Kai / 10k fanfic / Znation

By Cirr0s17

Kai is more of an unusual 17 year old. She was raised by her dad who used to work in military. She is more of... More

~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
~31~
~32~
~33~
~34~
~35~
~36~
~37~
~38~
~39~
~40~
~41~
~42~
~43~
~44~
~46~
~47~
~48~
~49~
~50~
~51~
~52~
~53~
~54~
~55~
~56~
~57~
AN
~58~
~59~
~60~
~61~
~62~
~63~
~64~
~65~
~66~
~67~
~68~
~69~
~71~
THE END?

~45~

258 5 2
By Cirr0s17

Kai's POV.

We were walking trough the building and Murphy was nowhere in sight. The last spot was on the roof so we headed that way. As we reached the stairs that led to the roof Warren explained that he must be up there because there could be no way that he jumped out of the window.

One after other we climbed the stairs and waited for everyone to get there. Once we all were up, we looked around to find Murphy. Warren noticed him first and slowly approached him. He must've heard her because he spoke up.

"Yep. I'm done." He said as he stood up.

"Hey, hey, hey." Warren tried to walk over to him. She noticed that he is too close to the edge so she tried to talk him away from doing whatever he was planning. She failed miserably because Murphy ran and jumped over the edge of the roof. Warren and Doc ran up to the edge and looked down.

He was safe because he landed in a pool full of decaying bodies. So he does have at least three braincells to form a plan. Before he could get away all of us ran down.

We saw him run to a car. As he got in he was about to start the car. Before he could do it Addy came out of nowhere and pulled him out of the car. She was angry about something. She punched him square in the nose as Murphy fell back.

Before she could bust his skull with her bare hands I ran up to her with Warren behind me. I pulled him off her and held her hands behind her back. She fought back but I just tightened my grip. Before Warren could ask what happened I noticed that Mack isn't nowhere to be seen. He usually is like glued to her.

"Where is Mack?" I asked her in a low voice. She stopped squirming as a sniffle escaped her lips. She shook her head and my heart sank to my heels. I let her wrists go and I just stood there not knowing what to do.

I wanted to cry but no tears fell. I wanted to scream but my voice was stuck. I wanted to punch something but I was frozen.

After some time that felt like eternity I just walked off. I didn't care if dad or 10k called out for me to stop. I just walked and walked. Until I stopped and slumped down against a building. I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my head on them. Then tears swelled in my eyes and sobs escaped my lips.

I sat there for a while until I heard some feet shuffling. I ignored it and just kept sobbing. The person that came after me spoke up.

"Amor quien era Mack?"("Love who was Mack?") The person spoke. Because of the nickname and the fact that the person spoke Spanish gave away that it was dad. Without looking up I answered him.

"El era como un hermano para mi."("He was like a brother to me") I quietly sat there and kept sobbing. He knelt down on one knee and pulled me into a hug. I hugged back and tried to calm down. Once my tears had stopped I felt numb.

I got one person back but lost another one. It hurt like hell.

I pulled away from the hug and stood up. Dad did the same and looked at me. I didn't cry anymore. I didn't want to.

I checked around if there isn't anything that I might have dropped and then walked off again. Dad just followed right after me as I walked to the team. They had found a car. It was black. The windows were tinted and once inside the seats were leather. Only Zero's could own these so I pulled dad aside to talk to him about this. To avoid anyone understanding us we spoke Spanish.

"Por que estan los Zero's aqui?"("Why are the Zero's here?") I looked at him. He flinched at the question but I held the same emotionless expression. He sighed and answered.

"No se. Lo averiguare."("I don't know. I'll find out soon.") I nodded at that and we both walked back to the car. Warren was driving with Murphy in the front passenger seat. Dad, me, 10k and Doc shared the backseats. Doc got his own seat. I sat in dad's lap like a little child and Addy was in 10k's lap. 10k seemed uncomfortable and so did Addy.

"We are going the wrong direction. Again." Murphy said and sighed.

"You left us no choice. Too much fallout in the West." Warren answered calmly. That made Murphy even more of a whining bitch than he already is.

"Again. That was not my fault." As he said Doc sighed and it was his turn to speak.

"Murphy, don't make me have to explain the term "failsafe doomsday weapon" again. Please." He said and that earned a snicker form dad.

I shook my head at that and mentally laughed at the situation. I still was sad about Mack. Addy seemed to cope better after Mack's loss but me on the other hand felt like half of my world had just exploded. I wanted to ask how she does it but decided against it.

I got exhausted so I leaned back against dad's chest and closed my eyes. His chin automatically rested on top of my head and one of his arms snaked around my shoulders to keep me in place. I soon fell asleep into slumber full of nightmares.

*time skip*

I jolted up from my sleep and looked around. I was laying across all three backseats and the car was empty. I heard some muffled voices since the car doors were closed so I decided to get out.

As I opened the door the  voices from outside became much louder and an image flashed in my mind. It was from my nightmare. I was back in the military base. I didn't want to remember any of the torture nor memories from there so I shook the image away and got out.

Warren was looking trough 10k's scope as he was sitting in the bedding of the truck. Dad was next to her looking in the direction Warren was looking. I hopped out of the  truck and as I slammed the door by accident everyone's eyes looked my way. I looked back at them awkwardly smiled and leaned against the car acting like everything is fine and I just didn't slam the door. 10k and Doc both smiled at my awkward pose. Dad just chuckled and rolled his eyes. Warren sighed and shook her head.

"Quit playing Kai. We have something to worry about." Warren said as she went back to looking trough her scope. I looked at my dad and pulled up one eyebrow. He shrugged his shoulders and looked back the way Warren was looking.

I opened the car door and climbed back in to take my sniper which was laying across the backseats. It must've slipped off while I slept.

I climbed back out and closed the door quietly this time. I walked up to Warren and pulled up my gun to my eye level. I closed my right, brown eye and looked trough the scope with my left, blue one.

There was a car flipped on its roof and it was on fire. Down the road on it's right another car came to a halt. Then down the road on the left side a heavy truck stopped. It had a few other cars on the back of it. People were on both cars.

"Is that some kind of post apocalyptic wagon train?" Murphy asked. The truck was so big you could see every detail on it even with a naked eye. I lowered my sniper and looked at dad. He was still looking at the truck and thinking of something.

"Well it aint the 3:10 to Yuma." Warren answered and handed 10k his scope back. We stood there and watched as some people jumped out of the cars on both sides and started shooting. I got bored so I leaned against the car and watched from there.

"Well, you think we should, I dunno, help them?" Doc asked Warren but dad was quick to answer.

"Think less like a missionary and more like mercenary." I snickered at that and he shot me a glare. I grinned and raised an eyebrow in a 'what you gonna do?' manner. He rolled his eyes and kept talking.

"Let's wait and steal the vehicles from the victor." He said to everyone. Warren turned to face him so she could speak face to face.

"We may not be able to save the world. But maybe we can save them." She finished off and pointed her gun towards the fight. Dad just stood there quiet and then just nodded. He does have a soft spot for Warren.

I chuckled and Warren turned to face us all. She had formed a plan already. She told everyone their tasks and we all complied like soldiers.

"10k go with Vasquez." She said and I looked at her confused. She looked back at me confused too. I looked at dad and he was about to laugh.

"Y'know we have two 'Vasquez' here." I said to her making hooks in the air for the word 'Vasquez'. She face palmed and pointed to dad.

"This Vasquez." She explained and turned to spill out next orders. Dad and 10k already were running off to their spots.

"Addy will come with me. Doc watch him and her." She told Doc to watch Murphy and Cass. The only one without orders now was me.

"And you Hawkeye...Cover our asses." She said to me. A new nickname. Nice. I thought to myself and ran off to find a spot for myself to watch everything from.

R.I.P Mack. I actually liked him so much. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll see you all on Monday when  a new chapter will be out.

-Kat:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

548K 16.3K 200
"My heart dropped for a single moment before I remembered who I was and what I've done for the last three years. My name is (Y/N) Thompson, survivor...
456 22 20
Lola Carver wasnt the smartest girl to have around during a zombie apocalypse but she made great company... season 1 ... complete season two ... in p...
1.5K 69 37
In the olden days, mankind was categorized into three groups; The Shadow Creatures, The Humans, and finally The Soldiers of Nature. One protects huma...
20.8K 1.2K 71
UNDERGOING EDITS/COMPLETED A day can change your life in an instant, just like one decision can change the path you take. But what if that day did no...