~LIVING FOR YOU~

By 222koolkidz

-Adelina Diaz is a 17 year old girl who's a senior in high school. She's kind, caring, passionate, everything... More

Authors note + trigger warning + character aesthetics
Chapter 1. Pain
Chapter 2: Unknowingly saved
chapter 3: Beauty
chapter 4: Put Me To Sleep
Chapter 5: Funny Guy
Chapter 6: New friends?
Chapter 7: Coffee Shop
Chatper 8: I Cant
Chapter 9: I'll Be Okay
Chapter 10: Done
Chapter 11: bookstore
Chapter 12: Cold
Chapter 13: Rage and Pain
Chapter 14: Sincerely Sorry
Chapter 15: brother fogiven
Chapter 16: One Year Ago
Chapter 17: Number
Chapter 18: Sleep
Chapter 20: realization
Chapter 21: Awake
Chapter 22: Never going back
Chapter 23: Music to my Ear's
Quick authors note

Chapter 19: Zane?

4.8K 67 45
By 222koolkidz

                                    ~Zane~

Everyone is silent in my house.

No one is moving, no one is talking, and all we're doing is sitting or standing hoping that she is alive.

Some of us are thinking either the worst possible outcome that can happen to Adelina or thinking that she has the willpower to stay alive

Right now, I'm hoping she is fighting to stay alive

But it's her choice at the end of the day if she wants to live

or

die

When Adelina passed out on my lap from blood loss at Sofia's house, there was silence. She wasn't moving, she wasn't talking back, she wasn't making her facial expressions that make all of us feel happier. She was just...still

None of us said anything. Adelina's friends were standing still in shock from her being passed out and all the blood. Will and Ash and I were doing the same. Except instead of me standing up like them, I was on the floor with the one person who showed some version of true love laying on my lap, almost on the brink of death itself

I was just looking at her face going paler by the second.

I was just seeing the one person I wanna spend my life with...be on the brink of death

I was so shocked at what happened. Finding Adelina crying in my arms, till feeling blood come out of her back, to then losing her completely. I didn't know how to react.

Until Will's phone rang.

His phone brought all of us back from being completely devoured by the fact that Adelina was not moving and was half dead.

Immediately, I got my senses back and yelled at Will to get Jackson here or Adelina won't be the only person that will be dead tonight

Right as Will ended the call, he ran to the door of Sofia's house and opened it, letting Jackson walk in.

Immediately, I yelled for Jackson who came in with a duffel bag of medical supplies. He was wearing he's scrubs indicating he just came from his shift at the hospital.

When he saw who was laying in my lap, he immediately tensed up. He's face formed into one of horror and one of pain.

He knew who was Adelina was

"Adelina...the girl who bought liquor from me...she-" Jackson's wavering voice said to all of us, but I was getting to damn near to killing him if he didn't save her

"Help her you bimbo!" I screamed at Jackson who immediately kneeled down to Lina. He started to to flip her on her side. I didn't even realize I wasn't letting her go till Ash made me.

"You have to let go Arès," Ash said to me, taking my hands off of her waist so Jackson could save her. After he took my hands off of her, he knelt to my side and hugged me, but I pushed him off.

"Blood," I say. I didn't want blood on him. Ash didn't care. He hugged me again.

While I was with Ash, Jackson was checking Lina's pulse, and put an oxygen mask on her face to make sure she doesn't die from deoxygenation. When he knew she was alive, he flips Adelina on her stomach so he can see her back.

When he lifted her shirt, I broke into sobs. Tears steamed down my face. Hot and fast tears. Tears of what I was seeing.

Adelina's back was covered, and I mean covered in horizontally deep scars. Her cuts were long, deep, and spanned across her whole back. Her bareback was filled with scars, scars that gave her hell for who knows how long. She is one Powerful Woman

But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that there were so many lashes.

Eight

Eight deep lines on her pristine back.

And all of them were bleeding. All eight lines on her flawless back were dripping with blood. Blood that she didn't deserve to lose.

"Oh my god," Jackson says. For a moment he just stared like the rest of us. He was blinking and blinking like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. None of us could believe what we were seeing. When Jackson got out of his trans, he went right into doctor mode.

He scrambled to open his duffle bag of medical equipment. After it was open, he took out bags of gauze, a thread, and a needle.

"Someone give me hand towels, many, many hand towels!" Jackson said to everyone in a very prominent tone. Sofia ran to a room and came back with four hand towels. She gave them to Jackson who put the towels on Adelina's back, putting pressure so her bleeding would slow down.

"I need more, these aren't going to be enough" Jackson said to Sofia who nodded and left to retrieve more.

"Zane, come here and help put pressure on her back," Jackson said and I immediately got up from my kneeling position and did as I was told. Put pressure on half of her cuts, while Jackson did the other half.

"Why didn't you call 911?" Jackson said, his voice filled with immense concern. He looked like hell. His hair was dishevelled, his eyes looked like they were going to break a cry at any moment. He looked like he's mind was going through many scenarios of how this was going to play.

Either she lives

Or dies

Sofia came back with more towels, and Jackson called Will and Ash over to help with putting pressure on Lina's back.  After they got in their positions and put pressure, Jackson told me to let go of the towel and help him stitch Lina's cut's one by one.

I would make sure any blood that was seeping out got caught in a cloth, while Jackson slowly stitched each one of her cuts, making sure that the wounds were closed properly, and went going to harm her further.

During that whole process, Adelina was out cold. She didn't move, or speak, didn't flutter her eyes even a little bit, she was just passed out.

However, Jackson kept stopping and making sure she was alive by checking her pulse and making sure her oxygen mask was intact on her face.

When all of the stitches were in, Jackson advised that we move Lina to one of Sofia's sofa's so she doesn't sit in a pool of her blood. We were going to stay at Sofia's house but then decided that was the worst possible idea since her parents would be here.

So we decided on my house.

While I and Jackson got his car ready for Adelina to go to my house, everyone else was cleaning Sofia's house of the blood that came out of Lina.

After I and Jackson finished pushing the back seats all the way down so Lina could lay, we set some blankets from Sofia's house down so Lina would be comfortable, and in case there is more blood, it won't get on the car. We also made sure there was extra medical equipment in the back of the car in case we need it. Hopefully, it won't come in handy.

After finishing in the car, we headed back to Sofia's house and got Adelina from the sofa to take her to my home. 

Jackson helped position Adelina on me so she was bear-hugging me, her front on my front, her arms wrapped around my neck, and her legs around my waist, so her back wouldn't get rubbed on me, and cause further damage.

While Jackson went to his car to start it up and sort out any other things that were needed, I said goodbye to everyone else. Everyone else was staying till they got Sofia's house cleaned up from everything that just happened, and then afterwards would come to my house to wait for Lina to wake up.

With the help of Will, and Ash, I got into Jackson's car and gently laid Lina on her stomach, while I sat laid next to her. Ash laid Lina's head on my chest so when the car moved, she wouldn't hit her head on anything.

I then wrapped my arms closely around her without hurting her entirely. 

We said our goodbyes and drove to my house.

When we got to my home, I carried Lina the same way I did before, the bear-hug. Jackson got the duffle bag of medical equipment and carried that to my penthouse.

When we got inside, Jackson set the guest room for Adelina. He made it into a hospital bed. We'll sort of.

He fluffed the pillows and put them high up, made sure the blanket was warm so it could keep Lina warm, and set up some medical equipment that we would need for when Lina woke up.

After he finished that, he came and helped me put Adelina on the bed. We together slowly lowered Lina on the bed, making sure her back was supported and free from potential things that can hurt her.

Once she was on the bed, I tucked her in and sat on a nearby sofa. Jackson left shortly after checking Adelina's oxygen intake, vitals, and gave her much needed pain medication so when she does wake up, she won't be in too much pain.

He said that Lina would take some time to wake up since she had way too much blood loss for her to wake up quickly. He thought it would take a couple of hours to a day for her to wake up.

Now it was just me and her.

I've just been waiting, waiting for her to wake up. I've been sitting here, watching as the hours pass, waiting for her to wake up.

These kinds of moments really show you how much you care about a person. Whether that's from someone being close to death, or someone that you thought you would spend your whole life with just disappearing, not having them with you, beside you every step of the way, really shows you how much you love them.

If you think about it, it's kind of sad that it takes someone being gone for someone else to realize the treasure they lost. How that one person gave them love, kindness, compassion, strength, anything that they were lacking, that one special person gave them, yet when they are together, they don't realize those things.

People just notice what the person has done bad, how they haven't played by their rules, how they haven't given them anything, but they don't realize how that one person sacrificed so much for them, or how much they loved you in the dark, or perhaps how much they cared for you. People only realize those things when the person is gone.

Now you might wonder how I go so wise, but it's not the wisdom I'm speaking, I'm speaking from experience

When Adelina came into my life,  She made...a very interesting show.

She was begging Jackson, the Doctor Jackson for whiskey. Obviously, he refused, but that's where I come in. I might've called her a dying cow among other things, yet she still made a dent in my mind and...heart

But, she left, without giving me any information about her.

which not gonna lie, kinda broke my heart

But it mended when she was in my class. Math class, the best and worst class of the year. Best because she's in it...obviously, but worst cause of the teacher.

That fucking teacher.

She literally made a scene because Lina was late. She was late by like...four seconds, but still the teacher made a whole scene about me and her.

But I'm glad that happened because then I got to fluster Adelina. When I told her she could get into my pants...Her face was priceless. The best face I've ever seen. She was blushing so hard her whole face was bright red. On top of that, she kept on glancing at me throughout the class.

Best moment I've ever had.

But that best moment lasted about...Three seconds when I destroyed it by my ignorance, and ego.

I was so worried that she was getting abused that I never even considered that she just had too many fucking problems already, and me just bringing it on doesn't help the situation at all.

I was a real jerk to her. I was more than a jerk to her. I was cruel, arrogant, narrow-minded, bitch.

I was a bitch to her.

I never realized how that she wasn't trying to tell me her past because she didn't trust me. I mean, she probably has a little distrust in me, but still that wasn't even all of the reason.

The reason was because I kept pushing, and pushing, and kept...hurting her. Physically when I pushed her into a bookcase, and at a wall when we were at her work. I hurt her mentally by her not having the trust in me to let all of this out. Let everything that was happening to her.

I may have not done this cruel act to her but I did play a part in it.

If I just waited till she was comfortable around me and trusted me, maybe, just maybe she might've told me, and none of this would've happened.

She could've told me that someone hurt her back, and then I would've helped her out, without causing her more harm in the process.

But I didn't. I kept pushing till she lost trust and now she's unconscious in my house, with eight deep wounds on her back that bleed till she passed out.

So yes I might seem wise, but It's not wisdom that I speak, it's truth from things I've seen and now learned.

-------------------------------------------------------

I've been sitting here, on a sofa in the guest room Adelina is staying at for a little or three hours.  Jackson came back a few minutes ago with medical supplies to give Adelina.

While I was watching, Jackson put up a medical rod, tower thing that held bags of o-negitive blood to give Adelina. With that, he brought a cart the held many other medical supplies like needles, more blood, medical masks, bottles and bottles of pill medicine and more stuff I have no clue about.

After setting up, he told me to hold on and just get cleaned up. Wash up, make some food, and do something normal instead of staying here and watching.

Now you might be wondering why he said that.

Well. for the past three hours, I have not left Lina at all, which means, I am sitting in blood. Her blood.

That is why Jackson told me to get washed up.

But I'm stubborn and didn't want to leave Lina alone so I didn't get up. I didn't even say anything back to him. I just stayed silent.

Right when Jackson was about to leave, everyone else showed up. Will, Ash, Sofia, and Reese all entered my home. Right when they saw Jackson, they asked if Lina was okay.

His answer was the same as always.

"She's still passed out and it could take hours or a day for her to wake up. He didn't know when she would, but he knew she would eventually."

Everyone took the news well. They just came into the room where Lina was, and just stared at her. They told me that I had to keep faith, to trust that she would be fine.

But I just stayed silent.

I wasn't in the mood to talk.

Eventually, Ash got frustrated with me sitting in blood so he took me to the bathroom and told me the shower.

And I actually listened.

I stripped out of my clothes and just started at my reflection. There was blood on my hands, on my chest from when Adelina put her hand on it. Blood on my face from when she wiped my lone tear away, There was so much blood. I didn't realize how much was actually on me.

Eventually, I turned on the water to the coldest setting, and hopped in. I started washing my body, while simultaneously watching the water switch from clear to red. I washed my hair, my body, and when I was done, I just stood there under the ice cold running water.

I stood there remember what happened today, and somehow ended up leaning on the wall shedding tear after tear. I don't know for how long I cried for, but eventually I had the will to get out.

I got out and put on clean clothes, did some skincare, brushed my hair, and left to go to the guest room where I found everyone was eating food.

"I made food for all of us, it's spaghetti. I left your plate on the sofa" Will said and I thanked him and walked over to get my food and eat.

"Where's Ash" I noticed that Ash wasn't in the room which was kinda odd.

"He went to go get bear, the vet called and you were in the shower so Ash went to get him" Will said. In the mist of all the things that happened, I forgot that I was suppose it pick up Bear from the vet. I feel so stupid to forget such an important thing, but I'm glad Ash went to get Bear.

He's more clear headed right now than me.

"Anything" I said to no one in particular, but nodded my head in the direction of Adelina.

"No" Reese said, shaking her head. I just hummed back.

At this point, we all were just silent. Just thinking. It was kinda odd but also very calm in it's own way.

Eventually, Ash came back with Bear and he immediately went to me, wagging his tail back and forth in excitement to see me. I gave him belly rubs while patting my lap so he could sit with me. He nuzzled right on my lap.

Some time passed and it was now dark. Adelina was still sound asleep. Everyone was getting ready to go home since they didn't want to stay because they thought they were intruding. I told them they could stay, but they all said no, but said to inform them if anything new happened.

I just said for sure and walked them out of my house.

Now it was just me, Bear and Adelina, and not going to lie, it's very, very quiet for my liking. Normally I don't mind the quiet. In fact, I quite enjoy it, but with a passed out Lina in my house, the quiet is not helping the situation

I was sitting in the kitchen island doing some business to take the edge off when I heard it

"Zane?"
----------------------------------------------------------
Ahhhh how did you like it.

How did you like this chapter?
Any feedback?

Sorry for updating late I was having really bad writers block and I got busy with life, but hopefully you liked this one.

I do have some bad news. I am going back to school tomorrow form spring break meaning less chapters, but I'll try my very best to update as much as possible

That's all I have for you now

See you soon

Word count: 3233
LIVING FOR YOU

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2.1K 44
Adeline Rose is joyous, kind and beautiful she's every mothers dream. Adeline returns to the new school year ready to leave everything in the past ex...
859K 28.9K 34
"Your mouth may say you hate me," he whispered, "But your hands...they say otherwise." His eyebrows raised pointedly at my touch on his chest, face w...
13.2K 493 19
"It feels like tasting poison, the more my tongue discovers her flesh the more addicted I become." Adeline seeks comfort in her studies, she...
336K 11.4K 44
"Daniel please-" He growled cutting me off mid sentence; making it obvious that he's pissed beyond belief. I never knew that telling him my past woul...