Broken Dreams

By Sukuryuappu

Kyu was a great fighter, but never knew of her past. With that in mind, she always had a mental block that ke... More

Character List
Prologue
Meditation is Key? More like a Pain in the Ass
Could Be Better
The Dream
Training
Teleport
Aftermath
Follow Up to 25 years
The Birth of Hate's Fangs
Nico vs Bella
New Beginning?
Change
Babysitting Nightmare
Johnny and Nea
Better Off Without You
The History of the Necklaces
Nea's Emotional State in Jeopardy?
A Moment that Changes Everything
What The?
Bella's Decision
The Point
Two to Tango
Author Note

The Cure to Pain

9 0 0
By Sukuryuappu

Kyu's POV

Ever since I found out what happened to my parents, I haven't stopped thinking about it. I cried myself to sleep, and I thought it would stop there. While I was sleeping, I had weird dreams that woke me up constantly....and they had confused me at first, then it made sense when I wrote them down. One dream was about a man and a woman getting married, and I saw how happy they were. The second dream was about a baby being born into the world, and they were happy as well. The third dream was different....the man and woman were arguing. I saw them stab each other, but.....I thought I heard a soft cry, then it started to get louder. That's when I woke up in Nico's arms.

Nico - Are you ok?

Kyu - No....

Nico - The dreams are getting to you....

Kyu - How do you know that?

Nico - I was there once before in my childhood....it took five years for the dreams to end.

Kyu - Is it gonna be that long before the dreams end for me?

Nico - I wouldn't know about you....the reason it took me that long was because I shunned most of the people here in the town.

Kyu - I have a question.........

Nico - Hmm?

Kyu - Do you remember anything about me since you were there to...handle my parent's burial.

Nico - I used to babysit you when your parents would go out...I was there at your parent's wedding, I was there to help the doctors when you were born, and I was there when your parents had died.

Kyu - Do you know why this symbol appeared on my stomach?

Nico - I was told that a symbol had appeared on your stomach....that symbol runs in your family and in my family as well....only problem is that it skips a generation.

Kyu - What do you mean by that?

Nico - One person in our family was born with it......our 3rd great grandmothers both were born with it. It appears in the odd generations.

Kyu - Kinda like odd numbers?

Nico - Yep.

Kyu - So, I'm in the odd generation....what about you?

Nico - Yep, I'm also in the odd generation....and it can be a good thing, but it could also be a bad thing.

Kyu - Meaning?

Nico - It's good that the symbol will pass on...the bad thing is what comes with it. That's why you had to meditate.

Kyu - What's the bad thing?

Nico - If you don't meditate, the symbol will ultimately take over your mind, body, and soul....completely erasing who you are and that would be bad for all of us.

Kyu - Has that happened before?

Nico - Once before...but not on this island. It happened once on the island I had to put you on.

Kyu - What happened?

Nico - A woman named Abigail was once a peaceful woman....one day, she eradicated most of her family, except for two of her grandchildren. Those two grandchildren created two entirely different families. You and I are part of that family.

Kyu - No way....

Nico - Her eldest grandchild, Violet, took her younger sister and ran before they were victims of their grandmother's wrath.

Kyu - Is Violet still alive?

Nico - She passed a few years ago in her sleep.

Kyu - Oh....and her sister?

Nico - Cadence is....in a coma for unknown period of time.

Kyu - What happened?

Nico - Her husband had put her in the hospital....along with her daughter, Evie.

Kyu - Who is Evie?

Nico - Evie is your grandmother's mom.

Kyu - Why did he put them both in the hospital?

Nico - He used to drink a lot, and it didn't take a lot to make him mad.

Kyu - Did they do something wrong?

Nico - No...he was delusional and began to pound on them both.

I had no idea that I would be related to Nico, but I would've never known that the symbol would also run in the family. After learning everything, I feel somewhat better....the truth kinda feels like a cure. That's just me though, I don't know about anyone else in that case.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 545 65
We are going to see this story from the perspective of Kashi Princess Amba who longed to marry King Shantanu and Ganga Putra Bhism but was brutally r...
15.9K 692 55
(Book 1 of 4) "Stay." Kyojuro pulled her close again, overwhelmed with emotion as he held her tight against himself. "Please, just for a while longer...
3.7K 87 17
Rin grew up with a disability, the inability to speak. Her parents removed her from inheriting the family company even thought she was the older chil...
425 2 14
Sophia's friends finally know about her abilities, and are ready to go back to living their normal lives. But when someone from Sophia's past turns o...