๐•๐„๐‘๐€.แŸ ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ธ๐˜€

By bqnksy

๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ adam banks gets sent to a hockey academy and meets a girl. 'hold onto the memories, they w... More

๐‘‰๐ธ๐‘…๐ด
โ™ซโ‹†๏ฝกโ™ช โ‚Šหšโ™ฌ ๏พŸ.
opening
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one

one

2.7K 53 58
By bqnksy

• —————— ᯽—————— •

chapter one: westbrook academy

• —————— ᯽—————— •

ALL THE TENSION within Adam Banks had been released once his father had finally agreed to leave the campus. He'd been impatiently waiting for this moment; a whole five months away from home.

There was a small grin tugging at the blonde's lips as he began to unpack. The boy was knelt down on the carpet of his dorm, sort of struggling to fit all of his t-shirts into a closet drawer.

"You know, I never really understood your dad."

Adam glanced up at the voice, whom belonged to one of his best friends.

Guy Germaine had his back leant against the headboard of his bed, waiting for Adam, as he had finished putting away his belongings almost an hour ago.

"Yeah, me either." The blonde responded, chuckling. "I mean he's a great dad, I guess, but just super controlling."

"What do you mean?" His friend asked.

"Well dude, he's been watching me like a hawk ever since I can remember, you know that." Adam had slouched in on his posture. It was clear that he was embarrassed to admit how babied he was growing up.

"Just this year he finally let me have a little more freedom, and my mother had to talk him into that!" Adam reached into his suitcase and pulled out his last article of clothing. He opened a random drawer, and shoved it in. "I'm so tired of it, Guy."

As the boy let out a huff, Guy sat up. He scooted to the edge of his bed, swinging his legs over the frame and let them dangle freely. "At least you can get a break. I mean now you can finally branch out a bit, maybe get to know more people. It's not healthy to let him have that kind of power over you."

Adam smiled at his friend. "Yeah, you're right."

"But I wouldn't blow him off completely." Guy reminded with a tight-lipped grin."From what I already know about your dad, Philip would pull you out of here the minute he senses something is up."

The blonde dragged his body up from the ground, shaking his head slightly as he just remembered something.

Guy noticed. "What? Was that rude of me to say? If so, I am so sorry-"

Though Adam just chuckled, leaving his friend sightly perplexed. The boy ran a hand through his hair as he clarified. "Nah man, you just reminded me about the call schedule he set up."

"Call schedule?"

Without continuing the explanation, Adam walked over to a backpack that sat on his bed. He unzipped a pocket and tugged out a folded up, crumbled piece of paper. "This," and handed it to Guy.

Guy unfolded the note, his eyebrows furrowing once he saw what was written. "Damn dude! You have to call him every three hours?"

"Starting at five-thirty in the morning, unfortunately." Adam sighed, flopping onto his bed. "Like, i'm fine if it's only for the first month, but I am praying he doesn't hold me to it the whole time I'm here."

"That would be crazy!" Guy's tone was still full of shock. "I'm scared to see what his phone bill is going to be."

Adam laughed. "Yeah, hopefully it will scare him too."

-

Shortly after the two boys wrapped up their conversation about Mr. Banks, Guy had checked his watch realized what time it was.

He recalled that there was an opening assembly being held in a few minutes, and highly suggested that they should go.

Both blondes bolted out the door, and were now walking on a stone pathway that led to the auditorium.

Julie Gaffney trailed up behind them, keeping the tone of her steps down as she intended to frighten the boys. In an instant, she jumped in between them and grasped onto their shoulders.
The boys gasped, snapping both their heads to the blonde. She smiled cheekily. "Hey guys."

"What did we say about sneaking up on us? That's like the seventh time in the past two days!" Guy grimaced, playfully shoving Julie's hand off his arm.

She spun around towards him, and lightly tapped the tip of his nose. "And yet you still get scared."

Guy rolled his eyes. "Oh, whatever." He reached out and ruffled up her hair, pushing her head away from himself once he finished.

Adam chuckled silently at his friends antics, a small smile playing on his lips. "C'mon guys, quit screwing around. We're going to be late."

AS THE ASSEMBLY came to an end, Vera began to grow anxious. She started to have second thoughts, worrying that her mother was right.

Maybe she wasn't good enough.

Her doubts only settled in more as she made her way back to the dorms. Looking around at the luxurious condition of this academy, Vera felt insecure.

She wondered if she really belonged at a place like this. A place where the all big hot-shot hockey players from around the country come to train.

Her eyes glued themselves to the tile ground of the dormitory lobby. They stayed that way until she had finally gotten into an elevator, and arrived on her floor.

Once the brunette stepped off the lift, she hurried down to her room, not being aware of her surroundings.

She just wanted to calm herself down, and go to bed.

The girl dug out the room's key from her pocket as she concluded her last steps, stopping in front of the bocote wooden door. She stuck the key into the lock and let herself in.

After closing the door behind her, she sighed with consolation and closed her eyes, finally letting herself breathe clearly. She took off the wool sweater she had on and draped it over her bedpost, only leaving herself in a grey cami.

Vera then made her way to an unpacked suitcase. She dug out a zip-up hoodie and a pair of pajama shorts.

The girl was still knelt on the ground when she heard a feminine voice from outside her room.

"Alright, I'll see you later, Cake-eater."

"You need to stop calling me that."

"Never!" There was a quiet chuckle. "Okay, i'll see you tomorrow."

Upon hearing the two people finish their goodbyes, and the jingle of the doorknob, Vera quickly wiped her eyes with the back of her hands.

She was in the midst of resituating herself as a blonde girl walked in.

Her eyes caught sight of Vera pretty quickly, and she smiled."You must be my new roomie." She spoke, hanging the bag she was carrying on a coat hook.

Vera slowly, and awkwardly, lifted her body off the floor. She returned the ticklish grin. "Yeah, I guess so."

The blue-eyes girl strided towards Vera, and stuck out a hand. "I'm Julie, Julie Gaffney."

"Vera Sinclair." The brunette returned, latching her hand with her new roommate's.

Julie Gaffney beamed admirably. "Vera? That's an awfully gorgeous name."

Vera watched as the blonde girl parted away from her. She strided towards her side of the room where a small vanity was placed.

"Thank you," Vera replied graciously. "I was named after my birth mom."

Julie snapped away from the dressing table to the brunette. Her hands where at the back of her head, struggling to take out a snap clip from her hair. Her face lit up. "You're adopted?"

Vera folded her arms across her chest. She fleeted her eye contact as she spoke, her face becoming flushed. "Yeah, so?"

"No, no I didn't mean it like that." Julie brought her hands to her front side quickly and shook them in defense, letting the clip dangle freely from her hair. "It's just, I'm adopted too!"

The brunette's nose crinkled as her lips turned up into a smile. "Really?"

Julie nodded. "Yeah."

And suddenly, all thoughts about her mom and hockey were gone. The only thing in her mind was knowing that whoever this giddy, blonde girl was, they were going to get along pretty well.

THE TWO BOYS made it to their respective dormitory building after dropping their friend, Julie off at hers. They were both eager to get into their beds, as they had a long day ahead of them the following morning.

But once they entered their room, both of them grew confused to why there were two other players unpacking their bags.

A brunette boy turned from his wardrobe, a smile lighting up on his face. "Oh, hey guys."

From the sudden greeting, the other boy turned around. His expression was unreadable, and he shook his head and went back to unpacking.

"Don't mind him." The brunette swatted his hand at the other boy after noticing the looks Adam and Guy had on their faces. "He's just a bit grumpy."

"I'm not." The boy snarled.

"Anyways," The brunette turned back to the boys. "I'm sorry we showed up here without a warning. Apparently they miscounted dorm rooms and we have to stay here for awhile, if that's alright with you guys."

Guy was there first to speak from the two. He grinned, and nodded slowly whilst glancing between them. "Yeah, yeah that's fine."

Adam agreed silently, scratching the back of his neck while inclining his head.

The brunette beamed. "Alright, cool. Oh, I'm Pierce, by the way."

"Guy,"

"Adam,"

After the brief introductions, all three boys turned to the one rummaging through his suitcase. He glanced up, narrowing his eyes and tilting his head to the side slightly. "Hayden."

There was a moment of complete silence, and Hayden went back to unpacking. It was quite awkward, to say the least. And finally, the ring from Adam's cell phone saved them. "Shit, it's my dad."

Guy nodded and swatted for the blonde to exit the room. He knew the drill. Philip would kill to find out the reason why his son didn't answer his phone.

After his friend exited, the boy turned back around to his new roommates. He kissed his teeth and stuck his hands in his front pockets, "So," he began, "What's up?"

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.4K 1.2K 26
After Gordon's knee injury, his half sister moves to Minnesota to be with him. In a turn of events she's allowed to travel to the Junior Goodwill Ga...
22.3K 84 15
Team USA's journey to the Goodwill Games Championship. Relationships, parties, alcohol, adventures, and family. All characters are aged up, so I gues...
21.6K 498 25
โ› i've got a boyfriend, he's older than us, he's in the club doin' i-don't-know-what โœ โ”โ” ADAM BANKS X OC โ”โ” STRANGERS TO FRIENDS TO LOVERS โ”โ”...
87.1K 1.5K 26
"the last time he climbed it, they were at least seven years old." ยท ยท โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ยท๐–ฅธยท โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ยท ยท stand-alone the mighty ducks: d3 adam banks x oc