Just like a dream...

By LilMskitkatrose

"I wish I could turn back time and change everything that happened...I wish things would back to what it was... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Promises
Chapter 2: First Meet
Chapter 3: Only you
Chapter 4: Cold Pond
Chapter 5: Yin Metal
Chapter 6 : Tiānzǐ Xiào
Chapter 7: Flower Spirit
Chapter 8: Burial Mounds
Chapter 9: Realizations
Chapter 10: Yunmeng Trio
Chapter 11: Soulmates
Chapter 12: Trouble?
Chapter 13: Bittersweet
Chapter 14: We make a good team
Chapter 15: Twists
Chapter 17: Lantern Festival I
Chapter 18 : Lantern Festival II
Chapter 19: Unrestrained
Chapter 20: Bootlicker
Chapter 21: Demons
Chapter 22 : Spider Flight
Chapter 23: System

Chapter 16: Rollercoaster

2.1K 138 5
By LilMskitkatrose

Chapter 16
Rollercoaster

"How do you even manage to write when you are doing handstands...?"
Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan...

Both of them were doing there punishments in the Discipline hall...
"Don't tell me...You have done this a lot, haven't you...?"
Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan with a chuckle...
"Lan Zhan o Lan Zhan...You mischievous fuddy duddy..."

"No wonder you are freakishly strong...In spite of my awesome build I felt like a twig while trying to break free from your hold..."
He added...

Lan Zhan smiled...

"You know...I could get used to seeing you smile..."
Wei Ying said to Lan Zhan beaming...

"So what do you plan to do about the little bunny after this...?"

"I have asked brother about moving to jinshi...since it is in the outskirts of the sect...there won't be any problem with keeping it with me...."

Wei Ying nodded...

Silence prevailed...
Being in the Discipline hall reminded him of the memory that was shown to him by the flower spirit...

The one where Lan Zhan was hit 33 times with the Discipline whip for going against his clan elders...

Was it really something that happened or was it just a memory...?

Wei Ying pep talked himself to ask the one question that he had in mind ever since they encountered the flower spirit...

"Lan Zhan...There is something I wanted to ask you about..."

"Hmm..."

"Nothing..."
Wei Ying said chickening out...

*Silence*

"Lan Zhan..."

"Hmm..."

"Never mind..."

*Silence*

"Wei Ying..."
Lan Zhan called...

"Fine...look...When we were in Falling Flower Petal House encountering the flower spirit..."
Wei Ying said finally...

He felt like Lan Zhan freeze for an instant...But it was gone as soon as it came so Wei Ying couldn't be sure that even happened...

"I was shown a memory..."

"Hmm..."

"I saw...I mean I saw..."
But Wei Ying stopped not wanting to offend Lan Zhan by saying that...

"What was shown was just a memory to mess with our minds Wei Ying...I saw one too...but it was totally different from what had happened in real...I am 100% sure of that...maybe that incident was shown to me because of my regrets..."

"It's better not to dwell on it..."
Lan Zhan added...

"Oh...yeah...ok..."
Wei Ying said to him...

He sighed...

Maybe because he loved Lan Zhan, his mind had conjured up a scenario where Lan Zhan was grieving for him...

*Sigh*

But still why would I even imagine something where Lan Zhan would get so hurt...?

*Silence*

"Lan Zhan...I have completed..."
Wei Ying said after sometime and looked at Lan Zhan who seemed to have finished his long ago...

It almost felt like Lan Zhan had waited for him to finish...?
Wei Ying couldn't help but smile at that thought even when he knew it wouldn't be that...

Lan Zhan got up as well...

"Wait for me before you leave to Caiyi Town ok...I'll go tell Jiang Cheng and be back..."
Wei Ying said to Lan Zhan before walking towards the Jiang Cheng's quarters...

Lan Zhan nodded and watched as Wei Ying walked away...

He then made his way to the Hanshi...
"Wanji..."
Lan Xichen called seeing him...

"Brother...Wei Ying and i have completed our punishment..."

Lan Xichen nodded...
"Wanji...I think we should leave now for exorcising the water ghosts now..."

"Brother...Wei Ying said that he would be here soon..."

**************
"Where ...?"
Jiang Cheng asked Wei Ying as he walked into Jiang Cheng's quarters...

"Jiang Cheng...I asked Clan Leader Lan if I could go with them to exorcise the water ghosts in Caiyi Town...Do you want to come as well...?"
Wei Ying asked...

Reaching there he had used enchantment to prevent the Wen spies from listening in on their conversation...

"No...I think I'll pass..."
Jiang Cheng said to him...

Wei Ying frowned...
"I thought you would be excited about..."

"Well...I'm not...that's the business of cloud recesses...I would rather we don't interfere with it..."

"Excuse me...?"

"There are Wen spies all over this place reporting about everything to Wen Ruohan...not to mention the fact that that Wen Chao is also there watching our moves...This issue at the Caiyi Town is a delicate situation...And it's cloud recesses's mess...Getting into it with them will be stupid..."

"What is gotten into you Jiang Cheng...?You were not like this...wasnt it yesterday you asked me to go for it..."
Wei Ying said to Jiang Cheng in disbelief...

"i am doing what I have so that we could survive...I'm looking out for sect...Anything we do here will be counted against our Sect..."

"Stop being such a coward Jiang Cheng...what if this situation happens to us next...would you do nothing and let those wens walk all over us...?"
Wei Ying asked...

"Well...This situation hasn't happened to us yet Wei Wuxian...And we can think about it when it does..."

"Fine...if you aren't coming then don't...then I'm going..."
Wei Ying said and took a few steps when  Jiang Cheng stood against the door stopping him..

"Wei Wuxian...Just tell that you dont mind us all getting persecuted because you have to play hero...?HAVEN'T YOU HAD ENOUGH...?"
Jiang Cheng asked shaking with rage...

Wei Ying froze...

***************
"Wanji...it's getting late...I don't think Wei Gunzi is going to come..."
Lan Xichen said to his brother...

"We should go now if we have to prepare for the exorcism tonight..."
He added...

Lan Zhan nodded...

"Clan Leader...shall we leave...?The people of Caiyi Town were saying that it's difficult to get to the waters once it get dark..."
Sushe said to Lan Xichen...

"Sushe...I want you to do something for me...since I and Wanji are leaving...I want you to keep an eye on the disciples for me... with the Wen spies lurking around, I feel like there could be some unrest which could be catastrophic to our sect..."
Lan Xichen said to him...

Sushe frowned...
"But clan leader..."
He said...

"Sushe...You know I can only trust you with this..."
Lan Xichen said to him..

"Ok clan leader..."
Sushe said pleased with himself and after bowing to Lan Xichen left towards the orchid room...

"Sushe is one of our best disciples Wanji...I hope you know what you are doing..."
Lan Xichen said to Lan Zhan...

"Hmm..."
Lan Zhan nodded confidently...

"Wanji...we should leave soon...its getting really late..."
Lan Xichen said to Lan Zhan...

Lan Zhan nodded...

"Well...well...well...what do we have here...?"
Wen Chao said walking towards them...

"Heard that the big shots of Lan Clan had left for an exorcism...Thought I would tag along as well..."
He said to them...

"Wen Gunzi...you don't have to...We got this covered..."
Lan Xichen said to him sternly...

"Well...that's too bad...I have already called all the young masters to help you with the exorcism Clan Leader Lan...They would be here any moment...Being the official nominee of the Chief cultivator I can't let you people deal with this alone...what if it's something bigger...?"
Wen Chao asked him...

Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan exchanged glances....

*************
"Wei Wuxian..."
Jiang Cheng called rushing towards Wei Ying who was looking at him like he had slapped him...

"Wei Wuxian..."
Wei Ying asked Jiang Cheng weakly...

"Look...I'm sorry...I don't know what came over me...I was so angry...it just fell out of my mouth..."
Jiang Cheng said to Wei Ying who looked shaken...

Wei Ying smiled painfully as he sat down on the cot...

"But I meant all other stuff...we just can't go interfere in the Lan Clans business...We have to be careful...and we don't want to..."
Jiang Cheng added...
"I don't know Wei Wuxian...I don't understand..."

Silence ensued...

"I wont be around for long Jiang Cheng..."
Wei Ying said interrupting Jiang Cheng...

"Excuse me...?"

Wei Ying sighed...
This wasn't how he wanted to disclose things to the one who was even more than a brother to him...

"I...I won't be around for much longer..."
Wei Ying said again...

"Wei Wuxian...I heard it the first time you said it...I'm as confused about the absurdity you blabbered as I did when you said what you said the first time..."

"I'm serious Jiang Cheng..."

"Stop this nonsense..."
Jiang Cheng said him...

Wei Ying didn't answer...
"I WoNt Be ArOuNd fOr LoNg..."
Jiang Cheng said mockingly imitating Wei Ying...
"WHAT...?Are you dying...?"
He asked him...

Wei Ying laughed humorlessly realizing how close to truth Jiang Cheng was...

"I have been thinking lately...And i have...I have decided to leave Yunmeng Jiang  Sect..."
Wei Ying said...

Silence ensued...
Wei Ying was sure Jiang Cheng was in shock...because the man just kept staring open mouthed at him...

"You have to get used to being without me...I know I promised that I will be there by your side you when you become the clan leader...just like my father was with Uncle Jiang..."
Wei Ying said after sometime...

"I can't believe you even thought about leaving the sect...This is about HIM isn't it...?You are saying this deliberately so as to hurt me because I am always coming between you and HIM..."
Jiang Cheng snapped angrily...

"You know I would never do that to you Jiang Cheng..."
Wei Ying said to him...

Silence ensued...

"I have...err.. I have decided to go to train with grandmaster Baoshan Sanren..."
It wasn't like he could tell his brother he was ultimately going to mess everything up...

"Why...?You are fine here...if this is about HIM..."

"No Jiang Cheng...it is not about Lan Zhan..."
I'm just trying to put max distance between me and my loved ones...
He thought to himself...

"Baoshan Sanren is my grandmaster...off late I have been missing my parents...and she is all I have that is close to my mother..."

"I think I owe you this explanation..."
Wei Ying said smiling sadly at Jiang Cheng...
"Because...I will have to break the promise I made to you..."

"Is HE coming with you...?"
Jiang Cheng asked him...

Wei Ying shook his head...

"So you are going to leave HIM as well...?Didn't you say that he is your soulm..."
Jiang Cheng trailed off uncomfortable about it...

"Lan Zhan IS my soulmate...but..."
Wei Ying trailed off...
It wasn't like he had choice...infact every one of them were better off without him...

Knowing what he knew about what is going to happen...he knew it was futile to keep his hopes high...He was used to everything getting snatched from him...first his parents...then Uncle Jiang and Madam Yu...then shiji...Jin Zixuan...A' Yuan...Wen Qing...Wen Ning...the other old and innocent wens in his care...

"When are you planning to go to Master Baoshan Sanren...?"
Jiang Cheng asked him...

"Err...In a couple of months...maybe...i err...I haven't decided yet..."
Wei Ying said...

"I just want to do things without fearing about repercussions Jiang Cheng...To just be myself...To just be with the people I love and care about...And it's not because I have hero complex or anything...it's..."
He trailed off...

"Why are you talking like you are dying...?"
Jiang Cheng asked him...

Wei Ying smiled sadly realizing how close he was to the truth...

"Does HE know about this...?"
Jiang Cheng asked breaking his trail of thought...

Wei Ying shook his head...

"Ok..."
Jiang Cheng said pretending to look nonchalant...

Wei Ying raised his eyebrows seeing how he looked a little smug being the first person to be told about this...
"You have to be kidding me...I can't believe that you are looking so smug about me telling this to you first...you are so childish..."

"Well...I'm your brother...I deserve to know it first..."
Jiang Cheng said to him...

"Unbelievable..."
Wei Ying muttered...

"Are you leaving right away for the exorcism with the Lan Sect...?"
Jiang Cheng asked as Wei Ying made his way towards the door...

"No...i have decided not to go...the last I want is to bring the wrath of the Wens on my family..."
Wei Ying said to him...

"You...You go with them...Be with HIM as much as you want...if that's what you want...I'll go tell A-Ji and catch up..."
Jiang Cheng said to him...

"Since when did my brother become so nice...?"

"Ergh...take that back...I'm not NICE..."

*KNOCK*

Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng heard knocks on the door...

Jiang Cheng opened the door to see the right hand man of Wen Chao...
"Wen Gunzi has asked the young master of all clans to accompany Clan Leader Lan and others for exorcism..."
The man said to Jiang Cheng...

***************

"I can't believe you almost left with out me..."
Wei Ying said to Lan Zhan dramatically as he joined them a few minutes later...

But he noticed how Lan Zhan didn't respond to his theatrics...

In the past life he wouldnt even have minded...Lan Zhan used to ignore him most of the time...
But after coming back Lan Zhan had always indulged his shenanigans...
"Lan Zhan..."
Wei Ying called worrying what happened...

"I'm going to die...I'm going to die...I'm going to die..."
Nie Huaisang kept repeating in a panicked manner beside them...

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan looked at him...

"You will be fine  Nie-xiong ...relax..."
Wei Ying consoled him...

"Besides, considering the fact that Lan Zhan is with us, those water ghosts aren't even going to spare us a glance..."
He said teasingly...
"They are all going to go cuckoo over him..."
He added winking at Lan Zhan who ignored him again...

"Lan Zhan...Are you alright...?"
Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan...

"They are fishing..."
Lan Zhan said to him staring at Wen Chao who was walking alongside Lan Xichen...

Wei Ying nodded...

Wen Chao asking all the young masters to come for the exorcism wasn't some sort of coincidence...
He had planned the entire thing...
So see each of them in action...
To see who of them are capable of being threats to the Wen clan...

And maybe to figure out who had taken the Yin Metal...

"I'm going to die...I'm going to die...I'm going to die..."
Nie Huaisang kept repeating again...

Wen Chao looked at the man in disgust as if  it ticked him off for even considering the man as a suspect...

"Huaisang...You can stay in the inn if you want..."
Lan Xichen said to Nie Huaisang...

"You are an angel Xichen-ge..."
Nei Huaisang said hugging him...

Lam Xichen smiled at him...

"You all can stay in an inn for sometime...while I go collect information about the situation..."
He said to everybody...

"Wanji...."
He called looking at his brother asking him to take care of the guests...
Lan Zhan nodded...

*********
Once they were in the Biling Lake everything happened like before...And him and Lan Zhan were able to tackle the aqua demon and help others with the knowledge of the past they possessed...

Wen Chao being the spineless jerk he was didn't bother to come with them to the lake and had gone back to gusu as soon as they reached the caiyi town...

Once they temporarily sealed the abyss everybody decided to walk around...

*************

"Loquats...buy juicy Loquats..."

"Wanji..."
Lan Zhan was buying a basketful of Loquats when Lan Xichen walked towards him...

"Brother..."
He acknowledged paying for the loquats...
Lan Xichen waited till Lan Zhan was done...

"I didn't know you liked loquats..."
He said to Lan Zhan...

"Do you like to have some, brother...?"
Lan Zhan asked...
Lan Xichen took one from the basket...
"Hmm...it's delicious..."

They walked in companiable silence for some time...Lan Zhan could see Wei Ying sitting atop a small bridge looking into the lake below...

"Wanji...i know Wei Gunzi means a lot to you...and that you are happy when you are with him...but there is a part of me that thinks that maybe it would better for you to stay away from Wei Gunzi..."
Lan Xichen said after sometime...

Lan Zhan looked at his brother...

"I don't know why...but...I can't help but feel like Wei Gunzi is going to cause you a lot of pain..."
Lan Xichen added...

"As much as I am happy when I see how you are when you are with him...I also want to take you away from him so that you wouldn't be hurt..."

"Brother...I like Wei Ying...I care about him...I was ready to suffer for eternity if I could take away the pain he was going through...but all I could do is watch..."

"Now I have a chance to make things right...and I don't want to just be a spectator to his pain...I don't want to do it...I don't want to be in the sidelines anymore brother...I want to be with him...Without worrying about right or wrong...without worrying about righteousness and evil...without worrying about virtue and vice..."
Lan Zhan said emotionally...

"I...I love him brother...I love him a lot..."
He added...

Lan Xichen sighed...
This was the first time he was seeing his brother get so emotional about anything...

"Well...that changes everything...Wanji...No matter what I'm with you..."
Lan Xichen said and patting on Lan Zhan's shoulders took a few steps...
He then turned as something crossed his mind...
"But make sure you tell him about your feelings before it's too late Wanji..I don't want you to suffer like our parents did..."

"Can I..err...have a word...?"
Lan Zhan turned to see Jiang Cheng looking at him uncomfortably..

*****

Wei Ying sat on the overbridge looking at the streets of Caiyi Town with a nostalgic smile on his face...
"Wei Ying..."
He turned and saw Lan Zhan holding a basket of loquats in his hands...

Wei Ying beamed...
"Wow Lan Zhan...i was just thinking of buying some..."
He said to him...

He took some and gave them Loquats to Lan Zhan...
"Go on and try it...I'm 100% sure it will blow your mind..."
Wei Ying said to him...

Lan Zhan nodded...
"Wei Ying have some too..."

"You don't have to ask me twice..."
Wei Ying laughed while biting into one him...

"Isn't it good Lan Zhan...?"
Wei Ying asked looking at him in anticipation...

"Hmm..."
Lan Zhan said having some...

Wei Ying chuckled...

"I knew you would love it...My tastes are impeccable...This is why I wanted you to have some last time we came to Caiyi Town...but you being the grumpy cat back then refused..."
He added...

They sat peacefully looking at the lake...
It was hard to remember that this lake has such a dangerous Waterborne Abyss while looking at it...

"Now I want you to come with me to Yunmeng some day and have lotus seeds...They have this sweet flavor when the pods are green..."
Wei Ying said to him...

"The cuisine will be a little spicy but I can definitely get less spicy ones for you...you gotta try Shiji's Lotus Pork Rib Soup...oh wait you can't...don't worry Shiji also makes awesome vegetarian soup as well...what we had yesterday was just a shadow of what it usually is..."
He added excitedly...

"I don't know if you will like Yunmeng, Lan Zhan...but..."
Wei Ying said...

"I know I will..."
Lan Zhan replied...

Wei Ying smiled at him painfully...
As days went by it was getting hard for him...
To lose your loved ones was one thing...to know it beforehand is torture...

Silence ensued as they walked to their room in the inn...

"By the way...I thought you hated touching people..."
Wei Ying teased as they reached the room, remembering how Lan Zhan had held him by his waist this time when they had an encounter with the aqua demon unlike the last where he pulled him up holding his collar...

"I'm kidding..."
He added seeing the exasperated expression on Lan Zhan's face...

"I'm so happy that I have you..."
Wei Ying said patting on Lan Zhan's shoulder...

"Let me protect you Wei Ying..."
Lan Zhan said to him...

"What...?"
Wei Ying asked him confused...

"Let me protect you..."
Lan Zhan repeated again...
"You don't have to do this alone...I'll be with you...I'll be by your side...if...if you let me..."

"Lan Zhan..."
Wei Ying said laughing humorlessly...
"You can't..."
He added...
"I sure as hell won't let you..."

"Please..."
Lan Zhan asked...

"This is absurd Lan Zhan..."

"No it isn't..."

"You don't know anything Lan Zhan..."
Wei Ying said to him exasperated...

"So tell me..."
Lan Zhan replied...

"Do you think it is that easy...?"
Wei Ying asked him...

"Just trust me and let me in Wei Ying..."

"I can't and I won't...There is only one ending to this story...And the more distance you keep from me the better...That's better for you and for everybody else..."

"So...You really want to suffer through this on your own...?and keep everybody away...?You think that is going to help...?"

"I have to atleast try ok...I don't want them to suffer the consequences of being close with me...same goes for you..."
Wei Ying said to him...

"I don't care what happens to me..."
Lan Zhan said to him...

"You have a life ahead Lan Zhan..."
Wei Ying said even though it broke his heart to even sat it...

But as soon as he said the words he regretted it seeing the resigned expression in Lan Zhan's face...
And it reminded Wei Ying of...of the memory he was shown by the flower spirit...

"I dare ask uncle...Who is right and who is wrong...?Who is black...?Who is white...?"

"You are going to defect from the Jiang sect...?"

"Who told you...?It was Jiang Cheng...wasnt it...?ergh...I can't believe he blabbered..."

"You can't always run away Wei Ying..."

"I have to atleast try...it isn't like I have a choice..."

"You have a choice Wei Ying...Pushing everybody away isn't the solution..."

"Well...Keeping everybody closer didn't help either now did it...?in fact everybody i care about ended up dying or suffering for it..."

"It wasn't your fault..."

"Lan Zhan please don't patronize me...you and I both know what you really think about me..."

If looks could kill he would be dead meat right now...
Wei Ying thought to himself seeing the expression on Lan Zhan's face...

"Do you Wei Ying...?Do you...?
Lan zhan asked him...
"Never mind...You would never understand...You know what forget it..."
Saying this Lan Zhan sat down to meditate resigned...

"You are the one who doesn't understand...Lan Zhan..."
Wei Ying said angrily...

Lan Zhan opened his eyes...
"Wei Ying..."

"Do you think I want this...?Do you think I want to stay away from the ones I love...?Do you think I like it when people misunderstand me and question my intentions...?Do you think I like watching the people look at me like I'm some sort of a monster...?Do you think I like it when people accuse me of being an ungrateful dog that bites the hand that feeds it...?Do you think I like it when my own brother accused that it was me who got everything destroyed...?Do you think I liked it the person I thought as my own soul mate looked at me horrified by what I had become...?YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND LAN ZHAN...NONE OF YOU WOULD...YOU WOULD NEVER UNDERSTAND..."

"You don't have to push me away..."
Lan Zhan said to Wei Ying...

"Yes I do...now more than ever...There isnt anybody that i haven't wronged ok...Uncle Jiang, Madam Yu, Jin Zixuan, Wen Qing, Wen Ning, A'Yuan, all those helpless wens, My sister..YES...YES I AM PUSHING EVERYBODY AWAY...AND I THINK THAT WOULD BE A JUSTIFIABLE ACTION ALL THINGS CONSIDERED...."

Wei Ying took a deep breath to calm himself...

Though Wei Ying's words tore apart Lan Zhan's heart he had his expressions under control...

"I am already in a huge debt to everybody close to me Lan Zhan...I don't want to owe you as well..."

"You don't owe me anything..."
Lan Zhan said to him...
Wei Ying laughed humorlessly...

"You have always tried to help me...this life and in the previous...and inspite of everything..."
He trailed off...

"You mean a lot to me Lan Zhan...you always have...and I'm honored that you think of me as your soulmate..."

As Wei Ying was saying this, involuntarily he reached out to hold Lan Zhan's hands but realizing what he was going to do Wei Ying stopped himself...This didn't go unnoticed by Lan Zhan who looked at him confused...

Sighing deeply Wei Ying stood up and took a few steps away from Lan Zhan...
But as moments passed on Lan Zhan felt his heart thumping with fear about what was making Wei Ying so worked up...

"Lan Zhan...I..."

"Lan Zhan...Just hear me out ok..."

"Wei Ying...?"

"I love you Lan Zhan...I'm madly in love with you...it has been in my mind for quite some time now...i know you think of me as immature and might be thinking of this as another one of my silly games...but i can assure you that it isn't..."

"Who am I kidding you might be disgusted by what I said...and i know that you have never seen me like that...but...I tried...I tried to ignore the feeling...you know...I was so dense earlier...and...it took me a while to realize...but...after getting this new life I...I should have kept it to myself...but you know me...I can't keep things bottled up...so..."
Wei Ying chuckled nervously...

"So...err...yeah...I love you...I have to be crazy right...?i mean...even after knowing what exactly is going to happen and how everything is going to end I haven't been able to stop myself from thinking of being with you...of spending the rest of my life with you...of going on nighthunts with you...of settling down with you..."
Wei Ying said laughing humorlessly...

"Wei Ying...you said..."
Lan Zhan started to say, shocked by the confession but was interrupted by Wei Ying...

"I'm so stupid right...?How can I even think like that...?"

"Lan Zhan...I promise...You don't have to worry though...you don't have to feel obliged to reciprocate or even acknowledge...i KNOW that you don't feel for me that way...even if I have feelings for you I will be the old Wei Wuxian...it doesn't change anything... "

Lan Zhan stared frozen at Wei Ying whose eyes had teared up with emotions...

Lan Zhan sure had heard Wei Ying confess about his feelings for him earlier...but this...hearing it directly from Wei Ying...It was making him emotional as well...

"Wei Ying..."

"So...Now you know why, I can't let you in...I can't do that to you...not in the past when we were friends...and especially not now knowing that I love you...being close to me will only cause you pain...and I dont think I can die knowing that I have hurt one more person that I love..."
Wei Ying said...

"Wei Ying..."
Lan Zhan started to say but was interrupted by a knock on the door...

Wei Ying who looked like he wanted to bolt before Lan Zhan voices out his disgust for him jumped at it and ran to open the door...

"Hanguang jun..."
The person said to Lan Zhan..

Taking this momentary distraction Wei Ying fled past Lan Zhan and the Lan Disciple...

He then ran back remembering the basket of loquats he had left in the room...Lan Zhan and the disciple stared at him...

"Forgot the basket of Loquats...you two carry on..."
Wei Ying explained before dashing past them again...

"Wei Ying...wait..."
Lan Zhan called out after the man he loved who had bravely confessed and then fled worried about his reaction...

He couldn't help but chuckle at the endearing sight of Wei Ying fleeing with the basket of loquats...

Lan Zhan cleared his throat seeing the disciple look at him open mouthed...

"What is it Xiu...?"
Lan Zhan asked the disciple...

"Hanguang Jun...Clan Leader asked me to inform you that we will be leaving for Cloud recesses soon..."
The disciple said to Lan Zhan..

"You are so dense Wei Ying..."
He thought to himself with a sigh...

But inspite of everything Lan Zhan felt at peace...And the pain of years of yearning and sorrow of losing Wei Ying simply vanished...

Lan Zhan stared at the path Wei Ying had exited thoughtfully...

*********

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.6K 2.6K 11
Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji's Second Life after Reincarnation, but this time Wei Wuxian didn't want to be the underdog to Lan Wangji. ️ Top/Seme : We...
57.6K 4.6K 33
'How have you changed this much?' 'Where is the boy I fell for all those time and still in love with?' 'What could have happen so wrong to take away...
246K 9.6K 45
Wei Ying was banished and discarded from the whole Cultivating world. Lan Zhan Turned his back on him, the juniors can't help him they are still youn...
112K 7.9K 29
[First place winner Eunoia Awards WangXian category July 2021] After being apart for years, Lan Zhan and Wei Ying are reunited, finally starting thei...