I Can See Straight Through Yo...

By RainAndThunderstorms

After Toni's interaction with Cheryl at the Whyte Wyrm she couldn't help but think that something was off. Wa... More

One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Epilogue

Three

1.9K 60 17
By RainAndThunderstorms

Hey everyone!
I hope you're all doing good. I've just watched last nights episode and I thought it was very good. I've decided to upload today, I wrote this chapter and chapter four last week so if I get some writing done this week I'll upload chapter four and some point this week too.
Thank you for all of your kind words about this story so far, I'm really glad you all seem to collectively like it.
Anyway that's enough from me, let me know what you think!
Happy reading!
Nat xx

Toni found herself walking through a dark forest before she emerged from the trees to see a huge body of water.

It looked eerily familiar to Sweetwater River only the sky was dark and the waves were angry.

All of a sudden she was sure she heard someone whisper her name.

She looked around but there was no one in sight.

She followed the voice until she found herself on the lonely highway.

Toni had no idea how long she was walking for but as if it appeared out of nowhere Thornhill stood before her.

It seemed bigger than ever.

Darker than ever.

She heard her name being called again.

Steadying herself she took her final few steps of the driveway before pushing the heavy already slightly opened door.

There were no lights on and it seemed as if every painting was watching her with their eyes.

She couldn't help the dread filling up in her chest.

Something was wrong.

The crackling of the fireplace got the brunettes attention.

She followed the sound to find the back of a head she'd know anywhere.

'Cheryl?'

The woman turned around quickly.

She was upset.

The stained tears on her face were hard to miss.

'Toni?'

The redhead stood up, her face was full of disbelief.

'How did you get here?' Cheryl asked.

'I... uh just walked in, sorry I should go,' Toni said turning around.

'No,' Cheryl said reaching forward and grabbing the brunettes hand, 'I mean how did you find me?'

'I thought I heard you calling me? I followed your voice,' Toni said looking at the redhead, this was the Cheryl she recognised.

'Toni we don't have much time,' Cheryl said quickly, 'you're in danger'.

'What?' Toni was confused.

'My body is no longer mine, you need to get out of Riverdale'.

'Cheryl please I just want to help you, you need to see a doctor'.

Cheryl shook her head, 'you don't understand. This place isn't Riverdale, it's some sort of limbo between life and death. My body has been inhabited by my ancestor Abigail Blossom. Look around you, everything looks the same but is different. I know you can feel it'.

'Cheryl come on...' Toni said, she had no idea how to get through to the redhead.

'I can prove it to you,' Cheryl said, 'follow me'.

Toni followed Cheryl to her bedroom.

'Here sit,' Cheryl said as she watched Toni sit down on the stool in front of her vanity mirror, 'look closely'.

'I don't see anything,' Toni said, 'just us'.

'Look closer, concentrate,' Cheryl said placing a soft hand on her shoulder.

Toni leaned forward a little, the image in the mirror changed.

The reflection showed the redhead in bed reading through her journals.

'That's enough, if she senses us looking she'll know you're here,' Cheryl said pulling Toni away.

'I don't understand, the reflection was different'.

'It's not a reflection Toni, it's a portal into our world. Abigail is planning on replacing your soul with her beloved Thomasina. For the sake of Anthony having a mother you have to leave'.

'And if this is all true then what about you?' Toni said.

'What happens to me doesn't matter as long as you're safe. I'd spend eternity here if it meant you would live a full and happy life,' Cheryl said her eyes filled with unshed tears.

A sound coming from the mirror got Cheryl's attention.

'Toni you have to go,' Cheryl said as she quickly embraced the only person she'd ever been in love with, she held on tightly for a couple of seconds before releasing her, 'go'.

Toni woke up in a cold sweat, she didn't think she'd ever had such an intense or strange dream.

She picked up her phone from the coffee table and checked the time, she didn't realise she'd fallen asleep on the couch but she couldn't bring herself to care.

She and Fangs had their first fight and it was over Cheryl of all people.

Toni couldn't help that she cared about the redhead, she thought after Fangs being her friend for so many years he would understand but obviously she was wrong.

Maybe it was weird for her to still care so much about her ex but she knew Cheryl better than anyone.

She was willing to bet she did even now.

After all these years.

The dream she had last night came back to her, the Cheryl in her dream seemed like the Cheryl she knew.

But she knew it was just the story Britta had told her playing on her mind.

She had no idea what to do, even in her dreams she was just as confused.

—————

Toni was anxious about sending Britta back to Thornhill this morning, she'd given the young redhead her phone number incase she needed it.

Fangs offered to drop her off with the promise that that's all he would do, he wouldn't go on the Blossoms land and he didn't.

Toni had the day to herself and Anthony since Fangs was at the Whyte Wyrm working.

She was glad, she needed some time to herself and to do some research into whatever was going on with Cheryl.

—————

Britta was a little nervous when she entered Thornhill, she had no idea what Abigail had been up to over the past few days or what to expect.

'Ah fair Brittania,' she heard the redhead say as she stood in the hallway.

'Hello Abigail,' Britta said.

'How was your time with Antoinette?'

'Fine, I spent most of my time doing homework or with the baby'.

'I see,' Abigail said but Britta could see the pain behind her eyes, 'and tell me, why did Toni feel the need to come to Thornhill?'

'She's worried about you. Well Cheryl, she knows something is wrong'.

'I am aware. Did you say anything that may give her some indication into what's happening?'

'No ma'am,' Britta lied, 'she thinks you've had a mental breakdown'.

'Interesting, that explains why she wants me to see a doctor but she won't need to worry about that soon'.

'What do you mean?' Britta said with a frown.

'Well it's quite obvious that the tie between Cheryl and Toni is no more, sooo I have a plan to bring the woman I really want here'.

'Thomasina,' Britta said before the redheaded woman got the chance.

'Yes, my beloved Thomasina. We can live here in Thornhill as we should have all those years ago. Without fear and without judgement'.

Abigail smiled at the thought of her lover and how it would feel to have her back in her arms again.

'But what will happen to Ms Topaz?' Britta asked.

'She'll simply no longer exist just like Cheryl,' Abigail said but Britta knew it was a lie, she'd seen Cheryl in the mirror herself.

'Now run along child, I have things to do'.

Britta didn't stick around, she headed for the stairs and to her bedroom.

She should probably warn Toni but what would be the point she would never believe her.

No, she had to find a way to fix this herself.

She needed to find Abigail's journals and spell books.

The young redhead remembered Cheryl asking for the curse and Rose telling her she'd burnt them.

But that was a lie.

The corners and doorways of Thornhill were dark and she'd seen the older woman place the curse down the side of her wheelchair.

The only real question was where would she hide it.

Britta wasn't sure and sneaking around Thornhill was even harder now Abigail was around.

The woman barely slept and she heard almost every creek of the house.

She needed to get her out, one way or another.

—————

A week had past by and Toni was still no further forward in finding a way to help Cheryl.

She hadn't seen her, she asked around but none of her friends had seen her either.

She still must have been cooped up in Thornhill.

Toni tried to talk to Britta but she told her everything was fine even though she was quieter than usual.

The redheaded girl had no luck getting Abigail out of the mansion either.

So on Friday night when she was sat on her bed Britta tried to think about what her next plan would be.

That's when she heard it.

A faint knock.

So faint in fact she wasn't sure if she'd heard it at all.

She looked around but she could see anything so she put her eyes back on her phone.

It was the only place she felt safe writing anything down, simply because she knew Abigail had no idea how it worked.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

There it was again.

Britta frowned until her eyes landed on the mirror in her room.

That's where the sound was coming from.

She got up and made her way over stopping in front of it.

All she could see was her own reflection.

The teenager looked harder, she had seen Cheryl in a mirror before could this be her trying to communicate.

'Cheryl?' Britta whispered leaning forward.

Everything was silent again.

Suddenly the reflection changed, she could see her bedroom but instead of seeing herself she could see Cheryl.

'Oh my god are you okay?' Britta said quietly placing her hand on the mirror.

Britta could see Cheryl's mouth moving but she couldn't hear a thing.

Thinking fast she pulled out her phone and began typing before turning the screen around to face the redhead.

Are you okay?

Cheryl seemed to get the message and shook her head.

Britta felt like she didn't have long with Cheryl, she needed to tell her Abigail's plan about Thomasina.

Abigail is planning to reincarnate Thomasina's soul into Toni's body, I don't know what to do.

Cheryl's eyes were wide, she looked around frantically to find a way for her to communicate.

She found a lipstick and wrote on the mirror.

It was backwards but Britta understood it.

When?

Britta typed on her phone again, her fingers tapping the screen as fast as she could.

In two days.

You need to get her to leave.

She doesn't believe me, I've tried to tell her.

Britta's face changed, she heard something.

You have to go, Abigail is coming.

Cheryl didn't have time to say anything Britta quickly threw her sweater over the mirror and jumped on her bed.

'Brittania it's time for bed,' Abigail said as she opened the door and looked around the room her eyes stopping on the mirror, 'and tomorrow you will clean up this room, it's a pigsty'.

'Yes ma'am,' Britta said as she nodded her head.

'Goodnight Brittania'.

'Goodnight'.

Britta let out a relieved breath once Abigail had gone, she waited a moment before getting up and approaching the mirror but it was too late.

All she saw was her reflection looking back at her.

She had to try and get Cheryl back into her body, she had no idea how but she was going to figure it out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 824 13
Cheryl's POV Cheryl Blossom, the hbic of Riverdale High was kicked out her house when telling her mother she might be interested in girls too. Cheryl...
7.7K 430 31
riverdale x the florida project||CROSSOVER FANFIC 6 years ago, at the end of senior year in riverdale, toni topaz had a one night stand while drunk a...
181K 4.2K 26
The night she ran away, she came across a strange town called Riverdale. She couldn't shake the feeling that town gave her, so she decided to stay...
4K 133 16
#1 in toni #19 in supportive #2 in cheryl #5 in tonitopaz #7 in cherylblossom #57 in choni #49 topaz #102 in blossom Toni comes back to Riverdale aft...