The Arrangement

By aaliyahroseee

𝟏𝟖+ "Do you have any idea," he started as he licked his lips, his tongue piercing catching my eye, "how muc... More

Introduction
At First
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Epilogue
NEW BOOK - RYDER
A/N.

Chapter Twenty-Eight

7.5K 162 62
By aaliyahroseee

Taylor's POV

I change into my gym clothes, deciding to work out at the gym since I couldn't sleep. It was ten at night and as far as I'm concerned, everyone in the house is sleeping.

It probably wasn't the best idea to leave the house, especially at night time since the last attack but I'll be sure to be careful. I just need a quick workout and I'll be back here in no time.

I look in the mirror as I tie my hair in a messy bun and grab my gym bag, heading out my bedroom door quietly.

As I get closer and closer downstairs I hear shuffling and footsteps, catching my attention almost immediately.

I thought everyone was asleep.

Once I reach the bottom of the stairs I look around, seeing Nicolas making a sandwich in the kitchen.

"Hey Thomas," Nicolas says, his forehead creased in confusion. "What are you doing up? And dressed?"

"I was just thinking about going to the gym to work out. I haven't been in months," I explain, hitching my gym bag higher on my shoulder.

"Taylor—" He starts, but I interrupt him.

"I'll be careful Romano, I promise," I say, smiling as I head to the front door.

"Taylor, just...wait," he walks off into a room, confusing me even more.

He soon walks out holding pepper spray, offering it to me.

"Nicolas, I won't need that," I say, pushing his hand away.

"Taylor just take it. So I know you'll be safe," he say, concern in his eyes. "For me? Please?"

"Ok," I say softly, biting my lip nervously. "But I assure you, I won't need it," Right at that moment an unsettling feeling settled in my stomach, making me anxious.

"Alright Taylor. Be safe," he opens up his arms, waiting for me to hug him. I walk towards him, inhaling a deep breath when he embraces me into a tight hug.

I hug him back equally as tight, sighing and closing my eyes. "See you later."

He pulls away looking me straight in the eye, waiting for my response. "Later."

I leave soon after, driving to the closest gym I could find on my GPS.

About an hour later I was still working out in the gym, running on the treadmill.

A lot of things were running through my mind and running on the treadmill helped me sort most of them out.

I was pretty stressed out over the last few months and this is really helping me think about what I've been distracted by for the longest time.

I speed up the treadmill and continue running, my steady running echoing through the empty gym.

My thoughts are cut short and I almost fall face flat on the treadmill as the lights suddenly turn off. I look around the dark gym, confused.

"Someone's still in here!" I shout, stopping the treadmill and looking around. "Hello?"

Silence.

I slowly take a step forward, an unsettling feeling in my stomach.

I continue to walk around the gym, no one around. I go back to the treadmill, deciding it's time to leave as I grab my gym bag off the bench and make my way to the locker room.

I turn the switch, the small light blinking before turning completely on, barely making a difference but it'll work. Setting my bag down on one of the benches I head towards the showers, stripping out of my clothes.

I turn on the hot water, stepping under it while closing my eyes as I soak my hair in the water.

A loud thud makes me jump slightly and I open my eyes, pulling the shower curtain aside and looking around the locker room.

"H-Hello?" I say, the same unsettling feeling in my stomach returning. Suddenly another shower's water turns on, scaring me even more.

"Hello?" I shout again. I turn off my water, opening the shower curtain and grabbing my towel off the rack, wrapping it around my shaking body.

I head towards the shower, my feet feeling like it's moving very slowly.

Once I reach the shower I bite my lip as I hurriedly open the shower curtain, no one in the shower.

I crease my forehead in confusion and turn off the water, heading back to my shower. I take off my towel and turn the water back on, trying to finish my shower and get out of here.

I sigh and grab my body wash off the shelf, applying it all over my tense body. After I finish showering I rinse off my body and turn the water back off, grabbing my towel and wrapping it around my wet, cold body.

I get dressed in some jeans shorts and a plain tank top.

The door suddenly closes, startling me.

"Hello? Someone's still in here!"

Again, no response.

Ok, someone has to be playing a joke on me.

"It's not funny!" I say, stuffing my things into my gym bag.

When I finish packing my things I head to the door, a dark silhouette standing by the door stopping me in my tracks. They were about 15 feet away from me. I looked in their left hand, a knife shining in the moon light.

My body screamed run but my legs just wouldn't move. Until they started walking towards me. My eyes widen and I froze, screaming loudly as I dropped all my things and ran away from the silhouette.

I reach the back door.

Locked.

I whimper and look back, the silhouette getting closer and closer as they raise the knife in their hand.

I yelp and run to a window, standing on a bench as I try to push the window open but then the person grabs my waist, pulling me down from the bench.

I scream again as I fall to the floor, pain shooting through my side. I wrap my hand around my pained side as I scoot back away from the person.

I suddenly reach my bag, remembering the pepper spray that Nicolas gave me before I left.

I quickly grab the pepper spray from the side of my bag. So quick I'm sure they didn't see it.

They get closer to me as they bend down, raising the knife before I spray them in the eye with the pepper spray.

They scream loudly and drop the knife, the weapon dropping to the floor with a loud sound.

Judging by the scream, it's a man.

I take this opportunity to get up from the floor and run, but before I can they grab me again, their nails digging into my skin. I wince and turn around in their hold, kicking them in the balls.

They groan and bend over, holding their private.

I head to the door, grabbing my gym bag off the floor, holding my side and exiting the gym in a scared hurry.

__

Once I get home I immediately unlock the front door, heading inside the house in a hurry.

I groan as pain shoots through my side again. I look over at the bright light, the living room TV on. Nicolas lays on the couch, suddenly waking up and rubbing his eyes.

"Thomas?" He says, standing up from the couch and rushing towards me. "Did something happen? What's wrong?"

"I was at the gym and...and..." I say out of breath.

"Ok relax. Breathe," he says, grabbing the side of my face and looking at me intently. "Now tell me what happened."

"I was running on the treadmill and the light turned off..." I finished explaining what happened to Nicolas, him nodding every once in a while to let me know he's listening.

"And your side?" He asks.

"It still hurts a little," I say. He removes my hand from my side.

"It looks fine, just a small bruise. It should be okay but if it get worse we'll have to see Nurse Keller."

"Ok," I say, biting my lip and looking at the floor.

"We'll figure it out Taylor," he sighs. "Come on."

____________________________________

How sweet <3

Obviously not the attacking part but, you know what I mean lol

Please vote, comment, and follow! It's greatly appreciated!

Take care my loves.

aaliyah rose <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.3K 22
" vicious. " I whisper, he smirks and looks at me , " hello princess , long time no see." as he says that he gets out of his seat and walks towards...
622K 14.7K 30
Valentina Devlin, known to be difficult and an insanely hard-to-get. From day one, she's only had two things on her mind. Getting recognition from he...
60.7K 1.6K 30
"Now I know why they call you the devil" "I told you I was anything but good Angel" - Two people that could have lost their lives find each other. An...
81.3K 1.4K 59
I lean upwards towards his ear breathing softly. "your mean." I murmur as I swallow a whine he clearly heard. His delish smirk appears "No" he shake...