yeah, absolutely. I'm getting this. Transportation and money... is that right, Joe?" Dad questions him.

"I'm not finished. I want the streets to a helipad cleared, all the traffic blocked like I'm the freakin' pope, and then I want a helicopter standing by, and then, I want a CJ4 jet, fully fueled... no pilot, because I can fly." Joe says looking to me.

"Well, the truth is, it's gonna take some time, bud." Dad says calmly.

"Dad? Joe's not playing around." I plead with my dad as Liv catches my eyes.

Liv mouths "Your gonna be ok."

"I understand Joe's not playing around. Okay, we will get all these things in motion, Joe, but how about, as an act of good faith, you release the kids?" Dad asks Joe.

"How about I don't shoot them right this second? Huh? There's your good faith." Joe says before hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3RD PERSON POV

"Ralph Volkov. Assault, drunk driving. Fired by Crivello's grocery chain after two failed drug tests." Dodds says to Barba and Erin as they walk to the van.

"A revenge plan? But he's not the ringleader?" Erin asks Dodds.

"No." Dodds says as they get over to Sonny, Fin, and Ralph.

"Hello, Ralph. I'm Assistant District Attorney Rafael Barba and this is Erin Reagan of the ADA office and the sister of the pregnant detective in the house, also detective Carisi's girlfriend. So, who's "we"?" Barba says sitting down.

"Me and my sister Roxie. Our... our mother, she... she needs a new hip. She can hardly walk." He tells them.

"Roxie's the one in the house now?" Erin asks looking to Frank, then to Sonny and back to Ralph.

"Yeah, but she didn't want to hurt anyone either. That's all on Joe." Ralph pleads with them.

Barba scoffs "Uh huh. Joe's his real name?"

"Ralph? Ralph, look at me. Anybody dies in there, you're on the hook for felony murder. You help us, or you're gone." Erin snaps at him angry that her pregnant sister is being held hostage.

"Joe's his real name. Joe Utley." Ralph finally tells them.

MEANWHILE ALYSSA POV

Joe's phone rings he picks it up "Ralph, where the hell are you? Huh? You got the cash?"

"Good. The cops know we're inside. Get back here and tell them to let you in." Joe says to Ralph over the phone.

"Just do it, Ralph. The cops will let you in." Joe says.

Whatever Ralph said on the phone has Joe freaking out "Son of a bitch! Your brother! They got him."

"Who? The cops? Is he okay?" Roxie asks concerned.

"I'm not really concerned about him right now." Joe tells her.

"Well, I am. Are we gonna get him back?" Roxie asks Joe as my phone rings "You're gonna get him back, right, Joe?"

The phone keeps ringing as Roxie yells at Joe "You gonna answer that? Answer one of them!"

"Shut up!" He yells back at Roxie before answering the phone screaming "What?"

"Hey, Joe. It's Frank. Can you hear me? I'm here with Ralph." I hear dad as Joe puts it on speaker.

"Yeah, well, I want Ralph, and I want the cash here, now. You lie again, and your pretty little pregnant daughter dies." Joe says looking at me as I begin to feel the tears run down my face.

"Joe, no one can make you kill anybody if you don't want to." Dad tells Joe.

He hands me the phone "Dad. He really wants Ralph in here, now."

"Yeah sweetheart, I understand that, but that's not something we can do right now." Dad says to me as my heart starts to break as I don't know if I will get out of this alive.

Liv grabs Joe's attention "He's telling you the truth. We're not allowed to send civilians inside."

"Okay. Then I'm done talking." Joe says looking to Liv.

"Joe, listen to me. ESU is all over this block. Do you know who they are?" Dad asks him.

"Yeah, Frank. They're like SWAT." Joe says coming closer to me.

"Exactly. You stop talking to me, they pull me away, and those guys take over." Dad tries to reason with him.

"Let me talk to Ralph." Joe demands.

After a few moments of silence, we hear him "I can't go in, Joe. They got snipers."

"You're an idiot." Joe says before turning to Roxie "He said that he could do this, that he could get the money. This is your fault. You said that he was good for this."

"You should have gone, okay? Don't blame this on him! This is your fault." Roxie says storming up to him poking him in the chest "Okay, that guy in there? He's not doing so great. Okay? He's gonna die, okay?"

Joe pushes Roxie down making her scream as Liv looks down at her gun before looking down at Roxie as she grabs it and stands up.

I hear Dad still on the phone "Everybody okay?"

"Okay. So, we know that Ralph's not coming in here, but do you have his money?" I ask looking to Liv scared.

"Good idea. Joe let's make another deal. We'll give you the $50,000 Ralph got." Dad tells him when Ralph cuts him off "I got bonds, too, Joe, from the safety deposit box."

"Those, too. The money, the bonds..." Joe says trailing off.

"You give us the kids. A trade for a trade." Dad says as Joe really thinks about it and finally nods letting me breath in relief.

"Okay. Okay. Joes on board. You get us the money, and he will send out one person." I tell Dad.

"You made the right choice, Joe. I have your money. There's two EMTs standing by to take Richard out of there. No guns, no tricks. I promise." Dad tells Joe.

"What are they wearing?" Joe asks Liv making her look outside.

"They're wearing EMT uniforms." She tells him looking confused.

"How do I know that they're not carrying?" Joe asks before talking into the phone on speaker "I want both those guys to strip down, now."

"They're not carrying, Joe." Dad tells him.

Joe shakes his head "Bull. Make them strip."

"All right, but they keep their vests on." Dad demands.

"Oh, that's fine. But what about my car, huh? Is the helicopter ready? The plane?" Joe questions Dad.

"We're working on all of that, Joe, okay? We just need more time." Dad tells him.

Dodds and another EMT come in and strip, as they do that Roxie dumps the money on the floor "The money is all there."

Dodds connects eyes with Liv and I quickly when Joe grabs his attention "And what about my car?"

"They told me to tell you it's on its way, and so is the helicopter." Dodds tells him as Joe has his machine gun up to them.

"How do I know you're not lying?" Joe asks when Liv speaks up "If they say that it's coming, it's coming."

"Fine. Get him out of here." Joe says as they walk over to Richard but stops them "Wait. The vests... take them off."

Dodds and the EMT take off there vests setting them on the ground before carrying Richard out.

"Joe?" We hear Dad on the phone "I want to thank you. It was good getting Richard out of there. Now we're onto the next step, okay? The car's pulling up."

Liv confirms the SUV is outside as Roxie looks to Joe "It's there, Joe."

"Next, I'm gonna send someone out to check the car. I want the keys in the ignition, engine running, and I want all those ESU guys gone. You hear me? I want a clear path!" Joe says to dad over the phone before looking to me handing me the vest "Hey, boss lady, why don't you put this vest on Roxie?"

I nod "Okay."

I help her put it on as I whisper to her "Roxie, you don't have to do this. They have your brother. He's safe. This is your chance. You go out there, and you don't come back. I know you don't want to die."

She looks at me "How do you know?"

"All you have to do is drop to your knees and put your hands up." I tell her pleading with her.

"Just shut up. Just shut up. Buckle me in." Roxie tells me.

Roxie opens the door slowly and walks outside. We sit waiting until we hear Joe on the phone "Get back in here."

"Roxie? What is taking so long?" Joe says into the phone groaning "Roxie? What are you doing? What's going on out there?"

Liv looks outside "She's still at the car, Joe."

"Get in here. Let's go! Roxie?" Joe yells.

"Damn you." Joe said walking up to me with the gun in my face.

I hear Liv behind me "Take it easy."

Joe stays in front of me with the gun still in my face "What did you say to her?"

"I didn't tell her anything, Joe." I pleaded with him.

Joe turns around screaming as he comes back to me grabbing my arm pushing me down on the ground as I cradle my belly "I'm sick of you lying to me!"

"Joe, listen to me." Liv tries to talk to him "This is better for you. You don't need her. We're so close. We're so close to getting out of here."

The phone rings as I look to Joe "You tell Frank how we're gonna do this. Your terms, Joe. Your terms."

Joe answers the phone on speaker as I hear Dad's voice "Hey, Joe? You got what you wanted now. The money, the car, the chopper, the plane... but now I'm gonna need something. The kids, Joe. Okay?"

"No. We're all going out of here together, and if anything happens, everyone's gonna die with me. End of negotiations." Joe plainly tells my dad stressed.

"I've kept my side. We're gonna need at least one kid." Dad tries to plead with him.

Joe looks to the kids then back to me "Fine. When I get into the car, I'll give you the little kid, but I'm keeping my girls."

Joe hangs up the phone as he sits down looking to me "They're taking me out, aren't they?"

"You keep your gun to my head, and they're not gonna try to beat your trigger squeeze. That, I know for a fact." I tell Joe trying my hardest not to cry.

"Alyssa stop." I hear Liv say as Joe points the gun at her.

Joe looks to Liv "Grab the kids and stand next to princess here."

Liv walks over linking hands with me and the kids as Joe grabs me by my waist keeping the gun at my head "Okay, Joe, just keep your gun to my head."

"Oh, you're not gonna have to worry about that." Joe says before pushing us "Now, let's go."

I slowly open the door finally in view of everyone, I raise my hand up to let them know we are coming out.

"We're gonna go up the steps. Nice and slow." Joe tells us as I connect eyes with Sonny and my dad.

"Okay. Hold your fire!" Joe yells out.

"It's okay, honey. We're almost there." Liv tells the kids "You're doing great, guys."

"Nice and easy." I tell the kids.

We continue towards the SUV slowly as Joe starts yelling "Get back! Move! Get back! Now! Farther back!"

"The kids are going in the back of the car." Joe tells me.

"You know, Joe... Joe, we don't really... we don't really need the kids anymore, right? Or Olivia. You keep your gun on me. Why don't we let the kids and Olivia go? And just make it about you and me, Joe. I'm all you need. You and me." I plead and beg with Joe.

"Go... go." Joe says as Olivia grabs the kids and runs over to everyone.

I put my hands up "He's letting both kids and Olivia go!"

"Okay, that's great, Joe." I hear dad yell out at him.

"Come on." Joe says.

"Thank you, Joe." Joe tells me pushing me closer to the car.

"All right, come on. Come on. Keep going. Keep going, keep going." Joe yells out at them then turns back to me "Get in."

"Okay. I'm getting in." I say before trying to turn to my dad "I'm just gonna let my dad know the plan, okay?"

"No, I'm gonna tell Frank..." Joe says before I turn and punch him grabbing his gun and bending down.

I hear Dad yell "Take him out!"

"Alyssa!" I hear Sonny yell out as he and Dad run over.

"Secure his weapon!" Dad yells.

My legs begin to collapse under me as Sonny picks me up holding me to his chest as he walks over to the ambulance "I'm okay."

"Where's dad?" I say as Sonny lays me down.

"I'm right here sweetheart." Dad says as they load me in, and Sonny grabs my hand.

Erin and Danny come running up with Jamie as Dad stops them "Stop. Let her get to the hospital and get checked out."

"I love you Lys!" I hear Erin yell as they closed the doors on the ambulance, and it started to move.

The EMT pulls out a transportable doppler pulling my shirt up "We don't normally use this for this, but it should work."

Sonny kisses my head holding my hand until we finally hear the heartbeat making me cry in relief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry I'm late." Jamie said rushing in "Got held up."

Erin laughs "You almost missed it."

"You doing ok?" I hear Danny say as I watch Sonny playing with Noah and Braba and Liv talking.

I smile "Just sore and tired. But I'm ok."

"Good. Fuckers lucky he's dead." Danny said kissing my head "Cause Id have killed him myself."

I watch as everyone is around, all the people I love in one room spending time together.

"You ready to find out what we are having baby?" Sonny says as he comes behind me wrapping his arms around my belly rubbing it softly.

"No matter what we have, long as it's healthy I'm happy." I said smiling as I kiss his lips.

"Everyone outside please!" Linda says standing with Erin smiling.

"Guess we should go." Sonny says grabbing my hand leading me outside.

Erin pulls Sonny and I over to the box that says, "What am I?"

Sonny wraps his arm around my waist pulling me into him "We want to thank everyone for being here, we are with all the people we care about most in this world. From family to friends to coworkers."

"We couldn't imagine learning news like this without all of you, our whole family." I say smiling.

Everyone begins cheering and chanting to open the box, Sonny and I look at each other before he reaches down with me, and we open the box. We watch as blue heart shaped balloons fly out of the box as everyone cheers.

Sonny grabs me kissing me hard "I love you so much."

We pull apart as we hear everyone laughing and cheering as I let it sink in that we are having a little boy.

"I knew it!" Pops said to Danny.

"Oh, shut it. I swear you asked Erin to tell you." Danny said laughing.

"Danny, you asked Linda, I'm sure." Jamie said laughing as he walked over.

Linda walks over "Let me get a picture of you guys with the balloons over there."

Sonny grabs the balloons as Linda pushes them the way she wants, Sonny grabs me kissing me while she takes the picture.

After the pictures were done Liv and Noah walk over to me "I am so happy for you. You deserve this and so much more."

"I wouldn't be here without you." I said smiling to her.

She pulls me into her arms "Life without you would be boring."

Noah kisses my cheek as Liv smiles before walking over to Tucker.

"You look like you are on a cloud." I hear dad say walking over to me kissing my head.

I stand looking around at everyone then turning to dad "I wish Joe were here."

"He is, he is always with you." Dad said holding me as I smile up at the sky thinking about Joe when it hits me, I know exactly what I am naming this baby as I rub my belly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.1K 123
Book One. Detective Jett Howards never expected to end up in his hometown of New York as a on-loan detective. After spending seven years working as a...
176K 3.8K 28
Rankings: #2 - broken family #3 - Maturing #8 - cruel #20 - Hardship Can be read as a STAND ALONE. ( first in the series ) NOT a slowburn kind of boo...
32.7K 569 53
Written in first person, this story follows the life of a young up and coming Forensic Psychologist, Dr. Regan Callahan. She started working with th...
279K 5.4K 70
*Before you read. I wrote this a really long time ago and made a mistake with Lia's age that I can't fix. Can you please ignore it and enjoy the rest...