Death's Cure

By iwishiwasarock14

A society where greed and selfishness stood out the most, death of the innocents may be the prize. Experiment... More

Prologue

Chapter 1

35 8 1
By iwishiwasarock14

"I was told by my Dad to not easily trust someone, but something about this particular person had me thinking that I can trust my life with her."

"Life can be a little too tough, but we'll eventually get through it."

Everi Crisan, daughter of a scientist and a lawyer. A sweet and honest person who's not afraid to step into action when needed. Her Mom raised her to believe that everyone can be a good person despite of what they've done, Everi's Dad on the other hand, says otherwise.

3rd Person's POV

Everi got out of bed at 5AM to prepare for her first class period of being a college sophomore.

"Punyeta, bakit ba kasi Political Science pa yung kinuha ko na course."

As Everi prepared herself for class, naka-receive siya ng notification sa cellphone niya.

"Good morning, Everi!!! What time ka nasa school today?"

It was one of her closest friends since she was a freshman, Maya.

Everi smiled as she replied to her with a "First period namin kay Prof. Gonzales later at 8AM, hbu?"

"Oh, that's great! Pareho pala tayo nila Moxie ng first period ^~^"

"Cool! I'll see you guys later :))"

The conversation between the close friends ended with that.

Maybe, just maybe, college isn't so bad if Everi gets to see her friends every week days.

Once Everi finished with her routine, nag-ayos na ito ng mga gamit na dadalhin.

Before she was able to set foot outside of their home, someone called out for her.

"No breakfast, and no goodbye kisses for Mama?"

It was her Mom, Atty. Laverie Hernandez-Devera.

"I would love to eat breakfast with you Ma, but I'm already late. Though, I do have enough time for a goodbye kiss." Everi said as she went towards where her Mom was to peck her on the cheek.

Her Mom chuckled as she hugged Everi tight.

"Alright sweetie, be careful on your way to school! Tell your friends to come over sometime."

"Will do Mom, I'll see you later! I love you!"

"I love you more, nak."

After that exchange between the two, Everi walked to where her university was. No need for her to hurry because the university is only a few blocks away from their home.

---------

As she arrived at Aurith's University Campus at 7:28AM, a loud scream was heard 30ft from where Everi stood.

"EVEEEERI!!!!!!!!!" It was her highschool friend, Moxie Kyne Rivez.

The said girl ran to where Everi was, which is by the way, only a few steps from the entrance of the University.

She tackled Everi in a bear hug almost crushing the poor girl.

"KUMUSTA KA???? KUMUSTA KA??" Moxie excitedly asked her friend, the hug still intact.

Everi tried containing her giggle, but failed to do so.

"I'm all good, Moxie! Now please, get off me, you're too tall for me to carry."

"No, you're just short." Moxie said with a teasing smile plastered on her face as she untangled herself from Everi.

"Ah talaga ba Sharmaine? Pakyu."

"HAHAHAHA! Grabe, I missed your corny comebacks."

The two talked as they went to where their first class period is.

"Ay nga pala, where's Maya? Akala ko sabay sabay us on our way sa class ni Prof. Gonzales?"

"Yun na siya oh! May pinuntahan lang kay Prof. Tan, MAYAAAAAAA OVER HERE!!! KASAMA KO NA SI PANDAK!!!"

"Moxie, you're making a scene! There's a lot of students na here sa hallway!" Pag-sita ni Everi sa kanyang kaibigan.

Maya approached them with a smile on her face.

"Eve, I missed you. Kumusta naman?"

"All good, basically slept in for the most of our vacation, kain tapos tulog ganorn."

"Yaaas, kaya kasundo kita eh HAHA"

With Maya joining the two, they continued going to where their first class period is.

The three finally arrived at Prof. Gonzales' class with an extra fifteen minute time in their sleeves.

"Whew! Pucha kahingal pumunta sa classroom na ito." Wika ni Everi pagkatapos makapasok sa room.

Kakaunti palang ang mga estudyante rito dahil nga medyo maaga pa.

As they took their designated sits, may narinig silang mga estudyante na tumitili sa labas.

"Shet!!!!! Ang pogi talaga ni Elijah!!!!!!!"

"KAYA KITANG PALIGAYAHIN THOMAS"

"ANG TUNAY NA HAPPINESS AY SA PILING MO SHAUN!!!!"

"MICHAEL LESTER ISANG I LOVE YOU MO LANG READY NA AKO MAMATAY"

Nagtawanan ang tatlong magkakaibigan dahil kilala na nila kung sino ang mga dumating.

It was their friends when they were freshmens.

Elijah Zeke Padernal, Thomas Clyde De Dios, Noah Shaun Cruz, and Michael Lester Ong.

Kahit sa maikling panahon palang nila nakilala ang apat, alam ng tatlo na mababait ang mga ito.

That they can be trusted.

"Hey!" Bati ni Elijah kina Everi.

"Good morning sa inyo!" Wika naman ni Shaun.

"Nagugutom na ako." Sabi ni Michael pagkaupo nito.

"Kakapasok lang natin ng classroom Michael, gutom ka na agad? Gago ka ba?" Pang-aasar na sabi ni Thomas.

"Good morning, bola ng crystal!" Bati ni Moxie kay Shaun.

"Shut up, Moxie."

"Neknek mo shatap."

Shaun chuckled and replied "You really do have a childish humor."

"Tama na ang landian, Prof. Gonzales is already outside." Elijah whispered to Shaun and Moxie.

Nanlaki naman ang mga mata ni Moxie sa sinabi ni Elijah at bumulong ng "We are not flirting kaya!"

"Sus, dami mo pang say."

"Ulol"

---------

After three hours of their first period, the session with Prof. Gonzales ended with an ease.

"Di ko na alam kung gusto ko pa talaga mag abugado HAHAHAHA" Pabirong sabi ni Michael.

"Kaya nga pre, dami pa kailangan i-review, nakakaurat na." Sagot naman ni Thomas.

"You guys keep on talking about wanting to shift courses, but still get uno grades. How ridiculous." Elijah commented.

"Siyempre charot charot lang nila yon." Moxie replied.

"Nagugutom na talaga ako, tara Yellow Cab?" Michael asked.

"Libre mo ha?" Pang-aasar ni Maya.

"Pakyu."

"Let's go, ambagan nalang. I feel hungry as well." Thomas said.

"Alright."

"Sige."

"Everi, kanina ka pa tahimik diyan, are you alright?" Wika ni Moxie.

"Huh? I'm good."

"Sure ka ha?"

"Yup, there's nothing to worry about."

"Okay, lakarin nalang natin yung Yellow Cab. It's only a few blocks away."

"Siyempre kailangan natin lakarin, alangan liparin natin yun." Pang-aasar na wika ni Shaun kay Moxie.

"Shut the fuck up."

"HAHAHAHAHA nako galit na yan." Halagpak ni Maya.

Tiningnan ng masama ni Moxie si Maya, ngunit makikita sa mga mata nito na natatawa na rin.

"Lika na nga! AHAHAHA" Sabi ulit ni Maya.

---------

Pagkatapos kumain ng magkakaibigan sa Yellow Cab, naglakad na sila pabalik ng unibersidad.

Tahimik na naglalakad ang grupo nang magsalita si Thomas.

"Would we survive in an apocalypse?"

"Ang random naman tanong mo." Moxie muttered.

"Hindi, kasi think about it! In this generation of ours, there's almost nothing that's impossible."

"Ako sure na makakasurvive, nilalaro ko kaya yung The Walking Dead." Pabirong wika ni Michael.

"HAHAHAHA tarantado! Pero seryoso, tingin niyo we would survive?'

"Oo naman, basta we need to stick with each other. Everi with the strategy, Moxie is in charge of lightening up the atmosphere, Maya and Zeke with their unhuman strength, and us as the side characters." Michael said.

"Tangina, ginawa mo pa tayong side characters, edi mabilis tayo mamamatay niyan." Thomas jokingly replied.

"HAHAHAHA basta pag hinabol kayo ng zombie apologize walang kapitan sa isa't isa ha? Sabay-sabay tayo mamamatay kapag ginawa niyo iyon." Shaun uttered.

The whole group was laughing because of the exchange. When all of a sudden, someone passed by.

"Careful what you wish for." A girl dressed in all black muttered as she walked passed them.

---------

"We have to finish this project already. Malaking opportunity ito para sa atin."

"We're not even certain with the effects of it, at kung safe talaga ito. Can you please stop rushing things up, Doc?"

"Putangina, anong hindi sure? Look at that student over there, we could use him for our experiment."

"Are you out of your fucking mind?!?!"

"If using a student as an experiment will solve all of our problems, then so be it!"

"This is insanity, Doc."

"Call me whatever the fuck you want, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Now, go grab that student."

"My sincerest apologies, Richard De Ocampo."

'Experiment 0001 is being moved to a secured open area, keep a close eye on the subject.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...