Owned by Alpha Diétrich |BxB|

By saragrass_author

Book 1 - Gyres of Hunger (MxM) A world that has divided citizens into different classes, there's people who... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
THE MAP
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Book 2

Chapter 24

11.9K 684 113
By saragrass_author

It came out of nowhere, his body colliding with mine and sending us both to the ground. For a moment I was just confused, trying to comprehend what was happening. But I took way too long to do so, the man's fist encountering my cheek before I got to even bat my eyes.

"Fucking whore!"

Ryan screamed to my face with his raspy voice, giving me another punch.

What in the actual fuck was he doing? Had he lost his mind?

"How dare you order me around! No one respects you here!"

I lifted my hands quickly to cover my face from his third punch, starting to finally wake up to the situation. Determination in my eyes, I tried to kick his body from top of my own, "You're nothing but a fucking slut! Your pretty ass doesn't belong here!"

He yelled, like I would've personally done something to him. Like he would absolutely despise me, like I would've killed his dog. I knew nothing but that he had gone whack crazy.

I gave him a punch into his face in exchange, my fist immediately starting to pulse in pain. My cheek was bleeding, and my lip had been cut open. Though right in this situation I couldn't give a fuck, fuming because of the person over me. I was so mad.

"Get off!" I shouted to him in response, Ryan's brown eyes watching me with pure hatred. The look behind them nearly sent me off guard, but the incoming fist towards my guts recoiled my attention.

I grabbed his wrist just in time, bopping it off from its place. The man yelped loudly as the crack of his bones echoed in the air, my lips stretching to a pleased smirk.

Son of a bitch was dead.

"Fucking cunt!" He screamed, my other fist slamming right to his mouth. I think some of his teeth went in, my knee then being shoved into his crotch. He talked way too much, compared to what he actually did.

The warrior dropped next to me with a cringe on his face, holding his crotch with incoherent mewling, "Ah!"

I whirled around to my side, after that grabbing on to his collar. A drop of blood was dripping down my neck as I lifted myself to my knees, raising my fist for another hit.

I wanted to see him in so much pain.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Vicious growl interrupted the swing of my fist, my eyes snatching up to the approaching Alpha. He had an expression that promised nothing good, a murderous glint in his bottomless orbs.

Though what captured my attention even more besides that was the quiet laughing under me, my furious eyes shifting back to the bleeding opponent of mine, "No one fucking likes you— no one will ever see you as one of us."

"You got my brother kicked out just because of a couple of swings of that ass— you're an abomination" Ryan whispered to me, only venom to be heard from his voice. The pieces clicked slowly together in my head as more of his words were murmured to the air, just for me to hear, "People here would rather see you dead than ever carrying the Luna's, or Head Warrior's title."

My eyes narrowed towards him, the male smirking to me with evil in his own. I had no idea what he had in his mind, but I soon found out as he opened his mouth in a desperate scream, "Please, help me! Help me!"

My face contorted into confusion, my fist still stopped in the mid-air. I didn't understand, what was he doing?

"He's crazy! He attacked me!" Ryan yelled, a sudden flash of anger taking control of me. He had perfectly sculpted his facial expression into horror, like I would be here the one that had smashed their fist to the other's skull.

"Pretentious asshole." I hissed through my teeth, quickly gathering myself from top of him. I let go of his collar so that his head was smacked to the ground, the sound of it igniting strange joy in me. What kind of sick person could do like that; impersonating and recreating the whole situation just to put me accountable? Was he nuts? Everyone had seen what had happened, why would he put a show on now?

I could still see the mischievous glint in Ryan's eyes as I felt Leonel's dark aura approach us, the injured man pointing his finger towards the other warriors, "You can ask them! They saw what happened!"

My eyebrows furrowed as I took a glance over my shoulder, after that freezing.

From anger.

They all were looking at us, and I already knew what they thought about the situation. They wanted to lie, they wanted to frame me as the bad guy. Assaulting your pack member like that usually ended in banishment, especially in the Diétrich's Kingdom. Though as Luna, that was most likely never going to happen. So what were they thinking, why would they want to get me in trouble?

They knew that my mate wouldn't do anything to me, absolutely anything. So why was it worth it to twist the knot? Didn't they want to get their pack member into trouble?

But no.

I knew what it was.

Like Ryan had said, they loathed me. They couldn't actually say it aloud, or anyhow inflict it upon me. But this is how they proceeded to say it, as a silent rally. All of them were looking at me with the same expression.

They thought that I didn't belong here, that I was just a filthy whore who should be walking with their head bowed and ready to serve their Master. For some reason, even though I've been through the same thing for my whole life, it hurt. My mate was right in front of me, watching how his own was disrespected. He knew how lowly they thought of me.

And I couldn't see a reason why he would love me the same way back as I did.

"He attacked him."

One of the warriors said, pointing their chin towards me. They didn't dare to watch their Alpha in the eyes, everyone quietly murmuring yes's.

I could feel my stomach drop, the rage inside of me growing, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

I shouted, angry at the accusation. My eyes flashed towards Leonel, those pitch-black ones reaching me immediately. His face was hard, the dark aura nearly burning. It didn't matter that he was bare naked, or that he wasn't saying anything. Everyone still knew just how close they were to touch the danger.

It was silent, all the warriors staring at their boots. But I could only answer to the warning with similar fierce, continuing to build up my own anger, "Fucking assholes! I did nothing!"

I yelled, stomping my foot to the ground. The man laying in the ground was watching me with a smirk behind his eyes, knowing just as much he happened to vex me.

"All of you! Lying!" I screamed, throwing my hands around in the air. It was so fucking close that I would've jumped to the closest person next to me, "You watched it ha—!"

"Ezekiel, that's enough!"

A shout cut the air like a knife, my mouth zipping together immediately. Leonel was watching me with a serious warning, that only pissing me off even more. And he knew, he knew that he had clicked the switch in me.

Why couldn't he defend me, why would he dishonour me right in front of everyone? He showed everyone where I belonged, and right now it seemed like I belonged under his feet.

"Fuck you!" I hissed to him, turning around with fuming ears. My eyes flicked down to the man on the ground, Ryan flashing me a smile.

I kicked his face, so fucking hard that I heard his nose pop from its place.

"And fuck you!"

To elaborate, I spit on his face that had turned into one of pure pain. Then, I left.

I just started walking somewhere, not even certain where. I just needed to clear my mind, needed to get rid of the steam. I felt like anyone in the situation would; hurt, lonely, and ashamed. Why had Leonel done like that; why hadn't he said anything else? I understand that I should've probably shut my mouth, but he didn't need to be so rude about it. He could've come to me and figured out what was wrong, hug me or something.

God, I was pathetic.

A hug? I didn't need hugs, I didn't need him.

I was perfectly fine alone.

A quiet grumbling was left from my mouth as I stormed forwards, kicking every single thing on the way. Rocks, sticks, maybe even occasional snow.

It didn't matter that I had a mate now, did it? I could be happy, or pretend to be. But I wouldn't ever get the respect from others that I deserved as a being.

I shook my head to my thoughts, those interrupted by quiet sloshing.

My glazy eyes were lifted to a pretty lake, so tiny that you could call it a puddle. The water was just as clear as a sunny day's sky, forged into dark grey rock. It had a strange calming effect on it, attracting me towards it. The puddle seemed deeper than what I was, mostly being just a crack in the hill.

I crashed down right to the wet stone beside it, letting out a wavering sigh. Everything had to always be so stupid, everything had to always suck. Why couldn't I just be happy? There was always something I wanted; something I craved for. I had a mate and a good position in the pack, so why was I complaining?

What then if everyone just treated me as a sexual object, who has rights worse than a fucking snail.

I stared at the water with a scowl on my face, the surface reflecting myself on it. The black hair and blue eyes, the sharp and narrow features.

I hated it.

I smashed my leg to the water, breaking the tranquil surface and creating a storm of bubbles. It splashed all over my clothes and it was ice cold, but I didn't care. Everything could just fuck off right now.

I felt like my skin was itching, and I wanted to peel it off. The anxiety rushed through me, my eyes closing with another sigh.

"Don't cry. . ." I whispered to myself, possibly for more than once. Though it didn't seem to have the effect I wanted, the hot tears burning behind my lids.

Was I just weak? Why did I suddenly care?

A snap in the forest behind me made me freeze, the sound quietly echoing around me. But I didn't need to open my eyes or turn around to prepare myself or to know who it was because of the sugary scent, "Go away."

I raised my raspy voice, more snaps being heard as the Royal stepped behind me. I could feel his frame there, looming over me; his black eyes scorching a hole into my head.

"Did you attack Ryan?" I heard him ask, my eyes immediately opening. The flame that had calmed in me was lit again, anger burning my chest.

"Seriously, Leonel?!" I turned my head towards him, having to crane my neck so that I could see his face. He was watching me with an unreadable look, hardly even flinching his stony expression. I bit my teeth together before I raised myself up, my head coming to his chest's height.

My pale raging eyes glared at him with indescribable hatred and hurt, my finger being jabbed into shoulder, "You believe a word they say?! Fucking hell!"

I punched his shoulder gently, my voice full of pain.

He was supposed to be my mate, and now he didn't even believe me.

"Well there's nearly twenty warriors saying that—" he started with a cold tone, my dry chuckle interrupting him.

I couldn't understand it, I really couldn't. What did he see that I didn't?

"Oh, go fuck yourself!" I snapped, the black orbs instantly darkening. The way he acted, the way he moved; I had long ago figured out the signs.

The signs that told me whether he was being sarcastic, angry, sad, stressed or whatever he could be in the world. And right now, I knew that he was pissed. And not slightly pissed, but mad pissed.

But good thing that I was too.

"Ezekiel." He warned, lifting his other hand to take a hold of my own. But I pulled my arm away, shaking my head at the same time.

"Don't you fucking dare to even talk to me right now. I told you to— Go. Away" I emphasized my words, baring my teeth to him. Leonel only narrowed his eyes to me, visibly biting his tongue.

"Fine." He hissed, placing his hand beside his waist once again. For some reason his agreement stinged a bit, but I really couldn't blame him because of it.

And I did need time to cool off, otherwise I'd probably say something I would regret.

"And just for the record, I do believe you" he muttered just as he turned away, my teary eyes watching his now retreating back.

And it hurt.

Soon I was alone, the world seeming just as lonely. I knew that everything wouldn't always be so easy; that my life wasn't like one of those books I had read as a pup. I had always imagined myself as the prince of the story, saving the world and fighting against the injustice. But I had never imagined to be that princess who needed to be saved, and loved.

And it wasn't like one of those books, because my story ends differently.

Those books weren't realistic, they didn't handle trauma or the human mind like it was supposed to. As a person, who had been a target of brainwashing in our society; the omega who had to only serve. . . It didn't just disappear anywhere. It was still in my head, controlling me.

I didn't think I was enough, I didn't think I deserved to be respected.

But I still wanted it; everything still hurt without it. It was traumatic, and it left scars behind. Of course, I didn't expect for me to forget everything, for the people around me to forget anything.

The warriors would always see me as the person who I was taught to be.

And I would always only dream of being something but that.

I wasn't perfect.

I said wrong things, did wrong things.

But God, had I messed up.

Apart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 6.4K 43
Jack was broken. Being the sole survivor of a massacre that killed his entire family while still a child weighed heavily on him. Fearing for his life...
13.9K 376 38
BOYXBOY. Mpreg This is my first story so please be patient with me as I grow as a writer hopefully you will enjoy it and continue to read. I hope it...
170K 9.6K 40
Riley Steele, an omega soldier, is ready to do whatever it takes to get accepted into a special unit in the army full of alphas, and the people stand...