K I S S O F M I D N I G H T

By AliyaLucas

Elena finds herself thrown into the world of the supernatural when her father is killed and they say he was k... More

1. When Night Falls.
2. The Room of Echoes
3. An Uncle And A Complication.

P R O L O U G E

23 6 0
By AliyaLucas

Mom and I were just getting home when we heard screaming, followed by an animalistic growl. We saw Dad come to the window of the living room before he slumps to the ground.

" Dad! "

I yelled running towards the house. Mom was still in shock. She snaps out it and yells after me.

" Elena don't it's not safe. "

She yells.

But all her pleas were in vain because all I cared about was getting to my father.
I ran into the house all I saw was blood everywhere. I couldn't stop the blood-curdling scream that left my lips.

" Dad!!!!! "

I scream as I take in the sight of my Dad's lifeless body on the ground. Everything felt unreal. I looked at the monster that did it. It looked like a mix of wolf and human. It's a Lycan. I was about to scream again when there was a ringing in my ear and all I wanted to do was to drown out the noise.

" This can't be happening? "

I say stepping back through the front door in shock. I found the front lawn and dropped to my knees. My head was spinning and all I wanted to do is curl up in a ball. My mind was unable to process what I saw. My mother's screams were heard when she saw what I did. I was unable to move so I couldn't go to her. As Mom kept screaming the earth beneath me started to shake. I wobbled to my feet and go to my mother.

" Mom, are you doing this? "

I asked, but she just keeps screaming. The shaking doesn't stop so I grabbed hold of her and pulled her into my arms.

" Mom calm down. "

I begged. She stopped screaming and the shaking stopped. She looks at me and says,

" I'm sorry. "

My mother was apologizing and I didn't understand why.

" Mom we need to call the police. They have to know about Dad. "

I say around the lump that formed in my throat.

Mom did what I suggested after she called the police and showed up moments after. When they did we stayed out of our home which has now become a gruesome crime scene. Mom and I looked on as they took my father's body away and crime scene tapes were placed across our front door. Mom takes out her cellphone and makes another call.

" Jared, Daniel is dead and they are back, you know who I mean. "

Mom says.

" Mom, who's Jared? And who's they?"

I asked.

" He's your father's twin brother. "

Mom says answering one of my questions. I give her the are you quizzical look before saying,

" I have an uncle? "

She nods, but I don't pry both Mom and I have had enough for one night. She lost a husband and I have lost a father.

" Your uncle will be here in two weeks. "

Mom says wiping her tears. I could see that she is trying to be strong for the both of us but I knew better. This is a lot to swallow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7M 140K 75
His gorgeous green eyes met mine, and my whole world stilled. The only thing that can be heard was my stupid heart beating a million times a minute...
490K 19K 30
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
196K 9.3K 37
Thrown out and bashed by her own family, April Rutter was among the only wolves who couldn't shift nor held any powers. Mocked by male wolves and abu...
6.7M 234K 40
"Who was your first kiss?" Ares asked very seriously and my face started reddening. "I. . . haven't been kissed. Yet." I looked away as I didn't have...