Another Like Me - Part I (CoT...

By Creepsies

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. The prodigal genius of the 4th Generation White Room, feared and respected among those wh... More

Chapter 00 - Prologue
Chapter 01 - The Beginning
Chapter 02 - Manabu Horikita
Chapter 03 - Class Test
Chapter 04 - Reveal
Chapter 05 - Preparation
Chapter 06 - Kikyo Kushida
Chapter 07 - Midterms
Chapter 08 - Ken Sudo
Chapter 09 - Witness
Chapter 10 - Platinum
Chapter 11 - Hearing
Chapter 12 - Trap
Chapter 13 - Speranza
Chapter 14 - Deserted Island Special Test, Part 1
Chapter 15 - Deserted Island Special Test, Part 2
Chapter 16 - Deserted Island Special Test, Part 3
Chapter 17 - Deserted Island Special Test, Part 4
Chapter 18 - Deserted Island Special Test, Part 5
Chapter 19 - Deserted Island Special Test, Part 6
Chapter 20 - Deserted Island Special Test, Finale
Chapter 21 - No Break
Chapter 22 - The Zodiac Exam, Part 1
Chapter 23 - The Zodiac Exam, Part 2
Chapter 24 - The Zodiac Exam, Part 3
Chapter 25 - The Zodiac Exam, Finale
Chapter 26 - Another Like Me
Chapter 27 - Dictator
Chapter 28 - Natural Genius
SS.1 - Standards (Chiaki Matsushita)
SS.2 - The Man Behind The Mask (Kikyo Kushida)
Chapter 29 - Shadows
Chapter 30 - Strength Test
Chapter 31 - Reconnaissance
Chapter 32 - Double-Edged Sword
Chapter 33 - The Curtain Rises
Chapter 34 - Foul Play
Chapter 35 - Theatrics
SS.3 - An Aura of Mystery (Ryuji Kanzaki)
Chapter 35.5 - Gossip (?) [Bonus]
Chapter 36 - Classroom of the Elite
Chapter 37 - Final Leg
Chapter 38 - Exposed, Part 1
Chapter 39 - Exposed, Part 2
Chapter 39.5 - The Student Council
Chapter 40 - Loyal Junior
Chapter 40.5 - Confession
Chapter 41 - The Negotiator
SS.4 - Siding With The Winner (Masayoshi Hashimoto)
Chapter 42 - Striking Gold
Chapter 43 - Rewind
Chapter 44 - The Paper Shuffle
Announcement - [1]
Chapter 44.5 - Teacher Troubles
Chapter 45 - Bookworm
Chapter 46 - Backroom Deal
Chapter 47 - Queen
Chapter 47.5 - Quest [Bonus]
Chapter 48 - Man With A Plan
Chapter 49 - Study Groups
Chapter 50 - Possibilities
Chapter 51 - Provocation
Chapter 52 - Realization
Announcement - [2]
Chapter 53 - Submission
Chapter 54 - Retaliation
SS.5 - The Greater Good (Shiina Hiyori)
SS.6 - Fearless (Sakayanagi Arisu)
SS.7 - Hot Guys (Mori Nene)
Random One Shot 1 - Kiryuin Fuka
Question - [1]
Announcement - [3]
Random One Shot 2 - Ichinose Honami
Chapter 55 - Tail
Chapter 56 - Cold Reading
Chapter 57 - Family
Chapter 58 - Camouflage
Chapter 59 - Rokusuke Kouenji
Chapter 59.5 - Trust
Chapter 60 - True Defeat
Chapter 61 - Suspicion
SS.8 - Friends (Kikyo Kushida)
Chapter 63 - Operation Peri-Peri [Bonus]
Chapter 64 - Date!
Chapter 65 - Playboy
Chapter 66 - Reveal 2.0
Chapter 67 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 68 - The End of the Beginning
Chapter 68.5 - Desire
Chapter 69 - Epilogue
Another Like Me, Part II (Teaser)
Part II is Out!

Chapter 62 - Date?

4.4K 163 102
By Creepsies

( Takeyama POV )

Today was the first day of snowfall.

I stood outside the dormitories, looking up into the sky and savoring the rather exquisite taste of the snowflakes in my mouth. I didn't care if anyone saw me this way. Snow is rather new and interesting to me.

It was around the end of December, and winter vacations were currently ongoing. There really hasn't been much drama ever since Ryuuen got beat up, and things have been really quiet between Class C and D now. Those Class D blokes don't follow around my classmates anymore, so things were ironed out.

On the weirder side of things, Ryuuen and I were on surprisingly good terms now.

If anyone were to ask me why and what the hell, this is probably something that only guys do. They beat each other up, and that's how we settle our differences. It's simple yet effective.

Ishizaki and Albert had invited me to hang out with them at the arcade, but I was already preoccupied, so I had to turn down their offer. Besides, the Leader of Class C hanging out with the lackeys from Class D would not be seen in good light by my classmates.

I was busy anyways, so I didn't have much of an issue turning him down.

I glanced at the clock. It was 11am, so my scheduled meeting time was coming up.

I sighed, and walked towards Keyaki Mall, and the usual café that I visited, The Brewster. I passed by several couples on the way, most of them being from the second and third years.

Now that I thought hard about it, our grade doesn't have too many couples. Granted, there are a few of them here and there, but I don't think the number exceeded 4. There were 2 couples in Class A, and one each in Class B and Class D. I left out Hirata and Karuizawa for obvious reasons.

Couples, huh?

I playfully kicked the snow on the way to the mall, much to the annoyance of a second year student who I had accidentally kicked the snow onto in the process.

Maybe I could try my luck out with dating as well.....

I knew I could definitely get a girlfriend if I tried. But it irked me that I had to choose someone. There wasn't anyone in the school that I potentially saw as a candidate. Most of my female friendships had been surface level, except a few deep ones like with Chiaki and Horikita. And I doubted any of them would want to date me.

Plus, it would get a bit dicey if I tried for someone who wasn't in Class C. It wouldn't be outright treason, but as a Class Leader, I had a very important role, and I didn't want to lose the trust of the class just because I was experimenting love.

What exactly do couples do, anyways?

If TV shows serve me right, they hold hands, snuggled up close to each other, surprise each other with presents and gifts, and do the occasional kiss if they're close enough, and maybe more.....

I sighed, and realized that I wasn't too interested in the ordeal, but just the concept. The concept of dating fascinated me, but actually going through with it felt like too much work for a lazy bum like me.

Guess I'll remain single.....

I turned the last corner, and walked up the main road to Keyaki Mall. I passed by a few familiar faces from the other classes. It seemed that many students had plans to hang out with their friends today. I felt kind of lonely walking down the street alone. I picked up my pace.

As I neared the café, I saw the rather crowded door outside. It wasn't exactly rush hour, so it felt unnatural for it to be this crowded.

As I approached the café, I walked up to the front door, ignoring the queue beside me.

I approached the waiter.

"Excuse me, I have someone waiting inside for me."

The waiter nodded, and guided me inside. For some reason, I could feel the penetrating gazes of all those who had been waiting in the queue behind me. They were probably pissed that I skipped the queue.

I walked in.

And I could suddenly feel the tense atmosphere inside as well. It seemed that most of the crowd inside was staring at me and frantically whispering about something.

I entered The Brewster, and the supple and magnificent heat burrowed its way to me, and I finally unwrapped my scarf. My trained eyes searched for a single girl.

I found her seated in the corner of the café, elegantly sipping her coffee.

I approached the lilac-haired girl, and she gave me a smug smile as I arrived. She was wearing a cute full-sleeved dress, with thigh-high stockings and a matching hat. I savored the eye candy in front of me. 

"Fufu, it's so unlike you to make a frail woman like me wait, Keisuke," Sakayanagi Arisu said. "Perhaps you're a sadist?"

"Well, that I am," I replied nonchalantly. "Besides, I'm a true believer of gender equality. If guys can wait, so can girls."

"Fufu~~"

Sakayanagi let out a slow but hearty chuckle, and she motioned for me to take my seat opposite her. The café was rather crowded, but I realized the tables around us were rather empty, even though there was quite a throng outside.

"Surprised?" she asked me almost devilishly.

"I am," I replied. "Why are the tables around us unoccupied?"

"It seems that this is the result of two of the most influential people in the grade having a conversation in public," Arisu said patiently.

I nodded in understanding.

This café was famous not only because of its rather exquisite menu, but also because the seniors did not frequent here too often. In other words, most of the crowd in The Brewster are first years.

In tandem, a meeting between 2 class leaders would probably draw some serious attention. Plus, it tends to spread rumors if said meeting is between the opposite genders.

"So people are, let's see, intimidated by us?" I asked half-jokingly.

"Of course they are," she replied warmly. "After that stunt you pulled off against Ryuuen, you're quite famous. Even more famous than before, I must add."

I narrowed my eyes.

So the news has spread?

"You're probably wondering how I know this, Keisuke," she said seductively, bending forward a bit on the table. "But don't worry. No one knows any details of what happened. The news spread like wildfire. 'First Year Heartthrob beats The Dictator senseless'. It's hot."

"But how?" I asked. "I don't remember leaking this information."

"You don't? Oh, I wonder how then," Arisu said with her usual smug attitude. "It seems that you were the one who posted it on the school's forum, Keisuke."

She slowly slid her phone across the table towards me, and I peeked at the top notice on the school's online forum.

It contained just one line, written in bold. 'Keisuke Takeyama beats up Ryuuen Kakeru.'

"What the hell.....?"

I narrowed my eyes. Who posted this?

Now that I think about it, it cannot be anyone who didn't know about this fight, for obvious reasons. It has to be someone who was on the rooftop that day.

It cannot be anyone from Class D, as this message does nothing but damage their reputation. I can rule out Ishizaki, Ibuki, Albert and Ryuuen himself from this, in that case.

That leaves Karuizawa, Kiyotaka, Kouenji and I.

And it doesn't take a genius to figure out who.

"Kouenji....."

"Hmm? Kouenji-kun was the one who leaked this?" Arisu said with a soft smile, as though mocking me. "So he was involved in this ordeal as well? And I can assume that this is true?"

"I don't think there is anything that I need to hide, seeing that I'm just as clueless as you are," I deadpanned. "But yes, Kouenji-kun was there as well. However, I must refrain from divulging any more information."

"I understand," she replied. "After all, we're here not to talk about class affairs, right? We're here on a date."

I stared at the lilac-haired girl, who was staring back at me with enchanting eyes.

"Wait, this is a date?"

"As always, your harsh words wound me, Keisuke," she replied without a trace of feeling hurt in her voice. "You're going to leave me hanging?"

"Of course not."

"Then let's not talk about anything class-related," Arisu said, clasping my hand from across the table. "I, after all, wanted to just spend some time with you during Christmas. Will you not spend some alone time with me?"

She leaned on the table, grabbing my hands before I could take them off the table.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Damn those doe eyes.

________________________________________________________________________________

[ Meanwhile..... ]

"Sakayanagi and Kei-chan..... are on a date?"

"N-no, not a date!" chibi Sato screamed adorably. "It's not what you think, Chiaki-chan! They're doing class affair stuff! Class Affairs!"

"They're..... doing..... each other?"

"Wait, no! You've got it all wrong!" chibi Karuizawa joined in to the screaming. "They're just hanging out with each other! It's. Not. A Date!"

"...... date?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

*sad Chiaki noises*

________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 67 11
"I love you" are the last words Ai Hoshino remembers saying before she died... but when she opened her eyes she became... A baby?!? And she became th...
230K 3.2K 42
ONGOING 2024!!! Dating A Fnaf Boy isn't as easy as it seems. It comes with it's ups and downs, but no matter what they still love you. Characters: Fr...
707K 23.9K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
13.6K 253 22
A 30 year old engineer is suddenly crushed on the job... but it seems the universe is not done with him yet. join my OC, Orion, in his new and exciti...